PDA

View Full Version : Ranking SOCON stadiums

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 07:03 PM
1.http://www.utc.edu/Administration/Alumni/images/finley.jpg

The Mecca of FCS football. The stadium by which all new stadiums are measured. A world class stadium by any measurement. The home of the Chattanooga Mocs.

2. http://news.georgiasouthern.edu/VisualResources/Buildings/images/PaulsonStadium1_jpg.jpg

Georgia Southern

3. http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics21/800/RH/RHPDYAHLOHAHIGG.20100203183022.jpg

App State

4.http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/the-citadel-bulldogs-johnson-hatgood-stadium/citadel-1.jpg

Citadel

5.http://www.sportsnc.com/img/_home/_gallery/alamance_elon_university_football_stadium.jpg

Elon

6. http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/wofford-terriers-gibbs-stadium/Gibbs-Stadium-4.jpg

Wofford

7. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Samford_University_Seibert_Stadium.jpg

Samford

8.http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEJy9vgOGuDYO71BmV5ZFfLHyqBnbnd LAturkpmQhLHKoUKvhw&t=1

Western Carolina

9. http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/furm/graphics/PaladinStadium-07.jpg

Furman

All decent Stadiums

chattanoogamocs
July 14th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I would rank the top 4 as...

1. ASU (last 5 years have lept them to the top, one of the finest FCS facilities in the country)
2. Chattanooga (except for the old power building next door, not much more you could ask for...especially now that they have a winning football team)
3. GSU (even many of their fans would agree it needs to be updated with newer amenities, but tradition alone will always keep it near the top)
4. The Citadel (went from an old rust bucket to very nice stadium)

Tuscon
July 14th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I'm looking forward to traveling to Chatty next season. Should be a blast!

seantaylor
July 14th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Right now:

1. Appy
2. GSU
3. El Chit
4. Chatty

In 2013

1. GSU
2. Appy

apaladin
July 14th, 2011, 09:35 PM
NO WAY Paladin Stadium ranks ninth and certainly not behind Wofford, Elon, Samford, and WCU. I agree ASU, UTC, Citadel, and GSU are better.
It really would be hard to find a better place to watch a game than Paladin Stadium in fact, not to mention the beautiful surroundings.

CropDuster
July 14th, 2011, 10:57 PM
NO WAY Paladin Stadium ranks ninth and certainly not behind Wofford, Elon, Samford, and WCU. I agree ASU, UTC, Citadel, and GSU are better.
It really would be hard to find a better place to watch a game than Paladin Stadium in fact, not to mention the beautiful surroundings.

No offense but y'alls visitor side is a dump. I haven't been to Elon or KBS since it was redone, but I'd say the rest are above Paladin Stadium.

Sader87
July 14th, 2011, 11:36 PM
The bottom half of the SoCon stadia look very Division 2ish.....

apaladin
July 15th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Don't think many D-II programs have 16,000 seat stadiums.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 06:30 AM
http://www.stadiumsusa.com/images/thumbs/411d94cedf43beedf767ba7ed94609d133c0991f.jpg-590x1000.png

http://www.stadiumsusa.com/images/thumbs/8796e6028dc8b6ded89224cdda6c6f2c2b15e709.jpg-590x1000.png

AppStsGr8
July 15th, 2011, 06:37 AM
The picture you use of App's stadium only shows the east side. The west side ... would typically be called the "home" side at other stadiums ... is even more impressive and is home to some of the finest athletic facilities I've ever seen. I also like that App's stadium is truly on campus and, therefore, more an integral part of the university facilities.

Elon's stadium is nice for its size. Chattanooga's stadium is nice as well though the view of the abandoned buildings surrounding the stadium detracts from the overall experience.

OL FU
July 15th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I think Chattanooga's stadium is the best, but one question, Is it the university's stadium or is is Chattanooga's stadium? Serious question at some level it probably doesn't matter and at some level it does. But more than anything just curious.

I haven't seen all the stadium's so I am not going to argue with FU's placement anywhere, but it does show in a lot of ways that football has not been a priority at the alma mater. When we built the stadium 30 years ago it was probably the best in the conference with the exception of Marshall (maybe). Pretty much let it sit there since then.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I think Chattanooga's stadium is the best, but one question, Is it the university's stadium or is is Chattanooga's stadium? Serious question at some level it probably doesn't matter and at some level it does. But more than anything just curious.

I haven't seen all the stadium's so I am not going to argue with FU's placement anywhere, but it does show in a lot of ways that football has not been a priority at the alma mater. When we built the stadium 30 years ago it was probably the best in the conference with the exception of Marshall (maybe). Pretty much let it sit there since then.

I believe the city has control of the stadium. UTC did pay for a sizeable portion of it though.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Appalachian State has a great setting and atmosphere. When it comes to atmosphere chattanooga isn't near the top. But just purely on the actual stadium itself, I don't think anyone is really close.

The Eagle's Cliff
July 15th, 2011, 07:30 AM

It matters to me when offering a "fair" comparison. Finley is a great facility, but UT-C only funded about 10% of the $28 million to build it with local and state government kicking in more than half. Will Ga State have the best facility in the CAA because they rent the Ga Dome?

Chattanooga would be first if Finley was their stadium.
1 App St.
2 GSU
3 Citadel
4 Furman
5 Wofford
6 Western Carolina
7 Elon
8 Samford

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 07:36 AM
It matters to me when offering a "fair" comparison. Finley is a great facility, but UT-C only funded about 10% of the $28 million to build it with local and state government kicking in more than half. Will Ga State have the best facility in the CAA because they rent the Ga Dome?

1 App St.
2 GSU
3 Citadel
4 Furman
5 Wofford
6 Western Carolina
7 Elon
8 Samford

While UTC did not pay for much of the stadium, it was built mainly for UTC football. Nearly a decade and a half later, FCS football is still the only event that could be considered "big" that has been held their.

PaladinFan
July 15th, 2011, 07:39 AM

There have been rumors of some facilities upgrades coming, which are much needed. Paladin Stadium has the potential to be one of the prettiest parks in the country, but you're right, no money has been put into it in years.

The visitor side certainly needs some work. I'd like to see us demolish that side and build some smaller stands. I've seen a visiting contingent fill up that side of the stadium once, and some of that was Furman fans (GSU in 2004).

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 07:47 AM
There have been rumors of some facilities upgrades coming, which are much needed. Paladin Stadium has the potential to be one of the prettiest parks in the country, but you're right, no money has been put into it in years.

The visitor side certainly needs some work. I'd like to see us demolish that side and build some smaller stands. I've seen a visiting contingent fill up that side of the stadium once, and some of that was Furman fans (GSU in 2004).

I think yall should get rid of the whole "home, visitor" side way of thinking. It is kind of high schoolish. Plus it makes you look bad when the tv cameras see an empty visitor side and dont pick up the packed home side.

Eagle16
July 15th, 2011, 07:50 AM
The original post is fairly accurate in terms of attendance.

OL FU
July 15th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I think yall should get rid of the whole "home, visitor" side way of thinking. It is kind of high schoolish. Plus it makes you look bad when the tv cameras see an empty visitor side and dont pick up the packed home side.

thanks for the info on the stadium. Not sure what the terminology is but it won't be an enclosed oval shape. 16K is a pretty big stadium for a school of 2600 students Look at comparable FCS schools. (not counting Wake). Hell we have a hard time filling it up as it is.

GSUhooligan
July 15th, 2011, 09:15 AM
It depends on what impresses you more, capacity, aesthetics, facilities, atmosphere or the entire package.

1. App- The whole package
2. GSU- whole package, but needs more to catch App.
3. UT-C- Lacks atmosphere
4. Citadel- The pee wall knocks them down big time, also, why have a cannon if you don't use it?
5. Western- The scenery bumps them up big time.
6. Elon- Great aesthetics and facilities, but atmosphere and capacity are lacking. Also, why have a cannon, period?
7. Furman- The opposite of Elon
8. Wofford- See elon, only worse
9. Samford- See Wofford only much worse.

Apphole
July 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I've always said that pictures do not do KBS justice. I'd assume that goes for all stadiums. I've only seen games at App, WCU, Elon and UTC (though I plan to be at every home and away game this year) Also, If we're talking about empty stadiums, Nooga is in the top 2-3. If it's game day, their not. When I went last year, I was impressed by the facility, but equally unimpressed by the atmosphere. They were beating is bad for a while and that stadium was a flaccid wiener. Atmosphere is more important to me than just a nice facility, though I still feel like anyone who's been to an empty or full KBS in the last few years would agree we should be number 1, especially of you got to see the inside of the facility. I have many times and I swear to you it's the most extravagant thing I've ever seen.

Empty stadium:
1. ASU
2. UTC
3. GSU
4. Citadel
5. Elon
6. WCU
7. Wofford
8. Furman
9. Lil Sammy

On game day
1. ASU
2. GSU
(Large gap)
3. UTC
The order of the rest is irrelevant

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
No matter how much lipstick App State puts on that pig, it will never match Max Finley stadium. It is just an inferior piece of architecture.

