PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Rolls Out the Pads

TexasTerror
March 17th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Everyone thinks McNeese is going to compete for sure this year in the SLC. The question is, how will they be following a tough out of conference slate? Spring has sprung in Lake Charles. Time to see what the Pokes are made of...

------
McNeese goes out in full pads on Friday for the first time and holds short scrimmage session at end of workout

Play of tailbacks is a highlight of the session

March 17, 2006

The tailbacks made an impressive showing during a short scrimmage Friday as McNeese State completed the fourth day of spring football training.

Jamie Leonard got off a 75 yard td run , Chris Thomas caught a pass down the sideline for a td and Kris Bush, Elrick Jones and Neely Hubbard made good runs from the postion.

Also scoring tds during the workout in Cowboy Stadium were wide receiver Steven Whitehead and fullback Jordy Johnson for the offense and Lawrence Darby for the defense.

McNeese head coach Tommy Tate said that he thought that there were good efforts shown in all areas.

Freshman redshirt Derrick Fourroux connected with Thomas on his td while sophomore letterman Beau Lasseigne hit Whitehead for his score and freshman redshirt Steven Mistretta teamed up with Johnson on his touchdown.

Darby intercepted a pass and ran it back into the end zone for a defensive score.

Friday was the first day in full pads for the Cowboys who will be back on the practice field on Tuesday and will hold a scrimmage in Cowboy Stadium next Friday (March 24).

http://mcneesesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031706aaa.html

blackfordpu
March 17th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Wow, and we have yet to start practice.

Freightliner
March 17th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Wow, and we have yet to start practice.

Any idea when the Kats are starting? Been kinda quiet from the TW camp these days:confused:

McNeese75
March 18th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Everyone thinks McNeese is going to compete for sure this year in the SLC. The question is, how will they be following a tough out of conference slate? Spring has sprung in Lake Charles. Time to see what the Pokes are made of...

------
McNeese goes out in full pads on Friday for the first time and holds short scrimmage session at end of workout

Play of tailbacks is a highlight of the session

March 17, 2006

The tailbacks made an impressive showing during a short scrimmage Friday as McNeese State completed the fourth day of spring football training.

Jamie Leonard got off a 75 yard td run , Chris Thomas caught a pass down the sideline for a td and Kris Bush, Elrick Jones and Neely Hubbard made good runs from the postion.

Also scoring tds during the workout in Cowboy Stadium were wide receiver Steven Whitehead and fullback Jordy Johnson for the offense and Lawrence Darby for the defense.

McNeese head coach Tommy Tate said that he thought that there were good efforts shown in all areas.

Freshman redshirt Derrick Fourroux connected with Thomas on his td while sophomore letterman Beau Lasseigne hit Whitehead for his score and freshman redshirt Steven Mistretta teamed up with Johnson on his touchdown.

Darby intercepted a pass and ran it back into the end zone for a defensive score.

Friday was the first day in full pads for the Cowboys who will be back on the practice field on Tuesday and will hold a scrimmage in Cowboy Stadium next Friday (March 24).

http://mcneesesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031706aaa.html

Tough OOC schedules are nothing new in this part of the country. We will be just fine :nod:

March 18th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Tough OOC schedules are nothing new in this part of the country. We will be just fine :nod:WHAT!!!!????

Where's that famous Cowboy sandbagging? :)

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Any idea when the Kats are starting? Been kinda quiet from the TW camp these days:confused:

Start when they get back from spring break and run through Apr 23rd (spring game)...

McNeese75
March 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM
WHAT!!!!????

Where's that famous Cowboy sandbagging? :)

That would be McNeese72's Job :D

blackfordpu
March 18th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Start when they get back from spring break and run through Apr 23rd (spring game)...

Any reason why we are starting so late?

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Any reason why we are starting so late?

Probably didn't want spring break nor mid-terms to interfer...sounds smart to me. Sam typically starts a bit late as the auction/spring game always seem to be the before last week of April...

mikebigg
March 19th, 2006, 09:42 AM
I seem to recall somewhere that Coach Tate shook up his coaching staff. Which side of the ball did most of the changes occur? It's almost embarassing to say that I've never seen McNeese play in person. In fact, the only in-state schools(outside of GSU & SU) I've EVER seen in person is LSU, Tulane, ULM, and Northwestern. That's really pathetic, I know.

Now that my 2 year old grandson can "road trip" with me, I plan on catching Southeastern, McNeese, and Nichols this year.

March 19th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I seem to recall somewhere that Coach Tate shook up his coaching staff. Which side of the ball did most of the changes occur?...Not really shook up but shifted around. Here's the article:
http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=76228

Gary Laney of American Press gave a good explanation here (I-AA WAVES audio stream):
http://media.libsyn.com/media/iaawaves/20060314show.mp3

griz&beer
March 19th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I was in Lake Charles this weekend and i watched the Cowboys practice. It was nice to see some football. Even if it was the 2nd best Program in 1-AA.

McNeese75
March 19th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I was in Lake Charles this weekend and i watched the Cowboys practice. It was nice to see some football. Even if it was the 2nd best Program in 1-AA.

Damn, spies, spies everywhere :D

Did you let anyone know you were here? There is beer to be drunk and crawfish to be eaten :hurray:

mikebigg
March 19th, 2006, 11:02 PM

Don't know if they are the 2nd best, but McNeese does have a very good football program. It will be tough over there in the Southland...there appears to be a lot of parity in the league. Just here in Louisiana alone, you have McNeese, Northwestern, Southeastern, and Nicholls (defending champs) anticipating a say in who wins the crown. Good luck to each of them...represent Louisiana well. Show them how well we play football down here in "Da Boot"!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

griz&beer
March 20th, 2006, 05:56 PM
I like their fans. Cowboy fans are some of the greatest. They are even better the some Griz fans... ( There are some who Boo there own team). Good luck MSU, and I hope your boys stay healthy.