PDA

View Full Version : Early 2011 Predictions for your team

bjtheflamesfan
June 4th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I thought after I accidentally thought (much like Grizza) that there was a section predicting your team's results for the season (only to discover it was in the GWFC section), I thought Id launch one for the rest of us. In that vein I'll post my predictions to kick things off:

09/03 - 6:00 PM - @ N.C. State Liberty has shown that they can play well with I-A/FBS teams. The Flames have not lost by more than 13 points to an FBS school since 2006 (Danny Rocco's first year). With the change at QB for the Pack I think that LU has a chance for an upset here if they can keep them from running the ball. I'll pick a loss here but itll be a close one NCSU 31 LU 24 0-1

09/10 - 7:00 PM - Robert Morris The Flames lost up in PA on a late touchdown and will be looking to avenge that loss in front of a no doubt raucous Williams Stadium crowd. LU hasnt lost a home opener since 2002 and has scored at least 40 points in the last 9 home games...I think LU gets a solid win here LU 42 RMU 28 1-1

09/17 - 7:00 PM - James Madison Last time these two teams played in Lynchburg was probably one of the wettest games in recent memory save the St Pauls game in 2006. These two teams have played close games in both previous meetings and more of the same is expected here. JMU has given the Flames their only other home loss in the last three seasons (the other being Lafayette in 2008). I'll call an LU win but itll be a defensive struggle once again LU 17 JMU 13 2-1

09/24 - 12:30 PM - @ Lehigh This is the last game in a key opening stretch for Liberty. a win here probably sets up a pretty good OOC resume to show to the selection committee when it comes to an at-large bid (although Im sure LU is tired of sharing at this point) I'll call a Liberty win but in another close game Liberty 24 Lehigh 21 3-1

10/01 - 7:00 PM - Kentucky Wesleyan Liberty hasnt lost to a sub Division I team in a very long time...1993 to be precise (to IUP) that wont change this weekend LU 54 KWC 10 4-1
10/08 - 6:00 PM - @ Gardner-Webb Liberty has won the last 4 meetings by an average of 25 points. The Runnin Bulldogs have a new coach and with it a new attitude. I expect a good game but LU pulls away late LU 35 G-W 21 5-1 (1-0)

10/15 - 3:30 PM - Coastal Carolina (Homecoming) Coastal spoiled LU's chance to crash the playoff party last year with a solid win in Conway. After the last loss to the Chants, LU ran off three straight wins, two by double digits. CCU hasnt won in Lynchburg since 2005. If this game is anything like the 2009 meeting, this one will be over by the end of the third quarter. I look for a good game though with LU coming out on top to please the alumni in town LU 42 CCU 34 6-1 (2-0)

10/22 - 1:30 PM - @ Charleston Southern The Bucs have had their share of up and down seasons...usually with more down than up..after winning two of three to open 2010, CSU lost their next 6 games...all by double figures. But the last time these two met in Charleston, the Bucs were one pass inside the red zone away from forcing overtime. LU wins this one but I expect another close game LU 28 CSU 24 7-1 (3-0)

10/29 - 3:30 PM - Presbyterian While the Blue Hose have given the Flames fits down in Clinton (including a 31-28 upset win in Clinton in 2008 which Flames fans are still seething over), it hasnt been that close in Lynchburg. LU has won both previous meetings inside Williams Stadium by an average of 35 points (including a 55-19 shellacking in 2009). If the same team that lost by only 10 last year shows up, this could be a good game...if its the same team that showed up in 2009...not even William Wallace can save them...LU 35 PC 21 8-1 (4-0)

11/05 - 3:30 PM - VMI The Keydets went through some growing pains adjusting from a triple option offense winning three games and reaching double figures in only four total. The Roos havent won in Lynchburg since 2005 and the one time they cracked 20 points in the last three meetings on LU's home turf (2007), LU nearly set a school record for points in a game (73). In fact, in the four meetings between the two in Lynchburg, VMI has only scored 20 or more points twice: 2003 and 2007...they lost both times. I dont expect a result like 2009 here but the Flames win solidly LU 35 VMI 17 9-1 (5-0)

11/12 - ........... - Bye

11/19 - 1:00 PM - @ Stony Brook This is THE game in conference this year for Liberty...last time these two met on Long Island, the Seawolves sunk the Flames with a late TD and forged a tie for the Big South in the last season before the conference received an automatic bid to the playoffs. If LU has a performance in the whole game like they had in the second half in Lynchburg last season, there wont be any late heroics...just LU hoisting the Big South trophy for the fifth straight year and first time outright since 2008. LU takes this one in a shootout LU 49 SBU 46 10-1 (6-0)

The big stretch is going to be those opening four games (@ NCSU, vs. RMU, vs. JMU and @ Lehigh) If the Flames come out of that stretch 3-1 or 4-0, itll send a very strong message to the NCAA selection committee when it comes time for at-large consideration.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 5th, 2011, 04:34 AM
SEP. 3 at Washington - I can't wait for this game. UW is definitely on the rise in the Pac 10/12 under Sarkesian, but may suffer a setback after losing half their OL and of course Jake Locker. EWU returns 15/22 starters from a National Championship team, and a pair of UW transfers in DT Andru Pulu and RB Demetrius Bronson. Our DL should be able to give UW's OL all they can handle and create some pressure for either Keith Price or Nick Montana. I think this will be a much closer game than many people will give us credit for, but ultimately UW's depth and talent should prevail. UW 34, EWU 28. (0-1)

SEP. 10 at South Dakota - I don't know too much about the Yotes other than they beat a weak Minnesota team last year and then **** the bed against the rest of their schedule, going 3-7. Playing on the road always brings a challenge, but USD will be overmatched. EWU 35, USD 17. (1-1)

SEP. 17 at Montana - EWU vs. Montana in Missoula has been an epic battle this last decade, excluding 2003. The last two meetings the Griz have come away with the game winning score in the final minute or two of the game. In 2005, EWU won 34-20. The Griz will be breaking in an inexperienced QB no matter who it is, a new full time starter at RB, and still have plenty of OL issues. Regardless, they return loads of talent and always play inspired with 25,000 rabid, maroon-clad fans behind them. Should be another epic battle, but Bo Levi Mitchell is unflappable in high pressure situations when he needs to deliver. EWU 24, UM 20. (2-1, 1-0 BSC).

SEP. 24 Montana St. - The Bobcats finally broke EWU's 7-game win streak over them last year, but they did it in Bozeman. What happens when they come to red Roos Field where EWU is 8-0? Like EWU, MSU returns a load of starters from a very talented co-Big Sky Champions team. EWU lost their top back to the NFL, MSU lost their top back to grades. They will try to run the ball anyway, but likely not find much luck against the likes of Renard Williams and Andru Pulu. BLM won't be coming off an emotional first win on the red turf and still trying to get in sync with his receivers... or overly relying on Taiwan. Eagles in a shootout. EWU 45, MSU 40. (3-1, 2-0 BSC)

OCT. 1 Weber St. - From one set of Cats on to the next. The Wild ones will be without QB Higgins, RB Bo Bolen and most of their WRs, but return the best OL in the BSC. But can they hold against the best DL? Something has to give, and on the red turf, it'll likely be WSU. EWU 35, WSU 20. (4-1, 3-0 BSC).

OCT. 8 at Northern Ariz. - NAU lost a lot from last year's team, but at least they return a talented RB in Bauman. QB Chase Stengel isn't too bad himself. Too bad it won't matter. EWU 28 - NAU 17. (5-1, 4-0 BSC).

OCT. 15 Northern Colo. - New coaching staff, new system, but the Bears bring back a fair amount of talent that gave EWU fits in Greeley last year. Welcome to the red turf anyway. EWU 38 - UNC 17. (6-1, 5-0 BSC).

OCT. 22 at Sacramento St. - Another team that gave us fits last year and return a lot of talent. Sac will be a darkhorse to win the conference, but it seems they've been in that role for the last 3 years and never finished better than 6-5. They will have home field advantage, but is it really an advantage when they've never beaten EWU in Sacramento? EWU 33, SAC 28. (7-1, 6-0 BSC).

OCT. 29 Portland St. - This will be an important year for PSU in their second year under new coach Burton and the Pistol offense. They should expect to take a step up now that they've gotten a season of experience working out the major kinks. The Vikings will be visiting Cheney for the first time since 2007, where they won 28-21. A little bit has changed since then... we have turf, it's red, and the last two meetings have been shellackings... 47-10 and 50-17. EWU 45, PSU 24. (8-1, 7-0 BSC).

NOV. 7 BYE - A great time to rest and get healthy before the playoffs.

NOV. 12 at Cal Poly - Last year we had our bye at the same time, and struggled at home against a good SUU team with a NFL-caliber QB. CP's QB might not be as good, but their team is, and could give us fits away from the cozy confines of the Inferno. If we don't come out focused, the Mustangs could catch us off guard with their deceptive hybrid Triple Option/Spread offense. CP 31, EWU 28. (8-2, 7-0 BSC).

NOV. 19 at Idaho St. - On the road for the 7th time of the year, we should be used to it by now. At least ISU replaced their concrete field. There will be a familiar face on the other sideline for Beau Baldwin as former EWU coach Mike Kramer has been tasked with raising the Bengals off the jungle floor. He will be aggressive and come at every opponent with guns blazing. No longer a pushover, but not a contender either... at least not yet. EWU 34, ISU 24. (9-2, 8-0 BSC)

Big Sky Champions, #2 seed in the playoffs with 3 more games on the red before we defend our title in Frisco. xnodx

Gil Dobie
June 5th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Sept. 3--vs. Lafayette - W, completitive game for 3 quarters
Sept. 10--vs. Saint Francis(PA) - W
Sept. 17--OPEN
Sept. 24--at Minnesota - L, Jerry Kill has the Gophers on a positive road, wins a close one
Oct. 1--vs. Illinois State - W, should win the home games this year
Oct. 8--at Southern Illinois - L
Oct. 15--vs. Missouri State - W
Oct. 22--at South Dakota State - L
Oct. 29--vs. Northern Iowa - W, home team wins
Nov. 5--at Indiana State - L
Nov. 12--vs. Youngstown State - W
Nov. 19--at Western Illinois - W, road victory to sneak into the playoffs

JSUBison
June 5th, 2011, 08:59 AM
W Sept. 3 LAFAYETTE
W Sept. 10 SAINT FRANCIS (PA)
Tossup Sept. 24 at Minnesota
W Oct. 1 *ILLINOIS STATE (HOMECOMING)
L Oct. 8 *at Southern Illinois
W Oct. 15 *MISSOURI STATE
W Oct. 22 *at South Dakota State(Dakota Marker)
W Oct. 29 *NORTHERN IOWA
W Nov. 5 *at Indiana State
L Nov. 12 *YOUNGSTOWN STATE(Harvest Bowl)
W Nov. 19 *at Western Illinois
*–Missouri Valley Football Conference games

I think Kill will do better than his predecessors at Minnesota. On the other hand, it's still the Gophers, only so much he can do in less than one season. But I'm leaning towards a loss to the Gophs. SDSU loses Minnet, and they still have Mertens O'Brien at QB. I think NDSU should win that one. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we lose another one of the games I picked them to win. Most likely Illinois State since it's homecoming.

ncbears
June 5th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Here's my predictions for UNC.