SideLine Shooter
July 15th, 2011, 10:04 AM
No matter how much lipstick App State puts on that pig, it will never match Max Finley stadium. It is just an inferior piece of architecture.

Well, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

One important piece of information is that App State OWNS there stadium and utc RENTS theirs.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/FinleyStadium.jpg

http://www.tencate.com/TenCate/Corporate/images/txtures/3%20grass%20ervaringen%20Finley%20Stadium%20001.jp g?hid=img%3Bw=

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/300/CE/CEWWNIYTDUPQPBA.20100819154926.jpg

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/300/ZA/ZAYOTTYZNHFAUUB.20100819151931.jpg

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Well, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

One important piece of information is that App State OWNS there stadium and utc RENTS theirs.

The stadiums are what they are regardless of who owns them. It doesnt matter if they only play little league football there, it is still a better stadium.

StorminASU
July 15th, 2011, 10:27 AM
The stadiums are what they are regardless of who owns them. It doesnt matter if they only play little league football there, it is still a better stadium.

http://files.sharenator.com/Cool_Dog_Hey_Cool_story_bro41_oh_crap_moments-s400x400-96811-535.jpg

Apphole
July 15th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Honestly, have you ever been to the Rock? Yeah we have a track and the field house looks like doo doo, but the athletics complex is the most over-the-top, FBS caliber facility in the FCS bar none. And the fact that we broke your attendance record playing Deleware says alot about your program/atmosphere.

The Eagle's Cliff
July 15th, 2011, 10:51 AM

That seals it then. End of discussion. Best FCS Stadium is the Georgia Dome:

For only $25,000, anyone can play there.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnhLmpYgtqJO-QKMv1ymH28c_QhBckw2rg6MQQVaf6y3CeX1EZBA

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-ygEN8hhiTqyIZxRa5vqrmOlSC8F5jDGPICuuzy7CzRddLpL0KA

I-16Bandit
July 15th, 2011, 11:08 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

Glad somebody brought that up.

dgtw
July 15th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Only until Texas-Arlington revives their program and plays at the Jerry Bowl.

smallcollegefbfan
July 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Appalachian State has a great setting and atmosphere. When it comes to atmosphere chattanooga isn't near the top. But just purely on the actual stadium itself, I don't think anyone is really close.

You haven't toured ASU have you? ASU is better than UTC and it isn't even close. A Cowboys scout told Jerry Moore that ASU has better facitilies than most FBS schools. If you include the size, quality, etc. of everything from seats, lockers, press box, etc. ASU is the best in the SoCon by far right now. UTC is up there in the top 3 though. Haven't heard anyone who went to UTC blown away like folks from the NFL I have talked to who went through ASU.

Erks Eagles
July 15th, 2011, 12:31 PM
The atmosphere at ASU is impressive. The only problem I have with the gameday atmosphere however is the track. It just takes away SO much from what could be.

The stadium at GSU is going to be upgraded very soon and along with the new 50,000 sq. foot field house, it will put Paulson Stadium at the top of the SoCon facilities race. Until then, ASU holds that spot.

One stadium that doesn't get much mention is Gibbs Stadium at Wofford. Very nice facility, but the Wofford fan atmosphere is dreadful.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Honestly, have you ever been to the Rock? Yeah we have a track and the field house looks like doo doo, but the athletics complex is the most over-the-top, FBS caliber facility in the FCS bar none. And the fact that we broke your attendance record playing Deleware says alot about your program/atmosphere.

Athletics complex? We are talking football stadiums. I suppose that high school basketball arena yall play in is better than the Roundhouse too right? Get otu of here. I would hope that the fact that the national championship game broka an attendance record was because it was THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM
You haven't toured ASU have you? ASU is better than UTC and it isn't even close. A Cowboys scout told Jerry Moore that ASU has better facitilies than most FBS schools. If you include the size, quality, etc. of everything from seats, lockers, press box, etc. ASU is the best in the SoCon by far right now. UTC is up there in the top 3 though. Haven't heard anyone who went to UTC blown away like folks from the NFL I have talked to who went through ASU.

We arent talking about all the facilities. We are talking about the football stadium only. Chattanooga's seating is better, the pressbox at chattanooga actually fits the stadium. Unlike that big ugly eyesore at Kidd Brewer.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 12:48 PM
That seals it then. End of discussion. Best FCS Stadium is the Georgia Dome:

For only $25,000, anyone can play there.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnhLmpYgtqJO-QKMv1ymH28c_QhBckw2rg6MQQVaf6y3CeX1EZBA

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-ygEN8hhiTqyIZxRa5vqrmOlSC8F5jDGPICuuzy7CzRddLpL0KA

If the city of Atlanta built the stadium with help from Georgia State, and georgia State has been playing their since it opened, and Georgia State is the main team that plays in the stadium and always has been. I guess you would have a point.

Gringer1
July 15th, 2011, 12:59 PM
We arent talking about all the facilities. We are talking about the football stadium only. Chattanooga's seating is better, the pressbox at chattanooga actually fits the stadium. Unlike that big ugly eyesore at Kidd Brewer.

Are you serious? The pressbox at ASU is top notch. If you want to be a professional troll, you need to post things that make sense.

AppAlum2003
July 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Athletics complex? We are talking football stadiums. I suppose that high school basketball arena yall play in is better than the Roundhouse too right? Get otu of here. I would hope that the fact that the national championship game broka an attendance record was because it was THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Wow... high school basketball arena? You must be near some pretty nice high schools...

StorminASU
July 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM

If your facilities are so nice, they why did the NCAA keep threatening to move the National Championship game unless they were improved?

SpeedkingATL
July 15th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Rating for gameday experience:

App and GaSo-Total package of stadium, tailgating, and game day experience put them at the top. All those NC flags are pretty impressive too.

Citdog-Nice stadium, good tailgating and strong cadet and local support. If they ever field good teams again the experience would be rated higher.

UTC-Great facility but surrounding area is frightening. Up until last year the game day experience was terrible. #4 with a bullet.

Elon-Nice smaller facility, great campus and good tailgate and gameday.

Wofford, Furman and Sammy-Nice facilities on very attractive campuses. Sammy and Wofford just too small and Furman fans just too reserved on gameday.

WCU-Good stadium in great setting with okay tailgating. Horrible teams in recent years have detracted from the experience. With a decent team they would rank much, much higher. Gameday experience is okay until after the bands halftime show when 80% of the fans leave.

ElonPride
July 15th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Biggest homer thread ever. Aside from the track around the field of KBS, it's probably overall the best. Best atmosphere, packed house, awesome band & good facilities.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Are you serious? The pressbox at ASU is top notch. If you want to be a professional troll, you need to post things that make sense.

What does not make sense is that the press and luxury boxes are almost as tall as the stands that they sit on.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 01:57 PM
If your facilities are so nice, they why did the NCAA keep threatening to move the National Championship game unless they were improved?

They didnt, you just making up stuff now?

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Biggest homer thread ever. Aside from the track around the field of KBS, it's probably overall the best. Best atmosphere, packed house, awesome band & good facilities.

So basically 3 things that dont have to do with the actual stadium. Cool story.

Waco Kid
July 15th, 2011, 02:05 PM
What’s striking to me is the difference in the top 4 stadiums and the rest of the league.

1) ASU- Big, loud, new additions all around (would be best in FCS without the track)
2) GSU- Not the most amenities but Paulson has the "it" factor on game day
3) UTC- Lack of atmosphere puts it behind GSU
4) El Cid- If they replace the other side this might be the best in the SoCon

5) WCU- Needs a little work on one side and a lot of W's but has a good setting
6) Elon- One nice side and it is the newest but way too small
7) FU- Decent size, setting, can have atmosphere but needs major updating
8) WoCo- Nothing special about the place, and 0 atmosphere... not a dump though

9) Samford- Tiny, no atmosphere- long drive for everyone to go take a nap

chattanoogamocs
July 15th, 2011, 02:05 PM

1 App St.
2 GSU
3 Citadel
4 Furman
5 Wofford
6 Western Carolina
7 Elon
8 Samford

I get what you are saying, but there is a significant difference...GA Dome's primary tenant isn't GA State....Finley Stadium's primary tenant is UTC (football and soccer). Except for a couple of high school football games and Chattanooga FC Soccer team, UTC is it (that's why the stadium is Blue and Gold)

UTC has the option for full ownership at this point, but instead (wisely), a non-profit group was set up called Friends of Finley (comprised mainly of UTC supporters like Bryan Patten, etc) who are now in charge of the stadium. It is definitely not a city facility...the city has done all they can to remove themselves from paying for any of it (matter of fact, this years city budget currently has zero funds for Finley).

