PDA

View Full Version : SELA AD Steps Aside - Brought Back Football

TexasTerror
March 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
This is big news out of Hammond, LA. Frank Pergolizzi was a major hire for SELA as he brought them back football for the first time in nearly 20 years.

He really turned around that athletic department during his tenure including SELA's first trip to the NCAA Div I basketball tournament. They also for the first time hosted numerous SLC championships. Best of luck to an AD who brought SELA on the football map. He'll be missed in Hammond and in the SLC for sure...

PERGOLIZZI TO STEP ASIDE AS SOUTHEASTERN AD, TO SERVE IN ADVISORY CAPACITY
Posted by dvolz on March 15, 2006, 4:14 pm.

Frank Pergolizzi, who has served as athletics director at Southeastern Louisiana University since June of 2000, announced that he is relinquishing his position at the university effective today in order to pursue other professional opportunities.

“After almost six years at Southeastern it is time for me to explore new opportunities in intercollegiate athletics or the private sector,” explained Pergolizzi. “It has also become increasingly important for my wife and I to relocate closer to our families.

“I am proud of everything we have accomplished during my time at Southeastern and am grateful to all the coaches, staff and student-athletes who have worked hard to help our programs improve. I will definitely miss all of them,” he added.

http://www.lionsports.net/headlines/general/2198

golionsgo
March 15th, 2006, 09:21 PM
This is big news out of Hammond, LA. Frank Pergolizzi was a major hire for SELA as he brought them back football for the first time in nearly 20 years.

He really turned around that athletic department during his tenure including SELA's first trip to the NCAA Div I basketball tournament. They also for the first time hosted numerous SLC championships. Best of luck to an AD who brought SELA on the football map. He'll be missed in Hammond and in the SLC for sure...

PERGOLIZZI TO STEP ASIDE AS SOUTHEASTERN AD, TO SERVE IN ADVISORY CAPACITY
Posted by dvolz on March 15, 2006, 4:14 pm.

Frank Pergolizzi, who has served as athletics director at Southeastern Louisiana University since June of 2000, announced that he is relinquishing his position at the university effective today in order to pursue other professional opportunities.

“After almost six years at Southeastern it is time for me to explore new opportunities in intercollegiate athletics or the private sector,” explained Pergolizzi. “It has also become increasingly important for my wife and I to relocate closer to our families.

“I am proud of everything we have accomplished during my time at Southeastern and am grateful to all the coaches, staff and student-athletes who have worked hard to help our programs improve. I will definitely miss all of them,” he added.

http://www.lionsports.net/headlines/general/2198

I hate to see him go but this is not a surprise. From my understanding he has been looking to get closer to home for some time now and hopefully things work out for him and his family. He did a great job helping bring our entire athletic dept back to respectability and will be missed.

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2006, 10:49 AM
SELA fans...

What's the latest on your AD situation? I haven't heard a thing out of your camp in Hammond about this...

Bear Fan 101
May 5th, 2006, 10:58 AM
hmm, now that is 2 SLC AD searches going on at the same time...happy days!:rolleyes:

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2006, 11:03 AM
hmm, now that is 2 SLC AD searches going on at the same time...happy days!:rolleyes:

Three...

A&M-CC is in the midst of an AD search as well, though they have an 'interim' athletic director in place. Viola stepped down once he got the job done and got them in a conference...

----------
TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY-CORPUS CHRISTI PRESIDENT FLAVIUS KILLEBREW ANNOUNCES CHANGE IN ATHLETIC PROGRAM

(02/24/06)

University President Flavius C. Killebrew announced Friday the resignation of Dan Viola as Athletic Director at the University. Associate Athletic Director Brian DeAngelis has been named interim Athletic Director effective immediately.

"Dan joined the University in 1997 to bring intercollegiate athletics back to the Island University," said Dr. Killebrew. "When he arrived he worked off a borrowed computer and fax machine and began building what we know today as the Islanders. He revived an athletic tradition that had been dormant for 23 years. His first order of business was to attain NCAA Division 1 status for the University.

Since then, the Athletics Department has expanded beyond anyone's expectations, thanks to our great staff and talented athletic scholars. Today, with our new membership in the Southland Conference, we are ready to embark on an exciting new adventure in our University's athletic history. The University is grateful for Dan's many years of service, and we wish him the very best."

http://www.goislanders.com/press_release.cfm?pass_num=1363

McTailGator
May 5th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Three...

A&M-CC is in the midst of an AD search as well, though they have an 'interim' athletic director in place. Viola stepped down once he got the job done and got them in a conference...

----------
TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY-CORPUS CHRISTI PRESIDENT FLAVIUS KILLEBREW ANNOUNCES CHANGE IN ATHLETIC PROGRAM

(02/24/06)

University President Flavius C. Killebrew announced Friday the resignation of Dan Viola as Athletic Director at the University. Associate Athletic Director Brian DeAngelis has been named interim Athletic Director effective immediately.

"Dan joined the University in 1997 to bring intercollegiate athletics back to the Island University," said Dr. Killebrew. "When he arrived he worked off a borrowed computer and fax machine and began building what we know today as the Islanders. He revived an athletic tradition that had been dormant for 23 years. His first order of business was to attain NCAA Division 1 status for the University.

Since then, the Athletics Department has expanded beyond anyone's expectations, thanks to our great staff and talented athletic scholars. Today, with our new membership in the Southland Conference, we are ready to embark on an exciting new adventure in our University's athletic history. The University is grateful for Dan's many years of service, and we wish him the very best."

http://www.goislanders.com/press_release.cfm?pass_num=1363

Hopefully,

We can make it 4...:rolleyes:

McNeese75
May 5th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Hopefully,

We can make it 4...:rolleyes:

xlolx :D

ccd494
May 5th, 2006, 04:22 PM
The SELA AD is one of three finalists for the Maine job...

My money is on the current interim guy, however.

Frosty The Snowbuff
May 6th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by McTailGator
Hopefully,

We can make it 4...

I'm just sensing the love for our AD's...xlolx

With that said...I think ours is gonna be around for a while (and we have McNeese to thank for it.....somewhat).

mainejeff
May 6th, 2006, 05:41 PM
The SELA AD is one of three finalists for the Maine job...

My money is on the current interim guy, however.

Yeah, I guess that it's down to 2 at Maine. I knew that this guy just wanted the Maine job to be closer to home. My money is on Blake James as well.