Sept 3rd: Lindenwood (NAIA) They're a vary talented transitioning D2 school. They averaged 53 points against their opponents. They lost a lot of talent, but they seem to be one of those teams that re-load. I say this is a toss-up.

Sept 10th: Colorado State I can't wait for this game! The two campuses are only a half hour away from each other. We might not be that good, but neither are the Rams. They've struggled to beat previous Big Sky opponents like Weber and Sac State. I don't think UNC will win, but it will be close for most of the game. CSU 21, UNC 10

Sept 17th: Idaho State Kramer is a good coach but it will take a few years to rebuild. I say UNC 28, ISU 21

Sept 24th: Weber State Bears have that sting from losing a tough game in Ogden last year. Bears win 13, WSU 7

Oct 1: Montana We always struggle against Montana. Grizz 31, Bears 13

Oct 8th: Sac State The hornets have our number. Maybe not with our new coaching staff, but Sac State is going to be pretty good this year (not top 25 though). Sac State 21, UNC 13

Oct 15th: EWU I think we will give the national champs a good scare, but fall short. Eagles 21, UNC 16

Oct 22nd: Montana State Bears pull of the upset. UNC 28, MSU 17

OCT 29th: North Dakota An old NCC match up. Bears win this one at home. UNC 10, ND 7

Nov 5th: NAU Flagstaff is always a tough place to play for us. NAU 13, UNC 10

Nov 12: Portland State The Vikes have the best running back in the conference and some young talent. Bears win in a close one. UNC 28, PSU 20.

So that puts us at 5 wins (6 with a toss up against Lindenwood). I like what coach Collins is doing at UNC and he's putting the discipline back in to the program that was missing under Downing. That could help us win those close games that we let slip by the past few years.

carney2
June 5th, 2011, 11:10 AM
LAFAYETTE:

09/03/11 at North Dakota State
09/10/11 at Georgetown *
09/17/11 at Penn
09/24/11 at Stony Brook
10/01/11 vs. Harvard
10/08/11 Open
10/15/11 vs. Yale
10/22/11 vs. Fordham
10/29/11 vs. Bucknell *
11/05/11 vs. Colgate *
11/12/11 at Holy Cross *
11/19/11 at Lehigh (147th Meeting) *

Really a screwy schedule:
4 Away
then 5 Home
then 2 Away
8 night games

No predictions other than entering the Bye week at 1-4. At that point Tavani either has a team or he doesn't.

Grizzaholic
June 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
The Griz will win a few, lose a couple end up with 2 losses and make the playoffs with at least one home game.

The Bobcats will do much of the same win a lot, lose 2-3 and make the playoffs....but they will be reaching the Chipper and winning it being the only difference.

bluehenbillk
June 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
UD goes 8-3 or 9-2 and gets to at least the quarterfinal round.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
June 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Sept 3 - @Virginia Tech (ACC Network, 12:30 pm) - this will be an interesting matchup and could go either way VT 28-24 (then again could be ASU 28-24).
Sept 10 - NC A&T - Apps win big to kick off home season ASU 45-7
Sept 17 - Savannah St - ASU plays a team so bad, Western can beat them ASU 63-0
Sept 24 - Chattanooga - First major test of conference schedule ASU 35-31
Oct 1 - @Wofford - ASU's first road conference game will be a test as well ASU 31-28
Oct 15 - @The Citadel - I expect the Bulldogs to be much improved ASU 31-17
Oct 22 - Samford - ASU roasts the other Bulldogs at Homecoming ASU 45-7
Oct 29 - Georgia Southern - ASU blacks out Georgia Southern in a close one ASU 21-17
Nov 5 - @Furman - ASU gets another good win on the road ASU 28-21
Nov 12 - Western Carolina - ASU holds on to the Old Mountain Jug one more year ASU 45-14
Nov 19 - @Elon - ASU completes (hopefully) an unblemished record in conference play ASU 35-21

Screamin_Eagle174
June 5th, 2011, 03:04 PM

That would be HILARIOUS, and the funny thing is that I could see it happening.

phoenixphanatic21
June 5th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I see us staying around .500 all year, finishing 6-5.

Milktruck74
June 5th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Chattanooga 8-3... and a Playoff game at Finley

Skjellyfetti
June 5th, 2011, 07:36 PM
We go 9-2 in the regular season. We lose to Virginia Tech and one SoCon game other than Georgia Southern. Thinking Chatty or Wofford could be an early loss.

Not that I think Wofford or UTC will be better than Georgia Southern next year... just that recently we've been playing our best football at the end of October/November when we play GSU and our worse football in September/early October when we play UTC and Wofford in back to back weeks. If I had to pick one I'd say Wofford in Spartanburg.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM
9-2

losses in Tuscaloosa and either Spartanburg or Boone.

DJKyR0
June 5th, 2011, 08:38 PM
9-2 sounds pretty good for us. Really think we can stick one on the Gophers, but games at Southern Illinois and Indiana State have me nervous. Can't decide if SIU's down year was a fluke or a sign of things to come, but they've got too much history to discount.

achrist70
June 5th, 2011, 09:00 PM
09/03/11 at Iowa State- Close game in Ames L 20-17

09/10/11 at Stephen F. Austin- SFA looses to much from close game last year W 28-7

09/24/11 vs. Western Illinois*- W 35-17 Good Ole' Dome Cookin

10/01/11 at Missouri State*- T.A. can't figure out his old school W 42-7

10/08/11 vs. Indiana State*- Up and coming team but not ready to win in the Dome W 27-14

10/15/11 at South Dakota State*- Game that scares me but I think we win on a crappy field with D W 17-13

10/22/11 vs. Southern Illinois*- We get those pesky dawgs this year 34-24

10/29/11 at North Dakota State* Conference Title Game W 27-10

11/05/11 vs. Youngstown State* Farley continues dominance of the Penguins 24-13
11/12/11 vs. Southern Utah- Thunderbirds could be pesky but Cats pull it out W 34-20

11/19/11 at Illinois State*Strange things can happen in Normal but not this year W 27-10

10-1 8-0 Valley Champs, top 2 seed in playoffs. I will admit I am a bit of a homer but I think this team can live up to potential.

seantaylor
June 5th, 2011, 11:14 PM
10-1. Loss to Alabama where we sit everyone because we have home field wrapped up.

Jacked_Rabbit
June 5th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Wow, after reading through these predictions, we better expand the playoff field to 32 teams! It looks like everyone is going to the playoffs this year - should be interesting how things really turn out.

DJKyR0
June 6th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Wow, after reading through these predictions, we better expand the playoff field to 32 teams! It looks like everyone is going to the playoffs this year - should be interesting how things really turn out.

For what it's worth I have the Jacks at 4-7. xthumbsupx

DJKyR0
June 6th, 2011, 01:02 AM
10/29/11 at North Dakota State* Conference Title Game W 27-10

Please expand on this. I'm high on UNI for next season, but when your team put up just 16 on our defense (and that was before it gelled, AND without the benefit of the running game we developed as the year wore on), how does it trump that in Fargo, no less? Honestly interested to see if it's buying into Rennie or one of the running backs.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 6th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Please expand on this. I'm high on UNI for next season, but when your team put up just 16 on our defense (and that was before it gelled, AND without the benefit of the running game we developed as the year wore on), how does it trump that in Fargo, no less? Honestly interested to see if it's buying into Rennie or one of the running backs.

Uhh, because 2011 isn't 2010? Because after a year in the system perhaps UNI's offense will operate better? Because since the move to D-I, NDSU hasn't beaten UNI in the FargoDome?

Screamin_Eagle174
June 6th, 2011, 04:15 AM

Should we all expect worse seasons? Who do you think won't meet expectations? Will the reigning NC's with 15 starters returning and 3 FBS transfers not do as well? Most of the predictions of playoff worthy records are from fans of teams that either went to the playoffs last year or were a game off.

chattownmocs
June 6th, 2011, 07:48 AM
At Nebraska: This one might be close for awhile but Nebraska has too much talent Prediction: Nebraska 41 Chattanooga 17

Vs Jacksonville State: Tough game to call here, but ultimately I like our chances at home. Chattanooga 28 Jacksonville State 24

At Eastern Kentucky: Mocs should win this game in a big way. Chattanooga 45 Eastern Kentucky 10

At Appalachian State: Possibly the SOCON game of the year again. It is going to be a challenge but I think the mocs may flip the script from last year and make a come back of their own here. Chattanooga 42 App State 41

Vs the Citadel: Chattanooga should have no problems with the Bulldogs. Chattanooga 35 Citadel 7

At Georgia Southern: Southern's archaic offense will keep them from winning this game. Chattanooga 27 Georgia Southern 17

Vs Western Carolina: Maybe a bit of a let down game here for the mocs but we will find a way: Mocs 31 Western Carolina 20

At Elon: I have a feeling Elon is going to be tougher than anyone expects, but the revenge factor will have chattanooga ready Mocs 51 Elon 38

Vs Furman: Furman will definitely be a challenge as well. Chattanooga 33 furman 30

At Samford: Mocs should be able to handle Samford's poor offense. Chattanooga 28 Samford 7

Vs Wofford: Wofford embarrassed Chattanooga with the triple option a year ago. They really are so much better at it than Georgia Southern. Discipline is the difference. Chattanooga will have some trouble but they will not allow Wofford to spoil their perfect SOCON season. Chattanooga 31 Wofford 29

Mattymc727
June 6th, 2011, 08:02 AM
undefeated season and a minimum five-peat for national championships.....

Jacked_Rabbit
June 6th, 2011, 09:55 AM
For what it's worth I have the Jacks at 4-7. xthumbsupx

I'll just assume one of your predicted four wins for the Jacks includes the Bison at Couglin-Alumni Stadium! If not, you may want to make some adjustments to your numbers... xthumbsupx

ElonPride
June 6th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I see us staying around .500 all year, finishing 6-5.

The is a fair assessment. If the defense improves, I could see one or two more wins.

QB battle should also be interesting!

I-16Bandit
June 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Wofford embarrassed Chattanooga with the triple option a year ago. They really are so much better at it than Georgia Southern. Discipline is the difference.

I laughed.

Jacked_Rabbit
June 6th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Oh, what the heck, I'll take a shot at this too...

9/3 vs. Southern Utah – Coughlin-Alumni Stadium will be emotionally charged for the home opener against an improving SUU team. Returning two year starter, Thomas O’Brien, sets the tone for the season by throwing four TD’s. Jackrabbits 30 – Thunderbirds 17 (1-0, 0-0)

9/10 @ Illinois – With narrow losses at Minnesota & Nebraska in the past two seasons, SDSU isn’t intimidated by another mediocre Big 10 team. Jacks keep it close but lose, again, in the 4th quarter. Fighting Illini 24 – Jackrabbits 20 (1-1, 0-0)

9/17 @ Cal Poly – Although the Jacks have had some luck in SLO, Cal Poly is always tough at home. This should be great game, as usual. Mustangs 27 – Jackrabbits 24 (1-2, 0-0)

9/24 @ Illinois St. – I expect a lot of offensive fireworks in this one, and I really think this is a coin-flip game. SDSU wins their Valley opener on a Hail Mary pass as time expires. Jackrabbits 33 – Red Birds 31 (2-2, 1-0)

10/1 vs. Indiana St. – Yes, the Sycamores have improved and are no longer the doormat of the MVFC. Unfortunately for Indiana State, they aren’t quite there yet. Jackrabbits 31 – Sycamores 10 (3-2, 2-0)

10/8 @ Youngstown St. – The Penguins lost a lot of close games last year, and I expect that trend to continue again this year. This will be a hard fought battle, but in the end, SDSU prevails. Jackrabbits 17 – Penguins 13 (4-2, 3-0)

10/15 vs. Northern Iowa – With the Jacks ranked for the first time and undefeated in the conference, they will continue building momentum by containing Rennie and knocking off highly ranked UNI at home. Jackrabbits 21 – Panthers 20 (5-2, 4-0)

10/22 vs. North Dakota St. – With the Dakota Marker Trophy on the line, the Jacks try to make it 4 out of 5 in this battle between two Top 15 teams. In the end, home field and turnovers are the difference. Jackrabbits 27 – Bison 24 (6-2, 5-0)

10/29 @ Missouri St. – After two emotionally exhausting wins at home against conference rivals, the Jacks are set up for a let-down game at Missouri St. In the end, SDSU does just enough to squeak out the win against the last place Bears. Jackrabbits 16 – Bears 13 (7-2, 6-0)

11/5 vs. Southern Illinois – It is Hobo Day in Brookings, SDSU’s homecoming and the largest single day event in the Dakotas. A simple fact that makes this one easy: the Jacks do not lose on Hobo Day. Jackrabbits 27 – Salukis 20 (8-2, 7-0)

11/12 @ Western Illinois – Without their All-MVFC players of the year, Barr and Glazier, WIU is right back where they were a couple years ago – at the bottom of the conference standings. SDSU puts the hurt on the ‘Necks and steamrolls into the FCS Playoffs for the second time in three years. Jackrabbits 41 – Leathernecks 7 (9-2, 8-0)

Well, I guess it is pretty easy to see why everyone seems to think their team is going to the postseason this year. It looks like SDSU is set up to do the same… Go Jacks!

Milktruck74
June 6th, 2011, 11:08 AM
The is a fair assessment. If the defense improves, I could see one or two more wins.

QB battle should also be interesting!

Don't sell yourself short, Elon is going to be tough this year. they were playing pretty well at the end of last season. 6-5 would be a disappointment, 7-4 or 8-3......if the stars align, 9-2.... the soCon has a bunch of contenders this year. Obviously GSU, ASU and Wofford are at the top of the hunt, but there are the Darkhorses with an outside shot....ELON and CHATTY. And Furman, won't win the conference, but they will ruin someones chances.

Bam
June 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
At Nebraska: This one might be close for awhile but Nebraska has too much talent Prediction: Nebraska 41 Chattanooga 17

Vs Jacksonville State: Tough game to call here, but ultimately I like our chances at home. Chattanooga 28 Jacksonville State 24

At Eastern Kentucky: Mocs should win this game in a big way. Chattanooga 45 Eastern Kentucky 10
At Appalachian State: Possibly the SOCON game of the year again. It is going to be a challenge but I think the mocs may flip the script from last year and make a come back of their own here. Chattanooga 42 App State 41

Vs the Citadel: Chattanooga should have no problems with the Bulldogs. Chattanooga 35 Citadel 7

At Georgia Southern: Southern's archaic offense will keep them from winning this game. Chattanooga 27 Georgia Southern 17

Vs Western Carolina: Maybe a bit of a let down game here for the mocs but we will find a way: Mocs 31 Western Carolina 20

At Elon: I have a feeling Elon is going to be tougher than anyone expects, but the revenge factor will have chattanooga ready Mocs 51 Elon 38

Vs Furman: Furman will definitely be a challenge as well. Chattanooga 33 furman 30

At Samford: Mocs should be able to handle Samford's poor offense. Chattanooga 28 Samford 7

Vs Wofford: Wofford embarrassed Chattanooga with the triple option a year ago. They really are so much better at it than Georgia Southern. Discipline is the difference. Chattanooga will have some trouble but they will not allow Wofford to spoil their perfect SOCON season. Chattanooga 31 Wofford 29

I will take that bet! EKU's own Chatty boys (O Hill & Tay Tay) will shine in this one. EKU by 7!!!

LUHawker
June 6th, 2011, 01:37 PM
09/24 - 12:30 PM - @ Lehigh This is the last game in a key opening stretch for Liberty. a win here probably sets up a pretty good OOC resume to show to the selection committee when it comes to an at-large bid (although Im sure LU is tired of sharing at this point) I'll call an LU win but in another close game Liberty 24 Lehigh 21 3-1

I think you are right that LU will win this one, just that you've got the wrong LU. xsmiley_wix.

This will be a crucial game for both teams in building their resumes for the selection committee. If this game was being played in Lynchburg then I might concur with your prediction, but I see it going the other way. Lehigh has struggled in OOC games vs. the CAA but has done well, historically, againt non-CAA teams. Although this is a return visit from a few years ago, I am looking forward to the new name on the schedule this year.

RichH2
June 6th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Qb and WR will keep game close ,they are very good. Went over their season. Great stats offensively but vast majority against real pancake teams. Flames did not show much Christian charity in running up scores. At home Lehigh wins a close game. Expect Liberty to put up lots of yds via the air but not outscore Lehigh

superman7515
June 6th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Delaware (Sasek does well version) -
9-2
@ Navy - Loss
vs West Chester - Win
vs Delaware State - Win
vs Old Dominion - Win
@ Maine - Win
vs William & Mary - Loss
vs UMass - Win
@ Rhode Island - Win
@ Towson - Win
vs Richmond - Win
@ Villanova -Win

Delaware (Sasek isn't the guy version) -
4-7
@ Navy - Loss
vs West Chester - Win
vs Delaware State - Win
vs Old Dominion - Loss
@ Maine - Win
vs William & Mary - Loss
vs UMass - Loss
@ Rhode Island - Loss
@ Towson - Win
vs Richmond - Loss
@ Villanova -Loss

cpalum
June 6th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Cal Poly Mustangs

7-4

at San Diego State L 10-28
at Montana L 24-31
South Dakota State W 31-21
at Northern Illinois L 20-21
Central Oklahoma W 45-10
Southern Utah W 35-17
at North Dakota W 21-17
South Dakota W 35-10
at UC Davis W 24-21
Eastern Washington W 28-17
at South Alabama L 21-24

After a brutal stretch that takes the Mustangs from FBS SDSU to FBS Northern Illinois (both bowl winners last year) with a stop in Missoula, Cal Poly finds their stride winning 6 games in a row including a upset of 2010 national champ EWU at home. Sadly the Stangs once again choke away the last game of the season at South Alabama on the last drive, squandering another playoff birth and and settling for 7-4.

I hope they can pull a W instead of an L for one of those but it just seems that Cal Poly schedules themselves into corners before the season even starts. I mean c'mon EWU, Montana, SDSU, and NIU all in one year.....and it isn't like the rest of the schedule is what anyone would call easy.

Jacked_Rabbit
June 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I hope they can pull a W instead of an L for one of those but it just seems that Cal Poly schedules themselves into corners before the season even starts. I mean c'mon EWU, Montana, SDSU, and NIU all in one year.....and it isn't like the rest of the schedule is what anyone would call easy.

Your non-counter, Central OK, hurts just as much as the two FBS schools and your out of conference schedule... It would have been nice if they could have scheduled another winnable FCS game.

darell1976
June 6th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Cal Poly Mustangs

7-4

at Montana L 24-31
Central Oklahoma W 45-10
Southern Utah W 35-17
at North Dakota W 21-17
South Dakota W 35-10
at UC Davis W 24-21
at South Alabama L 21-24

After a brutal stretch that takes the Mustangs from FBS SDSU to FBS Northern Illinois (both bowl winners last year) with a stop in Missoula, Cal Poly finds their stride winning 6 games in a row including a upset of 2010 national champ EWU at home. Sadly the Stangs once again choke away the last game of the season at South Alabama on the last drive, squandering another playoff birth and and settling for 7-4.

Should be a good game. One of the few home games that may have a great crowd.

SFA 93
June 6th, 2011, 09:25 PM
SFA loses too much for UNI?

Probable starters for 2011

* Played at Northern Iowa (stats in that game) 9 on offense; 9 on defense

QB:#14 Dalton Williams 6-4; 230 Jr.

RB:#12 LeFredrick Ford 6-0; 190 Fr.

WR:#17 Gralyn Crawford 5-11; 175 Jr. G:25 * REC:9;YDS:130
(All-American)

WR:#11 Brandon Scott 6-1; 200 Jr. G:31 *

OL:#75 George Bias 6-3; 300 Sr. GP:36 (All-SLC 1st Team) *
OL:#65 Greg Hall 6-3; 340 So. GP:7 *
OL:#63 John Steel 6-5; 285 Jr. GP:25 (All-SLC 2nd Team) *
OL:#60 Austin Wright 6-2; 320 Jr. GP:16 *
OL:#78 Corey Dickerson 6-9; 320 Jr. GP:25 (All-SLC 2nd Team) *

WR:#3 Kris Lott 6-1; 195 So. G:12 * REC:4;YDS:42;TD:1
(All-SLC Honorable Mention)

WR:#80 Cordell Roberson 6-3; 200 Jr. G:23 * REC:7;YDS:76
(All-American)

DE:#56 Jacob Fincher 6-3; 250 Jr. GP:11
DT:#94 Corey Hill 6-0; 320 So. GP:11 * TKL:2;TFL:1;SCK:1.0
DT:#91 Weekendfer Saurit 6-0; 320 Sr. GP:36
DE:#51 Malcolm Mattox 6-1; 260 So. GP:10 * TKL:2;TFL:1;SCK:1.0

LB:#45 Derrick Choice 6-0; 220 Sr. GP:37 * TKL:2
LB:#47 Ryan Epperson 6-0; 220 Jr. GP:25 * TKL:2
LB:#40 Devin Ducote 5-11; 200 Sr. GP:35 * TKL:5;TFL:2;SCK:1.0

CB:#2 Ben Wells 6-1; 200 Sr. GP:10 * TKL:3;FR:1
S:#30 David Cato 5-11; 200 Sr. GP:12 * TKL:8
S:#32 Caleb Nelson 5-11; 190 So. GP:12 * TKL:1
CB:#37 Josh Aubrey 5-11; 200 Jr. GP:25 * TKL:6;FF:1

K/P:#35 Thomas Henshaw 5-10; 175 So.

