PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Leading Rusher Eskridge Granted Release

Gil Dobie
July 1st, 2011, 08:05 AM
Is he a possibility for Sac St or UCD?

STrib Link (http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/Gridiron_Gold.html)
DeLeon Eskridge, Minnesota's leading rusher last season, will not return to the Gophers for his senior season.

The 21-year-old running back, who gained 698 yards and seven touchdowns on the ground last season, both tops on the Gophers, has been granted a release from his scholarship, the university announced Friday. Eskridge asked for his release in order to deal with a family situation and intends to transfer to a school closer to his San Francisco home.
"He and I both felt it was in his best interest to make this decision," coach Jerry Kill said.

lucchesicourt
July 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
I hope he is academically qualified for UCD and has a desire to play here. UCD could certainly use help in the running game. We are a little closer to San Fran than Sac State too. But, if he qualifies for UCD, then he would also have the choices of attending Cal and maybe Stanford as both are closer to San Fran than either UCD or Sac State.

bojeta
July 1st, 2011, 03:59 PM
I hope he is academically qualified for UCD and has a desire to play here. UCD could certainly use help in the running game. We are a little closer to San Fran than Sac State too. But, if he qualifies for UCD, then he would also have the choices of attending Cal and maybe Stanford as both are closer to San Fran than either UCD or Sac State.

I'm not sure, but I thought he would have to choose an FCS school if he wanted to be eligible this year. Hey, Poly isn't too far from SF!! :) Of course we still have the same academic question. If his grades aren't good, Sac is probably the only option. That's not a slam on Sac. They're a great school, but Davis and Poly have very high academic standards.