PDA

View Full Version : 100 DAYS! 13th Annual GAS Countdown!

GreatAppSt
May 24th, 2011, 08:50 AM
xhurrayxxhurrayxOnly 100 days left!!!xhurrayxxhurrayx

Welcome one and all to the 13th Annual GreatAppSt Countdown!! It's that time again girls n' boys, WOOOOT!!!

Who cares about Memorial day shopping, Fouth of July, and Lazy days of Summer. I'm looking past all that yet again, towards College football season, fall weather, outdoor culinary delights, good spirits, ;-} and gatherings of friends young and old, and even many friends from opposing teams.

I know that if you're here reading this (again)you're looking forward with as much enthusiasm and anticipation as I am.
13 Years, to old to even type a new intro just cut n pastexshhhx. I like to thank all the fans from many teams and different boards, who have joined in and expressed their enjoyment of the countdown over many years. Again, it has been and is still a great pleasure for me to do the countdown for Y'all.

Pardon my musing back for awhile. Just 13 years ago my computer was running on the then new Windows 98, and a 56k dialup modem was the shize. I had just traded my pager for a new fangled analog cell phone. 13 years was 4 homes ago (soon to be 5 homes. I was still living in my first house. I was still working at my first real job and Soldiering a weekend a month. Still had my first Dog from the college days.

I was 32 and fit, now 45 and flabby, Lulu was still in her 20's. Keeping up with the I-AA football teams required some detective work back then, and tuning in to Headline News into the wee hours, upon returning from games to watch the score ticker. I fought a lot of fights with FBS I-A trolls on the ESPN board before they essentially kicked the then I-AA areas off their site. So many fast paced chages have happened it's bewildering if you dwell on it much. However, I must confess, I do take some comfort in a few things that remain the same and will always be so, since then. GSU still stinks and Cappy was already fat:p.

Now on to the same ol' yearly intro!!!!

The G.A.S. Countdown is NOT just the often used impersonal, automatic backwards clock ticker (when I started this there were no others of any kind that I could find and trust me I looked). This countdown IS a work of passion for the enjoyment of others and myself. The G.A.S. countdown IS the often IMITATED but never duplicated ORIGINAL (like a Coney Island hot dog) build up to a new season of thrills, chills, and spills. Fun for ALL and all are welcomed along for the (like all Italian pizzeria's claim), Worlds Best Countdown!

THE RULES
1.) This is the G.A.S. Countdown.

2.) Only full 24 hr Calendar days
left before 12:01am of gameday are counted. The day before gameday is counted at Zero, as are only hours are left then.

3.) I countdown to Gameday, the beginning of what my heart is passionate for, the start of APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITIES FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

4.) Barring catastophic events the day will be posted this is my pledge. Please be patient it may be later in the evening before I have a chance to post.

5.) Follow up posts with player info from other I-AA teams are encouraged and warmly welcomed. I love reading about players bios and stats from the competion.

6.) (Actually more of a pet peeve/request) I understand that some teams start their season before ASU and some after, this is the case every year. I assume most AGS posters have or are working on some level of higher education. So if your team has one of the other start dates just subtract or add those days in your head for your own count. Please just post your player with the rest of us, your more than welcome to do so without starting a new thread with a different count. It clutters the board. Also, please post follow ups only to the current days thread, it's very confusing to look at the board and 86 days is ahead of 80 days which is ahead 79 days. If you miss posting of a player on a previous day just add it to the current days thread, we'll more than understand . Thanks Y'alls help for a smooth countdown will be much appreciated.

FCS IS BEST, ENJOY!!

ERIC aka G.A.S.

No player with # 100, so here's the Traditional Coaches posting.

Apps HC Jerry Moore

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics10/400/MB/MBAGYFYXXMJWRBL.20081219033414.jpg

Jerry Moore just completed his 22'nd season at the helm of Appalachian State University’s football program.

Honors

AFCA National Coach of the Year:
2005, 2006, 2007

Eddie Robinson Award:
AFCA Regional Coach of the Year:
1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2008

SoCon Coach of the Year:
1991, 1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2008

The winningest football coach in ASU and Southern Conference history, Moore is 178-73 in 20 seasons at Appalachian and 205-121-2 in 27 years as a head coach, which includes stints at North Texas (1979-80) and Texas Tech (1981-85). He is one of only four active NCAA Division I FCS head coaches with 200 career victories and 23rd among all NCAA Division I coaches (FCS or FBS) in all-time victories.

Despite the success that Moore has enjoyed at nearly every stop of his 48-year coaching career, the past four seasons have cemented his standing as one of the game’s all-time great mentors.

Moore led the Mountaineers to three-consecutive NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS — formerly Division I-AA) national titles from 2005-07. He also led the Apps to their fourth-straight SoCon title in 2008 with a perfect 8-0 conference record, marking just the fourth time in the 76-year history of the venerable league that a program has won four championships in a row.

Since the beginning of the title run in 2005, Moore’s Mountaineers compiled a 50-9 record and etched themselves in the record books with a number of other “firsts.” Most notably, the Apps became the first institution from the state of North Carolina to ever win an NCAA football championship at any level when it defeated Northern Iowa, 21-16, in the 2005 Division I-AA national title game — a feat they repeated with wins over Massachusetts (28-17) and Delaware (49-21) in the 2006 and ‘07 NCAA Division I national championship tilts.

