PDA

View Full Version : New Uniforms: Yes or No

appstate38
July 4th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Is it time for your favorite FCS team to upgrade to gear or keep it the same?

Apps- While I still like the current unis.... Yes we need a new look

Ga So.- No, never change'em

pleahy1
July 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM
never will. there would be riots

Redhawk2010
July 4th, 2011, 10:57 PM
SEMO just got new uniforms a year ago. They were BADLY needed. The uniforms they wore previously were a mixture of adidas, New Balance, and Russell Athletic. Yeah, we actually had players wearing uniforms that had each of those 3 logos on them! Most of the uniforms were Russell with an adidas or New Balance logo attached over the top! I also know that in 2008 we had entire closets full of adidas shoes in the equipment room that could not be issued out. Our contract was with New Balance at that time and so the adidas shoes just sat there.

The Redhawks signed a full athletic department contract with Nike this time last year. It included new home and away football uniforms. They actually had to have the white jerseys delivered to Ball State because they arrived on Wednesday before the Thursday night season opener! The team had to travel with the old uniforms just in case..

Torgo
July 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Montana will keep changing them every 3 years, for better or worse. The current ones are definitely the weakest out of the past 3 designs we've had, though they're starting to grow on me.

The prior Colts-esque ones were the best we've had since the copper and gold era in my opinion, though. Wish we hadn't changed from them.

lionsrking2
July 5th, 2011, 12:25 AM
The Lions will have new jerseys this year with the same white pants...the green jerseys will apparently be a slightly different shade which means no green pants this year...will have new pants in 2012...also hearing the helmets will be more of a metallic green, closer to what we had the first couple of years we brought back football...that's the rumor anyway.

Go...gate
July 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I don't think Colgate's will change, and that is fine by me.

I hope Georgia Southern's stay as is.

CopperCat
July 5th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Montana will keep changing them every 3 years, for better or worse. The current ones are definitely the weakest out of the past 3 designs we've had, though they're starting to grow on me.

The prior Colts-esque ones were the best we've had since the copper and gold era in my opinion, though. Wish we hadn't changed from them.

I disagree. The "throwbacks" from Cat-griz last year were the worst uniform UM has ever had.

PaladinFan
July 5th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Furman's been wearing the same duds pretty much since the dawn of time, so I imagine we will stand pat.

bjtheflamesfan
July 5th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Liberty changed their uniforms last in 2006, I dont think changes will be coming anytime soon (I think we are also a Nike school)

TheBisonator
July 5th, 2011, 07:23 AM
NDSU recently did tweaks to its unis, we don't really need new ones as of this moment. We have a nice Nike contract going. The helmet design is perfect the way it is, though too many Bison fans want to bring back the old "Snorty" Bison logo, I disagree with that personally.

New practice jerseys wouldn't hurt though. You can never get enough new practice jerseys.

phoenixphanatic21
July 5th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Elon changed unis pretty recently, within the last 5-6 years I think, so I'm sure we'll stay pat. Though I'd like to see a third alternate, either with gold or black jerseys. Preferably gold. I think that could be pretty sick.

GaSouthern
July 5th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I think ASU should keep the jerseys from back in the 3peat era. I'm not a big fan of the yellow ones you guys wore vs. Chatty last season, they were not bad I just like the old ones better.

Franks Tanks
July 5th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I think we (Lafayette) should keep what we have. They are currently nice and simple, but sharp, and a change would probably result in a "new style" uniform which I am less fond of.

Tribe4SF
July 5th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Don't know if there will be any changes this year. Current uniforms are classic, and very popular, so I doubt they change.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/56977008807674639554.jpg

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/38377664842795215351.jpg

WestCoastAggie
July 5th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I am fine with both Murray's and A&T's football uniforms. I would prefer that A&T move away from Riddell and go with Nike but the MEAC conference entered into a long-term contract with the company so we are kind of stuck.

asumike83
July 5th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I think ASU should keep the jerseys from back in the 3peat era. I'm not a big fan of the yellow ones you guys wore vs. Chatty last season, they were not bad I just like the old ones better.

