PDA

View Full Version : T.S.N.: Top 10 receivers for 2011

kdinva
May 24th, 2011, 05:36 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/index.htm

TTUEagles
May 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM
xhurrayxTIM BENFORD getting some recognition! GO TECH!

Boo Boo
May 24th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Isn't Jacksonville a non-scholly team? I have to have my doubts about a kid from JU being on this list due to the fact that his stats are inflated due to the poor competition that he usually faces. I'm sure a SoCon team (even the Citadel) would shut him down.

citdog
May 24th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Isn't Jacksonville a non-scholly team? I have to have my doubts about a kid from JU being on this list due to the fact that his stats are inflated due to the poor competition that he usually faces. I'm sure a SoCon team (even the Citadel) would shut him down.

wtf does that "even The Citadel" mean there wee wee?

Boo Boo
May 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
It means that I think The Citadel is the home of the worst program in the SoCon right now, CitDog. But don't worry, you're still a lot better than Jacksonville!

citdog
May 24th, 2011, 10:42 AM
It means that I think The Citadel is the home of the worst program in the SoCon right now, CitDog. But don't worry, you're still a lot better than Jacksonville!

that's why we play the games. the Cadets will be vastly improved this season. we can now ACTUALLY SNAP THE BALL.

chattownmocs
May 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM
BJ to JB all day

AppAlum2003
May 24th, 2011, 12:32 PM
BJ to JB all day

Just make sure SafeSearch is turned on if you're Googling that at work...

chattownmocs
May 24th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Just make sure SafeSearch is turned on if you're Googling that at work...

hahaha. good point.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 24th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Congrats to Lehigh's Ryan Spadola! That's two Hawks on the preseason top 10 list!

Wildcat80
May 24th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Joey Orlando of UNH can shine this year!

Appattk
May 24th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Watch out this year because B. Quick is going to have an insanely good season! Probably first 3-4 rounds in the NFL draft next year!

ncbears
May 24th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Why isn't UNC's Jace Davis on this list? Is it because he was academically ineligible for the spring?

ngineer
May 24th, 2011, 10:32 PM
"Orlando v. Spadola" on September 10!

whoanellie
May 25th, 2011, 05:01 AM
BJ is awesome so Elon's 5 picks against him last yr has to be more awesome, right?
BJ to JB all day

whoanellie
May 25th, 2011, 05:03 AM
peaked 3 yrs ago vs 5-7 Wofford DB's

Watch out this year because B. Quick is going to have an insanely good season! Probably first 3-4 rounds in the NFL draft next year!

Brad82
May 25th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Johnson-Farrell and Baskerville from Rhody should be among best deep-threat and possession receivers respectivelly in FCS.

Skjellyfetti
May 25th, 2011, 06:20 AM

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp182/SexyJapanties/Random%20crap/obvious_troll.jpg

GlassOnion
May 25th, 2011, 08:45 AM
As the only returning starting WR for App, Brian Quick goes over 1200 yards recieving this year, write it down.

StorminASU
May 25th, 2011, 10:44 AM

He so desperately wants to be relevant

Appattk
May 25th, 2011, 01:05 PM

He might have had his "star" year that year... But his production is only limited to the fact that you HAVE to put 2 DBs on him to keep his hands off the ball... Too many teams focusing on him....

SFA 93
May 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM
SFA starting wide outs

WR: #80 CORDELL ROBERSON 6-3; 200 (JR.)
WR: #19 ANTHONY FOSTER 6-2; 200 (JR.)
WR: #17 GRALYN CRAWFORD 5-11; 175 (JR.)
WR: #3 KRIS LOTT 6-1; 195 (SO.)

My God and they all come back next season too.

whoanellie
May 25th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Montana? if only he makes that one he is the king of the world!! bulk his up he becomes a darn good TE
He might have had his "star" year that year... But his production is only limited to the fact that you HAVE to put 2 DBs on him to keep his hands off the ball... Too many teams focusing on him....

Skjellyfetti
May 25th, 2011, 05:00 PM
bulk his up he becomes a darn good TE

We have a tight end returning who received First Team All SoCon honors as a Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior. No thanks.

Apphole
May 25th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I predict Quick, Lott, Jordan, and Cadet to account for most of out receiving yards this year. Lott has looked strong in practice. His routes are very solid, which will make him consistent; an ideal replacement for Cline. His running in space ability is formidable as well. If the other 3 perform any where close to the way they have in years past, we have yet another stellar offensive unit. Not to mention DP who has one of the best arms of the SoCon QBs and by far the best legs. Can you say high scoring offense?

whoanellie
May 26th, 2011, 05:17 AM
projecting to the next level.... sort of like Desmond Howard moved from WR @ Wake to a looong Career w/ the Bears
We have a tight end returning who received First Team All SoCon honors as a Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior. No thanks.