Additionally, Appalachian became a household name when Moore led his troops to perhaps the biggest upset in college football history, a 34-32 triumph over Michigan in the 2007 season opener. The victory over the Wolverines, college football’s all-time winningest program which came into the contest ranked No. 5 in the Associated Press’ Top 25 college football poll, marked the first time that an FCS team ever toppled a nationally ranked FBS opponent.

However, Moore’s success at ASU did not begin in 2005, as the Mountaineers’ triumphs over the past four seasons has enhanced Moore’s standing as one of the nation’s finest coaches rather than defined it. In addition to racking up 178 victories at ASU – 68 more than the second-winningest coach in SoCon history, legendary Duke mentor Wallace Wade – Moore has led ASU to seven conference championships and 14 postseason appearances. In his 20 seasons at ASU, 54 of his players have earned all-America recognition a total of 76 times.

Moore is no stranger to individual awards himself, as he is a three-time American Football Coaches Association National Coach of the Year (2005, 2006, 2007) and the only Division I (FCS or FBS) mentor in the 74-year history of the award to win it three years in a row. He also won the 2006 Eddie Robinson Award (National Coach of the Year) from The Sports Network, is a five-time AFCA Regional Coach of the Year (1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2008) and record six-time SoCon Coach of the Year (1991, 1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2008). In 2009, he will be inducted into the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame.

In addition to his 20-year tenure at ASU, Moore served as head coach at North Texas (1979-80) and Texas Tech (1981-85) and spent 15 seasons on the staffs of legendary mentors Hayden Fry, Tom Osborne and Ken Hatfield at SMU (1965-72), Nebraska (1973-78) and Arkansas (1988). He continued to add to his already impressive coaching resume in January 2006 when he served as an assistant coach at the annual Hula Bowl all-star game in Honolulu.

Moore began his coaching career with four seasons as an assistant at Corsicana H.S. in Texas after graduating from Baylor in 1961. At Baylor, he finished among the nation’s top 10 in receptions as a wide receiver and was a team captain for the 11th-ranked Bears as a senior.

A native of Bonham, Texas, Moore was an all-state performer on the gridiron and earned 14 varsity letters in four sports at Bonham H.S. He is a member of the Bonham Athletics Hall of Fame.

An active and well-respected member of the American Football Coaches Association, Moore is also active in various church and civic groups. His sense of community has never been more evident than in the months following ASU's three national-championship runs, when he practiced a “never say no” philosophy with regards to the numerous speaking engagements that he was asked to participate in. As many as five nights a week, Moore has traveled across the Carolinas and the Southeast to appear at as many of the banquets, clinics and other engagements that he was asked to speak at as possible.

Tribe4SF
May 24th, 2011, 09:17 AM
All hail GAS, and the countdown!!!

Head Coach Jimmye Laycock

Few schools feature a better match at the helm of its program than the College of William and Mary has with Jimmye Laycock. In a tenure that now reaches its third decade, Laycock has worked hand-in-hand with the College's world-class academic tradition and fashioned a program that is a point of pride for the campus, alumni and community.

Laycock is one of the nation's longest tenured and most respected head coaches. He has authored a school-record 200 wins (against 141 losses and two ties) and 20 winning ledgers since first taking over the program in 1980. The Tribe has also appeared in 12 postseason contests with Laycock at the helm and advanced to the NCAA Semifinals twice in the last six years.

On June 21, 2008, the College dedicated the $11 million Jimmye Laycock Football Center with a ceremony that featured more than 500 friends and alumni of the program. While the building carries his name and stands as a strong symbol of what Laycock has meant to the Tribe, it makes a stronger statement about the school's commitment to football and the program's proud tradition.
Laycock has never compromised academic standards for athletic success, as his program earned recognition from the NCAA in each of the first six seasons the organization has awarded outstanding academic achievement. When Laycock, a 1970 grad, returned to coach his alma mater prior to the 1980 season, he inherited a program that had won six or more games in a season just four times in the previous 25 years. Few could have predicted that the College would produce more than three times that amount of seven-win seasons over the next quarter century.

The accumulated successes, both on and off the field, have led to an era of unprecedented interest and support for his program. Evidence of this is provided in the fact the Tribe averaged more than 10,000 fans per game over the last four seasons.

During Laycock's tenure, the fans at Zable have consistently been treated to a winner on the field, as the program's mentor ranks in the top 10 of all active FCS head coaches in terms of career wins. Laycock is also second among active conference head coaches in career league wins with 82.

Laycock has made the home turf in Zable Stadium into unfriendly territory for opponents as the Tribe has won 71.7 percent of its games (107-42-1) in Williamsburg in the last 26 years. W&M has turned in eight undefeated regular season home campaigns.

Individual accomplishments under Laycock have been plentiful, as he has also tutored 33 players to 86 All-America honors from the William and Mary ranks and has coached 11 Academic All-Americans. Former quarterback Lang Campbell is the most decorated of all, as the 2004 season saw him earn the prestigious Payton Award, given annually to the nation's top offensive player in the FCS ranks, consensus first team All-America honors, as well as the A-10's Offensive Player of the Year and Scholar-Athlete of the Year. The Tribe has produced an astounding 161 all-conference selections since 1993.