I agree, not a huge fan either. However, if ASU changes the all-black home uniforms, I will start a riot.

3rd Coast Tiger
July 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I am fine with both Murray's and A&T's football uniforms. I would prefer that A&T move away from Riddell and go with Nike but the MEAC conference entered into a long-term contract with the company so we are kind of stuck.

I think you mean Russell.

boonedocks
July 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I agree, not a huge fan either. However, if ASU changes the all-black home uniforms, I will start a riot.

ASU's unis are the same from the three-peat. They changed ever so slightly after 2005 when they went from Russell unis to Nike. But they were basically identical.

The "gold" ones from last season were a special edition pro-combat jersey from Nike that were auctioned off. The previous year were throwback unis from Jerry Moore's first season. I'm sure if Nike keeps offering, ASU will keep wearing an alternate for one game a year.

Otherwise, I agree about the all black home unis.

boogereagle
July 5th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Don't know if there will be any changes this year. Current uniforms are classic, and very popular, so I doubt they change.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/56977008807674639554.jpg

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/38377664842795215351.jpg

Very nice unis.

bisonwest
July 5th, 2011, 12:42 PM
NDSU recently did tweaks to its unis, we don't really need new ones as of this moment. We have a nice Nike contract going. The helmet design is perfect the way it is, though too many Bison fans want to bring back the old "Snorty" Bison logo, I disagree with that personally.

New practice jerseys wouldn't hurt though. You can never get enough new practice jerseys.

Snorty was of his time. The current logo is just a newer version of snorty anyways.

I wouldn't be against changing them up a little every few years like Montana.

Bam
July 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
EKU needs to go back to Nike NOW!! New ones are garbage.

The Eagle's Cliff
July 5th, 2011, 12:50 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPPdpEbM27ymr3WCrnxZ4q_ThxTipcG AEt_C8cRSMg8tfSYF95

The simplicity of the Georgia Southern Uni reflects the KISS (keep it simple stupid) philosophy of Erk Russell and the fact that any design on the pants cost more than we could afford in 1982.

Coach Russell was an Auburn Grad, but grew up a 'Bama Fan and Georgia Southern was once known as the Blue Tide, so the Uni design was probably easy to decide on.

Anyone who tries to change this Uniform will be shot, then questioned.

asumike83
July 5th, 2011, 01:21 PM
ASU's unis are the same from the three-peat. They changed ever so slightly after 2005 when they went from Russell unis to Nike. But they were basically identical.

The "gold" ones from last season were a special edition pro-combat jersey from Nike that were auctioned off. The previous year were throwback unis from Jerry Moore's first season. I'm sure if Nike keeps offering, ASU will keep wearing an alternate for one game a year.

Otherwise, I agree about the all black home unis.

I don't mind the occasional combat jersey or throwback, but wearing the gold jerseys at Chattanooga, at home against NC Central and at Western last year was too much. Love the all black home uniforms and black/white road uniforms. Keep it simple.

dgtw
July 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPPdpEbM27ymr3WCrnxZ4q_ThxTipcG AEt_C8cRSMg8tfSYF95

The simplicity of the Georgia Southern Uni reflects the KISS (keep it simple stupid) philosophy of Erk Russell and the fact that any design on the pants cost more than we could afford in 1982.

Coach Russell was an Auburn Grad, but grew up a 'Bama Fan and Georgia Southern was once known as the Blue Tide, so the Uni design was probably easy to decide on.

Amen. The simpler the better for me when it comes to uniforms. Whoever designs Oregon's uniforms needs to be taken out back and shot.

Go...gate
July 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM

Shoot without questions. Finest uniforms in FCS. Don't ever change a thing.

clenz
July 5th, 2011, 02:01 PM
UNI just got new uni's last season so I highly doubt anything new will happen for 2 or 3 years. UNI got new uniforms in 2006 as well.

UNIFanSince1983
July 5th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Best thing that happened to UNI was getting rid of those AWFUL black pants! But like Clenz said we got new ones last year so probably not gonna happen for a few years.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 5th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I disagree. The "throwbacks" from Cat-griz last year were the worst uniform UM has ever had.

They were absolutely horrible and I'm glad you threw throwbacks in quotes because they were most definitely not that.

Griz uni's have been acceptable or pretty good but they are never at a place where I think they are great. At least not since 1995.

Mntneer
July 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I don't mind the occasional combat jersey or throwback, but wearing the gold jerseys at Chattanooga, at home against NC Central and at Western last year was too much. Love the all black home uniforms and black/white road uniforms. Keep it simple.

I know a lot of people were down on them but personally I liked the gold unis last year. Very different and distinctive. While I certainly agree that black should always be the dominant color on an ASU home uniform, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a bit more color on them.

Grizzaholic
July 5th, 2011, 06:57 PM

I always liked the old style....I know I know...they were technically the second ones the University used.

SpeedkingATL
July 5th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I like the all black home uniforms and don't have an issue with 1 "special edition" uniform for 1 game each year. Would love to see a 1 game edition throwback of the old gold pants with black jersey and old gold helmet with old style Yosef as in the mid 70s.

Jacked_Rabbit
July 5th, 2011, 07:31 PM
South Dakota State had changed uniforms periodically until the 2007 season. Since then, we've stuck with our traditional-style, non-flashy Nike uniforms and I can't imagine us changing any time soon.

R3TRO
July 5th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I think UNH needs to go with a solid blue helmet or maybe they should just get rid of the silver altogether since they are the only team to use silver as a primary color.

http://media.masslive.com/republican/photo/8070382-large.jpg

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=hicyA wwRRi21RY6zvd6zT8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYuigrHrk7GT_J4 gO6SiIBtzWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201009/201000911peters_330.jpg

TheBisonator
July 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM
South Dakota State had changed uniforms periodically until the 2007 season. Since then, we've stuck with our traditional-style, non-flashy Nike uniforms and I can't imagine us changing any time soon.

Not to smack, but SDSU's unis seriously look like practice unis. And looking close-up at them, it almost looks to me like the jerseys are made out of the same easy wear-out material that all practice jerseys are made out of.

Putting the lack of any sort of design on those unis aside, what really makes me wonder is the material that they seem to be made out of.

Tribe4SF
July 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I think UNH needs to go with a solid blue helmet or maybe they should just get rid of the silver altogether since they are the only team to use silver as a primary color.

http://media.masslive.com/republican/photo/8070382-large.jpg

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=hicyA wwRRi21RY6zvd6zT8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYuigrHrk7GT_J4 gO6SiIBtzWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201009/201000911peters_330.jpg

ODU with silver as primary.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/76818510195583841383.jpg

TheBisonator
July 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM
ODU's unis look nice. The have the same colors as the colors rumored to be for the new Winnipeg Jets franchise (my fave hockey team).

SF State Gaters
July 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
UC Davis seems to change with some regularity, as does Sac State and Cal Poly to maybe a lesser extent.

As for "New Uniforms," i'd be very enthusiastic to see new football uniforms adopted by any of the following institutions:

San Francisco State University
Chico State
Sonoma State
Cal State-East Bay
Cal State Northridge
Long Beach State
Cal State Fullerton
UC Irvine
UC Santa Barbara
UC Riverside
UC San Diego
University of the Pacific
St. Mary's
Santa Clara
Pepperdine
University of San Francisco
Cal State Bakersfield

etc

Redhawk2010
July 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Best thing that happened to UNI was getting rid of those AWFUL black pants! But like Clenz said we got new ones last year so probably not gonna happen for a few years.

SEMO was wearing straight white pants for awhile! With black jerseys or with the white jerseys. Can you say UGLY?!?! I mean I'm not sure these weren't little league football practice pants... They were BAD.

