PDA

View Full Version : SLC TV Network Continues Growth

TexasTerror
July 25th, 2011, 10:14 AM
The league continues to grow its footprint... interestingly enough, itno several markets that could yield SLC football teams before long - namely Abilene and Corpus Christi...

FRISCO, Texas - The award-winning Southland Conference Television Network will deliver programming this fall to a total of 21 markets, expanding its reach to a potential 10 million television households, the Southland Conference announced Monday.

The growth of the network will extend the reach within the conference's three-state footprint to new markets, including Abilene-Sweetwater, Amarillo, Corpus Christi, Laredo, Lubbock, Midland-Odessa in Texas and Lafayette and Morgan City-Houma in Louisiana. The network also welcomes new affiliates to its expanding list, including new partners in Houston and Austin.

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=205185215

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Can people in NOLA pick up the Baton Rouge feed? Or the Hammond one?

DG Cowboy
July 25th, 2011, 11:16 AM
So West Texas A&M and ACU are in the mix. Not seeing a San Angelo-area outlet. Tarleton would get the Dallas feeds.

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2011, 11:25 AM
DG,

That was my initial thought when I first heard about the new markets about a month ago and I put it up on Twitter and got rebuked..but I think it was just getting the inside track.

DG Cowboy
July 25th, 2011, 01:00 PM
May not bear fruit right now, but the tree is planted.

GeauxLions94
July 25th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Can people in NOLA pick up the Baton Rouge feed? Or the Hammond one?

No and no xbangx ... if it's not Saints or LSU, NOLA's not going to show it though there are plenty of options there.

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2011, 03:26 PM
that's pretty unfortunate...

GeauxLions94
July 25th, 2011, 05:12 PM
No and no xbangx ... if it's not Saints or LSU, NOLA's not going to show it though there are plenty of options there.

that's pretty unfortunate...

NOLA has been an affiliate since the TV package started and would not be surprised to see something come up before the start of the season. WVUE 8.2 (Fox) was an affiliate the first season. WNOL (NOLA 38) and WUPL (UPN 54) could be options as well along with the main digital channels for WWL (4.2, CBS), WDSU (6.2, NBC) and WGNO (26.2, ABC).

And with two PBS stations (WLAE 12 and WYES 32), NOLA could go the SoCon route.

WHNO (Christian TV station) has done a Nicholls State package, with all games tape-delayed, and did the Southeastern-McNeese State game live last year. They have a pretty good footprint in Southeast Louisiana and into Mississippi and would be a prime station to pick up SLC games if not for Nicholls State package.