While no one season can define a career that spans three decades, the 2009 campaign was exceptionally remarkable. The Tribe equaled a school record with 11 victories and advanced to the NCAA Semifinals for the second time in the last six seasons. En route to being ranked as high as third nationally in the final polls, the College led the nation in rushing defense by surrendering just 61.14 yards per game - a school record. Additionally, W&M ranked second nationally in total defense (229.79) and scoring defense (12.07), while it ranked third in sacks (3.43) and eighth in tackles for a loss (8.00). Laycock also became part of the exclusive 200-win club as he became just the 13 FCS head coach to reach the milestone with the NCAA Quarterfinal victory at top-ranked Southern Illinois.

Prior to the '09 season, the 2004 campaign highlighted Laycock's resume as W&M set a school record for wins (11), won the Atlantic 10 Football Conference's automatic NCAA bid, hosted a NCAA semifinal game before a standing room only crowd at Zable Stadium in front of a national television audience and finished the year with a school record No. 3 final national ranking. Along the way, a bevy of school single-season records fell; total points (486), total yards (6,044) and home wins (seven), to name just a few.

When looking at the NCAA Division I Championship Division world, the Tribe's stellar 185-89-2 (.674) record against fellow Championship Division foes during Laycock's career also confirms the success of his formula. The College also boasts a 82-56 mark in league play.

The 1996 campaign is another prime example of how Laycock has perpetuated a winning tradition within W&M's rigorous classroom standards, as he led a youth-laden squad to a quarterfinal showing in the NCAA playoffs, a 10-3 overall record (7-1 in league play), the Tribe's first Yankee Conference Championship, and a fifth-place national ranking.

One trademark of a Laycock-coached team is a prolific and intricate offensive attack. The Tribe offense has averaged nearly 400 yards a game over Laycock's 30 previous years in the program.

Prior to the deep playoff runs during the last six years, the 1990 season stood as the benchmark for the Tribe program. That season, Laycock was honored by his peers as Coach of the Year in Region II and the state of Virginia for guiding the Tribe to 10 wins and an appearance in the quarterfinals of the Division I-AA playoffs.

That 1990 squad, ranked No. 7 in the final NCAA poll, refashioned many pages in the school record book. W&M led the country in total offense by averaging almost 500 yards per game and claimed the Lambert Cup for I-AA supremacy in the East. Even the Virginia General Assembly passed a resolution commending Laycock's accomplishments. The Tribe's 1996 squad led the conference in both total offense and defense en route to earning its own Lambert Cup and ECAC Team of the Year honors.

After some lean years early in his tenure, Laycock's teams began building respectability among all opponents. After a pair of 6-5 seasons, W&M carved out a 7-4 mark in 1985 and a national ranking of No. 16. The winning ways continued in 1986 with a 9-3 record and an eighth-place final ranking. In that season, the Tribe advanced to the I-AA playoffs for the first time and had three players drafted by the NFL.

Although William and Mary dipped to a 5-6 slate in 1987, the Tribe recovered to post a 6-4-1 overall record in 1988. That memorable season climaxed with a trip to Japan and a 73-3 victory over the Japanese College All-Stars in the first Epson Ivy Bowl. The Tribe returned to the NCAAs in 1989 with an 8-2-1 regular season record.

The Tribe is well represented in the pro ranks, as 2008 team captain Derek Cox was drafted in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars. The College is also represented in the NFL by four-time Pro Bowl free safety Darren Sharper (New Orleans Saints), a second round draft pick of the Green Bay in 1997, and Mike Leach (Arizona Cardinals). Including Cox, the College has had a total of six players sign free agent contracts after their senior season since the end of the 2004; Lang Campbell (2005, Cleveland Browns), Dominique Thomspon (2005, St. Louis Rams), Adam O'Connor (2007, Carolina Panthers), Drew Atchison (2008, Dallas Cowboys) and Mike Potts (2008, Pittsburgh Steelers). Former all-conference defensive back Billy Parker also played professionally in 2008, as he started every game for the New York Dragons of the Arena League. Former standout wide receiver Rich Musinski has been a fixture with the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Barons for the past two seasons. Michael Clemons (Class of 1987) had been one of the CFL's most explosive players after joining the Toronto Argonauts in 1989, and now serves as the team's Vice Chair.

As a 1970 graduate of the College, Laycock played football under two gurus of the game. For three years, he learned the details under the watchful eyes of Marv Levy, the legendary former head coach of the Buffalo Bills. In his last season, collegiate coaching legend Lou Holtz schooled Laycock in the finer aspects of psyche and motivation. As a sophomore, Laycock was a starter in the defensive secondary, but he was soon switched to quarterback where he completed 96 of 218 passes for 1,366 yards.

Laycock's first full-time coaching position came at The Citadel as the offensive backfield coach under Bobby Ross, who went on to coach the NFL's San Diego Chargers and Detroit Lions. In 1975, Memphis State tabbed Laycock as its quarterback's coach and he helped the Tigers to consecutive 7-4 records.

In 1977, Laycock traveled to Clemson to serve as offensive coordinator for three years. During his tenure, he helped the Tigers fashion records of 8-3-1, 11-1 and 8-4. Clemson played in bowl games each year, defeating Ohio State 17-15 in the 1978 Gator Bowl. At that time, Laycock coached two-time All-ACC performer Steve Fuller, the Tiger quarterback who later played in the NFL, and Dwight Clark, an All-Pro receiver for the San Francisco 49ers.