McNeese75
July 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
McNeese signed with Under Armour last year. Seems UA came calling after a game in Boone the year before :)

bisonwest
July 6th, 2011, 12:05 AM

I agree about those pants. The Sioux wore the same ones a few years back and they were pretty bad. Your new unis are pretty sweet though.

R3TRO
July 6th, 2011, 06:28 AM
ODU with silver as primary.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/76818510195583841383.jpg

Sorry, I was referring to just UNH teams. The football team is the only team at UNH that uses silver as a primary color. All the others are Blue/White with maybe a little silver trim. The hockey team has a 3rd jersey that is all silver but they rarely wear that.

StorminASU
July 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I know a lot of people were down on them but personally I liked the gold unis last year. Very different and distinctive. While I certainly agree that black should always be the dominant color on an ASU home uniform, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a bit more color on them.

The Gold unis weren't my favorite, but I'm with you on not minding some variety. I don't understand why people love plain jerseys like GSU/Alabama have. Evidently I'm in the minority, but I like the jersey options that Oregon's got going on or that Nike offers some schools every year in the Pro Combat series. I would def. love to see the old school Yosef come back. If people love the GSU unis bc of tradition and would never change it, I would say bring old Yosef back and make that our tradition.

JRCA
July 6th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I hope Elon changes their helmet. I'd love to see the flying E, the current helmet is too busy.

Go Phoenix
1980 NAIA National Champions, Football
1981 NAIA National Champions, Football
1982 NAIA National Champions, Golf
1990 NAIA National Champions, Tennis

ElonAlum
July 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I want to see Elon do a throwback uniform with the old Fighting Christians logo just for one game. I think that would look awesome.

jmufan999
July 6th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I know i'm in the minority on this one with JMU fans...

But I wish our uni's said "JMU" or "Dukes" on the front instead of "Madison". JMU used to be called Madison College. That was then, this is now. I didn't attend "Madison", I attended James Madison University. Everything else is fine, although I miss the purple jerseys with gold pants, seems like we don't wear those much anymore.

phoenixphanatic21
July 6th, 2011, 10:33 AM
The Gold unis weren't my favorite, but I'm with you on not minding some variety. I don't understand why people love plain jerseys like GSU/Alabama have. Evidently I'm in the minority, but I like the jersey options that Oregon's got going on or that Nike offers some schools every year in the Pro Combat series.

You're not alone. Those are nice, but they get boring after a while to me. Call it a 'new school' mentality on my part, but I do like some (not all) of Oregon's 57 uni options.

phoenixphanatic21
July 6th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I want to see Elon do a throwback uniform with the old Fighting Christians logo just for one game. I think that would look awesome.

I'd love to see the Fightin' Christians brought back for a day. xthumbsupx

Torgo
July 6th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Was talking about just regular designs, not 'special' designs...but the crap we wore during that game were some of the worst jerseys I've ever seen...any team, any level. Horrific. Thankfully that should be the only time we'll ever see them.

Red & Black
July 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM

"Throwbacks"? And here I thought it was just a Halloween thing.

Red & Black
July 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM
EWU wears a combination of three seperate uniforms.......

The standard "home" red on red uniform......

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/clapincd/10fbwaMitchellBoLevi4136a.jpg

Another "home" black on black uniform......

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/clapincd/MAF2011C035.jpg

There's no real standard "away" uniform, other than the standard white jersey. I've seen them wear the white jersey in conjunction with white, red, and black trousers.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/clapincd/easternunis.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/clapincd/large_MattNichols-1.jpg

The current contract is with Adidas, although I have heard they've been flirting with Nike. Last year they got a sweet offer from Nike, only to get a better one from Adidas. I like the current uni's a lot, but also wouldn't mind seeing what Nike could do.

cannonballgsu
July 6th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Our (GSU) uniforms define us, where we came from, and what we are. I think when we change that, we are no longer Georgia Southern.

