PDA

View Full Version : Florida St RB Transferring I-AA

TexasTerror
March 14th, 2006, 07:14 AM
One player that wasn't on the field with the Seminoles Monday was sophomore running back Lamar Louis. Bowden said Louis has decided to transfer to a Division I-AA football program.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/03/13/bc.fbc.floridast.practi.ap/

Looked him up and found out the following:

Played sparingly. Got in 10 games in 2005 but was limited to nine carries for 50 yards. Also did some kickoff duties returning kickoffs for 19.7 yards per return. As a freshman, played in seven games, got some more ball time, but nothing special (high was six carries for 23 yards against Duke). His HS credentials are being a three-star player by Rivals.com and the No. 24 rated all-purpose back in the country. ...fourth rated running back in the Tallahassee Democrat Sunshine 75.

He picked picked Florida State over Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and Florida.

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Not many 3 star guys end up playing at FSU. Good move on his part.

GannonFan
March 14th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Following UD's well-publicized incident the other week, one of the players involved was a back-up RB to incumbent starter Omar Cuff - KC Keeler said afterward that UD would actually consider a RB transfer - no idea if this guy would even be considered by UD is in the market for a transfer RB now.

Cocky
March 14th, 2006, 08:36 AM
He could come to JSU and fight for 4th or 5th string.

ChickenMan
March 14th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Following UD's well-publicized incident the other week, one of the players involved was a back-up RB to incumbent starter Omar Cuff - KC Keeler said afterward that UD would actually consider a RB transfer - no idea if this guy would even be considered by UD is in the market for a transfer RB now.

I seriously doubt that the FSU guy would be interested in transfering to I-AA school where he would likely backup the firmly established starter for the next two seasons.

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I seriously doubt that the FSU guy would be interested in transfering to I-AA school where he would likely backup the firmly established starter for the next two seasons.

agreed, if he is leaving FSU, he wants to start, he could sit on the pine at FSU, this kid wants to play, and those are the kids that usually do the best, the ones that have been shunned by others

mainejeff
March 14th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Delaware, UMass, or JMU?

UNH 40
March 14th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Delaware, UMass, or JMU?

UNH would be another good fit with the departer of John MaCoy. although they do have some good looking youngsters.

GannonFan
March 14th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Delaware, UMass, or JMU?

With Montell Owens gone would Maine be a good fit for him???

Blueandwhitefightfight
April 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Georgia Southern. He has been hanging out at our spring practices for the past couple days.

Blueandwhitefightfight
April 6th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Georgia Southern. He was at Spring Practice. Hrmm...

PapaBear
April 6th, 2006, 02:30 PM
With Montell Owens gone would Maine be a good fit for him???

Possibly. But Maine has several very solid kids waiting for their shot. This kid wouldn't just stroll in and take over, I don't care where he came from.

eagleskins
April 6th, 2006, 06:16 PM
He's going to GSU.

Bearkats94
April 6th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Well SHSU is in the market for a RB.

BigPapi
April 7th, 2006, 02:33 AM
its Lewis. And he can play. Had no choice but to leave though. Florida St is utterly loaded at running back.

kats89
April 7th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Well SHSU is in the market for a RB.

Yes, SHSU could use a RB. The head coach even made the comment they might look at some transfer RB's if it is an option. We graduated 2 solid RB's last year and now have one senior, a soph (who appears to be hurt) and 2 red shirt freshman.

gasouthern01
April 7th, 2006, 08:37 AM
No one seems to be listening to my 2 fellow Eagles, he is already at GSU and will be a solid guy in our backfield!

bryan92
April 7th, 2006, 09:29 AM
No one seems to be listening to my 2 fellow Eagles, he is already at GSU and will be a solid guy in our backfield!
He is not already at GSU, but did visit. Just to clear that up.