A native Virginian, Laycock played football, basketball and baseball at Loudoun Valley High School, where he won 12 letters and has since had his number retired.

Laycock is married to Deidre Connelly, a sports psychology consultant at the College. They have three children: Michael, Mimi and James.

Laycock's daughter Melanie is married to Doug Johnson and is a school administrator in Atlanta, Ga. The couple had a daughter, Grail, last spring.

SpeedkingATL
May 24th, 2011, 04:29 PM
100 days and counting.........now I'm getting all excited! Thanks GAS!

TexasTerror
May 24th, 2011, 04:45 PM
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics21/200/LC/LCKPSDYTBYWYPNU.20091221121539.jpg

Willie Fritz, who has produced an overall record of 220 victories and 66 losses in a 28-year career as both a head coach and an assistant, is the 14th head football coach at Sam Houston State University.

Bobby Williams, Sam Houston director of athletics, made the announcement December 18.

"Willie Fritz has coached championship teams at Central Missouri, Blinn, Coffeyville and Sam Houston," Williams said. "He is a proven motivator and recruiter. What impresses me most about his career is his success as a defensive and special teams coach. I've seen Willie on the sideline, in the locker room, breaking down film and on the recruiting trail and know first-hand of his work ethic, enthusiasm, integrity and ability."

The "winningest" coach in the University of Central Missouri's 113-year football history, Fritz rolled up a 97-47 record in 13 seasons as Mules head coach. In 11 of those seasons, Central Missouri has posted winning records. He is the only Central Missouri head coach to produce eight consecutive seasons of seven or more wins.

The Bearkats' new head football coach is no stranger to Sam Houston State. He served as a graduate assistant for Bearkat squads that went 16-6 in 1984-85 and won the 1985 Gulf Star Conference championship

He was the secondary and special teams coach for the Bearkats in 1991 and 1992, helping lead Sam Houston to a Southland Conference championship and starting a special teams success tradition that lasted more than a decade. The "block party" saw Kat special teams block 80 punts, field goals and extra points in the 14 seasons from 1991 to 2004.

"Willie Fritz has a proven track record as someone who can come in and turn a program around," Williams said. "With 16 years experience as a head coach and 12 as an assistant he has been successful everywhere he has worked. He recruits quality student-athletes who are motivated to excel both on the field and academically."

From 1993 to 1996, Fritz was head coach at Blinn College where turned around a program that had gone 5-24-1 in its three previous seasons. In just a short time, he produced a 39-5-1 record and two national junior college championships. For his efforts at Blinn, Fritz has been inducted into the NJCAA Hall of Fame.

As head coach at Central Missouri, Fritz led the Mules to their first post-season berth in 32 years when they defeated Minnesota-Duluth in the 2001 Mineral Water Bowl. A year later, Central Missouri earned its first NCAA Division II playoff berth after winning the Mid-America Athletic Association (MIAA) championship. Fritz coached 152 All-MIAA performers including 41 first team selections and 24 All-Americans. Fritz ranks No. 15 among active NCAA Division II head coach in victories.

In his 13 years at UCM, the Mules enjoyed an 84 percent graduation rate with three Academic All-Americans, 14 Academic All-Region and 144 MIAA Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll selections. Central Missouri ranked No. 11 in NCAA Division II football attendance.

Fritz was the second member of his family to coach at Central Missouri. His father, the late Harry Fritz, was the Mules' head football coach in 1952 and later become executive director of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).

"Many thanks go out to several members of our Sam Houston community including university officials, athletic staff and coaches and friends of the program who participated in the interview process," Williams said. "After hosting an outstanding group of six candidates who visited the campus, we received overwhelming support for Coach Fritz from everyone who was involved in the process."

Fritz played college football at Pittsburg State University where he was a four-year starter as a defensive back and played on two conference championship teams. He was a student assistant coach for the Gorillas in 1982.

Fritz served as an assistant football coach at Shawnee Mission Northwest High School in Kansas in 1983 and at Willis High School in Texas in 1986 and was defensive coordinator at Coffeyville Community College in Kansas from 1987 to 1990.

Fritz and his wife Susan have three children, Wesley (19), Elaine (17) and Brooke (12).
School Years Position Record Other
Pittsburg State 1982 Student Assistant 7-2 1982 Conference Champions
Shawnee Mission Northwest HS 1983 Assistant Coach 7-2
Sam Houston State 1984-85 Graduate Assistant 16-6 1985 Conference Champions
Willis High School 1986 Assistant Coach 6-4
Coffeyville CC 1987-90 Defensive Coordinator 34-6-1 Three post-season bowl games
Sam Houston State 1991-92 Secondary/Special Teams 14-5-3 1991 Conference Champions
Blinn College 1993-96 Head Coach 39-5-1

1995 National Champions
1996 National Champions
Central Missouri 1997-2009 Head Coach 97-47 2001 Mineral Water Bowl
2002 Conference Champions

TheValleyRaider
May 24th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Dick Biddle
Head Coach

http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/images/2009/10/6/Dick%20Biddle%20New_Online.jpg

Colgate head coach Dick Biddle, the winningest football coach in school history, is entering his 16th season with the Raiders, with an overall mark of 120-55.