Bam
July 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Our (GSU) uniforms define us, where we came from, and what we are. I think when we change that, we are no longer Georgia Southern.

Even in these tough economic times for colleges/universities. What if Nike, Adidas, UA made them an offer they could not refuse?

cannonballgsu
July 6th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Even in these tough economic times for colleges/universities. What if Nike, Adidas, UA made them an offer they could not refuse?

So you mean offer us more complex/expensive uniforms for a cheaper price?

Redhawk2010
July 6th, 2011, 01:38 PM
You're not alone. Those are nice, but they get boring after a while to me. Call it a 'new school' mentality on my part, but I do like some (not all) of Oregon's 57 uni options.

57? Try like 600+ that Oregon has..

Go...gate
July 6th, 2011, 02:52 PM

Each to his own. Penn actually did that - in 1981 they got rid of the jerseys they had worn with the red-and-blue striped sleeves and bit the bullet for dark blue with some red trim. In that case, getting rid of the "old school" was a home run. Colgate's (and Holy Cross's) uniforms were once a lot like GSU's but they are a bit busier now, and Colgate did away with either numbers or a block "C" on the helmet to the "'gate'" emblem.

aceinthehole
July 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
CCSU will be releasing a new athletics logo (getting rid of the cartoon devil) and custom font next month. I know the current helmet logo (interlocking CC) will change, and I assume we'll also have new unis this fall.

SF State Gaters
July 6th, 2011, 05:10 PM
EWU wears a combination of three seperate uniforms.......

Another "home" black on black uniform......

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/clapincd/MAF2011C035.jpg

Digging the black-on-black... reminds me a bit of my favorite international rugby side, the All Blacks... but with helmets.

Red & Black
July 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM
CCSU will be releasing a new athletics logo (getting rid of the cartoon devil) and custom font next month. I know the current helmet logo (interlocking CC) will change, and I assume we'll also have new unis this fall.

Yeah, those are my favorites as well. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with this year.

HailSzczur
July 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I don't think ours will change. I like them alot and we only tend to change uniforms as the school changes the color pallete they are working with. the last one came about 6 years ago and switched navy and white with marroon to the current navy and white with light blue that we have now.

As far as the App St discussion, the all blacks they wore against us in the playoffs were really nice. Their guys looked so much bigger, it was really intimidating to watch.

CropDuster
July 6th, 2011, 10:40 PM

So you mean offer us more complex/expensive uniforms for a cheaper price?

I'm confused too. Our uniforms are Nike now... It was bad enough when thou who shall not be named changed the facemasks from gray and the helmets to gloss navy. No way it would go over changing the entire uniform.

eaglewraith
July 7th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I'm confused too. Our uniforms are Nike now... It was bad enough when thou who shall not be named changed the facemasks from gray and the helmets to gloss navy. No way it would go over changing the entire uniform.

We're already using Nike Pro Combat uniforms too (or an equivalent, I've noticed the uniforms and equipment share a lot in common with the Pro Combat stuff), we just haven't had the "special" one offered to us and if it came out looking like App's did I think there would be a riot in the stadium.

I do wish we'd use the blue pants more. I think it looks better with the away jerseys, provides a little more contrast instead of all white. And as for the helmets in 2006, I can't say I really liked the facemask as much, but that darker blue metallic helmet looked pretty damn sweet.

StorminASU
July 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I don't think ours will change. I like them alot and we only tend to change uniforms as the school changes the color pallete they are working with. the last one came about 6 years ago and switched navy and white with marroon to the current navy and white with light blue that we have now.

As far as the App St discussion, the all blacks they wore against us in the playoffs were really nice. Their guys looked so much bigger, it was really intimidating to watch.

It was only intimidating for spectators then I suppose, haha. Our all black at home is something that shouldn't be messed with color scheme wise, but I would def. be up for seeing a design alternative. Considering we just redid the field with end zones matching what is across the jersey's chest, I doubt a change will come anytime soon.

