PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Media guide

eaglesrback
July 20th, 2011, 07:00 PM
How many of you have printed media guides this year? The latest NCAA ruling I see is that the school can print them, but not distribute to recruits.

SideLine Shooter
July 20th, 2011, 07:25 PM
The NCAA is all over it. Does anybody in the ncaa have a good reason for that?

eaglesrback
July 20th, 2011, 08:27 PM
The NCAA is all over it. Does anybody in the ncaa have a good reason for that?

Not as far as I can see? but then, I'm not the " NCAA". I just don't get this whole thing!

dgtw
July 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I guess the logic is you aren't supposed to give the recruits something of value. But its not like he's going to be able to sell it to someone for a bunch of money.

eaglesrback
July 20th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I guess the logic is you aren't supposed to give the recruits something of value. But its not like he's going to be able to sell it to someone for a bunch of money.

That's ok for recruits, but heck, I just want my media guide that I've received for 25 years! (Except last year) Due to this crappola! NCAA sux!

dgtw
July 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
So schools aren't allowed to distribute them at all to the general public? Even sell them?

eaglesrback
July 20th, 2011, 09:01 PM
So schools aren't allowed to distribute them at all to the general public? Even sell them?

Last year was the 1st time in 25 years that I did not recv a "printed media guide" from the university.It was availible online only. NCAA last year held them up for reason mentioned above.