I find it interesting how a number of people around the conference seem to be maybe just a tiny bit jealous of the fact that Chattanooga is lucky enough (or smart enough) to get support from out city and county on a number of facilities. There might be a lot of UTK fans here, but when it comes down to it, the city cares about good ole U of C. The Mocs are very lucky to have that support.

Apphole
July 15th, 2011, 02:10 PM
So basically 3 things that dont have to do with the actual stadium. Cool story.

So the stadium officially stops at the top of the highest stands?... riiiight. You sure are objective. If UTC had a half way decent atmosphere I'm sure it would be in your list of important stadium features. I've deducted that what ever UTC has is what is good about a stadium. If history was different and UTC had a smaller, lesser stadium and actually did have a good atmosphere, chattown would hail those qualities as the most important. You sir, are a homer. Your credibility went past 0 and into the negative months ago.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 02:12 PM
The word stadium does not include the people in it. Atmosphere has nothing to do with it.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 02:13 PM
So the stadium officially stops at the top of the highest stands?... riiiight. You sure are objective. If UTC had a half way decent atmosphere I'm sure it would be in your list of important stadium features. I've deducted that what ever UTC has is what is good about a stadium. If history was different and UTC had a smaller, lesser stadium and actually did have a good atmosphere, chattown would hail those qualities as the most important. You sir, are a homer. Your credibility went past 0 and into the negative months ago.

Do you need me to look up the word stadium for you?

Stadium-1. A sports arena with tiers of seats for spectators

The people inside of it are not part of it.

Apphole
July 15th, 2011, 02:15 PM
The word stadium does not include the people in it. Atmosphere has nothing to do with it.

Now tell me how the word stadium doesn't include press boxes. This should be good....

gophoenix
July 15th, 2011, 02:15 PM

I doubt this.

Most FBS? To be better than most FBS schools you have to be in the top, what, 66? App's facility is nice, but nowhere close or as nice as "most" FBS facilities. And facility has little to do with it. This is a stadium thread. Not about the behind the scenes crap that 99% of fans don't see.

AppAlum2003
July 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I mean, I get what chattownmocs is trying to say, he just suffers from an inability to communicate well.

I love KBS. It's huge, intimidating, loud/cold and a great place to watch a football game. But it's way off balance. The field house/press box, although very nice looking, dwarfs everything else in the stadium, including the west side bleachers. Will it look better after some seating expansion? Probably. Was it a mistake to make it so large? No, but only if expansion is down the line.

Solution: Tear down Owens Field House and link the west and east stands together somehow. It doesn't have to be a ring of seats or a massive building - maybe something like Finley: a bridge/walkway with some concessions and/or vendors.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Now tell me how the word stadium doesn't include press boxes. This should be good....

It does, and yours look hideous, they are quite nice on their own, but once you add them to your stadium it brings the stadium down, not up.

TheRevSFA
July 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Okay..so you wouldn't include the atmosphere and crowd noise as part of being the best stadium. A stadium that's meant built to amplify the crowd's noise should have that count..

Or even better..what if a school built a huge stadium and then becomes a failure and it sits empty..does that make it a top notch facility even if a library is louder?

Which stadium has the better seating and better sight lines? That should count as well.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I mean, I get what chattownmocs is trying to say, he just suffers from an inability to communicate well.

I love KBS. It's huge, intimidating, loud/cold and a great place to watch a football game. But it's way off balance. The field house/press box, although very nice looking, dwarfs everything else in the stadium, including the west side bleachers. Will it look better after some seating expansion? Probably. Was it a mistake to make it so large? No, but only if expansion is down the line.

Solution: Tear down Owens Field House and link the west and east stands together somehow. It doesn't have to be a ring of seats or a massive building - maybe something like Finley: a bridge/walkway with some concessions and/or vendors.

Thank you. That is part of what seperates finley that I havent been able to show here. That beautiful brick in the endzone

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Okay..so you wouldn't include the atmosphere and crowd noise as part of being the best stadium. A stadium that's meant built to amplify the crowd's noise should have that count..

Or even better..what if a school built a huge stadium and then becomes a failure and it sits empty..does that make it a top notch facility even if a library is louder?

Which stadium has the better seating and better sight lines? That should count as well.

Finley, to answer your questions.

biggie
July 15th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Still insane to say the press box/luxury boxes/etc at App don't look good. Yes, it is bigger on one side, a lot of good stadiums are that way. WFU is consider a good stadium and is very similar.

So let me get this straight, pretend Moc's fan starts thread to just argue with rest of SoCon fans, GP jumps in against App cause that's what he does, no matter who it is as long as there is a side against App. Pretty standard.

elon77
July 15th, 2011, 02:34 PM
xchinscratchx
Rating for gameday experience:

App and GaSo-Total package of stadium, tailgating, and game day experience put them at the top. All those NC flags are pretty impressive too.

Citdog-Nice stadium, good tailgating and strong cadet and local support. If they ever field good teams again the experience would be rated higher.

UTC-Great facility but surrounding area is frightening. Up until last year the game day experience was terrible. #4 with a bullet.

Elon-Nice smaller facility, great campus and good tailgate and gameday.

Wofford, Furman and Sammy-Nice facilities on very attractive campuses. Sammy and Wofford just too small and Furman fans just too reserved on gameday.

WCU-Good stadium in great setting with okay tailgating. Horrible teams in recent years have detracted from the experience. With a decent team they would rank much, much higher. Gameday experience is okay until after the bands halftime show when 80% of the fans leave.
The good tailgate for ASU fans at Elon is about to change. They are getting ready to build student housing in the field ASU usually tailgates in. I hope they have a new plan for the folks from Boone.

whoanellie
July 15th, 2011, 04:11 PM
All I know is Elon is undefeated vs UTC in Chatanooga. As for Stadiums and ranking them it's
too subjective for most posters to objectively rank anything in this forum. All school's are Adding new facilities like Fieldhouses
and for those State supported schools spending their Obama Cash on new Field Turf. (Thank God & a Greyhound: No SoCon
School colorized their field by going Blue, Purple or some type of Gold). I'm partial to Elon's real grass. none better!
The SoCon with varied venues has an excellent GameDay experience. Ranking the bands? it's all WCU. all the way.
Capacity? Bottom line who's filling up their place? and what about percentage or ratio of seats to school enrollment?
New vs renovation? There is not dog on any of these school's facilities. Elon had to take a steep learning curve but seems to have
created a program on par with our SoCon Brethren.

SpiritCymbal
July 15th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Facility wise:

1. Appalachian St.
2. Chattanooga
3. Georgia Southern
4. Western Carolina
5. Elon
6. Furman
7. Wofford
8. Citadel (are the visitor's side still rotted out wooden benches? If not, then move Citadel to #4 and everyone else down one spot)
9. Samford

Game Day Experience:
T1. Appalachian State
T1. Georgia Southern
3. Citadel
4. Furman
5. Chattanooga
6. Wofford
7. Western Carolina
8. Elon
9. Samford

AppMan
July 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
1.http://www.utc.edu/Administration/Alumni/images/finley.jpg

The Mecca of FCS football. The stadium by which all new stadiums are measured. A world class stadium by any measurement. The home of the Chattanooga Mocs.

Findley is a very nice facility, but it certainly isn't the "Mecca of FCS football". Besides, I'll take an unbalanced, track infested, packed with wild and crazy fans Kidd Brewer anyday over a pretty, sparcely occupied Findley.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Findley is a very nice facility, but it certainly isn't the "Mecca of FCS football". Besides, I'll take an unbalanced, track infested, packed with wild and crazy fans Kidd Brewer anyday over a pretty, sparcely occupied Findley.

Kid brewer? That sounds illegal.

HighCountry
July 15th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Do you really want to know what goes on up in them thar hills?

The Eagle's Cliff
July 15th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I get what you are saying, but there is a significant difference...GA Dome's primary tenant isn't GA State....Finley Stadium's primary tenant is UTC (football and soccer). Except for a couple of high school football games and Chattanooga FC Soccer team, UTC is it (that's why the stadium is Blue and Gold)

UTC has the option for full ownership at this point, but instead (wisely), a non-profit group was set up called Friends of Finley (comprised mainly of UTC supporters like Bryan Patten, etc) who are now in charge of the stadium. It is definitely not a city facility...the city has done all they can to remove themselves from paying for any of it (matter of fact, this years city budget currently has zero funds for Finley).

I find it interesting how a number of people around the conference seem to be maybe just a tiny bit jealous of the fact that Chattanooga is lucky enough (or smart enough) to get support from out city and county on a number of facilities. There might be a lot of UTK fans here, but when it comes down to it, the city cares about good ole U of C. The Mocs are very lucky to have that support.

I'm glad to see the increase in attendance and gameday atmosphere at Finley and I'm a fan of Coach Huesman and what he's trying to do with the program. The Mocs are indeed lucky to have the support they're receiving. My only problem with the OP is his apparent insistence that Chatty be granted Top Tier status based on consecutive 6-5 seasons and a nice stadium built by the City 14 years ago which has fellow conference members Georgia Southern and App's names prominently displayed where it counts.

