PDA

View Full Version : Washaun Ealey to JSU

Cocky
June 2nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Several people are reporting the transfer

The Eagle's Cliff
June 2nd, 2011, 07:01 PM
He's a great running back obviously. I hope he gets around the right people and does well there. ECI (Emanuel County Institute) is just up the road from Statesboro and I watched him play several times during his high school career. He has all the talent anyone could want.

Tuscon
June 2nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
One of the toughest games on our schedule just got a lot worse looking.

Redbirdz
June 2nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
Also got Ole Miss linebacker transfer Clarence Jackson; several more IA transfers coming. A big year is ahead.

JSUBison
June 2nd, 2011, 09:38 PM
Also got Ole Miss linebacker transfer Clarence Jackson; several more IA transfers coming. A big year is ahead.

I'll be sure to check the court docket. I'm going out on a limb and saying this might not be a good idea. But I hope I'm proven 100% wrong.

PaladinFan
June 3rd, 2011, 07:33 AM
Big year like the time JSU was going to win when Perriloux transfered?

Nothing against the Gamecocks, but how many times do these "big name" transfers really make that much of a difference on the national scene? Lot of hype, not a lot of results.

UCMoc
June 3rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
They are starting to become the Jacksonville Home for Wayward Boys. Ealy was nothing but trouble at UGA and the linebacker from Ole Miss seems to have a little trouble with the sauce.

citdog
June 3rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
They are starting to become the Jacksonville Home for Wayward Boys. Ealy was nothing but trouble at UGA and the linebacker from Ole Miss seems to have a little trouble with the sauce.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/000-1007162622-pot_kettle.jpg

UCMoc
June 3rd, 2011, 09:20 AM
Please, didn't you guys come in third in your own city last year behind Charleston Southern, and a sorority flag football team from C of C?

citdog
June 3rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Please, didn't you guys come in third in your own city last year behind Charleston Southern, and a sorority flag football team from C of C?

univ of tenn gay softball draws better than chatt.

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/deadspingaysoftball150.jpg

UCMoc
June 3rd, 2011, 09:48 AM
univ of tenn gay softball draws better than chatt.

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/deadspingaysoftball150.jpg

I suppose it's a good thing that attendance at the games is mandatory for cadets otherwise you guys would really struggle to get anyone to show. Most people would rather watch their grandparents make love than sit through a Citadel football game.

citdog
June 3rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
I suppose it's a good thing that attendance at the games is mandatory for cadets otherwise you guys would really struggle to get anyone to show. Most people would rather watch their grandparents make love than sit through a Citadel football game.

take away the Corps and we STILL draw better than you and you're the only game in town. it's actually VERY VERY sad.

UCMoc
June 3rd, 2011, 10:03 AM
take away the Corps and we STILL draw better than you and you're the only game in town. it's actually VERY VERY sad.

I hate to burst your bubble, but apparently the math department is as bad as the barber shop at maximum security college.
2010 Average Attendance Figures:
24. Chattanooga 12699
27. Citadel 11445

In defense of your fans, you had one more home game than us and six games of looking at your cheerleaders is enough to make even the toughest fans a little squeamish.

Cocky
June 3rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
Big year like the time JSU was going to win when Perriloux transfered?

Nothing against the Gamecocks, but how many times do these "big name" transfers really make that much of a difference on the national scene? Lot of hype, not a lot of results.
RP was ok at JSU. We were under APR sanctions at the time so no playoffs. FSU had to score in the last seconds or he would have put us in the nation scene.
He was probably the only big time name transfer we've ever had while FCS.

citdog
June 3rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, but apparently the math department is as bad as the barber shop at maximum security college.
2010 Average Attendance Figures:
24. Chattanooga 12699
27. Citadel 11445

In defense of your fans, you had one more home game than us and six games of looking at your cheerleaders is enough to make even the toughest fans a little squeamish.

one season does not a history make. it's SAD you can have 5 times the students and in YOUR BEST SEASON DRAW LESS THAN 1,200 MORE FANS THAN WE CAN IN ONE OF OUR WORST. CONGRATS MOCS!!!!!!

Redbirdz
June 3rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Well, I guess Chatty and Furman will get to see for themselves if these guys fit in.

UCMoc
June 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Well, I guess Chatty and Furman will get to see for themselves if these guys fit in.

The Chattanooga-JSU game didn't need anything to get more interesting. After last year, I think both teams will be looking forward to this game. Having sat for hours in the rain at your place last year only to be sent home in such heart-breaking fashion, I can only hope we return the favor.

OL FU
June 3rd, 2011, 11:41 AM

Hey, I ain't complaining. We've had our share. Some of been great, some have been good, some no impact. And some the outcome is still in question.

PaladinFan
June 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
RP was ok at JSU. We were under APR sanctions at the time so no playoffs. FSU had to score in the last seconds or he would have put us in the nation scene.
He was probably the only big time name transfer we've ever had while FCS.

The Perriloux comment was directed at JSU, but the transfer comment was more of a general statement.

If you weigh the hype versus production, I would submit you find only a small number of guys that lived up to their expectations. A lot of these guys come in with emotional baggage, can't get their head on straight, can't focus on football, and end up amounting to very little.

Ealey is a good back. He should do fine, I just think history teaches us that these guys rarely carry a team to the promised land.

GaSouthern
June 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
I just think history teaches us that these guys rarely carry a team to the promised land.

One random patch of ice kept Ingle Martin from taking Furman to that spoken land :D

(that was one of the most exciting games I saw last decade and I was actually pulling for FU before you get too mad at me)

SpeedkingATL
June 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
JSU will be a better team if they can keep Ealey eligible and interested in playing.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b9KzV

Cocky
June 3rd, 2011, 02:39 PM
I would take Ingle Martin in less than a second.

citdog
June 3rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
I would take Ingle Martin in less than a second.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TYZfBjp-Cvo/Tbs0upDfnGI/AAAAAAAAAiU/hiUT7z7da9k/s1600/thatswhatshesaid.jpg