He was named Colgate’s 29th head football coach in November of 1995 after serving as an assistant coach for a total of 10 years with the Raiders. He was given the job of rebuilding Colgate’s program which hadn’t seen a winning season since 1990. And it’s been a continuous ride to the top for Colgate under Biddle’s tutelage.

He has achieved the best winning percentage (.679) of any Colgate coach with seven or more years at the helm of the Raiders. Biddle is also the first Colgate coach to ever record nine straight seasons with seven or more victories.

He has been named Patriot League Coach of the Year four times while guiding the Raiders to six Patriot League titles and six appearances in the FCS (formally I-AA) playoffs.

In 2003, Biddle was named the American Football Coaches Association Division I-AA National Coach of the Year after leading the Raiders to a 15-1 record, and to the national championship game of the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs.

In his first season, Biddle not only produced a winning campaign, but became only the third head coach in Division I or I-AA history to record a winning record the season after a team suffered through a 0-11 campaign.

For his effort, Biddle was selected by his coaching peers as the Patriot League Coach of the Year, and was named the co-recipient of Colgate’s Howard Hartman Coach of the Year Award.

In his second season he brought home the first Patriot League championship along with Colgate’s first appearance in the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs since 1983. His back-to-back winning seasons were the first since 1982 and 1983.

Biddle’s effort was recognized again by his peers with his second straight selection as Colgate’s Coach of the Year.

In 1998, Biddle produced eight victories en route to a second straight appearance in the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs. His victory total was the highest since the 1983 campaign.

He continued Colgate’s success story in 1999 with the school’s second Patriot League championship and third consecutive berth in the Division I-AA playoffs. En route to the playoffs, the Raiders tied the school record for victories in a season with 10.

For his effort, Biddle was named a finalist for the Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award, presented annually to the top coach in Division I-AA.

In 2000, the Raiders posted their fifth straight winning season under Biddle with a 7-4 record. They finished second in the Patriot League standings.

The Raiders (7-3) finished second again in the Patriot League in 2001.

In 2002, Colgate (9-3) captured its third Patriot League title under Biddle, and won seven or more games for the sixth straight season. Biddle became the first Colgate coach to be named a three-time winner of the Howard Hartman Award.

The 2003 campaign was arguably the greatest in school history when the Raiders captured the imagination of the collegiate football world becoming the first non-scholarship program to advance to the title game of the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs.

En route, Colgate won a school record 15 contests establishing a Division I-AA record for victories in a season.

After finishing 2004 with a 7-4 mark, the Raiders captured their fifth Patriot League title the following fall, and a berth in the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs. It was the fifth time in 10 seasons that Colgate had won eight or more games in a season finishing 8-4.

The Raiders bounced back from their first losing season in 2006 with a 7-4 record and second place finish in the Patriot League in 2007.

In 2008, Colgate captured its sixth Patriot League title with a perfect 5-0 mark, and finished with an overall record of 9-3. Biddle earned his fourth Patriot League Coach of the Year award.

Under Biddle, the Raiders have produced an explosive offense finishing in the Top 10 nationally in rushing four times and twice in total offense.

On the defensive side, Colgate has been ranked four times in the Top 10 in rushing defense, once in pass defense and total defense.

Biddle, 62, came back to Colgate in 1992 as defensive coordinator and linebacker coach under Mike Foley. He had previously coached at Colgate under Fred Dunlap from 1977 through 1982.

“Of all the places I’ve coached, I always considered Colgate as my best experience. It’s a great school and has a national reputation in regards to its academic and athletic programs. It is an honor and privilege to be the head coach of Colgate football,” said Biddle. “I feel that I’m representing all the great players and coaches who have worked at Colgate.”

Biddle came back to Colgate in 1992 after two seasons at the United States Naval Academy, where he served as linebacker coach in his first season and defensive coordinator and linebacker coach in the second season.

Biddle previously coached at Colgate from 1977 through the 1982 season. He was defensive line coach for six seasons, and served as defensive coordinator his final two campaigns with the Raiders.

During that tenure, Colgate posted five winning seasons, including the first 10-win season in the school’s history in 1977, and it’s first post-season NCAA Division I-AA playoff appearance in 1982.

Prior to Navy, Biddle was an assistant coach at the University of Minnesota for five years. He first joined the Golden Gophers under Lou Holtz. Following Holtz’s departure for Notre Dame, Biddle served as linebacker coach under John Gutekunst for four seasons - the last three as defensive coordinator. After leaving Colgate in 1982, he joined the staff at Virginia Tech where he worked with the linebackers for two campaigns.

He came to Colgate the first time from Allegheny College in Pennsylvania where he began his coaching career in 1973. During his first year at Allegheny, he coached the defensive line and wide receivers. For the last three seasons, he was in charge of both the defensive and offensive lines and linebackers.

In his second stint with the Raiders, Biddle was wide receiver coach for one season, and running back coach for two campaigns under coach Ed Sweeney.

Biddle has also coached in three Bowl games: the 1984 and 1985 Independence Bowls while at Virginia Tech and Minnesota, respectively, and the 1986 Liberty Bowl with Minnesota. He also coached in the 1989 Blue-Gray All-Star Game.