StorminASU
May 26th, 2011, 07:11 AM
projecting to the next level.... sort of like Desmond Howard moved from WR @ Wake to a looong Career w/ the Bears

...Or he could remain a WR where most mock drafts already have him going in the 3rd or 4th round, barring injury of course. Why would we mess with that? That'd be like me recommending Scott Riddle move to FB a few years ago.

chattownmocs
May 26th, 2011, 07:28 AM
BJ and JB still doin it like they were doin it in high school right here in Chattanooga. I predict 1500 yards for JB this year. And thats just the regular season.

bjtheflamesfan
May 26th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Chris Summers has a chance for even bigger numbers this year. He was matched up all spring with a DB who was one of the tops in the Big Ten before he transferred to the mountain. if he can take lessons learned from that as well as the Coastal game last year, he could set himself up for hearing his name next April (assuming the NFL can get its act together)

HailSzczur
May 26th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Norman White is going to have a huge year, especially if he plays all season like he did against SFA.....assuming whoever is playing quaterback this year is able to get the ball to him......If he had Whitney under center again he could be a Payton Contender

Skjellyfetti
May 26th, 2011, 01:05 PM

You think he would project higher for the draft if he switched to tight end his senior year. xconfusedx

Whaaaaa? xlolx

He'll be drafted higher at wide receiver than Terrell Hudgins (was Hudgins even drafted?) and will have a longer NFL career. xcoffeex

StorminASU
May 26th, 2011, 01:15 PM
He'll be drafted higher at wide receiver than Terrell Hudgins (was Hudgins even drafted?) and will have a longer NFL career. xcoffeex

I'll take this one. No. He wasn't. The great Terrell, dominator of all things ASU was not selected in the NFL draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=E&collegeName=Elon&abbrFlag=0&type=school

GlassOnion
May 26th, 2011, 04:22 PM
You think he would project higher for the draft if he switched to tight end his senior year. xconfusedx

Whaaaaa? xlolx

Speed is King, and terrell hudgins, is slooow. .2 or .3 secs faster, he may have had an excellent career. But, as it is, a 6'2 235 lb, mid- 4.6 40, 33 inch vertical doesnt compare to a 6'5 230 lb 4.45 40, with a 38 inch vertical. Again, Elon's best just isnt good enough.

citdog
May 26th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Speed is King, and terrell hudgins, is slooow. .2 or .3 secs faster, he may have had an excellent career. But, as it is, a 6'2 235 lb, mid- 4.6 40, 33 inch vertical doesnt compare to a 6'5 230 lb 4.45 40, with a 38 inch vertical. Again, Elon's best just isnt good enough.

neither one of them can carry this guys jock on their BEST day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KM7BqDmWy8

biggie
May 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Actually yeah, Quick has the physical skills to be better than Roberts (especially the 6 inches taller and better jumping ability). Quick has only been playing organized football for 5 years now, with good coaches he has the physical ability to be a great NFL WR.

SpeedkingATL
May 27th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Actually yeah, Quick has the physical skills to be better than Roberts (especially the 6 inches taller and better jumping ability). Quick has only been playing organized football for 5 years now, with good coaches he has the physical ability to be a great NFL WR.

If the incoming 6'5" Freshman Price, who is a near physical clone of Quick can learn quickly enought to start at the other WR position it might open things up a little for Quick. Apps need to use Quick on more turn-in routes instead of just deep fly and post patterns. He's big enough to go over the middle.

GlassOnion
May 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM
If the incoming 6'5" Freshman Price, who is a near physical clone of Quick can learn quickly enought to start at the other WR position it might open things up a little for Quick. Apps need to use Quick on more turn-in routes instead of just deep fly and post patterns. He's big enough to go over the middle.

I dont know how likely it is for Price since he's been listed behind Quick on the preseason chart. You'd think he have been listed opposite of Quick if they anticipated using him at the same time. Of course it could be in their plans, and just not on paper since Price isnt there yet, but several other true FR have been penciled in at specific spots.

I SO want to see a 6'-5 formation, Quick, Price and Sawyer all in as recievers at the same time, all 6'5 or over, and Ben Jordan as a safety valve. The 5-9 to 5-11 Socon CBs wont know what hit 'em. Or Sawyer out to block with Quick on a screen. There are so many darn possibilities with these Fr and So guys.

StorminASU
May 27th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I dont know how likely it is for Price since he's been listed behind Quick on the preseason chart. You'd think he have been listed opposite of Quick if they anticipated using him at the same time. Of course it could be in their plans, and just not on paper since Price isnt there yet, but several other true FR have been penciled in at specific spots.

I SO want to see a 6'-5 formation, Quick, Price and Sawyer all in as recievers at the same time, all 6'5 or over, and Ben Jordan as a safety valve. The 5-9 to 5-11 Socon CBs wont know what hit 'em. Or Sawyer out to block with Quick on a screen. There are so many darn possibilities with these Fr and So guys.

There are a ton of possibilities (and I don't want to give the wrong impression that I'm doubting our coaching staff), but we've also seen possibilities come and go in the past. I HOPE they actually get utilized this year with some inventive play calling, etc. xprayx

chattownmocs
May 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Kadeem wise will lockdown all these scrubs this year. Bradford is the only Southern Conference reciever who cannot be stopped.