P:#36 Drew Nelson 6-1; 210 Sr. *
(All-SLC 2nd Team)

Not saying SFA wins but it will be in Texas in Sept. (100+ degrees)

achrist70
June 6th, 2011, 10:37 PM

This will not be the first start for all 4 of our O-Linemen as it was last year, we will have 5 players up front with extensive playing experience. That is what I am going off of.

achrist70
June 6th, 2011, 10:39 PM
SFA loses too much for UNI?

Probable starters for 2011

* Played at Northern Iowa (stats in that game) 9 on offense; 9 on defense

QB:#14 Dalton Williams 6-4; 230 Jr.

RB:#12 LeFredrick Ford 6-0; 190 Fr.

WR:#17 Gralyn Crawford 5-11; 175 Jr. G:25 * REC:9;YDS:130
(All-American)

WR:#11 Brandon Scott 6-1; 200 Jr. G:31 *

OL:#75 George Bias 6-3; 300 Sr. GP:36 (All-SLC 1st Team) *
OL:#65 Greg Hall 6-3; 340 So. GP:7 *
OL:#63 John Steel 6-5; 285 Jr. GP:25 (All-SLC 2nd Team) *
OL:#60 Austin Wright 6-2; 320 Jr. GP:16 *
OL:#78 Corey Dickerson 6-9; 320 Jr. GP:25 (All-SLC 2nd Team) *

WR:#3 Kris Lott 6-1; 195 So. G:12 * REC:4;YDS:42;TD:1

WR:#80 Cordell Roberson 6-3; 200 Jr. G:23 * REC:7;YDS:76
(All-American)

DE:#56 Jacob Fincher 6-3; 250 Jr. GP:11
DT:#94 Corey Hill 6-0; 320 So. GP:11 * TKL:2;TFL:1;SCK:1.0
DT:#91 Weekendfer Saurit 6-0; 320 Sr. GP:36
DE:#51 Malcolm Mattox 6-1; 260 So. GP:10 * TKL:2;TFL:1;SCK:1.0

LB:#45 Derrick Choice 6-0; 220 Sr. GP:37 * TKL:2
LB:#47 Ryan Epperson 6-0; 220 Jr. GP:25 * TKL:2
LB:#40 Devin Ducote 5-11; 200 Sr. GP:35 * TKL:5;TFL:2;SCK:1.0

CB:#2 Ben Wells 6-1; 200 Sr. GP:10 * TKL:3;FR:1
S:#30 David Cato 5-11; 200 Sr. GP:12 * TKL:8
S:#32 Caleb Nelson 5-11; 190 So. GP:12 * TKL:1
CB:#37 Josh Aubrey 5-11; 200 Jr. GP:25 * TKL:6;FF:1

K/P:#35 Thomas Henshaw 5-10; 175 So.

P:#36 Drew Nelson 6-1; 210 Sr. *
(All-SLC 2nd Team)

Not saying SFA wins but it will be in Texas in Sept. (100+ degrees)

Apparently the Jacks don't deal well with heat all to well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFojfG31enA

SFA 93
June 7th, 2011, 05:42 AM
OK?

So, I disagree in your statement that SFA losses too much (point out who is returning off of that team) off of a squad that won at UNI and this is your response?

DG Cowboy
June 7th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Cal Poly Mustangs

7-4

at Montana L 24-31
Central Oklahoma W 45-10
Southern Utah W 35-17
at North Dakota W 21-17
South Dakota W 35-10
at UC Davis W 24-21
at South Alabama L 21-24

$5 says you will beat South Alabama. I'd worry more about the Dakotas.

Smitty
June 7th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Thu., Sep. 1 at Georgia Tech - L -
Sat., Sep. 10 vs. Mars Hill - W - First true test of our new offense. Hoping to pull out a win 21-14 WCU
Sat., Sep. 17 OPEN
Sat., Sep. 24 at Georgia Southern * - L - Haven't really been close but at least we get a week off before... 24-7 GSU
Sat., Oct. 1 vs. Furman - L - Close game at first but then Furman blows us away in the 3rd quarter 35-14 Furman
Sat., Oct. 8 vs. Elon * Cullowhee, N.C. - L - Close game again but Elon wins on the last drive 21-17 Elon
Sat., Oct. 15 at Chattanooga - L - Western still can't produce enough offense 27-7 Chattanooga
Sat., Oct. 22 vs. The Citadel - W - Battle of the bottom feeders 17-10 WCU
Sat., Oct. 29 at Samford * - W - Offense finally kicking in a possibly pulling off an upset 24-21 WCU
Sat., Nov. 5 vs. Wofford - L - WCU leads at the end of the half but Wofford pulls away 35-21 Wofford
Sat., Nov. 12 at Appalachian State - Very close game with the score of 0-0 at the beginning of the first quarter 42-14 App
Sat., Nov. 19 vs. Coastal Carolina - W - Finish the season with an improved season but still lacking true stars on the team 21-7

4-7

So hopefully we double our wins from last year!

sikolec
June 7th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Well since it looks like my topic from GWFC forum made its way over here, might as well post what I had:

As my anticipation for the season heightens, I have decided to try and get some chat going for the Great West Conference. Here are my game by game predictions for each team in the Great West:

Cal Poly Mustangs

6-5 (3-1)

at Montana L 14-17
South Dakota State W 28-21
at Northern Illinois L 17-35
Central Oklahoma W 38-14
Southern Utah L 35-42
at North Dakota W 28-17
South Dakota W 35-10
at UC Davis W 24-21
Eastern Washington L 14-28
at South Alabama W 31-21

Tough schedule will prove too tough for Cal Poly to get a playoff bid. Two tough FBS teams; Northern Illinois won the MAC Western going 11-3 and San Diego State is much improved since the last time Cal Poly met them. Traveling to Montana and playing 2010 NC Eastern Washington will also test this team. 14 starters return for Cal Poly, 7-4 (2-2) in 2010.

North Dakota

5-6 (0-4)

Drake W 24-21
at Idaho L 9-28
at Fresno State L 6-38
Black Hills State W 35-7
at Southern Utah L 10-28
Montana Western W 42-28
Cal Poly L 17-28
at Northern Colorado W 31-17
Sioux Falls W 21-17
at UC Davis L 14-31
South Dakota L 21-28

A young North Dakota team will be prepared and ready for their 2012 campaign after gaining experience this season. The Fighting Sioux have a tough back to back FBS schedule against Idaho and Fresno State. North Dakota seems to have a wide range of competition; two FBS teams, six FCS teams, and three NAIA teams. Only 12 starters return from a dismal 3-8 (0-4) record.

South Dakota

5-6 (1-3)

at Air Force L 14-35
Eastern Washington L 7-41
Northwestern Oklahoma State W 28-10
at Wisconsin L 6-56
Lindenwood W 14-6
Southern Utah L 13-20
at Illinois State W 31-21
UC Davis L 14-24
at Cal Poly L 10-34
Missouri S&T W 42-24
at North Dakota W 28-21

South Dakota returns 18 starters from a team that finished last season 4-7 (1-3). They had a big upset vs. Minnesota, but face much tougher FBS competition this season in Air Force and Wisconsin. I see a slight improvement to their overall record.

Southern Utah

6-5 (3-1)

at South Dakota State W 28-21
Sacramento State L 21-24
UT San Antonio W 35-28
at UNLV L 14-20
North Dakota W 28-10
at South Dakota W 20-13
at Cal Poly W 42-35
at Weber State L 20-21
UC Davis L 35-38
at Northern Iowa L 24-35
at Northern Arizona W 35-24

After winning the Great West last season, Southern Utah returns to the field hoping to repeat. By my prediction they end up in a mess of a tie for first with UC Davis and Cal Poly. I think Southern Utah may have the best chance of an FBS upset when they face UNLV on September 24th. 15 starters return, 6-5 (4-0) in 2010.

UC Davis

7-4 (3-1)

at Arizona State L 13-56
at Montana State L 17-31
San Diego W 27-10
at Hawai'I L 17-31
Humboldt State W 24-9
UT San Antonio W 34-21
at South Dakota W 24-14
at Southern Utah W 38-35
Cal Poly L 21-24
North Dakota W 31-14
at Sacramento State W 27-21

After bouncing back from a tough loss against a team trying to prove their worth to the country in Arizona State, UC Davis will have a great season. Just missing the playoffs, the Aggies will have improved from a season ago. 16 starters return from a team that went 6-5 (3-1).

asumike83
June 7th, 2011, 10:43 AM
ASU's success will be VERY heavily dependent upon how the new 3-4 scheme works on defense, because I am confident that the offense will put points on the board. From what what I've read about spring practices and the way the depth chart is shaping up I think it will be a good move, but new personnel always brings questions so they could take some unexpected lumps. That being said, here is my cautiously optimistic preview of the 2011 Appalachian State football season:

@ Virginia Tech: ASU will be fired up to play in Blacksburg and should hang in this game for the first 2-3 quarters, but I think the Hokies put us away in the 2nd half. VT 38 - ASU 24 (L)

vs. NC A&T: Home opener likely coming off of a loss to VT, I expect ASU to be sharp and control the game on both sides. ASU 45 - A&T 14 (W)

vs. Savannah State: Playing a very weak team in Boone in what should be another tune-up for the conference slate, I like ASU to cruise for the 2nd straight week. ASU 55 - Savannah St. 10 (W)

vs. Chattanooga: The SoCon schedule starts with a bang, this should be a great game. UT-C will have revenge on their minds, but I think the ASU offense and home-field advantage will be too much. ASU 38 - Chattanooga 31 (W)

@ Wofford: A very tough, disciplined team who always seems to play ASU tight, especially in Spartanburg. This is a coin-flip for me since this is ASU's first real road test, but I have a bad feeling about this, especially after the beating we gave them last year. Wofford 31 - ASU 28 (L)

@ The Citadel: Should be an improved team, but not enough to hang past halftime with an angry ASU squad. ASU 38 - Citadel 14 (W)

vs. Samford: I expect Samford to try to slow the game down by pounding the ball on offense and trying to play keep-away from DeAndre. Not a bad strategy for their personnel but they just don't have the horses to run. ASU 31 - Samford 21 (W)

vs. Georgia Southern: SoCon game of the year in Boone! This will really be a dogfight but I don't think ASU will drop a 2nd consecutive game to the Eagles, we escape Black Saturday with a very tight win. ASU 28 - GSU 24

@ Furman: Could be a trap game and FU would love nothing more than to ruin our conference championship hopes, but I think ASU pulls away late in Greenville. ASU 38 - FU 21

vs. Western Carolina: Senior Day in Boone with our old rival, ASU keeps the jug once again. ASU 45 - WCU 17

@ Elon: The Phoenix have come uncomfortably close to taking us out in past years, but a new coach and a new QB running the show just won't be able to get it done. ASU 35 - Elon 21

I like ASU to finish 9-2 (7-1 SoCon) and get a couple home games at KBS for the playoffs. Anything short of the National Semifinals will be disappointing for me and if the defense surpasses expectations, the sky is the limit.

cpalum
June 7th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Your non-counter, Central OK, hurts just as much as the two FBS schools and your out of conference schedule... It would have been nice if they could have scheduled another winnable FCS game.

