PDA

View Full Version : CAA Football Media Day - ESPN3

VBR_Productions
July 19th, 2011, 06:20 PM
The CAA Football media day will be broadcast on ESPN3 on July 27. This is the first such broadcast of its kind for the FCS. The event will take place 10AM - noon at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, MD.

For more information click - http://www.caafootballblog.com/2011/07/espn3-to-broadcast-2011-thecaafootball.html

Mountaineer
July 19th, 2011, 06:25 PM
That's pretty sweet. Congrats to the CAA. xthumbsupx

Wonder what PBS is cookin' up for the SoCon.. xshakefistx

jmufan
July 19th, 2011, 07:02 PM
The CAA Football media day will be broadcast on ESPN3 on July 27. This is the first such broadcast of its kind for the FCS. The event will take place 10AM - noon at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, MD.

For more information click - http://www.caafootballblog.com/2011/07/espn3-to-broadcast-2011-thecaafootball.html

Thought I would add to this and this quote is from the above link.

In the week leading up to media day the league is encouraging its fans to submit questions it can incorporate in the ESPN3 broadcast. A multitude of outlets exist to interact with CAA Football. Follow us on Twitter and send us an @reply, like us on Facebook and write on our wall, send us an email at [email protected] or go to CAAFootballblog.com and comment on one of our posts.

NHwildEcat
July 19th, 2011, 07:10 PM
That is how we roll in the CAA xpeacex

Maybe next year ESPN will wise up and we will have a nice ESPN package...screw the ACC.

BlueHenSinfonian
July 19th, 2011, 07:41 PM
That is how we roll in the CAA xpeacex

Maybe next year ESPN will wise up and we will have a nice ESPN package...screw the ACC.

UD just announced that six of the games will be televised for the coming season. Most of it is just Comcast Sports Network, but still, better than nothing.

NHwildEcat
July 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM
UD just announced that six of the games will be televised for the coming season. Most of it is just Comcast Sports Network, but still, better than nothing.

I saw on the UNH page that we have 4 televised games...I always want more. And so far our opener on Sept. 1 @ Toledo is not on ESPN3 which I was really hoping for...

NHwildEcat
July 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM

I just went on the UD site and I just have to ask if they always display the playoff schedule? I had a little chuckle in the perceived (and deserved) confidence!

VBR_Productions
July 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I just went on the UD site and I just have to ask if they always display the playoff schedule? I had a little chuckle in the perceived (and deserved) confidence!

Towson has the same thing on their schedule. I noticed it while determining whether I can make any games up in Baltimore this season. http://www.towsontigers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21300&SPID=12497&SPSID=101457

Now that Delaware has announced its schedule with start times and TV dates, can we expect the CAA to come out with the complete TV schedule or will we have to wait until the day before/of Media Day?

jmufan999
July 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Just like with the Phil Steele mag, I'm sure ESPN3 can track how many people are watching online.

This also goes for fans of other conferences. If they see there is interest in the CAA, they'll likely try this with other conferences.

If you're around, tune in that date and let's see if we can get more FCS coverage.

wmmii
July 19th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Looks like many announced the times today.

W&M Tribe schedule link:

http://www.tribeathletics.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=25100&SPID=80810&SPSID=606210

The Tribe has 5 TV games..here you go

Sat, Sep 03 Virginia at Charlottesville, Va. 6 p.m. ESPN3.com
Sat, Sep 10 VMI at Lexington, Va. 1:30 p.m.
Sat, Sep 17 New Haven Williamsburg, Va. 7 p.m.
Sat, Sep 24 James Madison (Family Weekend) * Williamsburg, Va. 7 p.m. CSN-MA, CSN-NE
Sat, Oct 01 Villanova * at Villanova, Pa. 12 p.m. TCN, CSN-NE
Sat, Oct 08 Delaware * at Newark, Del. 6 p.m.
Sat, Oct 15 New Hampshire * Williamsburg, Va. 12 p.m. TCN
Sat, Oct 22 Towson (Homecoming) * Williamsburg, Va. 3:30 p.m.
Sat, Nov 05 Rhode Island * at Kingston, R.I. 1 p.m.
Sat, Nov 12 Old Dominion * Williamsburg, Va. TBA
Sat, Nov 19 Richmond * at Richmond, Va. 12 p.m. CSN-MA

* Conference Games

State Line Liquors
July 19th, 2011, 08:51 PM

UD has had that as long as I can remember. It's actually kinda helpful. Reminds fans to keep those weekends open...just in case. xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
July 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Congrats to the CAA. Y'all are truly the class of FCS...

Wonder what PBS is cookin' up for the SoCon.. xshakefistx

Unfortunately the SoCon decided to cancel the 2009 media days to save money... and I don't think they've had one since.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/feb/14/socon_starts_cutting_costs71756/

xsmhx

Mountaineer
July 19th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Unfortunately the SoCon decided to cancel the 2009 media days to save money... and I don't think they've had one since.

Yup, you're right. I remember now. Is the SoCon still holding a fan day? I believe the first one was at Samford when they joined. Geez. xlolx

No doubt when you see the CAA's twitter feed, football blog, YouTube channel, media day coverage, etc. it's hard not to be jealous. Definitely head and shoulders above whatever the hell is going on in our conference. :(

appfan2008
July 20th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Congrats to the caa... i hope the socon steps up and does what is right and brings our media day back...

GannonFan
July 20th, 2011, 07:48 AM
UD has had that as long as I can remember. It's actually kinda helpful. Reminds fans to keep those weekends open...just in case. xthumbsupx

Yup, it's always been done that way, at least as long as they've had internet postings of the schedule. I agree, good to keep people reminded of dates in December that could be occupied.