I give Chatty the credit it deserves for striving to be better, but they "ain't made it yet".

HighCountry
July 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM
2011 Kidd Brewer seating chart. Note the new band/student section in the endzone.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6382/hchrmxicfxhfvxw20110711.jpg (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/hchrmxicfxhfvxw20110711.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

JRCA
July 16th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Well, after reading this mess of a thread, I thought I'd put my two cents in about my schools stadium and all. I love Elon's stadium, yeah, small compared to some of the others. But, Rhodes does seat about twice the numbers of spectators as the student population (5,600 students), so that is in line with some of the bigger schools seating, give or take. I guess you have to really give it to The Citadel ( I did say THE Citadel as not to offend & out of respect) and Wofford considering how small of a student body those schools have. Elon's stadium is a really beautiful facility which also includes a new field house and some stadium renovations after just ten seasons.

Now, let us talk about game day experiences. Elon has a way to go in this department, and we are making progress, a little too slow for this old Fighting Christian, but progress none the less. Here, in my opinion is our problem: To a Southerner in the fall it is: God, Family and Football; on Saturday, not always in that order. When I was at Elon and we played at the old Burlington Memorial Stadium that place would get to rocking, of course in Coach Jerry Tolley's day there was reason to rock. Our student body was made up of Carolina and Virginia students for the most part and we grew up in the Southern Football Culture. Elon's student body these days is made up of lots and lots of kids from the northeastern US. No offense to anyone, but I don't think the passion in that area of the country is as strong at all for our beloved sport. So, We Elon folks have a lot of football education ahead of us. Let's be honest, we have made progress and of course, winning will help create the atmosphere that we all desire. I don't mind students coming to the game in ties and sundresses, we did that in my day, but you can get off your rump and cheer like a loon, win or not! Plus the chicks are pretty hot in those dresses.

My point is, the student body does matter. We Alumni can't do it all. I have faith Elon will continue to build and build. We do have a very dedicated group of students that cheer and work for school spirit stuff, we just need more. So, to those kids, keep up the good work! As a point of reference, you will never see the University of Virgina be as rabid supporters of their team as Virginia Tech fans are. Not that there aren't rabid UVA'ers just as there are rabid ELON'ers, but it is a harder task because of the school's demographics.

I'll only get to two Elon games this year due to my work schedule. I'll see Elon vs. Concord (why schedule a D-II team is beyond me, it serves no purpose at all except to hurt playoff possibilities). I'll also see the Elon vs ASU game, in what I hope is the shocker of the season! Bring on the tailgating and the season.

Long Live Elon

1980 &1981 NAIA Football National Champions

Umpire
July 17th, 2011, 03:52 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/20/128716943354316356.jpg

If you'd like to continue the discussion about whatever your mind can come up against other SoCon members, go to the appropriate thread.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?86908-SoCon-Smack-Thread-of-Doom

If you want to discussion stadiums and/or what constitutes a stadium, please continue.

SoCon48
July 17th, 2011, 01:59 PM
2011 Kidd Brewer seating chart. Note the new band/student section in the endzone.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6382/hchrmxicfxhfvxw20110711.jpg (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/hchrmxicfxhfvxw20110711.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
It looked far better with the black end zones.

appfan2008
July 18th, 2011, 10:14 AM
no stadium in FCS compares to KBS... (IMHO)

Eaglesrus
July 18th, 2011, 10:21 AM
.........I'll only get to two Elon games this year due to my work schedule. I'll see Elon vs. Concord (why schedule a D-II team is beyond me, it serves no purpose at all except to hurt playoff possibilities). I'll also see the Elon vs ASU game, in what I hope is the shocker of the season! Bring on the tailgating and the season.......

I'm going to our game at Elon for the first time this year and we're really looking forward to it. It's always fun to meet other AGS posters, so I'm sorry to see that you won't be there. Also, couldn't agree with you more on that bolded statement; really unhappy that we got a DII to replace the game that Coastal Carolina postponed on us.

GaSouthern
July 18th, 2011, 01:13 PM
It depends on what impresses you more, capacity, aesthetics, facilities, atmosphere or the entire package.

1. App- The whole package
2. GSU- whole package, but needs more to catch App.
3. UT-C- Lacks atmosphere
4. Citadel- The pee wall knocks them down big time, also, why have a cannon if you don't use it?
5. Western- The scenery bumps them up big time.
6. Elon- Great aesthetics and facilities, but atmosphere and capacity are lacking. Also, why have a cannon, period?
7. Furman- The opposite of Elon
8. Wofford- See elon, only worse
9. Samford- See Wofford only much worse.

I agree but flip Elon and Furmie xthumbsupx

CID1990
July 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I have always been particular to Kidd Brewer. I love Johnson Hagood, have some great memories there, but Kidd Brewer is just a beautiful stadium when you're in it.

chattanoogamocs
July 18th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Facility wise:

1. Appalachian St.
2. Chattanooga
3. Georgia Southern
4. Western Carolina
5. Elon
6. Furman
7. Wofford
8. Citadel (are the visitor's side still rotted out wooden benches? If not, then move Citadel to #4 and everyone else down one spot)
9. Samford

Game Day Experience:
T1. Appalachian State
T1. Georgia Southern
3. Citadel
4. Furman
5. Chattanooga
6. Wofford
7. Western Carolina
8. Elon
9. Samford

I got no real arguments with both of these lists...though I would say Chattanooga's atmosphere is moving up the list quickly (and I would probably push it up to 3rd if you just looked at last year by itself...most of those who traveled from other schools admitted it was like night and day...especially the ASU fans)

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I got no real arguments with both of these lists...though I would say Chattanooga's atmosphere is moving up the list quickly (and I would probably push it up to 3rd if you just looked at last year by itself...most of those who traveled from other schools admitted it was like night and day...especially the ASU fans)
The ASU/UTC game last year was my first trip to Nooga and I've never heard such a big crowd be so silent. Even the first half. No where close to KBS in atmosphere and gaining little to no ground. If there really was alot of improvement like you say, you could have heard a pin drop a few years ago.

StorminASU
July 19th, 2011, 08:05 AM
The ASU/UTC game last year was my first trip to Nooga and I've never heard such a big crowd be so silent. Even the first half. No where close to KBS in atmosphere and gaining little to no ground. If there really was alot of improvement like you say, you could have heard a pin drop a few years ago.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you, and agree with Chattanoogamocs completely. Last year's game with App was definitely more of a crowd then normal. Gameday atmosphere comes in time and last year was a great start. Noise and excitement starts with big crowds and if Chatt continues winning, I think we'll see that fanbase grow in excitement exponentially.

If the shoe was on the other foot and App had went to a sell out crowd after years of empty bleachers, regardless of noise, we would all be happy about it too.

Eaglesrus
July 19th, 2011, 08:15 AM

The difference was very noticable at our game in Chattanooga last season but nowhere near the crowd involvement that comes with a typical game at Kidd Brewer or Paulson. As you say, you could have, in fact, heard a pin drop at a game in Chattanooga a few years ago.

Reign of Terrier
July 19th, 2011, 08:52 AM
haven't read all the comments but I wouldn't put Elon ahead of Wofford at all as I've been to both. Elon's visitor side kind of sucks especially

Reign of Terrier
July 19th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Wofford's facilities are great with the new jumbotron and weight room. Our Atmosphere is lacking but it's improved over the years. We only seat 13k in the stadium, but we usually get about 6k-8k per game I think. With the use of a jumbotron I think we can improve our atmosphere with more organized cheers and what not. We're no App state or GSU and i won't try to say we are. If we could get 10k to an average game I think out atmosphere would improve tremendously.

Elon probably has a better atmosphere, but I went there for their homecoming game I think last year. Their stadium is probably newer but in terms of seating capacity I don't think it's better. The Citadel has a very nice atmosphere with what they have to work with and decent turnouts to match. I've only been to Wofford, the citadel, and Elon for conference games.

The Eagle's Cliff
July 19th, 2011, 09:15 AM
haven't read all the comments but I wouldn't put Elon ahead of Wofford at all as I've been to both. Elon's visitor side kind of sucks especially

Hooray! Young Terrier has come out of hibernation. I agree Gibbs is a better stadium, but Rhodes is maybe more aesthetically pleasing.

Eaglesrus
July 19th, 2011, 09:22 AM

Sorry to read that in view of the fact that I'm planning to attend a game there for the first time in a couple of months. Have you been to THE Citadel, YT? If so, is Elon's worse than their visitors side in your opinion?

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I would have to respectfully disagree with you, and agree with Chattanoogamocs completely. Last year's game with App was definitely more of a crowd then normal. Gameday atmosphere comes in time and last year was a great start. Noise and excitement starts with big crowds and if Chatt continues winning, I think we'll see that fanbase grow in excitement exponentially.

If the shoe was on the other foot and App had went to a sell out crowd after years of empty bleachers, regardless of noise, we would all be happy about it too.