I think it hurts more....Id rather see them lose to a FCS or FBS team than beat a DII. No offense to the DII schools but it is simply a lose lose situation.

HailSzczur
June 7th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Sept. 1 - Temple (Philadelphia, Pa.) The first game we play after losing so many starters on both sides of the ball, and probably the toughest of the year. It should be competitive, but I do not see how we can pull this one off. Loss

Sept. 10 - Towson (Towson, Md.) Towson returns 15 starters, so they should be a bit better then their 1-10 mark from last year, but i still think we should be okay. It wont be last years 43-7 parents weekend blow out, but a wins a Win

Sept. 17 - Monmouth (Villanova, Pa.) Don't know too much about them, but I'm not too worried about a 3-8 team last year from the NEC. win

Sept. 24 - Penn (Philadelphia, Pa.) This game is probably the first real test of the season. If we can find a sense of cohesion and identity after the first few games, we can definitly win this one. However Penn's a very talented team and if our act isnt together yet it could get ugly. Penn hasn't beat us in 100 years, and I'm looking for it to stay that way in 2011. Win

Oct. 1 - William & Mary (Villanova, Pa.) Looking for a similar game to the on in Williamsburg last year. W & M gets ahead early, Grimes runs circles around us, and we fluster and turn the ball over alot. Loss

Oct. 8 - New Hampshire (Durham, N.H.) Bad memories of the last time we played in Durham are coming back now, the only loss in our NC year. This could be one of the closer games of the year, but i think UNH will win this one Loss

Oct. 15 - James Madison (Harrisonburg, Va.) JMU returns almost all their starters, this will probably be another heartbreaker at the newly expanded stadiumLoss

Oct. 22 - Old Dominion (Villanova, Pa.) after a 3 game lossing streak I think we finally buckle down and welcome ODU to the CAA. However not knowing much about ODU, this pick is the one I make with the least amount of confidence. Typically you don't think of a new team coming in being too competitive, but with the little research I've done I know thats certantly not the caseWin

Oct. 29 - Maine (Villanova, Pa.) a 4-7 team last year with alot of starters returning, but I'm gonna go for another win here. Win

Nov. 5 - Massachusetts (Amherst, Mass) I'd like to say we give UMASS a nice sendoff, but I'm not expecting a win here. Loss

Nov. 19 - Delaware (Villanova, Pa.) Maybe I'm just dumb, or maybe its just pride, but I honestly believe we will win this game. Delaware has lost the last 5 against us and I don't see (or maybe just don't want to see) it happening. No matter how good/bad we are we always show up for this one. Call me crazy, but I say Win

6-5, not bad with the losses we have on both sides of the ball. Who knows, one game swings the other way we could be looking at the playoffs maybe?

jstclmet
June 7th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Sept. 1 - Temple (Philadelphia, Pa.) The first game we play after losing so many starters on both sides of the ball, and probably the toughest of the year. It should be competitive, but I do not see how we can pull this one off. Loss

Sept. 10 - Towson (Towson, Md.) Towson returns 15 starters, so they should be a bit better then their 1-10 mark from last year, but i still think we should be okay. It wont be last years 43-7 parents weekend blow out, but a wins a Win

Sept. 17 - Monmouth (Villanova, Pa.) Don't know too much about them, but I'm not too worried about a 3-8 team last year from the NEC. win

Sept. 24 - Penn (Philadelphia, Pa.) This game is probably the first real test of the season. If we can find a sense of cohesion and identity after the first few games, we can definitly win this one. However Penn's a very talented team and if our act isnt together yet it could get ugly. Penn hasn't beat us in 100 years, and I'm looking for it to stay that way in 2011. Win

Oct. 1 - William & Mary (Villanova, Pa.) Looking for a similar game to the on in Williamsburg last year. W & M gets ahead early, Grimes runs circles around us, and we fluster and turn the ball over alot. Loss

Oct. 8 - New Hampshire (Durham, N.H.) Bad memories of the last time we played in Durham are coming back now, the only loss in our NC year. This could be one of the closer games of the year, but i think UNH will win this one Loss

Oct. 15 - James Madison (Harrisonburg, Va.) JMU returns almost all their starters, this will probably be another heartbreaker at the newly expanded stadiumLoss

Oct. 22 - Old Dominion (Villanova, Pa.) after a 3 game lossing streak I think we finally buckle down and welcome ODU to the CAA. However not knowing much about ODU, this pick is the one I make with the least amount of confidence. Typically you don't think of a new team coming in being too competitive, but with the little research I've done I know thats certantly not the caseWin

Oct. 29 - Maine (Villanova, Pa.) a 4-7 team last year with alot of starters returning, but I'm gonna go for another win here. Win

Nov. 5 - Massachusetts (Amherst, Mass) I'd like to say we give UMASS a nice sendoff, but I'm not expecting a win here. Loss

Nov. 19 - Delaware (Villanova, Pa.) Maybe I'm just dumb, or maybe its just pride, but I honestly believe we will win this game. Delaware has lost the last 5 against us and I don't see (or maybe just don't want to see) it happening. No matter how good/bad we are we always show up for this one. Call me crazy, but I say Win

6-5, not bad with the losses we have on both sides of the ball. Who knows, one game swings the other way we could be looking at the playoffs maybe?

It's not all doom & gloom. Remember 4 years ago, the Wildcats had a bunch of unkown freshmen lead them to a 7-4 season. No reason Coach T can't duplicate that same magic with this incoming class. Whitney finished off the Tribe game after A. Young got hurt and started the following week against UMass. Ijalana, Clouser, & Thomas were already starters Szczur, Dempsey, Babbaro, Adeyemi, Wade, Kirkland, Weaver, Johnson, & Farmer were already seeing PT.

7-4 is very doable in 2011. xnodx

1andDone
June 7th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Sept 1-West Alabama, A Good D2 team, but we should win this game, with our defense, and roll to a blowout USA 41 UWA 3

Sept 10- Lamar, We beat them by 26 on the road last year, but Lamar should be better, but show should we, and since this game is at home this time. USA 39 Lamar 14

Sept 17- NC ST, I am not even going to predict this game, and should be the first lost in USA history.

Sept 24- Kent State, We have a slight chance at winning this game, just a slight I would say maybe 5%, but being worn down from NC State's game we lose again Kent State 31 USA 14

Oct 8- Texas San-Antonio, After suffering our first two losses of our history, we go for our 3 consecutive road game, UTSA being a new team, so I really don't know much about them, but based solely off of experience USA 45 UTSA 10

Oct 15- Tennessee-Martin, Our Homecoming game, I feel like this is a toss-up, but this homecoming which we should win handily, or not if we don't try. USA 33 UTM 15

Oct 22- Georgia State, Last Year, we nearly lost this game after blowing a lead in the fourth, but there was just enough time for us to hold them off in the end and I can actually see Georgia State winning this game with it being at the Georgia Dome. USA 28 Georgia State 27

Oct 29- Henderson State, Last Year the torched us passing the ball we have since improved our secondary with the addition of BJ Scott, and plus we don't overlook this team again USA 42 Henderson State 14

Nov 3- Mississippi Valley State, Coming off a short week we play a team that went 0-10 last year, I see blowing them out in a ugly blowout USA 52 MVS 0

Nov 19- Cal Poly, I see this being a shoot-outUSA 52 CAL 49

carney2
June 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM
As someone already said, everyone - EVERYONE - is going to the playoffs. Move the championship game to late April.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
As someone already said, everyone - EVERYONE - is going to the playoffs. Move the championship game to late April.

ISU, Towson, and the Ivies aren't.

BEAR
June 7th, 2011, 03:25 PM
ISU, Towson, and the Ivies aren't.

Neither's Texas State.

BEAR
June 7th, 2011, 03:48 PM
UCA lost 18 players off-season plus the seniors last year. It picked up a few other good ones, but when I look at the roster, it seems so foreign to me with all the new names....this makes it so difficult to decide on how the year will go. I'd like to predict a great season, and I did earlier, but looking at the roster now I'm just not sure what record to predict.

-- confused in Conway xlolx

via ucafans.com

Outside of the known signees and mid-year guys, I found these:

1.The previously mentioned Camara – Kicker; Cedar Hill, Texas; MaxPreps Notes
2.Al Lasker, WR, 6-3/212; Freshman transfer from Air Force
3.TJ Randall, DL, 6-4/268; Redshirt freshman transfer from Nebraska-Omaha

Now to the ones we’ve lost. The ones with an asterisk are the ones who really surprised me.

1.David Bailey, K
2.Barrett Blaylock, OL
3.Jordan Chrisman, DE
4.Hardy Diggs, DB
5.Rogeric Govan, OL
6.Jeremy Jester, TE
7.Carson Knowlton, DE
8.Darrell Malone, DB
9.Josh McKinney, WR
10.John Miles, DE
11.Nate Richards, OL
12.Colt Schaller, DL
13.Taylor Schuyler, DE
14.Davis Stephens, DE
15.Keaten Stigger, LB*
16.Calvin Ursin, DL*
17.Phillip Worthy, LB
18.Jim Youngblood, QB

achrist70
June 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
OK?

So, I disagree in your statement that SFA losses too much (point out who is returning off of that team) off of a squad that won at UNI and this is your response?

Alright why do I think SFA looses a lot and UNI will win. First off look at who you loose a Payton Award wining QB who your offense was built around, and 4 key front 7 defensive players. UNI will be a run first team this year, and having inexperience in the front 7 isn't good. Your offense will still be pass oriented and I will admit that you do have a very excellent receiver returning, but UNI has a plethora of experience in the secondary, which will not be in your favor, and it will be difficult to expect any player to make short accurate passes play after play against an excellent secondary in only their 2nd career start.

My second reasoning is last years game you won 22-20 with us having 3 fumbles inside the 20, giving up a safety, and missing an extra point. You had no turnovers, and many punts. I think the fact that we missed out on so many opportunities, and the way your players acted last year (complete lack of class) will motivate us to a victory.

HailSzczur
June 7th, 2011, 06:46 PM
It's not all doom & gloom. Remember 4 years ago, the Wildcats had a bunch of unkown freshmen lead them to a 7-4 season. No reason Coach T can't duplicate that same magic with this incoming class. Whitney finished off the Tribe game after A. Young got hurt and started the following week against UMass. Ijalana, Clouser, & Thomas were already starters Szczur, Dempsey, Babbaro, Adeyemi, Wade, Kirkland, Weaver, Johnson, & Farmer were already seeing PT.

7-4 is doable, but alseo 4-7 is doable. The talent is immense. There are some highly recruited players there as freshmen and sophomores, some strong veterans coming back like Doss, Reynolds, Wells, White, and Pitts. Its just a matter of it all coming together. I doubt this team will reach its full potential this year just due a lack of experience. Whitney, Ball, Babarro, Sczcur, Brandon Harvey, Ijalana and the gang had 2 years together under their belt when they went into Chattanoga, this team isnt close.