Biddle, a 1971 graduate of Duke University, was an all-Atlantic Coast Conference linebacker for two seasons. The former Blue Devil co-captain received third team Associated Press All-America honors in his senior year and was a participant in the Blue-Gray and Hula Bowl games.

Biddle is a three-time winner of Duke’s Hatchet Award, given to the most valuable player on defense. In his senior year he also received the Blue Devil Club Award as the senior who contributed the most to the team. Biddle was elected to the all-century team at his alma mater.

He is a native of Parkersburg, West Virginia. During his scholastic career at Parkersburg High School, he was all-state in football and won three letters in wrestling. He and his wife, Sheila, are the parents of two sons, Jason and Brendon. Brendon graduated from Colgate in 2003, and lettered four years in football.

mvemjsunpx
May 24th, 2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/93521390432463217573.jpg

Robin Pflugrad
2nd. Season
53 Years Old
Portland St. '80 (Undergrad)
Eugene, OR
North Eugene HS

Overall Record: 7-4
Big Sky Record: 5-3
Playoff Record: 0-0

Previous Coaching Experience

Grad Assistant - Portland St. (1980)
WRs - South Eugene HS (1981)
Dir. of Football Operations - Portland St. (1982)
WRs/TEs - Portland St. (1983-85)
WRs/RBs - Montana (1986-90)
Assistant HC & QBs/WRs - Montana (1991-94)
WRs & Recruiting Coordinator - Arizona St. (1995-2000)
Assistant HC & Offensive Coordinator - Northern Arizona (2001)
Assistant HC, Recruiting Coordinator & TEs - Washington St. (2001-05)
WRs - Oregon (2006-08)
WRs - Montana (2009)
Head Coach - Montana (2010-present)

Screamin_Eagle174
May 25th, 2011, 12:40 AM
EWU - Head Coach Beau Baldwin

http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/Action_Photos/11fbwaBaldwinBeauTrophyDela.jpg?max_width=415

http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/Mug_Shots/08fbwmBaldwinBeau5922.jpg?max_width=160

Experience: 4th season at EWU, 5th season as HC
Record: 27-11 at EWU (18-6 BSC), 37-14 overall.

Beau Baldwin was named as the 2010 coach of the year by CSN after guiding the Eagles to the national title. Baldwin won a close vote over four other coaches for the coach of the year honor. Others to receive support were Jeff Monken of Georgia Southern and Brian Jenkins of Bethune-Cookman — both in their first year as head coaches — along with Tony Samuel of Southeast Missouri State and Andy Coen of Lehigh.

Baldwin, who was also a Liberty Mutual FCS coach of the year finalist, just completed his third year as Eastern Washington's head coach. After guiding the Eagles to a 6-5 record in 2008, he led EWU to the FCS playoffs with an 8-4 record in 2009 and a 13-2 mark this season that included a co-championship with Montana State in the Big Sky.

Baldwin served as the head coach at Central Washington in 2007, leading the Wildcats to a 10-3 record and the NCAA Division II quarterfinals. He also was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for EWU from 2003-06.

In a short amount of time, Baldwin has taken a perennial playoff participant and honed it into a national champion. Ironically, many observers didn't even have EWU ranked as a top 25 team before the season.

A 1996 graduate of Central Washington, Baldwin’s entire 20-year career as a player and coach has been spent at either CWU or EWU. His record as a collegiate coach is 105-70-1 (.599) with a 59-33 league mark (.641).

Baldwin first came to Eastern in 2003 and spent four seasons in EWU’s program as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. After helping lead the Eagles to FCS Playoff appearances in 2004 and 2005, Baldwin led Central to the 2007 NCAA Division II Playoffs. Baldwin then returned to become EWU’s 20th head football coach and lead the school in its 100th football campaign in his debut season in 2008. He followed that 6-5 season with a FCS playoff berth in 2009.

In his debut season, Eastern ranked seventh nationally in passing (299.9 per game) and 24th in total offense (398.5). Individually, national awards candidates Greg Peach and Matt Nichols led the way. Peach, who would go on to win the Buchanan Award given to the top defensive player in FCS, led the nation in sacks (1.64 per game) and tackles for loss (2.1). Nichols, a Payton Award candidate given to the top offensive player, ranked fifth in total offense (306.9) and sixth in passing offense (299.4).

That team finished 6-5 overall and 5-3 in the Big Sky Conference, and set the tone for what the Eagles would accomplish in 2009.

Eastern finished the 2009 season 8-4 and advanced to the playoffs for the fourth time in the last six seasons. The Eagles finished as the runner-up in the Big Sky Conference with a 6-2 mark, winning their last four regular season games by a combined 172-107 margin. Fighting injuries and fatigue from the long season, Eastern’s run came to an end with a 44-33 playoff loss at Stephen F. Austin.

bonarae
May 25th, 2011, 04:14 AM
xoopsx Sorry for posting this late, isn't it counted? xconfusedx

Tim Murphy - Harvard's football coach since 1994

By any measure, Tim Murphy has led Harvard's storied football program to its most prosperous and successful era since the early 20th century - a trend he hopes to continue into 2011-12 as he enters his 18th year as the Thomas Stephenson Family Head Coach for Harvard Football.

One of the game's finest teachers and motivators, Murphy took charge of the Harvard program prior to the 1994 season and has since led the program to a dominant state within the Football Championship Subdivision.