I never said there wasn't a crowd. The numbers were respectable, but I stand by my statement that they were shockingly quiet for such a large group. I couldn't hear them over the 50 or so App students I was amongst. You're right though, Gameday atmosphere comes in time. They just have a mile to go to catch App. Never been to Stinkboro, but I'll take everyones word for how loud it is.

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 09:43 AM

The Gameday staff at Elon are the worst in the conference. They will enforce double standard rules. Awful experience.

chattownmocs
July 19th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Chattanooga fans just don't care as much as App State or GSU fans. I don't really think it was that quiet but there wasn't as much excitement as there should be when you are beating 3rd ranked ASU by 3 tds. The collapse was sickening and Chattanooga didn't look like they had any life left after App State took they lead, but it was only a TD, half the fans missed Chattanooga's last drive.

phoenix3
July 19th, 2011, 10:39 AM
The Gameday staff at Elon are the worst in the conference. They will enforce double standard rules. Awful experience.

We just make special exceptions for App. They probably got flipped off by the same three 12 year old App fans there with their families encouraging them.

phoenixphanatic21
July 19th, 2011, 11:07 AM
We just make special exceptions for App. They probably got flipped off by the same three 12 year old App fans there with their families encouraging them.

And the same fans that repeatedly cussed out our athletic training staff when they walked by.

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 11:12 AM
And the same fans that repeatedly cussed out our athletic training staff when they walked by.

Is that the same training staff member that started talking smack to me when I was minding my own business just sitting on the wall in 09? You know, the ambiguously gay one?

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM
It's one thing when fans get rowdy and do less than classy things. Elon takes it to another level when uniformed employees of the football team instigate and participate in smack with opposing fans on the sideline. Of course after following Riddle for 4 years, it's only natural that his tendencies would rub off on people.

chattownmocs
July 19th, 2011, 11:20 AM

It was probably Apphole. He likes to brag about how he goes around and starts stuff at every SOCON venue.

phoenixphanatic21
July 19th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Is that the same training staff member that started talking smack to me when I was minding my own business just sitting on the wall in 09? You know, the ambiguously gay one?

No. This was one of my female friends who was just doing her job. Just walked by when the verbal attacks came.

I think I may have an idea on the guy you are talking about and he is a very far outlier from the rest of the Elon staff. VERY FAR. I can assure you of that.

StorminASU
July 19th, 2011, 11:28 AM
No. This was one of my female friends who was just doing her job. Just walked by when the verbal attacks came.

I think I may have an idea on the guy you are talking about and he is a very far outlier from the rest of the Elon staff. VERY FAR. I can assure you of that.

I don't have a dog in this fight and an attack on a girl (above all else) just doing her job is completely unwarranted, but isn't it a possibility this man that you know about could have sparked a few bad apples on the App side who didn't know how to contain themselves after he riled them up?

Apps03
July 19th, 2011, 11:28 AM

Just use that same logic when discussing fans of a school and we'll all be better off.

AppAlum2003
July 19th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I'm wondering exactly how many different "sub-threads" in Smack this one will end up making...

phoenixphanatic21
July 19th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight and an attack on a girl (above all else) just doing her job is completely unwarranted, but isn't it a possibility this man that you know about could have sparked a few bad apples on the App side who didn't know how to contain themselves after he riled them up?

Yea I thought of that. Would make sense, though it doesn't excuse either side for what they did IMO (App for what they did to my friend, that guy for talking smack when he has no right to).

Just use that same logic when discussing fans of a school and we'll all be better off.

Wise words that everyone should heed. I've been trying to do that more lately.

phoenixphanatic21
July 19th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I'm wondering exactly how many different "sub-threads" in Smack this one will end up making...

Over/Under 2.5

StorminASU
July 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
It was probably Apphole. He likes to brag about how he goes around and starts stuff at every SOCON venue.

Not that I'm taking up for Apphole, but he was talking about waving a flag in Chatt's stadium when you flew off the reservation about it. Why did him having a flag bother you so much? Why does pride in an FCS school bother you so deeply?

Also, if you're talking about the subsequent argument he described involving chasing down a frat guy to get his flag back after the guy grabbed it from him; he wasn't talking about starting trouble then, he was talking a fan who came up and grabbed it unwarranted. Now if you witnessed something else he was doing or you were somehow personally involved and know he was starting trouble, then please share, but by speculating he is just bragging about starting trouble is just showing your bias and furthermore deteriorating what little credibility you have here. I bid you good day.

bjtheflamesfan
July 19th, 2011, 11:35 AM
ALright children...this is a discussion about stadiums, not fans, not staff...stadiums. Keep it germane or Im gonna have to clean house (that goes double for you Apphole and phoenixphanatic)

StorminASU
July 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Yea I thought of that. Would make sense, though it doesn't excuse either side for what they did IMO (App for what they did to my friend, that guy for talking smack when he has no right to).

Both are completely inexcusable. When you make your fanbase look like a bunch of jack-wagons, you need to take a breather and reflect. No game ever is worth acting like a neanderthal to your fellow man/woman...even if it is Elon/GSU etc

StorminASU
July 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM
ALright children...this is a discussion about stadiums, not fans, not staff...stadiums. Keep it germane or Im gonna have to clean house (that goes double for you Apphole and phoenixphanatic)

Wow back to using the very condescending, fatherly overtone in your posts. Very retro touch there.

AppAlum2003
July 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Sub-topic 4: Who has the cleanest port-a-potties at their stadium?

Go.

bjtheflamesfan
July 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I prefer not to go with that Stormin but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

chattownmocs
July 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Not that I'm taking up for Apphole, but he was talking about waving a flag in Chatt's stadium when you flew off the reservation about it. Why did him having a flag bother you so much? Why does pride in an FCS school bother you so deeply?

Also, if you're talking about the subsequent argument he described involving chasing down a frat guy to get his flag back after the guy grabbed it from him; he wasn't talking about starting trouble then, he was talking a fan who came up and grabbed it unwarranted. Now if you witnessed something else he was doing or you were somehow personally involved and know he was starting trouble, then please share, but by speculating he is just bragging about starting trouble is just showing your bias and furthermore deteriorating what little credibility you have here. I bid you good day.

The fact that he has had some sort of altercation at multiple SOCON venues speaks for itself. Him waving a flag around all game is lame, but didn't personally bother me in anywya. I wasn't close enough to hear but apparently him and his boyfriends like to yell and cuss and act clike typical D-bags. As far as someone stealing his flag, good that's what you get when you behave like that. But hey your boys pulled him off you before he could beat you up after you physically assaulted him. You avoided jail and an *** beating.

Eagle22
July 19th, 2011, 11:46 AM
My personal list, factoring in both the facility and overall game day experience (having been to all venues at least twice):

1. Appalachian St.
2. Georgia Southern
3. Chattanooga
4. Citadel
5. Elon
6. Furman
7. Western Carolina
8. Wofford
9. Samford

Top four are clearly separated from the bottom five. Citadel used to be third in my list, but the support Chattanooga has seen recently has switched the two on my list.

5-8 in my opinion are all very close, with Samford really a distant ninth.

chattanoogamocs
July 19th, 2011, 12:40 PM
The difference was very noticable at our game in Chattanooga last season but nowhere near the crowd involvement that comes with a typical game at Kidd Brewer or Paulson. As you say, you could have, in fact, heard a pin drop at a game in Chattanooga a few years ago.

In response to Apphole and Eagle...I will say this, it is definitely not the atmosphere of ASU or GSU (and I never claimed such)...and I will freely admit, the crowd isn't nearly as in to it as those two place (or even some others in the conference).

I actually joked about it during the ASU game, I told some people with me that..."we have been bad so long under Rodney Allison, people forgot how to properly cheer...when to cheer, what to cheer, etc"...and it's true, when you are getting your butt stomped every game, after a few years, you are so used to having nothing to cheer for, you forget how. Our cheer muscles have atrophied. :) (I remember specifically...sarcastically...saying to all those around me..."ok folks, on 3rd and/or 4th down, at good schools, everyone stands up and cheers for their defense to stop the visiting team")

That being said...our tailgating is now much more fun (and much better attended...so much so that they started charging to reserve the best spots, because so many people want them)...and while the crowds might not be "consistently loud" through a whole game, there is no denying there are a ton more of us at the games (remember, we went from maybe having 2,000 in the stands for Rodney's last game, to averaging nearly 13K last year....that is a big leap...and should continue to grow this season)

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 12:50 PM
The fact that he has had some sort of altercation at multiple SOCON venues speaks for itself. Him waving a flag around all game is lame, but didn't personally bother me in anywya. I wasn't close enough to hear but apparently him and his boyfriends like to yell and cuss and act clike typical D-bags. As far as someone stealing his flag, good that's what you get when you behave like that. But hey your boys pulled him off you before he could beat you up after you physically assaulted him. You avoided jail and an *** beating.

And because I'm an App fan I would have lost that fight? Hmm is this yet another assumption from you? I believe it is. If he was the better man, perhaps he wouldn't have let me lay him out in a parking lot. You're right about being lucky I didn't get arrested though. Also, we weren't acting like d-bags aside from the flag waving during the game. My friend (not me) gave a few middle fingers, but not until done old man came and threatened us multiple times did I even open my mouth. That game was the only game that I've ever been involved in a physical altercation. I'm not sure where you got the idea it's a frequent occurrence. The Elon thing was a 30 second exchange of words with not even a whisper of imminent violence.

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 12:52 PM

Why won't you openly stick up for me :-(. You're correct though. Anything UTC doesn't have, ie school spirit, chattown hails ad a negative attribute.

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM

Why can't we just discuss what we want to discuss? I understand pulling posts that are pure garbage(personal attacks ect), but not just because the title of the thread doesn't match what's being talked about at all times. People might respect you more if you weren't such a prick about it.

bjtheflamesfan
July 19th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I have little patience for rabbit trailing Apphole...I would much rather be nice and enjoy some good old fashioned bantering but as someone with the approximate attention span of a gerbil, I have a low tolerance for when topics stray too far from the OP. I mean if you guys police yourselves, I dont have to do anything and have to then have another discussion with UAH in the deep recesses of the Hall of Justice

StorminASU
July 19th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Why won't you openly stick up for me :-(. You're correct though. Anything UTC doesn't have, ie school spirit, chattown hails ad a negative attribute.

I think if you look closely at my post, you'll see that's basically what I did ;)

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I think if you look closely at my post, you'll see that's basically what I did ;)

Yes I did and I appreciate that. I just didn't understand the first sentence. Solidarity brother!

The Eagle's Cliff
July 19th, 2011, 02:02 PM
.....have another discussion with UAH in the deep recesses of the Hall of Justice

meanwhile.....http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHFvrc0hbZK9T_sM08dnY3_45XVvbcT Og-2bpUtddQq4KApFCQ3A

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/image.php?u=2954&dateline=1219021280http://www.anygivensaturday.com/image.php?u=38027&dateline=1278609582

Grizzaholic
July 19th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I have little patience for rabbit trailing Apphole...I would much rather be nice and enjoy some good old fashioned bantering but as someone with the approximate attention span of a gerbil, I have a low tolerance for when topics stray too far from the OP. I mean if you guys police yourselves, I dont have to do anything and have to then have another discussion with UAH in the deep recesses of the Hall of Justice

Shut up. A discussion doesn't just stay on one topic..it moves about and most of the time it comes back to the topic at hand. Take a pill.

Reign of Terrier
July 19th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Sorry to read that in view of the fact that I'm planning to attend a game there for the first time in a couple of months. Have you been to THE Citadel, YT? If so, is Elon's worse than their visitors side in your opinion?

Elon's visitor side is not as good as the Citadel as the angle and seating capacity is probably less. I had an old guy yell at me for standing up in times of climax (such as the hail mary) when he was like 5 rows behind me. It's a nice clean stadium that's perfect for the crowd turnout, but not very big for visitor seating

Reign of Terrier
July 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Hooray! Young Terrier has come out of hibernation. I agree Gibbs is a better stadium, but Rhodes is maybe more aesthetically pleasing.

youngterrier spends more of his time at CS.com but doesn't post nearly as much anywhere as he used :P

phoenix3
July 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM

Purely from a capacity standpoint, Elon is worse than El Cid on the visitors' side. Probably seats half of what Haygood does on the visitors' side. IMO, Rhodes is a little cleaner & nicer than Haygood, but that will probably change when the visitor's side of Haygood is redone. The good news is that if you bring 3.5k or less you should be fine in the visitors' stands, more and there is at least a lot of grass seating. Elon's stadium was built with the Idea of expansion in mind. Unfortunately, the need for expansion has only been apparent during App games. There used to be a good airial view on an App gameday that demonstrated this pretty well but I can't find it on the website any longer. I posted it on AGS several years ago on another stadium thread.

ASUMountaineer
July 19th, 2011, 03:37 PM

xlolx

chattownmocs
July 19th, 2011, 03:41 PM
And because I'm an App fan I would have lost that fight? Hmm is this yet another assumption from you? I believe it is. If he was the better man, perhaps he wouldn't have let me lay him out in a parking lot. You're right about being lucky I didn't get arrested though. Also, we weren't acting like d-bags aside from the flag waving during the game. My friend (not me) gave a few middle fingers, but not until done old man came and threatened us multiple times did I even open my mouth. That game was the only game that I've ever been involved in a physical altercation. I'm not sure where you got the idea it's a frequent occurrence. The Elon thing was a 30 second exchange of words with not even a whisper of imminent violence.

The first story you told was that your friends had to pull him off you. That's where I got that idea. It came from you.

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 04:04 PM
The first story you told was that your friends had to pull him off you. That's where I got that idea. It came from you.

Well you misread. 2-3 seconds went by from the time the two of us hit the ground to the time we were pulled apart. I was the main one being restrained. He limped away, flagless. They had to hold on to me and calm me down for 10 minutes.

Eaglesrus
July 19th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Purely from a capacity standpoint, Elon is worse than El Cid on the visitors' side. Probably seats half of what Haygood does on the visitors' side. IMO, Rhodes is a little cleaner & nicer than Haygood, but that will probably change when the visitor's side of Haygood is redone. The good news is that if you bring 3.5k or less you should be fine in the visitors' stands, more and there is at least a lot of grass seating. Elon's stadium was built with the Idea of expansion in mind. Unfortunately, the need for expansion has only been apparent during App games. There used to be a good airial view on an App gameday that demonstrated this pretty well but I can't find it on the website any longer. I posted it on AGS several years ago on another stadium thread.

Capacity doesn't concern me too much, I expect to be there early enough to get a seat even if we do bring 3,500+. My concern was more about the condition. I agree that Johnson-Haygood will be a great place if/when they refurbish the visitors side, but as is the area under the stands is like a dungeon. I understand that they may like it that way, of course.

citdog
July 19th, 2011, 05:48 PM
The name of the facility is Johnson Hagood. No -. No Y. I like our visitor side as the home side is too nice and confuses me as people look at me strange when I pee on the wall.

chattownmocs
July 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Well you misread. 2-3 seconds went by from the time the two of us hit the ground to the time we were pulled apart. I was the main one being restrained. He limped away, flagless. They had to hold on to me and calm me down for 10 minutes.

10 minutes? "Let me at him, let me at him!!" You need to get ahold of yourself man. Otherwise maybe you should just stay home. Or maybe just stop crying about your terrible experiences which were spurred on by your inability to control you emotions.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Fella's just to be clear on this matter. You can discuss what you like. If your topic goes a ways off base then I certainly don't care as long as the group is willing to follow where it's going.

Please feel free to let the conversation take you where you'd like to go but try not to be too nasty to each on the Discussion board.xthumbsupx

chattownmocs
July 19th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Fella's just to be clear on this matter. You can discuss what you like. If your topic goes a ways off base then I certainly don't care as long as the group is willing to follow where it's going.

Please feel free to let the conversation take you where you'd like to go but try not to be too nasty to each on the Discussion board.xthumbsupx

You just strayed way off the discussion. And I'm not following you.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
You just strayed way off the discussion. And I'm not following you.

I tend to do that and I apologize.:D

Apphole
July 19th, 2011, 07:53 PM
10 minutes? "Let me at him, let me at him!!" You need to get ahold of yourself man. Otherwise maybe you should just stay home. Or maybe just stop crying about your terrible experiences which were spurred on by your inability to control you emotions.

I was **** faced and he stole my flag. That's all that needs to be said.

HighCountry
July 19th, 2011, 08:49 PM
While attention should ALWAYS be focused on the field I do have to say that the view from THE ROCK has got to be one of the best in the country, can't beat a mountain landscape in the background. Grizz fans you know what I'm talking about.

HighCountry
July 20th, 2011, 10:03 PM
xlolxis one on topic post all it really takes to kill a thread?

phoenix3
July 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
Capacity doesn't concern me too much, I expect to be there early enough to get a seat even if we do bring 3,500+. My concern was more about the condition. I agree that Johnson-Haygood will be a great place if/when they refurbish the visitors side, but as is the area under the stands is like a dungeon. I understand that they may like it that way, of course.

The condition is excellent. The stadium was brand new in September of 2001. This shows a few views of the stadium. The pics are old & do not show the new fieldhouse which is where the scoreboard is in the pics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Stadium

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2011, 12:46 PM
bump sorry fella's gotta get some threads between yesterdays triv and today's.

SoCon48
July 21st, 2011, 09:59 PM

But it's ours. Finley isn't UT-C's.

Smitty
July 22nd, 2011, 07:15 AM
Lets go with what UT-C does own...

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/640/PA/PAKBOBYABHTPHCL.20100806004437.jpg

Has a nice turf but I'm not really excited about standing the whole game...

chattownmocs
July 22nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
But it's ours. Finley isn't UT-C's.