SFA 93
June 7th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Well, it was SFA's secondary and not the defensive front that forced all those fumbles in your running game.

But yes, I will agree that SFA will have their work cut out for them on stopping the run for the up coming season. Yes, replacing three linemen on the front and All-American LB: Jabara Williams will be tough.

But the good news for the Jacks is that (Jr.) DE: Jacob Fincher (a Tim Knicky clone) who was the starter at the beginning of the 2010 season, (but due to a season ending injury suffered during practice before the first game.) returns for 2011. (So.) DT: Corey Hill who had a great game against UNI in 2010 returns as well.

The Jacks should also have something they didn't have last season, in a running game that will have to be respected, with in coming freshman RB: LeFredrick Ford behind a big well seasoned O-line with three All-SLC players.

I really think the Jacks offense will be better off under (Jr.) QB: Dalton Williams. Williams actually had a better summer than Moses did in 2010 and could have started.

But we will see.

That's why they play the games.

Axe'Em Jacks!

RichH2
June 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I love this part of the preseason. I'll opine for Lehigh to come in at 8-3 9-2. After reading the thread perhaps we should expand the playoffs to a field of 64xsmileyclapx. We could play until may, therby shortening next years summer doldrums.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
June 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Thu., Sep. 1 at Georgia Tech - L -
Sat., Sep. 10 vs. Mars Hill - W - First true test of our new offense. Hoping to pull out a win 21-14 WCU
Sat., Sep. 17 OPEN
Sat., Sep. 24 at Georgia Southern * - L - Haven't really been close but at least we get a week off before... 24-7 GSU
Sat., Oct. 1 vs. Furman - L - Close game at first but then Furman blows us away in the 3rd quarter 35-14 Furman
Sat., Oct. 8 vs. Elon * Cullowhee, N.C. - L - Close game again but Elon wins on the last drive 21-17 Elon
Sat., Oct. 15 at Chattanooga - L - Western still can't produce enough offense 27-7 Chattanooga
Sat., Oct. 22 vs. The Citadel - W - Battle of the bottom feeders 17-10 WCU
Sat., Oct. 29 at Samford * - W - Offense finally kicking in a possibly pulling off an upset 24-21 WCU
Sat., Nov. 5 vs. Wofford - L - WCU leads at the end of the half but Wofford pulls away 35-21 Wofford
Sat., Nov. 12 at Appalachian State - Very close game with the score of 0-0 at the beginning of the first quarter 42-14 App
Sat., Nov. 19 vs. Coastal Carolina - W - Finish the season with an improved season but still lacking true stars on the team 21-7

4-7

So hopefully we double our wins from last year!

That's more optimistic than me. You guys pull that off and Wagner might be able to save his job.

ngineer
June 9th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I love this part of the preseason. I'll opine for Lehigh to come in at 8-3 9-2. After reading the thread perhaps we should expand the playoffs to a field of 64xsmileyclapx. We could play until may, therby shortening next years summer doldrums.

Whoa...AGAIN?!!? (;-). Yes, very doable. I see us as underdog, at this stage, in only the UNH game. Liberty a toss-up, but at home I give us the home field edge. Colgate in the boondocks can be a problem, but definitely winnable based on last year. After tasting the post-season last year, the Mountain Hawks want to take it to the next level, so the motivation will be there.

RichH2
June 10th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Agree, UNH at home , maybe closer but tough to predict a win. Liberty should be fun , if nerve wracking, We should hold on for win but qbs that can run have always given Coach K's D fits.Ivies will be competitive but close wins for LU. In PL , I do not expect a cakewalk. Gate will be very tough at home even without a qb. Every other team will be improved this season, some more than others. Still 8-3 is likely , even if difficult.

eiu1999
June 15th, 2011, 08:37 PM
EIU will be hardpressed to win 4 or more this season.

jmufan999
June 15th, 2011, 10:03 PM
So, I disagree in your statement that SFA losses too much

Alright why do I think SFA looses a lot

i think you both have nothing to lewz.

msupigskin
June 16th, 2011, 05:11 PM
OK - try out this computer simulator for your school's 2011 results:

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone

I stumbled on the simulator a week ago and found it fun. By the way, I might have also liked it because it has Murray State going 10-1 with the following schedule...

Loss to Louisville 43-9 (I think it will be a bit closer)
Win over Miss Valley State 44-3 (name the score)
Win over Tenn St 31-29 (should be a bigger win)
Win over UT-Martin 39-26 (about right)
Win over Jacksonville St 32-25 (coin toss but Racers get home field advantage in OVC game of the season)
Win over Georgia St 28-24 (margin should be bigger)
Win over Eastern Ill 31-25 (much improved EIU with Garropollo at QB)
Win over Eastern Ky 40-37 (home field slight advantage for MSU again in the next biggest OVC tilt of the year)
Win over Tenn Tech 47-40 (the Techsters could spring some upsets in OVC this year)
Win over APSU 40-34 (Racers name the score again)
Win over SEMO 30-17 (SEMO getting lots of pre-season love but loss of RB Harris too much this year)

Jax State and EKU games can go either way and will determine OVC this year. I see Murray State 8-3 or better, which should qualify for playoffs.

See what the computer does with your team's schedule for 2011.

GeauxLions94
June 16th, 2011, 06:14 PM
My (OK, his) prediction ...

http://www.goodguycomics.com/media/00/a20791e12dfde93004670f_m.jpg

Judging by the schedule I see the following:

at Tulane - L (best chance to get FBS win)
Savannah State - W
at Southern Miss - L
at McNeese State * - L
Lamar * - W
at Northwestern State * - L (could go tossup)
Texas State - L (could be tossup)
at Central Arkansas * - W
Sam Houston State * - L
at Stephen F. Austin * - L
Nicholls State * - W

DJKyR0
June 16th, 2011, 07:41 PM
OK - try out this computer simulator for your school's 2011 results:

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone

NDSU...

W vs. Lafayette, 33-18. No way our defense allows even that.
W vs. St. Francis, 43-9. That's more like it.
L at Minnesota, 28-10. Could be, but I think our offense puts up a few more.
W vs. Illinois St., 54-32. Wow.
L @ So. Illinois, 31-22. I doubt the Salukis do that after putting up just six in Fargo last year.
W vs. Missouri St., 28-3. Payback's a beeotch.
L @ SDSU, 29-20. NDSU 0-3 on the road so far.
W vs. No. Iowa, 26-22. Potential conference championship game this season.
W @ Indiana St., 38-19. This one could easily go the other way and could be the big trap game of our season.
W vs. Youngstown St., 28-21. Sounds about right after last season.
W @ W. Illinois, 10-9. Crazy, but I'll take it.

So NDSU once again has a strong push at the end and finishes 8-3, 6-2 in the MVFC. Could be good enough for a conf. championship, especially with a W over UNI. I'd be good with this going down.

Houndawg
June 16th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I don't think you match up very well against UNI unless you can force another 6-3 game. More likely you'll beat SDSU than UNI.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
June 16th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Based on the computer simulators (100 games played):
Sept 3 - @Virginia Tech (ACC Network, 12:30 pm) - 99% Virginia Tech
Sept 10 - NC A&T - 100% ASU
Sept 17 - Savannah St - 100% ASU
Sept 24 - Chattanooga - 76% ASU
Oct 1 - @Wofford - 53% Wofford (average score Wofford 29, ASU 29)
Oct 15 - @The Citadel - 95% ASU
Oct 22 - Samford - 100% ASU
Oct 29 - Georgia Southern - 66% Georgia Southern (average score GSU 32, ASU 26)
Nov 5 - @Furman - 72% ASU
Nov 12 - Western Carolina - 100% ASU
Nov 19 - @Elon - 55% ASU

For the Montana fans, they project the Tennessee game to be 40-12 Tennessee with a 100% probability that Tennessee wins

Houndawg
June 16th, 2011, 08:48 PM
NDSU...

L @ So. Illinois, 31-22. I doubt the Salukis do that after putting up just six in Fargo last year.
W @ Indiana St., 38-19. This one could easily go the other way and could be the big trap game of our season.

So NDSU once again has a strong push at the end and finishes 8-3, 6-2 in the MVFC. Could be good enough for a conf. championship, especially with a W over UNI. I'd be good with this going down.

Funny, I plug in the SIU/ NDSU game and it's says 12-9 SIU, with the losing team dominating the stats, just like 2010. Meh.

bjtheflamesfan
June 16th, 2011, 09:01 PM
bjtheflamesfan already posted predictions at the start of the thread but here is how it shakes out using the simulator:

@ NC State NC State 42-23
vs. Robert Morris Liberty 41-7
vs. JMU Liberty 17-9
@ Lehigh Lehigh 10-9
(Kentucky Wesleyan not listed)
@ Gardner-Webb Liberty 43-18
vs. Coastal Carolina Liberty 32-19
@ Charleston Southern Liberty 46-9
vs. Presbyterian Liberty 41-9
vs. VMI Liberty 31-9
@ Stony Brook Liberty 20-12

Liberty 9-2 (6-0 Big South) 2011 Big South Champions

jmufan999
June 16th, 2011, 10:08 PM
i think 6 to 8 wins is reasonable for JMU. we haven't had fewer than 6 wins since 2002 and return many starters from last year's #15 team (GPI) so i don't see why this is unreasonable.

for everyone *****ting on JMU...
last losing season
1) JMU: 2002
2) UNH: 2003
3) Richmond: 2004
4) Villanova: 2005
5) W&M: 2007
6) Delaware: 2008
7) UMass: 2009
T8) Maine: 2010
T8) URI: 2010
T8) Towson: 2010

even in our "down" years, we're still in the mix.

ODU and GSU are not included until they actually play a conference slate.

eiu1999
June 17th, 2011, 11:04 AM
3-8 for EIU with a possible fourth win against ISU or TSU.

9/1/2011 Illinois State L
9/10/2011 at Northwestern L
9/17/2011 Tennessee Tech W
9/24/2011 at Jacksonville State L
10/1/2011 at Southeast Missouri L
10/8/2011 Eastern Kentucky L
10/15/2011 at Murray State L
10/22/2011 UT Martin W
10/29/2011 at Austin Peay W
11/5/2011 Tennessee State L
11/12/2011 at Southern Illinois L

TTUEagles
June 17th, 2011, 12:13 PM
TENNESSEE TECH
Sep. 3 at Iowa L
Sep. 8 Maryville (Tenn.) W
Sep. 17 at Eastern Ill. * W
Sep. 24 Southeast Mo. St. * W
Oct. 1 at Tenn.-Martin * W
Oct. 15 Tennessee St. * W
Oct. 29 at Jacksonville St. L
Nov. 5 Murray St. W
Nov. 12 at Eastern Ky. L
Nov. 19 Austin Peay W
Hopefully 8-2; Realistically: probably our heritage of finishing around .500 (6-4 this year with only a d*mb*ss 10 games scheduled)
I seriously think only Jax. St., EKU, and Murray are better than TTU this year, and think that possibly TECH can win one of those three, so I picked the home game but, I admit that it's a reach.

eiu1999
June 17th, 2011, 12:19 PM
TENNESSEE TECH
Sep. 3 at Iowa L
Sep. 8 Maryville (Tenn.) W
Sep. 17 at Eastern Ill. * W
Sep. 24 Southeast Mo. St. * W
Oct. 1 at Tenn.-Martin * W
Oct. 15 Tennessee St. * W
Oct. 29 at Jacksonville St. L
Nov. 5 Murray St. W
Nov. 12 at Eastern Ky. L
Nov. 19 Austin Peay W
Hopefully 8-2; Realistically: probably our heritage of finishing around .500 (6-4 this year with only a d*mb*ss 10 games scheduled)
I seriously think only Jax. St., EKU, and Murray are better than TTU this year, and think that possibly TECH can win one of those three, so I picked the home game but, I admit that it's a reach.