He is the first Harvard coach since the legendary Percy Haughton to lead the Crimson to two unbeaten, untied seasons in his tenure.

In 2009, Harvard football put the finishing touches on a decade that saw Harvard post the second highest national winning percentage in the Football Championship Subdivision and seventh highest in all of Division I. Harvard's .768 winning percentage (76-23) from 2000-09 trailed only Montana while FBS schools Texas, Boise State, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Florida were the only schools to finish ahead of Tim Murphy's Crimson. Rounding out the national top 10 in the decade was LSU, USC and Appalachian State.

In accumulating a 7-3 record in 2010, Harvard continued its streak as the first and only team in Ivy League history to record 10 consecutive seasons with at least seven victories. Harvard's current stretch is the program's best 10-year run since a 28-year stretch of seven-plus win seasons came to an end in 1911. The team's nine-year win total of 70 (70-19) is one shy of its program-record output from 1908-1916.

Just the fourth head coach to man the Harvard sideline in the last 57 years, Murphy enters the 2011 season with a 111-58 record with the Crimson. His overall head coaching record stands at 143-103-1 through 24 years, including five seasons as head coach at Cincinnati and two at Maine.

Equally as impressive, every four-year player recruited by Murphy to Harvard has both graduated from the university and been part of at least one Ivy League championship team.

Murphy enters the 2011 season ranked second in school history in total wins, trailing only the legendary Joe Restic (who won 117 games with the Crimson) on the all-time chart. The two coaches are closely linked and remain close. In the spring of 2008, Murphy joined Restic as Harvard coaches to be honored with the National Football Foundation Eastern Chapter's Ron Burton Distinguished America Award, given to a former football player who has carried the lessons learned on the field to his larger community.

Murphy has guided the Crimson to four outright, and five overall, Ivy League titles in the past 14 years. More info here... (http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/fball/coaches/murphy_tim)

UAalum72
May 25th, 2011, 08:08 AM
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics7/400/AM/AMFAZMKPGGQHRZA.20070731191647.jpg
Bob Ford
University at Albany
Football Head Coach

