PDA

View Full Version : Bob Roller goes to Campbell....

blazrdog#1
July 22nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Mr. Roller deserved better than this massive letdown.Samford athletics is now an official stepping stone down the ladder instead of up.xrotatehxxsmhx

SU DOG
July 22nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Bob Roller's departure had NOTHING to do with Samford, but was for very personal reasons. It was totally his decision to get back geographically closer to friends and family. The opportunity at Campbell fit right into his desire to be closer to Richmond VA, and came at just the right time. The Samford administration would have been very happy for Bob to have retired there. Granted, Campbell University just got a LOT better.

It might behove some folks to do a little research before venting.

blazrdog#1
July 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
adhering to the party line...care to name a few more athletic departures that stepped up the ladder instead of down since Terry Bowden??xtwocentsxxtwocentsx

dgtw
July 23rd, 2011, 08:09 AM
John Brady and Chan Gailey.

If you leave Company A and take a lesser job with Company B, how is it Company A's fault?

blazrdog#1
July 23rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Perhaps you should look at the reasons for the departures... Corts & Allgood!

bjtheflamesfan
July 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu73/skyshepherd/whaaaambulance.jpg

SU DOG
July 23rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
John Brady and Chan Gailey.

If you leave Company A and take a lesser job with Company B, how is it Company A's fault?

Dgtw, I guess your logic is too good for some to understand. Roller is a personal friend of mine who called me twice this past week. We also talked about his decision long before it was announced. There is NO Spin to my account of his departure. The spin comes from others who know NOTHING about this situation. He had very personal reasons - the most relevant of which was to re-locate geographically near his future wife. She can't leave the Richmond area because of family ties. I guess, however, that actual facts may be adverse to some folks' agenda.

SU DOG
July 23rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
Perhaps you should look at the reasons for the departures... Corts & Allgood!

blazrdog - You and I can agree at least on one thing. Bob Roller replacing Allgood as AD and Dr.Westmoreland replacing Dr. Corts put us light years ahead in our athletics. Now to just get some SoCon wins huh?

dgtw
July 23rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
Dgtw, I guess your logic is too good for some to understand. Roller is a personal friend of mine who called me twice this past week. We also talked about his decision long before it was announced. There is NO Spin to my account of his departure. The spin comes from others who know NOTHING about this situation. He had very personal reasons - the most relevant of which was to re-locate geographically near his future wife. She can't leave the Richmond area because of family ties. I guess, however, that actual facts may be adverse to some folks' agenda.

In other words, if Momma ain't happy....nobody's happy.

BTW....I went to Birmingham-Southern, so I could give you a long story about how I feel about certain (now fired) college presidents and how they handled athletics.

whoanellie
July 23rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
I'm wondering if this move could be a catalyst for Campbell to move to Scholarship Football with their Big South reaffiliation?