PDA

View Full Version : Another FCS player not representing well. I know they're all kids, but...

bojeta
June 14th, 2011, 11:30 AM
...they've got to start getting a grip on their behavior!! Especially when you're relatively high profile. Nate Montana get DUI in Montana

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-06-03/nate-montana-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl12|sec3_lnk1|68000

Grizzaholic
June 14th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Old news. Multiple threads around FCS about it. He wasn't going to play QB anyways.

bojeta
June 14th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Old news. Multiple threads around FCS about it. He wasn't going to play QB anyways.

Ya... didn't figure he had much chance of getting the starting spot. We had one of our players in the same predicament recently. I'm just getting tired of hearing about all this crap when I'm telling my students how great FCS football is. At least they're not one of the several FCS players involved in shooting incidents this year! And of course, I'm totally aware that FBS has had more than their share as well.

The Eagle's Cliff
June 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
MADD - Mothers Against Drunk Drivers is obviously successful. I wish we had Mothers Against: Rapists, Burglars, Murderers, Lawyers, and Politicians. Then maybe we'd really feel safe.

Grizzaholic
June 14th, 2011, 04:49 PM
MADD - Mothers Against Drunk Drivers is obviously successful. I wish we had Mothers Against: Rapists, Burglars, Murderers, Lawyers, and Politicians. Then maybe we'd really feel safe.

MADD is a ****ed up thing. Bunch of wackjobs.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
He got in trouble as do all the athletes in the same predicament. It's always kinda funny to me though that this is something that brings about a lot of attention and so forth as if it is not a part of what we all experienced through someone we either were or knew back in college.

If it's an ongoing pattern then I can see giving it some attention but if it's a one off thing which the majority of these things are then I really couldn't give a FF.

If you were to compare the student athletes run ins with the law to the general population of any Universtity I'll bet it's less or fairly similar in spite of the fact that their grades are normally higher, their grad rates are normally higher, and they actually put in a lot of time & effort above and beyond what the normal student does.

If you hear of something like this happening to a student on acedemic scholarship would you give a crap? maybe a little but not nearly as much as everybody seems to about athletes.

If we're gonna be fair about it we really need to single out each and every college student that gets the DUI, the drug possession, and so forth.

Young people do dumb ****, it's in their nature as we all know and remember.

HannahO
June 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Before the 1980s, drinking and driving was how people got home. Alcohol was involved in nearly 60 percent of fatal crashes and took an annual 30,000 death toll. In 1980, a mother whose 13 year old daughter was struck by a drunk driver and thrown 125 feet to her death found out that there was little or no penalty for drunk driving and in fact it was treated with a nod and wink and out of her grief and outrage a movement was formed ... A group of mothers took on a powerful industry that put profit over safety. They challenged a society that viewed drinking and driving as acceptable—even laughable. They made the statistics come to life with pictures of their loved ones and the rest is history. So get a cab, have a designated driver, and pray that you and your family never experience the grief that results from a DUI related crisis. Getting cited for a DUI is a wake up call for Mr. Montana and hopefully he will respond appropriately.

Grizzaholic
June 14th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Before the 1980s, drinking and driving was how people got home. Alcohol was involved in nearly 60 percent of fatal crashes and took an annual 30,000 death toll. In 1980, a mother whose 13 year old daughter was struck by a drunk driver and thrown 125 feet to her death found out that there was little or no penalty for drunk driving and in fact it was treated with a nod and wink and out of her grief and outrage a movement was formed ... A group of mothers took on a powerful industry that put profit over safety. They challenged a society that viewed drinking and driving as acceptable—even laughable. They made the statistics come to life with pictures of their loved ones and the rest is history. So get a cab, have a designated driver, and pray that you and your family never experience the grief that results from a DUI related crisis. Getting cited for a DUI is a wake up call for Mr. Montana and hopefully he will respond appropriately.

Cool story bro.

Wildcat80
June 15th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Thank goodness I did not go to school today....alot more fun when this was less of an issue. We had no rules against drinking during the season---and did! After one away game where we stayed overnight we even went drinking at a bowling alley in Ohio with asst coaches! Good times!

The Eagle's Cliff
June 15th, 2011, 05:38 AM
MADD is a ****ed up thing. Bunch of wackjobs.

xthumbsupx