Bam
July 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM
We're already using Nike Pro Combat uniforms too (or an equivalent, I've noticed the uniforms and equipment share a lot in common with the Pro Combat stuff), we just haven't had the "special" one offered to us and if it came out looking like App's did I think there would be a riot in the stadium.

I do wish we'd use the blue pants more. I think it looks better with the away jerseys, provides a little more contrast instead of all white. And as for the helmets in 2006, I can't say I really liked the facemask as much, but that darker blue metallic helmet looked pretty damn sweet.

That was my point.

EdubAlum
July 7th, 2011, 08:08 AM

I really like the helmets for villanova, its a very nice pearl color blue.looked nice in Cheney at least.

cannonballgsu
July 7th, 2011, 08:12 AM
That was my point.

What's the special one?

Bam
July 7th, 2011, 09:21 AM
What's the special one?

A so called "special order" from Nike making GSU a uniform deal like they did for the Oregon Ducks.

Go...gate
July 7th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I am very glad that Colgate ditched the black pants which they wore in the late 1990's and early 2000's. Just not a good match with Maroon.

Franks Tanks
July 7th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I am very glad that Colgate ditched the black pants which they wore in the late 1990's and early 2000's. Just not a good match with Maroon.

I agree, and please pass this note along to our coach.

I think it's cool that Colgate uses essentially the same uni they did in the 70's. They have the 'gate logo on the helmet, the silver pants with the thick maroon stripe, and a similar jersey. I understand they changed the uniform a bit over the years, but I like the ode to the past.

RichH2
July 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Also like some teams more retro look. Do hope LU abstains as I have never liked the plain Brown & white unis in any of their incarnations. I like the gold accents and pants now used in one form or another.

Tanks ,are Pards using the black pants?

MoreheadEagle
July 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
MSU's home http://www.msueagles.com/images/2010/9/3/rp_primary_HerecomeEagles-W.jpg

and away http://www.msueagles.com/images/2010/9/27/rp_primary_Duzan-W.jpg

I really wish they'd go with blue helmets with the "M" logo instead.

clenz
July 7th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I agree about those pants. The Sioux wore the same ones a few years back and they were pretty bad. Your new unis are pretty sweet though.
I love the white pants look. I really liked the white on white the team pulled against Iowa State last season, however, after the way the team played they went back to the white on purple the rest of the year.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/5849415-WIR-N-Iowa-Iowa-St-Football-09_25_2010-20.14.39-300x216.jpg&sa=X&ei=B9kVTqLNL42osAKqirEv&ved=0CAQQ8wc4IA&usg=AFQjCNGKsREdzmeUgxEIxHichF5bikUX9Q

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/7/b7/158/7b715800-9fd0-5f8d-9ccc-79f7cb743fe4-revisions/4cd5feb2137b3.image.jpg&sa=X&ei=I9kVTpSlCMWGsALdg6B2&ved=0CAQQ8wc4IA&usg=AFQjCNF7Akl5PGQHTydOLcIQ4rydTo8lYw

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wgvak_Sd1hc/TcXGHHDpO6I/AAAAAAAAABc/t8CTkGO5-5M/s748/t%252Bhead4.jpg&sa=X&ei=SdkVTquNNu6LsALex6gz&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHUGboY2MqdKzDq0GcSMdSMRmBY4w

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/649/slideshow_64920/display_image.jpg%3Fx%3D935266&sa=X&ei=mdkVTpf5A8uqsALf8K1R&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Qw&usg=AFQjCNHMMnl7U6D99kozJi1CI0XX8BLA_g

eaglewraith
July 7th, 2011, 11:17 AM
What's the special one?

Like the Pro Combat versions you see at several schools each season that they wear for a special game. Look at the uniforms VT and Boise wore in the Kickoff Classic game last year, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

If Nike did something like that with us, Phil Knight would come home to find his house in ruins.