We'll see about that one.

TTUEagles
June 17th, 2011, 12:24 PM
We'll see about that one.

After last year's game and who each team returns/lost...I like our chances. We never play well way up there, though.

eiu1999
June 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM
After last year's game and who each team returns/lost...I like our chances. We never play well way up there, though.

That's why I'm taking it, EIU will be more of a passing team this year for sure with some good targets to throw to.

msupigskin
June 17th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Murray State does not traditionally play well at TTU. And, I agree that Tech will be a solid team this season. Still, I like the Racers at Cookeville in a slugfest. The 2010 game last was when TTU had lots of injuries. Murray's QB had one of his worst games of the season, but was later revealed that he was diagnosed with strep throat the day before. Good to see more OVC input on this board.

TheBisonator
June 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
NDSU...

Based on that site, for me it had NDSU going 7-4 with losses to UNI, SIU, SDSU and MINN. The Minnesota, SDSU and SIU games were all 1 point losses.

ngineer
June 18th, 2011, 10:20 AM
NDSU...

Definitely an uphill fight for the 'pards. With big numbers of question marks about their offense, especially early in the year, and considering what I've read about your defense, this could be a shutout. However, Lafayette has always played tough defense, so this could be a low scoring affair, more like 16-3.

ncbears
June 18th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Here's my predictions for UNC.

Sept 3rd: Lindenwood (NAIA) They're a vary talented transitioning D2 school. They averaged 53 points against their opponents. They lost a lot of talent, but they seem to be one of those teams that re-load. I say this is a toss-up.

Sept 10th: Colorado State I can't wait for this game! The two campuses are only a half hour away from each other. We might not be that good, but neither are the Rams. They've struggled to beat previous Big Sky opponents like Weber and Sac State. I don't think UNC will win, but it will be close for most of the game. CSU 21, UNC 10

Sept 17th: Idaho State Kramer is a good coach but it will take a few years to rebuild. I say UNC 28, ISU 21

Sept 24th: Weber State Bears have that sting from losing a tough game in Ogden last year. Bears win 13, WSU 7

Oct 1: Montana We always struggle against Montana. Grizz 31, Bears 13

Oct 8th: Sac State The hornets have our number. Maybe not with our new coaching staff, but Sac State is going to be pretty good this year (not top 25 though). Sac State 21, UNC 13

Oct 15th: EWU I think we will give the national champs a good scare, but fall short. Eagles 21, UNC 16

OCT 29th: North Dakota An old NCC match up. Bears win this one at home. UNC 10, ND 7

Nov 5th: NAU Flagstaff is always a tough place to play for us. NAU 13, UNC 10

Nov 12: Portland State The Vikes have the best running back in the conference and some young talent. Bears win in a close one. UNC 28, PSU 20.

So that puts us at 5 wins (6 with a toss up against Lindenwood). I like what coach Collins is doing at UNC and he's putting the discipline back in to the program that was missing under Downing. That could help us win those close games that we let slip by the past few years.

I'm going to take mine back and say we will only win 3 games only because our all-conference wide receiver, Jace Davis is academically ineligible. He's a game changer and now that he's gone for the year, I say it takes away 2 games. He's that good. Also, our best recruit who redshirted last year is in the same boat (Ryland Widener). An ESPN top 100 defensive lineman. My outlook for the season took a dismal turn.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Sept. 17--OPEN
Sept. 24--at Minnesota - L, Jerry Kill has the Gophers on a positive road, wins a close one

IMO, the Bison go 6-0 at home this year.

Those 4 losses could definitely happen this year, esp in the MV. Bison will probably loss 2-3 on the road and finish 8-3 or 9-2 with a 1st round bye and a 2nd round home game.

Red & Black
June 25th, 2011, 12:18 PM
SEP. 3 @ Washington - This will be the first time the two teams have met and I think it should be a fun game. The Eagles have the talent to move the ball on UW at times, and should put up some points. The defense will most likely be focused on trying to stop Chris Polk and the UW running game, although EWU will also be breaking in two new starting corners, so there is the potential to give up some yards through the air. In the end UW's Pac-10 depth will probably be too much for the Eagles to handle.

L, 19-35 (0-1)

SEP. 10 @ South Dakota - This should play out to be a good game for the Eags, even though they go on the road. I think the Yotes come to play when they host the defending Champs, but a transitional USD will be over-matched against EWU's high powered offense.

W, 34-20, (1-1)

SEP. 17 @ Montana - One of several key games for the Eagles which usually proves to be a barn burner with several of the match-ups in the past few years having gone down to the last minute of play. Defensively, Montana will be very good this year, perhaps the best in the Big Sky. Offensively they will be starting a new QB and trying to replace the productivity of Chase Reynolds who was a staple of their offense for the past several years. The Griz also replace a few offensive lineman. If EWU's defense plays to it's ability, the Eagles will win this one.

W, 32-23 (2-1, 1-0 Big Sky)

SEP. 24 vs. Montana St. - Probably the biggest conference game of the year for EWU and could go a long way to determine the Big Sky Champion. Playing the Bobcats of Montana State the week after the Griz game is always a daunting task and a sweep of the Montana schools has not happened since 2005. MSU will be very talented on the offensive side of the ball and should be improved along both lines. They key to winning this game will be in containing MSU's game changing QB Denarius McGhee, who will undoubtedly get his yards in looking to exploit EWU's young corners. McGhee is as dynamic player as they come, but EWU has tremendous speed in the LB and DE positions. McGhee will also have to deal with two talented defensive tackles in All-American Renard Williams and UW transfer Pulu. EWU will be bolstered by playing it's first home game of the season on the red turf and the Championship Dedication prior to the game. The Eags know how much this game means and will be ready.

W, 41-38 (1OT) (3-1, 2-0 Big Sky)

OCT. 1 vs. Weber St. - Weber State will be trying to find it's identity offensively this year after losing their starting QB of the last 4 years Cameron Higgins and a few other key players. WSU always plays a physical brand of football, and it will be no different this year, but they won't be experience enough offensively to handle EWU's veteran defense.

W, 36-14 (4-1, 3-0 Big Sky)

OCT. 8 @ Northern Ariz. - The Eags travel to the newly renovated Walk-up Skydome in week 5 to take on the Lumberjacks of NAU, a bit of a mystery team after losing their outstanding QB Michael Herrick to graduation. This game always seems to be a shoot out whenever it's played in Flagstaff. The good news is that EWU generally comes out on top when that happens.

W, 42-28 (5-1, 4-0 Big Sky)

OCT. 15 vs. Northern Colo. - The Eags return home in week 6 to host the Bears of UNC, who put up a great fight in Greeley last year. The Bears will be breaking in a new system, however, and I don't see them being able to pull this one out, with or without Jace Davis.

W, 45-17 (6-1, 5-0 Big Sky)

OCT. 22 at Sacramento St. - The Hornets will be looking to avenge last year's close loss on the road, and might have the team this year to do just that. This game could go either way, but because Sac will be improved and should have one of the better QB's in the conference, if we're going to falter in conference play it will probably be on the road in this one.

L, 17-24 (6-2, 5-1 Big Sky)

OCT. 29 vs. Portland St. - The last two meeting between these teams have been very one-sided affairs. The Vikings struggled to move the ball and EWU's offense scored at will. This game could be much of the same if PSU has not found the right personnel to run it's pistol offense and an improved defense. This game will be closer than the previous two meetings, but the result should be the same, especially with EWU playing it's last home game of the season.

W, 48-21 (7-2, 6-1 Big Sky)

NOV. 7 BYE

NOV. 12 at Cal Poly - EWU has traditionally often struggled against option type teams, which is not surprising at all, given the fact that no one runs that offense in the Big Sky. The Eags also generally do not play that well coming off a bye week and the Mustangs will be out to prove that they will be legitimate contenders when they begin conference play in 2012. For some reason, I am just worried this might be one of those "WTF?" games.

L, 21-31 (7-3, 6-1 Big Sky)

NOV. 19 at Idaho St. - This game should be a lot of fun. ISU hired former EWU and MSU coach Mike Kramer, who knows how to motivate his teams for big games, and this will be one of the biggest games of the year for the Bengals, who despite their lowly records the past several season have taken both UM and MSU down to the wire at Holt Arena. I expect an emotional game on both sides, with ISU wanting to leave the 2011 season with a bang, and the Eags playing for a probable playoff spot. In the end, EWU's superior talent will prevail, although I expect this one to be closer than most might think.

W, 24-17 (8-3, 7-1 Big Sky)

Overall synopsis: Last year's 9-2 regular season record will be hard to replicate without game changer Taiwan Jones in the backfield and Buchanan Award winner JC Sherritt providing leadership to the defense. However, EWU's offense will be loaded once again and led by veteran QB Bo Levi Mitchell, the MVP of last year's NC game. The Eags will also return almost it's entire offensive line and will have one of the most talented receiving corps in FCS. Although you can never replace a player like TJ, there were times last season when the EWU offense was actually more balanced when he was not playing. In the backfield Sophomores Mario Brown and UW transfer Demetrious Bronson will provide plenty of talent along with Senior Darrielle Beumonte, who is also a ST standout. Defensively, the team will be led by All-American Seniors S Matt Johnson and DT Renard Williams. The Eagles will be deep along the defensive line and should have one of the more talented LB corps with Matt's brother Johnson transitioning to Strong side LB to replace the departed Sherritt. The main focus will be getting two new starting corners up to the level of play of everyone else.

Although I don't expect the magic of last season to play out the same, this will be one of the most talented teams in the Division and a lot of things will have to go wrong for the Eags not to at least be back in the playoffs in 2011.

Ivytalk
June 25th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Harvard has won at least 7 games every year this century, so I'll go out on a limb and say 7-3!

TheRevSFA
June 25th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I've been thinking SFA will go 7-4. It's hard to get a good look without knowing how Moses' replacement will do.

blueballs
June 26th, 2011, 07:38 AM
GSU goes 8-3 with losses @Wofford, @App, and @ Alabama, makes the playoffs and hosts in the round of 16. Barring injuries (which nobody can predict) they will be a tough out in the playoffs.

