PDA

View Full Version : YSU Getting 'Pumped' for Spring

TexasTerror
March 14th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Cap'n is probably going to have something clever to say to this post, but Youngstown St's football team has obviously made a huge commitment to strength and conditioning as they inch closer to the beginning of spring drills as they try to get back into the I-AA playoffs.

Strength and conditioning is a big deal that is typically overlooked and the Penguins are seemingly showing a great deal of commitment to it this offseason...
------
Football: Numbers Impressive During Strength and Conditioning Testing

Youngstown – The Youngstown State football team recently concluded an impressive eight-week pre-Spring Camp strength and conditioning session that culminated with 263 personal bests being set during the team's skills testing last week.

Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Todd Burkey said the Penguins worked extremely hard during each session and are in great physical shape entering Spring ball.

"Since I have been here, the numbers this group established during testing are by far the most impressive," Burkey said. "Hopefully we can continue this momentum through spring football and work just as hard over the summer because this team has a lot to prove come September."

Five categories were challenged during the testing -- bench press, squat, clean, three-lift total (bench, squat and clean) and vertical jump. Of the 73 individuals who participated in the workout sessions, a total of 263 personal bests were established out of a total of 344 tests (76.4 percent). Some individuals were held out of certain tests for various reasons.

Setting position records were fullback Regis Edgerson, tailback Monquantae Gibson, wide receiver Tariq Goode, quarterback Vince Gliatta, defensive lineman Jim Phelan, defensive back Chris Goffer and linebacker Jeremiah Wright.

http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/2005/conditioning.htm

Pard94
March 14th, 2006, 11:42 AM
YSU aspires to be Lafayette.

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2006, 11:59 AM
"Getting big" doesn't help you win football games my friends

bandl
March 14th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Cap'n is probably going to have something clever to say to this post, but Youngstown St's football team has obviously made a huge commitment to strength and conditioning as they inch closer to the beginning of spring drills as they try to get back into the I-AA playoffs.

Strength and conditioning is a big deal that is typically overlooked and the Penguins are seemingly showing a great deal of commitment to it this offseason...
------
Football: Numbers Impressive During Strength and Conditioning Testing

Youngstown – The Youngstown State football team recently concluded an impressive eight-week pre-Spring Camp strength and conditioning session that culminated with 263 personal bests being set during the team's skills testing last week.

Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Todd Burkey said the Penguins worked extremely hard during each session and are in great physical shape entering Spring ball.

"Since I have been here, the numbers this group established during testing are by far the most impressive," Burkey said. "Hopefully we can continue this momentum through spring football and work just as hard over the summer because this team has a lot to prove come September."

Five categories were challenged during the testing -- bench press, squat, clean, three-lift total (bench, squat and clean) and vertical jump. Of the 73 individuals who participated in the workout sessions, a total of 263 personal bests were established out of a total of 344 tests (76.4 percent). Some individuals were held out of certain tests for various reasons.

Setting position records were fullback Regis Edgerson, tailback Monquantae Gibson, wide receiver Tariq Goode, quarterback Vince Gliatta, defensive lineman Jim Phelan, defensive back Chris Goffer and linebacker Jeremiah Wright.

http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/2005/conditioning.htm

What are you saying...YSU is on 'roids??? TT, now you're posting on the Gateway Conference?? Get a life!!! :confused:

:rotateh: :rotateh:

xlolx xlolx

;) ;)

FlyYtown
March 14th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Well the other day our beat guy--- Pete Mollica did a story in the Vindicator on the Penguins in 2006, and everything he said makes us that much better than last year. Our biggest loss is our LONG SNAPPER!

I will try to post that later.

nlwwln
March 14th, 2006, 04:28 PM
"Getting big" doesn't help you win football games my friends
it sure doesnt hurt

TexasTerror
March 14th, 2006, 10:41 PM
What are you saying...YSU is on 'roids??? TT, now you're posting on the Gateway Conference?? Get a life!!! :confused:

I must have a thing against Penguins now, eh? :rolleyes: