PDA

View Full Version : TxSt Bobcats Complete 1st Scrimmage - Who's Replacing Nealy?

TexasTerror
March 9th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Chase Wasson had a nice game, showing he can run the ball as well as pass it. Bradley George, a freshman, in the Chris Weinke mold (had a great HS career, went to minors and came back to college football) had some great stats. One of these two should be the front-runner to replace Barrick Nealy. Of course, Daniel Ramirez, a transfer from Purdue is getting loads of run as well...

SAN MARCOS - Texas State closed out the first half of spring drills Thursday with a scrimmage which covered 96 plays plus special teams work.

Returning quarterback Chase Wasson completed 7-of-11 passes for 56 yards and ran for another 36 yards, including a 25-yard touchdown run while red-shirt freshman Bradley George completed 4-of-6 passes for 89 yards. George hooked up with sophomore receiver Adrian Thomas for touchdown passes of 60 and 20 yards.

Thomas walked onto the Texas State program last year and gained more playing time as the 2005 season progressed. He had a 42-yard touchdown reception in the Bobcats' Division I-AA playoff game against Northern Iowa.

Texas State will resume spring camp March 20th as the team will have a week off for spring break. On their return, Texas State third-year coach David Bailiff will be looking for stronger leadership from the team's seniors.

http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030906aaa.html

kats89
March 11th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I don't see Wasson being their QB. Just my opinion.

TexasTerror
March 11th, 2006, 11:42 AM

I'll be interested to see if they work him out at WR in the leadup to the season. I think you are right. George and Ramirez could and should both be higher up than him on the depth chart...

kats89
March 11th, 2006, 05:18 PM
I'll be interested to see if they work him out at WR in the leadup to the season. I think you are right. George and Ramirez could and should both be higher up than him on the depth chart...

He was playing WR last year.

blackfordpu
March 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM

Well he can run so he is a duel threat like Nealy was. It will all depend on which way they want the offense to go this season.:)