Silenoz
July 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Well he was referring to our last 3 main series of uniforms. The copper and gold was 5 designs ago

And for what it's worth I think our current jerseys are 2nd only to our '07-'09 design all-time

To answer the thread question, no, not for 2 more years. But rumor has it we'll be rolling out an alternate or two this year

Go...gate
July 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I agree, and please pass this note along to our coach.

I think it's cool that Colgate uses essentially the same uni they did in the 70's. They have the 'gate logo on the helmet, the silver pants with the thick maroon stripe, and a similar jersey. I understand they changed the uniform a bit over the years, but I like the ode to the past.

Fred Dunlap's doing. Colgate wore uniforms in that style in the '40's and early '50's.

Redhawk2010
July 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I love the white pants look. I really liked the white on white the team pulled against Iowa State last season, however, after the way the team played they went back to the white on purple the rest of the year.

I can't stand white pants. Just don't like them.. not for football. And I actually don't like wearing any "all ____" with the possible exception of all black. But only if the team's main colors include black.

bojeta
July 7th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Love Cal Poly's current Home unis, but I sort of wish Cal Poly would go back to the Away uni's of `08. All they did was opt to use the Home pants at both Home and Away games. Looks OK, but I like the white pants with green stripe better.
2008 VS Wisconsin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/CPWisconsin3.jpg
2010 VS Fresno State
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/CPFresno105.jpg

Franks Tanks
July 7th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Also like some teams more retro look. Do hope LU abstains as I have never liked the plain Brown & white unis in any of their incarnations. I like the gold accents and pants now used in one form or another.

Tanks ,are Pards using the black pants?

We've worn pretty much every combination available to us at least once. I like the black pants with our white jerseys, but not with the maroon or black. We once wore maroon jerseys and black pants-- terrible. I think we also once broke out black jerseys and maroon pants-- equally ugly.

Go...gate
July 7th, 2011, 01:35 PM
If you have a relatively dark primary color (as Colgate and Lafayette both have with their deep Maroon), you almost have to have a relatively light contrasting color.

RichH2
July 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Some people like the solid one color uniforms. Can be impressive. I am not such a fan . Jokes to the side, imagine LU in all dark brown ( which many Pard fans already do) Ugh! Altho not a big fan of Lu's newest unis , bland very bland but better than the old brown and white from my era

MSUBear42
July 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Some people like the solid one color uniforms. Can be impressive. I am not such a fan . Jokes to the side, imagine LU in all dark brown ( which many Pard fans already do) Ugh! Altho not a big fan of Lu's newest unis , bland very bland but better than the old brown and white from my era

These are our uniform possibilities to chose from, I'm not a fan of the maroon home uniforms with maroon pants.
http://daabears.com/2011%20Season/Spring%20Ball%20Pics/Full%20Size/27c.jpg

We usually went with this last year:
http://www.missouristatebears.com//pics31/400/XV/XVRBQMAFOXDSISR.20101023221026.jpg

Silenoz
July 7th, 2011, 02:59 PM

I think it works really with white or black

...uh, lettering color notwithstanding...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cKn5r80J40cQ/x610.jpg
http://www.40acressports.com/images/texas_uniforms.jpg
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/missoulian.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/3/ef/34e/3ef34e1a-f511-11df-a1ea-001cc4c03286-revisions/4ce87a1dd61f6.image.jpg

URMite
July 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM

GSU should change uniforms, right after Delaware changes helmets...

ekufbfan
July 8th, 2011, 10:52 PM
EKU needs new ones badly, I appreciate simplicity and using only your school colors. But last years unis were UGLY, the lettering looked like it was put on with masking tape. Please let there be new unis in Richmond this year!!!

aceinthehole
July 14th, 2011, 10:24 AM
CCSU's new look will be unveiled August 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv_8jk7Q-ig&feature=channel_video_title

TheRevSFA
July 14th, 2011, 11:55 AM
If I were to hope for us..getting rid of the red accents and going either Purple and White or Purple, Black and White..