The architect of the University at Albany's football program, Bob Ford has established a solid reputation with his positive attitude and a coaching philosophy that instills loyalty among each member of his team and staff.
Ford, who has been UAlbany's only head coach since the program was reinstated after a 46-year absence, was appointed on April 27, 1970. Since then, he has compiled a 37-year varsity record of 232-147 as the Great Dane mentor, while his 241 career victories rank first among active NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) head coaches. His UAlbany teams own a 74-47 mark for a .612 winning percentage as a Division I FCS program.
The Great Danes posted a 7-4 record and finished second in the Northeast Conference standings last year. UAlbany also defeated No. 20 Maine, 20-16, the first victory over a national top-20 opponent since the 2006 campaign.
In 2008, The Great Danes put together their second consecutive championship season with a NEC crown and a victory over Jacksonville in the Gridrion Classic. Ford's squad became the first NEC program to win the Gridiron postseason game. UAlbany finished with a 9-3 record, the most victories in a Division I FCS campaign. Ford, who was voted NEC coach of the year for the third time, led UAlbany to an undefeated league season for the second straight year. Tailback David McCarty, the school's career rushing leader, and offensive tackle Raphael Nguti were both chosen as All-Americans.
UAlbany also won the NEC championship in 2007, when Ford was named the conference's top coach. The Great Danes made their fifth postseason appearance in team history when they played Dayton for the FCS mid-major national title in the Gridiron Classic. UAlbany posted an 8-4 record, including a perfect 6-0 mark against league opposition.
Ford, who was honored at the 69th annual Maxwell Awards for recording his 200th career win at UAlbany on Nov. 5, 2005, has produced 12 All-America players and 114 all-conference selections at the FCS level. Offensive tackle Raphael Nguti became the fourth Great Dane to be selected to the AFCA FCS All-America first team in 2008, joining J.T. Herfurth (2000), Geir Gudmundsen (2004) and Colin Disch (2006).
In 2003, UAlbany shared its second consecutive Northeast Conference crown by finishing in a tie for first place in the conference standings with a 7-4 overall mark. The Great Danes were fourth among the FCS Division I leaders in rushing, while tailback Gary Jones was named to the Associated Press All-America Team for the second time in his career.
The Great Danes put together one of their most celebrated seasons in 2002 by winning the program's first-ever Northeast Conference title and capping the year with a 24-0 upset of previously unbeaten Duquesne in the ECAC Division I-AA Football Classic. Ford, who directed his team to an 8-4 record, was named the NEC Coach of the Year. UAlbany placed 14 players on the all-conference squad.
Ford, who served as president of the American Football Coaches Association to begin this decade, led UAlbany to a 7-2 record in its inaugural campaign as a I-AA program in 1999. The Great Danes garnered seven wins in 2001, and finished among the conference's top teams for the third straight year.
As a Division II program, Ford led the Great Danes to their second consecutive Eastern Football Conference championship, an EFC Atlantic Division title, and a 10-1 record in 1998. He was named the conference's coach of the year for the second straight season. Ford also received the Gordon White-Herschel Nissenson Division II Coach of the Year Award by the Metropolitan New York Football Writers Association.
Ford coached his 1997 team to a school-record 11-1 mark and an EFC championship. For his efforts, he was named the Football Gazette Division II non-scholarship national Coach of the Year, and voted the top Region I coach by GTE and the American Football Coaches Association.
At one time, Ford was the youngest head football coach in the nation, when the 26-year-old took over the reins at St. Lawrence University in 1965. In his first season, he guided the Saints to an Independent Collegiate Athletic Conference (ICAC) title. He arrived in the Capital Region five years later to start the first gridiron squad at the University since 1924.
After three seasons at the club level, the program was upgraded to varsity status in 1973, and finished with a 7-2 record. One year later, the Great Danes completed the school's only undefeated season with a 9-0 mark.
Ford's 1977 team earned a NCAA Division III playoff berth. After a season-opening loss, the Great Danes rebounded with nine consecutive victories. UAlbany defeated Hampden-Sydney in a thrilling 51-45 contest to begin the postseason before losing to eventual national champion Widener in the semifinals.
In 1978, Coach Ford's mystique grew before a national audience on ABC television. His last-minute addition of a field goal kicker direct from the soccer team paid off in a victory over third-ranked Ithaca. Dario Arango kicked a 45-yard field goal in the last two minutes to provide a 9-6 victory.
In 1985, the Great Danes rallied from a three-touchdown deficit for a 33-21 victory over Plymouth State and the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) North championship. The '85 team, which produced one of the greatest comebacks in Ford's coaching career, boasted offensive and defensive units which were nationally ranked, and supported by five Pizza Hut and one Associated Press All-America players.
UAlbany's football program is also known for the high standards required of its coaching staff. Ford's "coaching factory" has allowed many of his assistants to earn their master's degrees while working at the collegiate level. According to a recent review, more than 100 coaches, who have started their careers under Ford's tutelage, are currently employed with 60 different high schools, colleges, and professional teams from around the nation and the world.
A starting quarterback in his senior year at Springfield College in Massachusetts, Ford was given the "Greatest Desire to Improve" Award by the school's athletic department. He received an undergraduate degree in physical education from Springfield in 1959, and later would earn his doctorate from the College in the same discipline. He gained a master's degree from St. Lawrence in educational administration in 1960..
A 1986 inductee into the Wachusett Regional High School Hall of Fame, Ford is presently active in the National Football Foundation & Hall of Fame, and serves as vice president of the NFFCHF's Capital District Chapter. He was honored by that organization in 2000 with its Service to Football Award.
Ford, 72, has been a member of the American Football Coaches Association's Board of Trustees since 1994, and presently is serving on the AFCA's Division I FCS All-America Team Selection Committee. Ford received the New York State Athletic Administrators Distinguished Service Award in 2005.
COACHING RECORD
1959 St. Lawrence University Runnings Backs, Secondary
1960 Albright College Secondary, Offensive Backs
1961 Albright College Secondary, Offensive Backs
1962 Albright College Secondary, Offensive Backs
1963 Albright College Secondary, Offensive Backs
1964 Springfield College Secondary
1965 St. Lawrence University Head Coach (4-4)
1966 St. Lawrence University Head Coach (2-6)
1967 St. Lawrence University Head Coach (1-6-1)
1968 St. Lawrence University Head Coach (2-6)
1969 Springfield College Defensive Coordinator
1970* University at Albany Head Coach (2-4)
1971* University at Albany Head Coach (4-4)
1972* University at Albany Head Coach (6-1-1)
1973 University at Albany Head Coach (7-2)
1974 University at Albany Head Coach (9-0)
1975 University at Albany Head Coach (7-2)
1976 University at Albany Head Coach (4-5)
1977 University at Albany Head Coach (9-2)
1978 University at Albany Head Coach (7-3)
1979 University at Albany Head Coach (6-3)
1980 University at Albany Head Coach (5-5)
1981 University at Albany Head Coach (7-3)
1982 University at Albany Head Coach (6-3)
1983 University at Albany Head Coach (3-7)
1984 University at Albany Head Coach (5-5)
1985 University at Albany Head Coach (9-2)
1986 University at Albany Head Coach (4-6)
1987 University at Albany Head Coach (5-5)
1988 University at Albany Head Coach (5-5)
1989 University at Albany Head Coach (5-4)
1990 University at Albany Head Coach (3-7)
1991 University at Albany Head Coach (5-5)
1992 University at Albany Head Coach (6-4)
1993 University at Albany Head Coach (6-4)
1994 University at Albany Head Coach (4-6)
1995 University at Albany Head Coach (3-7)
1996 University at Albany Head Coach (7-3)
1997 University at Albany Head Coach (11-1)
(Eastern Football Conference Champion)
1998 University at Albany Head Coach (10-1)
(Eastern Football Conference Champion)
1999 University at Albany Head Coach (7-2)
2000 University at Albany Head Coach (5-6)
2001 University at Albany Head Coach (7-3)
2002 University at Albany Head Coach (8-4)
(Northeast Conference Champion)
2003 University at Albany Head Coach (7-4)
(Northeast Conference Co-Champion)
2004 University at Albany Head Coach (4-7)
2005 University at Albany Head Coach (5-6)
2006 University at Albany Head Coach (7-4)
2007 University at Albany Head Coach (8-4)
2008 University at Albany Head Coach (9-3)
2009 University at Albany Head Coach (7-4)
2010 University at Albany Head Coach (6-5)
*club teams