McNeese75
June 26th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Somewhere in the 7-4 to 9-2 area. Depends on how bad the injury bug bites, how well the sophomore or jr transfer QB step up and the rs fresh LBs contribute.

parr90
July 11th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Georgia Southern 14-1 National Champs this season. #7

carney2
July 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Harvard has won at least 7 games every year this century, so I'll go out on a limb and say 7-3!

Where exactly can you find 3 losses in this stroll thru the cupcakes?!:

Sep 17, 2011 at Holy Cross
Sep 23, 2011 Brown *
Oct 1, 2011 at Lafayette
Oct 8, 2011 at Cornell *
Oct 15, 2011 Bucknell
Oct 22, 2011 Princeton *
Oct 29, 2011 Dartmouth *
Nov 5, 2011 at Columbia *
Nov 12, 2011 Penn *
Nov 19, 2011 at Yale *

Even the toughest game (Penn) is at home.

bjtheflamesfan
July 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM
For all you guys who just gave record predictions, care to break it down as far as wins and losses? (oh and to parr90...can we assume you think theyll go 11-1 in the regular season and would you care to break it down just so we know where that loss would come?)

HailSzczur
January 9th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Here's a bored college student amusing himself as he sits at home on break with the mystical mythical championship game on in the back ground. Was thinking about this earlier, wondering how far off we all were with our predictions this year, here are some of the interesting ones:

Big Sky Champions, #2 seed in the playoffs with 3 more games on the red before we defend our title in Frisco. xnodx

Sept. 17--OPEN

UD goes 8-3 or 9-2 and gets to at least the quarterfinal round.

I like ASU to finish 9-2 (7-1 SoCon) and get a couple home games at KBS for the playoffs. Anything short of the National Semifinals will be disappointing for me and if the defense surpasses expectations, the sky is the limit.

And wow was I wrong:

.....but he was even farther off

TheRevSFA
January 9th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I've been thinking SFA will go 7-4. It's hard to get a good look without knowing how Moses' replacement will do.

6-5 Damn I was close...

JSUBison
January 9th, 2012, 08:28 PM
W Sept. 3 LAFAYETTE
W Sept. 10 SAINT FRANCIS (PA)
Tossup Sept. 24 at Minnesota
W Oct. 1 *ILLINOIS STATE (HOMECOMING)
L Oct. 8 *at Southern Illinois
W Oct. 15 *MISSOURI STATE
W Oct. 22 *at South Dakota State(Dakota Marker)
W Oct. 29 *NORTHERN IOWA
W Nov. 5 *at Indiana State
L Nov. 12 *YOUNGSTOWN STATE(Harvest Bowl)
W Nov. 19 *at Western Illinois
*–Missouri Valley Football Conference games

I don't pat myself on the back too often, but I am pleased with my preseason prognostication. Accurately predicted the YSU loss, and my SIU pick as a loss looked like it was going to happen for much of the game. NDSU won only 9-3. Thanks for bumping this szczur, it was interesting to read back and see how close or far some people got in their predictions.

rutlandbison
January 9th, 2012, 08:44 PM
That would be HILARIOUS, and the funny thing is that I could see it happening.

It would also be really funny to see the defending national champs lose game after game after game and completely miss the playoffs. O wait.......

MSUDuo
January 9th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Win more than one game...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

HailSzczur
January 9th, 2012, 09:38 PM
It would also be really funny to see the defending national champs lose game after game after game and completely miss the playoffs. O wait.......

You better watch the whole defending champ mudslinging.....cause all eyes are on you now and it would be pretty embarrassing if you did the same

asumike83
January 9th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Here's a bored college student amusing himself as he sits at home on break with the mystical mythical championship game on in the back ground. Was thinking about this earlier, wondering how far off we all were with our predictions this year, here are some of the interesting ones:

I was actually really close with the regular season. Called 9-2 (7-1) and got 8-3 (6-2). That damn Furman game got me! I expected more in the postseason but unfortunately, I got that disappointment I was hoping to avoid.

HailSzczur
January 9th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I was actually really close with the regular season. Called 9-2 (7-1) and got 8-3 (6-2). That damn Furman game got me! I expected more in the postseason but unfortunately, I got that disappointment I was hoping to avoid.

I was impressed with your regular season picks, I just found it amusing that another CAA team marched into Boone and wrecked your playoff picks in a decisive manner

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2012, 06:28 AM
You better watch the whole defending champ mudslinging.....cause all eyes are on you now and it would be pretty embarrassing if you did the same

LOL...not going to happen with NDSU. This team is "heavy" with soph starters and freshman playing a lot also....not many juniors on the team. I would be very surprised if this team did not contend for a NC again next year.

frozennorth
January 10th, 2012, 06:52 AM
i think NDSU goes 10-1 or 9-2 next year. YSU, InSU, SDSU, SIU all home games, Colorado State is and will be awful. They drop a game (or two) at IlSU, UNI, or USD, or YSU again at home.

McNeese72
January 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Somewhere in the 7-4 to 9-2 area. Depends on how bad the injury bug bites, how well the sophomore or jr transfer QB step up and the rs fresh LBs contribute.

The injury bug bit very hard, especially on the offensive line. That is one position that killed us this past season.

Doc

Sammy94
January 10th, 2012, 08:17 AM
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/200/LG/LGBFHGHMXDUOHIM.20111113035326.jpg

Perhaps losing 1/2 close games with losing our OC, but with over 90% of our players returning I predict another one of these trophies. xnodx

darell1976
January 10th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I am going to say 9-2 (8 DI wins). Losses to Montana State, and San Diego State. Wins at home against SD Mines (NAIA), Portland State, Cal Poly (payback for last year), NAU, Montana (packed house for that one), and SUU. Road wins against Sac St, Eastern Washington, and UNC.

PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!!!xthumbsupx

344Johnson
January 10th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I am going to say 9-2 (8 DI wins). Losses to Montana State, and San Diego State. Wins at home against SD Mines (NAIA), Portland State, Cal Poly (payback for last year), NAU, Montana (packed house for that one), and SUU. Road wins against Sac St, Eastern Washington, and UNC.

I'll say UND loses to Montana State, San Diego State, Cal Poly(toss up-ish), Montana, and EWU. Other than Cal Poly, I feel pretty certain about these games ending up in losses. I think it'll be a rough couple of years for the Ol' UND. Having trouble with UNC and Sioux Falls gives little reason to be feeling THAT optomistic.

MTfan4life
January 10th, 2012, 08:54 AM

I'm all for your entertaining predictions Darell, but you should maybe start a 2012 thread. It's kind of out of place in this thread. JMO

AmsterBison
January 10th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Heck, I don't think NDSU even has the 2012 schedule completed yet.

There are several MVFC defenses that match up very well against NDSU's offense so getting back to the playoffs will be a chore (plus NDSU plays at UNI and Youngstown State this year.)

NDSU loses a lot of talent, leadership, and offensive line nastiness.

darell1976
January 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I'll say UND loses to Montana State, San Diego State, Cal Poly(toss up-ish), Montana, and EWU. Other than Cal Poly, I feel pretty certain about these games ending up in losses. I think it'll be a rough couple of years for the Ol' UND. Having trouble with UNC and Sioux Falls gives little reason to be feeling THAT optomistic.

You take 2 games that UND was behind but came back to win...what about ranked USD, down by 20 in the 4th and scored 21 to win. This team shows some promise. 2010 they were 3-8, this year 8-3 with 5 of those wins FCS wins. 3 of those wins were on the road at ranked SUU, UC Davis, and UNC. UND was 9 minutes from beating Fresno State and had a halftime lead at Idaho. They are NOT a bad team, and are extremely tough at home (ask NDSU), EW lost to South Dakota, Sac St lost to UC Davis, and Southern Utah. I think UND can take those two teams on the road, and UND can beat Montana..UND played Montana extremely tough in 2010 in Missoula, this time its in our house. This is why games are played we can go 0-11 or 11-0. This is what makes predicting fun...its all a guess.

darell1976
January 10th, 2012, 09:04 AM
I'm all for your entertaining predictions Darell, but you should maybe start a 2012 thread. It's kind of out of place in this thread. JMO

I tought it was an add on, just following frozennorth's 2012 prediction. Sorry MTfan4life. I see your point.

seantaylor
January 10th, 2012, 01:18 PM
10-1 in regular season. National champions.

TheRevSFA
January 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Looking at next year..I think 8-3 for SFA...Losses to SMU, Tx State, and probably either UCA or Sam.

CrazyCat
January 10th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Looking at next year..I think 8-3 for SFA...Losses to SMU, Tx State, and probably either UCA or Sam.

xcoffeex

Ivytalk
January 10th, 2012, 01:45 PM

Dang! Sold ourselves short by 2 games!

Sam_Kats
January 10th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Kats lose 1 game & host 3 playoff games at Bowers. Meet NDSU in Frisco again. Another great game.

ngineer
January 10th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Well, I was wrong this year, going with my "usual" 9-2 and prediction, the Mountain Hawks out did me by going 10-1 and missing 11-0 by two missed extra points.From the Preseason Prediction thread:

I love this part of the preseason. I'll opine for Lehigh to come in at 8-3 9-2. After reading the thread perhaps we should expand the playoffs to a field of 64. We could play until may, therby shortening next years summer doldrums.

Whoa...AGAIN?!!? (;-). Yes, very doable. I see us as underdog, at this stage, in only the UNH game. Liberty a toss-up, but at home I give us the home field edge. Colgate in the boondocks can be a problem, but definitely winnable based on last year. After tasting the post-season last year, the Mountain Hawks want to take it to the next level, so the motivation will be there.

Can't wait for next year!

Seawolf97
January 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Once I see the rest of our scheduleI will let you know. Other than our Big South games - we have CCSU and Colgate home and away at Army.

TheRevSFA
January 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
xcoffeex

We aren't playing at Wa-Grizz..:D I think we can hang with the Bobcats

TheRevSFA
January 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Kats lose 1 game & host 3 playoff games at Bowers. Meet NDSU in Frisco again. Another great game.

Sam loses one game..especially if it is in conference..they won't be hosting 3 games at Bowers.

RichH2
January 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Well,I undersold Lehigh last season predicting 8-3,9-2, we have a bit easier OOC schedule next year but lose a ton of talent. I'll fall back on my usual 8-3 until Andy picks a qb for 2012

jmufan999
January 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
i think 6 to 8 wins is reasonable for JMU. we haven't had fewer than 6 wins since 2002 and return many starters from last year's #15 team (GPI) so i don't see why this is unreasonable.

Patting myself on the back.

Sammy94
January 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM

I know everyone is still excited but we lose our OC and play at Baylor, even without their Heisman QB that realistically is a loss early on. Central Ark, SFA, and McNeese are always tough games so we may lose one of those. Kats lose 2 games, win the Southland.

Smitty
January 11th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Early predictions show that WCU will have a team next year!

busybee14
January 11th, 2012, 04:05 PM
going out on a limb(albeit a flimsy one) with this one,Wagner WILL win the NEC in 2012.Look for huge changes at key positions.