PDA

View Full Version : Gatewaynation.com

D1B
March 12th, 2006, 11:03 PM
New site dedicated to Gateway Football. Thanks Ralph for letting me post this link.:)

www.gatewaynation.com

March 12th, 2006, 11:05 PM
It's still an infant so all GFC fans may help it grow. Don't forget to share topics with the lil ol' national AGS board though... :nod:

Like www.panthernation.com ... maybe the Cap'n will share his wealth there too? Ya think?

FlyYtown
March 13th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Well for one you won't see me join nor many other Penguin Fans.....We got our home over at ysupenguins.com and we don't need a change.

March 13th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Aren't you the guy who tried to start a "1aa" national board that was going to "bury AGS" last year? Aren't you the guy who has a signature picture that links to http://www.eguins.frihost.net/boards/index.php which is not ysupenguins.com, and the account there has been suspended?

Are you now speaking for Penguin fans?

ysupenguins.com is a school board, www.gatewaynation.com is a conference board.

I-AA Fan
March 13th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Not trying to overide anyone else, but www.thegatewayconnection.com is a GFC site and also has a board. Has been around for years. Yes, www.ysupenguins.com is a fan site for YSU, and also has a board. FlyYtown is good Penguin and I-AA fan, every school here should have fans that devoted. Fly, give them a link to your airport site ...it is very well done.

FlyYtown
March 13th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Aren't you the guy who tried to start a "1aa" national board that was going to "bury AGS" last year? Aren't you the guy who has a signature picture that links to http://www.eguins.frihost.net/boards/index.php which is not ysupenguins.com, and the account there has been suspended?

Are you now speaking for Penguin fans?

ysupenguins.com is a school board, www.gatewaynation.com is a conference board.

There a reason I began that site and it wasn't to bury this site. It was to try to get equality and fairness among the I-AA nation so fans wouldn't be insulted by people like capn crunch or others.

Sure my sigs may have had links but they were to YSU Sites. If I'd join any board it be I-AA Fan. It's been there forever but noone knows enough about it.

This site is ANTI-Youngstown.. Always has been for the time I have read it. We get no respect and will get no respect on this new board, the only board with respect for YSU Sports is our own. Is it jealously of our great history? I don't know.... but anywhere I go it doesn't stop.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I-AA Fan
March 13th, 2006, 05:50 PM
I think as long as any site supports I-AA, and projects it in a positive light, the more the merrier.

March 13th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Your current sig has a link to a board that is not run by I-AA Fan. His site is the only one linked in the Fan Zone for YSU, people know about it.

Relax son, no need to insult "capn crunch". AGS is not anti-YSU. You sound rather paranoid... "anywhere I go it doesn't stop"

BTW, you said you were going to "bury AGS."

Reed Rothchild
March 13th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks for letting the link be posted here Ralph. Now I have 3 boards to check during football season.

FlyYtown
March 13th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Your current sig has a link to a board that is not run by I-AA Fan. His site is the only one linked in the Fan Zone for YSU, people know about it.

Relax son, no need to insult "capn crunch". AGS is not anti-YSU. You sound rather paranoid... "anywhere I go it doesn't stop"

BTW, you said you were going to "bury AGS."

YSUPENGUINS.COM is the home of Penguin Fans. I will leave it at that. I am not going to relax. Last year Penguins Fans like myself were made fun of and downed because we were infact Penguin Fans. I was pissed off and your site has the lack of moderation to stop it. I am not paranoid. Its a fact, if i join that site Cap'N Uni and Comp. will make fun of me like here because I am a Penguin Fan. Last year was bad enough because the I-AA screwed us over, but when we reminisce our past, o I would love to come here and shove it in your faces, BUT I WON'T!

And if I said bury AGS, which I didn't, this is exactly why.

:nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

March 13th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Relax, I respect the Penguins! All last year Y S U was in the I-AA WAVES opening. Youngstown State is a pride point of I-AA. Like I-AA Fan said, the more boards the better!

Cap'n Cat
March 13th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Not trying to overide anyone else, but www.thegatewayconnection.com is a GFC site and also has a board. Has been around for years.

Turned into a ghost town, though, Fan. Why?

It used to CRAWL with people having fun. Now, it's the cyber equivalent of Flint, MI.

:)

March 13th, 2006, 06:27 PM
It used to CRAWL with people having fun. Now, it's the cyber equivalent of Flint, MI.Hey lay off Flint, buster.

