PDA

View Full Version : ICON/GSU Quarterback to workout for the Eagles

MACHIAVELLI
March 16th, 2006, 02:50 AM
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/spring06%20049.jpg
This guy has a private workout with the Philadelphia Eagles Friday morning at 8 am. in Grambling.

March 16th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Gotta love the big tooth grin of Bruce Almighty!

R.A.
March 16th, 2006, 05:15 AM
-Uh, Ralph, someone could view your "big tooth grin," comment as being highly offensive, don't you think?
-Congrats Bruce. Good luck.

March 16th, 2006, 08:25 AM
R.A., I have no idea how anyone could find what I said offensive.

I guess you would have to meet Bruce to know he has that infectious smile and I thought the picture showed it.

AppGuy04
March 16th, 2006, 08:32 AM
-Uh, Ralph, someone could view your "big tooth grin," comment as being highly offensive, don't you think?
-Congrats Bruce. Good luck.

:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

R.A.
March 16th, 2006, 09:21 AM
R.A., I have no idea how anyone could find what I said offensive.

I guess you would have to meet Bruce to know he has that infectious smile and I thought the picture showed it.

-I'm sure if you thought about it, you might see how your comment could be taken the wrong way. I understand the intent however. I think I'll ask some Grambling folks what they think about it.

March 16th, 2006, 09:53 AM
-I'm sure if you thought about it, you might see how your comment could be taken the wrong way. I understand the intent however...Nope, can't think of one way that could be taken as offensive. PM me your intent.

MACHIAVELLI
March 16th, 2006, 12:22 PM
-I'm sure if you thought about it, you might see how your comment could be taken the wrong way. I understand the intent however. I think I'll ask some Grambling folks what they think about it.

I can understand where you are coming from but if this is what Ralph said this is exactly what Ralph meant.

http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/neworleanstour050591.jpg
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/neworleanstour050291.jpg

Hansel
March 16th, 2006, 09:33 PM
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/spring06%20049.jpg
This guy has a private workout with the Philadelphia Eagles Friday morning at 8 am. in Grambling.
looks a bit more svelt no?

mikebigg
March 16th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I didn't take Ralph comment as being any thing more than a compliment to Bruce for his personality and friendly smile. Bruce is a down to earth and easy going guy off the field. Ralph has met and spoken with him on prior occasion and has often commented on Bruce's good guy demeanor.

March 16th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Bruce will be on I-AA WAVES this Tuesday as will Coach Spears.

BTW, I was told why my comment could be taken as offensive and I had no idea of that. Seems like a lot of that kind of stuff is not in my consciousness, I guess I am a bit naive that way.

R.A.
March 17th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Okay, cool.

MACHIAVELLI
April 11th, 2006, 11:28 AM
3/21/2006 Mel Kiper, Jr Mailbag

Q: How much of a chance does Grambling quarterback Bruce Eugene have of making it in the NFL? -- Scott, Dallas
A: There's no question Eugene is in that group of quarterbacks who will have an opportunity down the road to develop into a solid quarterback. He has lost some weight (6-0 ¼, 260) and, for someone of his size, he isn't a sitting duck in the pocket. He does have decent feet and moves around pretty well for a player of his size. Eugene is a pocket passer with a strong arm and good release. He needs to keep trying to get his weight down, which will increase his mobility, and maintain that weight. There's no question he has the passing skills down the road to be a player. Eugene is a late-round draft pick possibility.

http://forum.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=59415

GannonFan
April 11th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Being an Eagles fan, I wouldn't want Eugene to end up here - I just wouldn't see him getting the chance to develop. McNabb has a bunch of years left on his contract and that contract balloons near the end so they could never take the cap hit of getting rid of him. They just brought in Garcia as a back-up so the best he could hope for would be 3rd string or practice squad. If this guy's going to make it in the pros, he needs to get some attention in his first few years and get some opportunities. In Philly, he'd waste away deep in the depth chart while each year more and more QB's would come out from college - best for him if he lands elsewhere.

MACHIAVELLI
April 11th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Being an Eagles fan, I wouldn't want Eugene to end up here - I just wouldn't see him getting the chance to develop. McNabb has a bunch of years left on his contract and that contract balloons near the end so they could never take the cap hit of getting rid of him. They just brought in Garcia as a back-up so the best he could hope for would be 3rd string or practice squad. If this guy's going to make it in the pros, he needs to get some attention in his first few years and get some opportunities. In Philly, he'd waste away deep in the depth chart while each year more and more QB's would come out from college - best for him if he lands elsewhere.

I agree.

MACHIAVELLI
April 14th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Jacksonville Jaguars
Bruce Eugene/QB/Grambling (worked out)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Bruce Eugene/QB/Grambling (worked out)