Yeah the city owns it. The city of Chattanooga. A public University owning a stadium is nothing to brag about. We are the primary tenant.

chattownmocs
July 22nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Lets go with what UT-C does own...

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/640/PA/PAKBOBYABHTPHCL.20100806004437.jpg

Has a nice turf but I'm not really excited about standing the whole game...

Yep a beautiful practice facility located on the banks of the old tennessee.

Apphole
July 22nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
A public University owning a stadium is nothing to brag about

Ok, explain this one...

blueballs
July 22nd, 2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah the city owns it. The city of Chattanooga. A public University owning a stadium is nothing to brag about. We are the primary tenant.

You need to quit while you are behind.

GSU's stadium was owned by the boosters until the note for the improvements was paid in full and the mortgage released. This happened about 5 years ago.

At that point the boosters GAVE it to the university. Hence GSU OWNS their stadium and it didn't cost the university a dime, which means the university has been able to pay for the upgrades and improvements- including the new 50K sq ft building that's breaking ground in October in the east end zone. When that building is complete the stadium will be among the most elite in this division and FBS worthy.

If you are unable to see the benefit in that situation to the university- and if you feel that is nothing to brag about- then there is no point in debating further.

Skjellyfetti
July 22nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Yep a beautiful practice facility located on the banks of the old tennessee.

First time I've agreed with chattownmocs about anything... but, I remember driving by it on my way to the SoCon tourney and thinking how nice of a spot it was. Looks out over the river. xthumbsupx

chattownmocs
July 22nd, 2011, 05:52 PM

GSU's stadium was owned by the boosters until the note for the improvements was paid in full and the mortgage released. This happened about 5 years ago.

At that point the boosters GAVE it to the university. Hence GSU OWNS their stadium and it didn't cost the university a dime, which means the university has been able to pay for the upgrades and improvements- including the new 50K sq ft building that's breaking ground in October in the east end zone. When that building is complete the stadium will be among the most elite in this division and FBS worthy.

If you are unable to see the benefit in that situation to the university- and if you feel that is nothing to brag about- then there is no point in debating further.

It doesn't make any difference, We play there whether we own it or not. And if Chattanooga didn't play there it would just sit there.

chattownmocs
July 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Ok, explain this one...

What difference does it make. The state owns your school. So who cares whether the city or the school own the stadium.

KnoxvilleApp
July 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
What difference does it make. The state owns your school. So who cares whether the city or the school own the stadium.

I've enjoyed watching your ignorant posts blow up right in your face.

Things that are bad about Finley Stadium: Turf sucks to play on, locker rooms are terrible, I've seen better bathrooms at Daytona International, generic ballpark food, it's in Chattanooga, it's off campus, I've seen more excitement watching golf.

Things that are good: My experience last year, it's somewhat close to Sticky Fingers, and traffic wasn't awful.

tractorapp
July 24th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I agree, nothing at all wrong with Paladin Stadium. Somehow, you guys are going to have to figure out how to get the game day excitement back. Seems like you have some hardcore fans/alumni, but your students just don't seem to come out and support the team. Band is good, but a little tame. Even back from 2000-2005 the excitement just wasn't there like it was in the 80's and early 90's

OL FU
July 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I agree, nothing at all wrong with Paladin Stadium. Somehow, you guys are going to have to figure out how to get the game day excitement back. Seems like you have some hardcore fans/alumni, but your students just don't seem to come out and support the team. Band is good, but a little tame. Even back from 2000-2005 the excitement just wasn't there like it was in the 80's and early 90's

Gotta win.

The other thing we have not been good at and I understand that there may be some efforts to change is that we have to get the community involved. hard to compete with Clemson in the Greenville Market but we can snag some folks for a Saturday afternoon.

More recent graduates may be able to expand or negate what I am about to say but we have a real problem for the future. Used to be a large number of Furman grads were from the upstate. That seems to be shrinking which isn't surprising when you consider the cost of going to Furman. While a more national alumni base might be good for a lot things, it ain't good for athletic support if they all go back home after graduating. I know my graduating class was about 400 (my freshman class was 900). It is probably bigger than that now, but if a large percentage of that moves away from the Greenville area, support at football games is going to get more and more difficult.

OL FU
July 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM

BTW, please take note of the Upstate Get together thread. Campobello is not that far from Greenville.

mocman1990
July 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM

I love the irony here since the City of Chattanooga does not own Finley Stadium. Matter of fact, the City no longer gives a penny to the stadium (the county still donates $60K a year from the hotel/motel tax). They have a non-profit board, Friends of Finley (composed primarily of wealthy UC alums), that are responsible for the facility.

Friends of Finley has given UTC the option of taking over the facility for free, but the UT system decided...why do that when you have a non-profit group will to take care of the facility? (btw, that is an open ended offer to take over) And I can not say I disagree because it is the best of both worlds for UTC. They get a great facility but do not have to pay for the upkeep.

There isn't a public school administration, especially in this economy of constant cuts to education while raising tuition, that wouldn't take that deal. No risk, all reward. If you can't understand that, there is no point debating further. ;)

phoenix3
July 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM

Things that are bad about Finley Stadium: Turf sucks to play on, locker rooms are terrible, I've seen better bathrooms at Daytona International, generic ballpark food, it's in Chattanooga, it's off campus, I've seen more excitement watching golf.

Things that are good: My experience last year, it's somewhat close to Sticky Fingers, and traffic wasn't awful.

Do you mean to say it's in Chattanooga, meaning not as nice as Boone? You're a funny man. I'm assuming you've been to Boone but have you been to Chattanooga?

tractorapp
July 24th, 2011, 07:36 PM
BTW, please take note of the Upstate Get together thread. Campobello is not that far from Greenville.

I'll be there 11-5 OL. Can't wait, and hope we are playing a game with a championship on the line. I had not thought about your alumni base, but it does seem that you guys draw heavily from Georgia and Alabama. Also, the C. Dan Joyners and Vince Perrones of the world used to be big supporters of Furman. I know Perrone has been gone several years and I have not heard much from other Greenville business leaders. What difference do you think the break with the SC Baptist Convention had?

Apphole
July 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Do you mean to say it's in Chattanooga, meaning not as nice as Boone? You're a funny man. I'm assuming you've been to Boone but have you been to Chattanooga?

Been to both. I'm biased, but I'd take a beautiful mountain college town over a medium sized crime ridden city all day. I mean Nooga was a pretty cool town and there were some nice parts, but as far as college football settings go, it doesn't get much better than Boone. People drive from all over the country to see the sights and the bar scene/downtown area is unmatched in character and fun. There might be more Four Seasons in Nooga. That's cool...

Horseshoe App
July 24th, 2011, 08:22 PM

I have been to both. I like both. Boone is a much cleaner and smaller town. Chattanooga has a cool downtown. Just don't go the wrong way or you will get into not so good areas. Overall, they both have very nice qualities that both schools should be proud of.
Heck, Elon's campus and stadium are really clean and very nice but you can get into some rough areas very close to Elon. Burlington has some rough areas in it. There is also a place real close to Elon called Ossipee Ski Lodge(the spelling might be wrong). Have you heard of it? That is one scary place. If you haven't heard of it, ask some old timers in that area and I am sure they can tell you about it. I have a buddy who is a Elon graduate that grew up in Alamance county show it to me one time.
So, I guess we can say all schools have their positives and negatives including Elon.

OL FU
July 25th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I'll be there 11-5 OL. Can't wait, and hope we are playing a game with a championship on the line. I had not thought about your alumni base, but it does seem that you guys draw heavily from Georgia and Alabama. Also, the C. Dan Joyners and Vince Perrones of the world used to be big supporters of Furman. I know Perrone has been gone several years and I have not heard much from other Greenville business leaders. What difference do you think the break with the SC Baptist Convention had?

Joyner is still big. Also, Gene Stone is gone (although that has been awhile) While we have had some huge donations to the school itself, we lack something Wofford has. A few really big supporters of the athletic department. The Richardson's and Gibbs' have made a major difference in Wofford's ability to compete. I don't think the break with the Convention has been to damaging to the sports programs. We still maintain ties to Baptist groups with RA day and such. And other than those types of events the Convention didn't add much to athletics. Also, the Convention used to pay about 10% of the budget and that has been more than made up by an endowment that has increased tremendously with the Hollingsworth money. The break from the convention may have hurt some with local fans, but I think generally Furman's price and developing the reputation of being snooty has harmed that relationship more than breaking from the convention did.

As far as where the students are from, I can't seem to find the answers but I am guessing the Atlanta area would be big, but a lot of our students come from Florida and the Mid-Atlantic states. Upstate South Carolina Participation has been dropping.

Make sure you stay in touch on 11-5

Smitty
July 25th, 2011, 05:47 AM
I have been to both. I like both. Boone is a much cleaner and smaller town. Chattanooga has a cool downtown. Just don't go the wrong way or you will get into not so good areas. Overall, they both have very nice qualities that both schools should be proud of.
Heck, Elon's campus and stadium are really clean and very nice but you can get into some rough areas very close to Elon. Burlington has some rough areas in it. There is also a place real close to Elon called Ossipee Ski Lodge(the spelling might be wrong). Have you heard of it? That is one scary place. If you haven't heard of it, ask some old timers in that area and I am sure they can tell you about it. I have a buddy who is a Elon graduate that grew up in Alamance county show it to me one time.
So, I guess we can say all schools have their positives and negatives including Elon.

That's one good thing about WCU, there really isn't rough neighborhoods around it. However we still lack much of a gameday...

chattanoogamocs
July 25th, 2011, 06:27 AM
That's just life in a city...any place over about 30-40,000 people is going to have "good parts of town and bad parts of town"

...of course places like Boone have an amazing view. No argument there. But, it's an apples and oranges comparison (and yet even further off the original subject).

People can try and knock that Finley is in a rough part of town (it is quickly becoming the better part of town through gentrification) or that the University isn't the owner...but the simple fact is, it is a great stadium with a ton of amenities (skyboxes, a great tailgating facility, etc). It was good enough to host the National Championship for 12 years.

ASU has an amazing stadium...and the only "hitch" to GSU is that some area's of their facility need a 2010 update (which appears to be on the way).

There are some smaller stadiums in the conference, for sure. But honestly, there is not a truly bad apple in the group. The public schools (which you expect to have larger stadiums) all have very nice facilities (ASU, GSU, UTC, Citadel, WCU) and the private schools, (which you expect to have smaller stadiums) are smaller, but are all top notch in their upkeep (whether it be architecture and/or landscaping).

chattanoogamocs
July 25th, 2011, 06:35 AM

Ironic, your first post ain't exactly making you sound like a genius either.

Pot, meet kettle.

Don't ASU and UTC both have the same turf? Pretty much all visiting locker rooms suck...and where have you been going to football games that they serve some sort of gourmet food (I expect ballpark food at, well, a ballpark)?

Of course, you being from Knoxville, you'd be an expert on dumpy towns. :)

OL FU
July 25th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Ironic, your first post ain't exactly making you sound like a genius either.

Pot, meet kettle.

Don't ASU and UTC both have the same turf? Pretty much all visiting locker rooms suck...and where have you been going to football games that they serve some sort of gourmet food (I expect ballpark food at, well, a ballpark)?

Of course, you being from Knoxville, you'd be an expert on dumpy towns. :)

We have Phat dogs at Furman. Gourmet hotdog if there ever was one.xlolx

chattanoogamocs
July 25th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't know what the food is like...I don't think I have eaten stadium food (outside of the skyboxes or media room...and that's catered) since Finley opened. What eating I do is usually at tailgate. Though I can attest that the beer selection in the stadium club is good. :)

Apphole
July 25th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Next time you're at the Rock, stop at the Woodlands stand and pick up a delicious Carolina BBQ sandwich. Now that's good eatin'

Smitty
July 25th, 2011, 08:45 AM
We sell frozen lemonade that is decent otherwise it is just regular food.

chattownmocs
July 25th, 2011, 09:16 AM
This thread has turned into all out desperation from the App folks who really want to believe that everything about their school is superior to everyone else. The bottom line is the stadium you play in is in fact inferior to Finley Stadium. If it makes you feel better that your state school owns a football stadium, good for you. If it makes you feel better that your town of 17,000 doesnt have a hood, good for you. The bottom line is that the only thing anyone ever cared about from your community was app state football, and that love affair lasted all of a few weeks in 2007.

Smitty
July 25th, 2011, 09:22 AM
This thread has turned into all out desperation from the App folks who really want to believe that everything about their school is superior to everyone else. The bottom line is the stadium you play in is in fact inferior to Finley Stadium. If it makes you feel better that your state school owns a football stadium, good for you. If it makes you feel better that your town of 17,000 doesnt have a hood, good for you. The bottom line is that the only thing anyone ever cared about from your community was app state football, and that love affair lasted all of a few weeks in 2007.

Honestly everybody is a homer and they see their stuff as the best in the world. You did the same stating "The stadium by which all new stadiums are measured. A world class stadium by any measurement." If the world involves just the city of Chattanooga then it is probably a world class stadium otherwise it is just an FCS stadium

biggie
July 25th, 2011, 10:01 AM
You are full of it and it is entertaining, you may have beaten out seantaylor lately.

HighCountry
July 25th, 2011, 10:19 AM
The bottom line is that the only thing anyone ever cared about from your community was app state football, and that love affair lasted all of a few weeks in 2007.
I guess the 8 Grammy's that Doc Watson has won over the years gets left out in that statement...but once again this is about football and football stadiums. If Finley were a packed, energized, football party every Saturday then maybe, MAYBE you could say it was better...but it is not.

Apphole
July 25th, 2011, 10:22 AM
If it is a fact that Finley is better, how come everyone's list on this thread has KBS at #1? And we have 17k undergrads, so I don't know where that population figure came from. Also, the love for App football ended in 2007? Is that why we set attendance records every year since? Is that why we lead the FCS in attendance and fanship? You have 0 credibility. You offer nothing but laughed at your own expense to this site.

chattownmocs
July 25th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I guess the 8 Grammy's that Doc Watson has won over the years gets left out in that statement...but once again this is about football and football stadiums. If Finley were a packed, energized, football party every Saturday then maybe, MAYBE you could say it was better...but it is not.

Once again that is really besides the point, a stadium is a structure and the people in it are not part of it.

chattownmocs
July 25th, 2011, 11:47 AM
It comes from census numbers. The only argument I have seen for KBS was that the fans were better. Not really anyone saying the stadium is better. As far as the love you have for App state football, go back and read my post. You might be able to figure out what I meant the 2nd or 3rd time around.

AppAlum2003
July 25th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I'm really trying to figure out what chattownmocs is bragging about here, to be honest with you guys.

"Our stadium is structurally nice looking"
"Yeah, but empty on game days"
"That doesn't matter - the concrete was poured beautifully"

Reminds me of guys bragging about their portfolio:

"I've got about 3 years pay in my fund"
"Awesome, can I borrow $10?"
"Nope, can't touch a dime of it - I'd get KILLED on the taxes"

Apphole
July 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM
It comes from census numbers. The only argument I have seen for KBS was that the fans were better. Not really anyone saying the stadium is better. As far as the love you have for App state football, go back and read my post. You might be able to figure out what I meant the 2nd or 3rd time around.

So what do you think about the fact that a group of savy FCS blogers on this website, of all schools, unanimously agreed that KBS was a better structure? Is that not valid enough for you?

HighCountry
July 25th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Once again that is really besides the point, a stadium is a structure and the people in it are not part of it.
Well if we are arguing about which one is more aesthetically pleasing this battle will never end. I, along with a vast amount of people thing that KBS looks far better than KBSWest does. If facilities are the true argument then once again, KBS wins.

chattownmocs
July 25th, 2011, 03:25 PM
So what do you think about the fact that a group of savy FCS blogers on this website, of all schools, unanimously agreed that KBS was a better structure? Is that not valid enough for you?

Once again, all anyone has said is that the fans and atmosphere are better at KBS. Im bot even sure that 2 big stands would even classify anything as a stadium. Where are the outer walls on that POS?

chattownmocs
July 25th, 2011, 03:29 PM
2 big *** stands is not a better stadium than Finley. Its an actual football stadium with beautiful brick outer walls. Not just too big *** stands someone stuck on the side of a hill and put a bunch of lip stick on. Its still a pig.

biggie
July 25th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Seriously biggest delusional poster ever.

Apphole
July 25th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Last I checked, Finley wasn't connected on either side either... Another set of big **** stands I guess

chattownmocs
July 25th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Last I checked, Finley wasn't connected on either side either... Another set of big **** stands I guess

No, not really it actually is designed to look like a stadium. Because it is one. Highly debatable whether that POS in Boone is even a football stadium.

Apphole
July 25th, 2011, 06:46 PM
No, not really it actually is designed to look like a stadium. Because it is one. Highly debatable whether that POS in Boone is even a football stadium.

I'd say it's not debatable. Mostly because you are the only person on the website that ranks Finley over Kidd Brewer.

Chattownmocs:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

socon11
July 25th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Just saw this version of Johnson Hagood stadium at The Citadel
.http://www.seecharleston.360citytours.com/_spinatours/charleston/charleston-2_out_html5.html

HighCountry
July 25th, 2011, 08:41 PM
.http://www.seecharleston.360citytours.com/_spinatours/charleston/charleston-2_out_html5.html

That's pretty neat.

citdog
July 26th, 2011, 07:21 PM

I think General Hagood would be proud of the facility that bears his name.

http://www.oldmagazinearticles.com/images/decorations/Civil_War_General_Johnson_Hagood.jpeg