Cap'n Cat
March 13th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Hey lay off Flint, buster.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The Gateway Connection was good at first, but overzealous moderation took over and it turned into the vacant parking lot it is today. I remember dozens and dozens and dozens of people having fun in there! I think a couple members got more popular than the Moderator and that could not be.

:nono:

Reed Rothchild
March 13th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Some of the penguin fans on ysupenguins.net think its a front for UNI. We actually have our own board to do that.

FlyYtown
March 13th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Ralph.. Now your joining the ridiculous members club... Good for you.

Reed. It's practically run by everyone who runs PANTHER NATION, Note the name: GATEWAY NATION

leatherneck177
March 13th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Either way, that is ridiculous that YSU fans would even want to stick to their own board. We all follow the ENTIRE Gateway because we all play the ENTIRE Gateway. So why not share topics and info?

March 13th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Ralph.. Now your joining the ridiculous members club... Good for you. Reed. It's practically run by everyone who runs PANTHER NATION, Note the name: GATEWAY NATIONReally, this is getting out of hand. Everyone is against YSU in your mind, everyone is conspiring against the Penguins... AGS and now this new fan board. Geez... THEY'RE EVERYWHERE THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

blukeys
March 13th, 2006, 09:45 PM
There a reason I began that site and it wasn't to bury this site. It was to try to get equality and fairness among the I-AA nation so fans wouldn't be insulted by people like capn crunch or others.

Sure my sigs may have had links but they were to YSU Sites. If I'd join any board it be I-AA Fan. It's been there forever but noone knows enough about it.

This site is ANTI-Youngstown.. Always has been for the time I have read it. We get no respect and will get no respect on this new board, the only board with respect for YSU Sports is our own. Is it jealously of our great history? I don't know.... but anywhere I go it doesn't stop.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I will check your site and you are wrong to state that this entire board is anti-Youngstown.

I have always respected YSU and their accomplishments. I have only been critical of YSU because they ditched 2 years of a 4 year agreement with UD after UD won the first two matchups. This was during the Tressel era and as far as I am concerned we can all start from day one.:) :)

There are three areas of respect.

One is for the football team. I, personally have had enormous respect for the YSU program going back to the first time I saw them in a 1974 playoff game. The team I saw was hard hitting and tough but clean. The matchups after that between our two schools were of the same caliber. I have seen nothing but tough hard clean play from YSU football. I looked forward to seeing games between 2 tough as nails teams.

The second area of respect is for YSU fans that I have met personally. They have been nothing but great and respectful fans. I learned much from them about other Mid West teams, venues, fans, and the knowledge of UD in their part of the world. I was and am very appreciative of their input and camaraderie.

The third area of respect is for those who post on this board. In my opinion this is one area that YSU has suffered. There were some members who have invited attacks on themselves and thus the program by posting without thinking. One can't help but notice that there are individuals out there (especially from other Gateway teams) who accept this opening and are more than willing to pummel YSU further.

I don't know how I would respond if Cap'n Cat was a Nova fan. But I know I would not respond the way YSU fans have. :nono: :nono:

When your school has 4 I-AA NC's and UNI has none but the Cap'n gets your goat then something is wrong with YOUR RESPONSE.

I do not have any vested interest in this quarrel. I come to this board to learn and I do appreciate that there is another board that can give me more info about an important I-AA team.

nmatsen
March 14th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Maybe if you didn't take such a "i'm taking my ball and going home" attitude last year when the guins were left out of the play-offs we would not have poked fun.
PS. How did you guys do in the MAC basketball tourney?

igo4uni
March 15th, 2006, 12:08 AM

It used to CRAWL with people having fun. Now, it's the cyber equivalent of Flint, MI.

:)

I know why............Cap'n (C3P-0) got booted.:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

carney2
March 15th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Really, this is getting out of hand. Everyone is against YSU in your mind, everyone is conspiring against the Penguins... AGS and now this new fan board. Geez... THEY'RE EVERYWHERE THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

Paranoia reigns. But, as they say, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you. In this case, however, it's all self-inflicted. C'mon, Penguins, shape up! Revel in your storied past and inevitable glorius future, but stop whining and, for God's sake, end the self promotion and the self indulgence. A playoff bid is not a YSU birthright. YSU has become the "quick to elicit a chuckle" joke at this site. End it by, in the future, thinking before your little Penguin wing hits the "send" button.

Is this smack? I hope not. It is merely intended as friendly commentary/advice - and a hope that the creation of the new "All Penguins All the Time" site will not make you strangers around here.

AppGuy04
March 15th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Nobody is against YSU, they made fun of you b/c you acted like a 2 year old when their toy is taken away.