PDA

View Full Version : NDSU extends Coach Bohl's contract through 2016

DJKyR0
June 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/325179/group/homepage/

Coach Bohl's got this program headed in the right direction. Great sign, IMO.

Pretty good incentive ($10,000) for when he brings the MVFC crown to Fargo.

Redbird Ray
June 29th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Seems like aside from a bit of a hiccup in 08 and 09, he's had the program winning and competitive during his tenure. A five year contract for a guy that was almost run out of town at this time last year does seem kind of generous though.

darell1976
June 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/325179/group/homepage/

Coach Bohl's got this program headed in the right direction. Great sign, IMO.

Pretty good incentive ($10,000) for when he brings the MVFC crown to Fargo.

Would you say he is a better coach than Rocky Hager was at NDSU?? I think he ranks towards the top.

DJKyR0
June 29th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Would you say he is a better coach than Rocky Hager was at NDSU?? I think he ranks towards the top.

Hager's my #1 on a list of very good coaches because of the championship-caliber teams he seemed to always field. Bohl doesn't look to be headed anywhere and his tenure is one of (if not THE) longest held by a Bison head coach. A 61-30 record is pretty indicative of a darn good coach and I think the fact that people are talking about NDSU in the national spotlight so soon after the transition and the stumble coming out of the gate speaks for Bohl's ability to lead a program.

A lot of great coaches have come through here, and admittedly I'm not the best person to ask, but I'm a big Bohl supporter and will be as long as he chooses to coach our team.

Gil Dobie
June 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Hager's my #1 on a list of very good coaches because of the championship-caliber teams he seemed to always field. Bohl doesn't look to be headed anywhere and his tenure is one of (if not THE) longest held by a Bison head coach. A 61-30 record is pretty indicative of a darn good coach and I think the fact that people are talking about NDSU in the national spotlight so soon after the transition and the stumble coming out of the gate speaks for Bohl's ability to lead a program.

A lot of great coaches have come through here, and admittedly I'm not the best person to ask, but I'm a big Bohl supporter and will be as long as he chooses to coach our team.

I would put Don Morton in there because he brought championships back into Bison football. Solomon's teams were basically Morton's, as we learned when he went to Montana St. Darrell Mudra started the whole thing back in the early 1960's, and he would be #1, IMO.

leatherneck177
June 30th, 2011, 03:10 PM
The same Mudra that was at Western? I don't recall, was he at WIU before or after NDSU? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gil Dobie
June 30th, 2011, 03:31 PM
The same Mudra that was at Western? I don't recall, was he at WIU before or after NDSU? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Same Mudra, went to Arizona after NDSU, then WIU, then Florida St, E Illinois and finally UNI

Twentysix
June 30th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I would put Don Morton in there because he brought championships back into Bison football. Solomon's teams were basically Morton's, as we learned when he went to Montana St. Darrell Mudra started the whole thing back in the early 1960's, and he would be #1, IMO.

How about Gil Dobie. :Hide:

Isn't dobie considered one of the best coaches of all time, not limited to at NDSU.

@ NDSU he was undefeated for the 2 years he coached here.

182-45-15 isn't to bad.

Dobie achieved his greatest success at the University of Washington, where he had a remarkable 58–0–3 record. During his tenure, Washington had a 39-game winning streak, which is the second longest in NCAA Division I-A football history.[1] His coaching career at Washington also comprised virtually all of Washington's 63-game unbeaten streak — still a college football record.[2][3]

TheBisonator
June 30th, 2011, 03:55 PM
In the 2012 season, Bohl will surpass Rocky as the longest tenured NDSU head coach. This season will be Bohl's 10th, Rocky coached for 10 seasons from 1987-1996. Bohl will undoubtedly (barring any type of disaster in the program) become the most tenured.