GlassOnion
May 27th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Kadeem wise will lockdown all these scrubs this year. Bradford is the only Southern Conference reciever who cannot be stopped.

Yeah kadeem wise, only if someone ties his shoes for him first. I see he padded his INT stats against The Citadel (Who didnt complete a single pass against ASU last season) and Western Carolina (enough said.)

GeauxLions94
May 31st, 2011, 09:24 PM
SFA starting wide outs

WR: #80 CORDELL ROBERSON 6-3; 200 (JR.)
WR: #19 ANTHONY FOSTER 6-2; 200 (JR.)
WR: #17 GRALYN CRAWFORD 5-11; 175 (JR.)
WR: #3 KRIS LOTT 6-1; 195 (SO.)

My God and they all come back next season too.

They are the real deal, but it's going to be interesting to see if they can replicate last year's numbers in 2011 with 1.) a new QB to replace Moses and 2.) a new OC to replace Shannon Dawson ... Roberson is an absolute beast and Crawford might be one of the most dangerous return men in FCS (he was in 2010).

There are some good WRs in the Southland Conference returning for 2011 (not to mention Foster and Lott who were both ranked among the top 10 in the SLC in receptions) ...

Add the following to the list -
Simmie Yarborough, SLU ... on the 2010 list and on the cusp for 2011
Brandon Collins, SLU
Kory Theodore, SLU
J.J. Hayes, Lamar
Marcus Jackson, Lamar
Bradley Brown, Northwestern State
Dominique Croom, Central Arkansas

lionsrking2
June 2nd, 2011, 01:14 AM
They are the real deal, but it's going to be interesting to see if they can replicate last year's numbers in 2011 with 1.) a new QB to replace Moses and 2.) a new OC to replace Shannon Dawson ... Roberson is an absolute beast and Crawford might be one of the most dangerous return men in FCS (he was in 2010).

There are some good WRs in the Southland Conference returning for 2011 (not to mention Foster and Lott who were both ranked among the top 10 in the SLC in receptions) ...

Add the following to the list -
Simmie Yarborough, SLU ... on the 2010 list and on the cusp for 2011
Brandon Collins, SLU
Kory Theodore, SLU
J.J. Hayes, Lamar
Marcus Jackson, Lamar
Bradley Brown, Northwestern State
Dominique Croom, Central Arkansas

As far as a group is concerned, I wouldn't trade the trio of Yarborough, Collins and Theodore for anyone, and if we would have had consistent QB play in 2010, no telling what kind of numbers they would have put up...as it was, they combined for 150 catches, 2206 yards and 17 TDs with QBs who struggled to complete 50%...put them in an Air Raid offense and look out! Just glad we have them all back for another year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtwRWf-LCTU

Screamin_Eagle174
June 2nd, 2011, 01:28 AM
As far as a group is concerned, I wouldn't trade the trio of Yarborough, Collins and Theodore for anyone, and if we would have had consistent QB play in 2010, no telling what kind of numbers they would have put up...as it was, they combined for 150 catches, 2206 yards and 17 TDs with QBs who struggled to complete 50%...put them in an Air Raid offense and look out! Just glad we have them all back for another year!

xeyebrowx

That would be your loss.

Brandon Kaufman 76-1214-15 TDs
Nic Edwards 57-614-7 TDs
Greg Herd 32-374-3 TDs
___

165 catches, 2202 yards, and 25 TDs.

lionsrking2
June 2nd, 2011, 02:44 AM
xeyebrowx

That would be your loss.

Brandon Kaufman 76-1214-15 TDs
Nic Edwards 57-614-7 TDs
Greg Herd 32-374-3 TDs
___

165 catches, 2202 yards, and 25 TDs.

Don't think so...your guys had 15 games and a better QB pulling the trigger...I'll take our guys catching balls from scatter guns in 11 games any day. xcoffeex

SFA 93
June 2nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
WR: #80 CORDELL ROBERSON 6-3; 200 (JR.) REC:61;YDS:1,011;TD:16
WR: #19 ANTHONY FOSTER 6-2; 200 (JR.) REC:52;YDS:528;TD:4
WR: #17 GRALYN CRAWFORD 5-11; 175 (JR.) REC:74;YDS:981;TD:5
WR: #3 KRIS LOTT 6-1; 195 (SO.) REC:43;YDS:616;TD:5

REC:230;YDS:3,136;TD:30

I know it's 4 receivers, but SFA runs their offense out of a 4 receiver set.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how a new QB runs the offense, but with this offensive system you can pretty much plug in any QB. (ex. Texas Tech) If Moses, with limited athletic ability could do it, just imagine what a 6-4; 230 (Jr.) QB like Dalton Williams could do.

New OC Mike Nesbitt is coming over from West Texas A&M where they ran pretty much the same offense where they lead Div. II in offense. Nesbitt's knowledge of the Texas Tech style offense is pretty much the reason why coach Harper hired him, so that there would be as little transition as possible.

What is scary now, is that the Jacks will have some studs at RB coming in for the up coming season in Ford and Johnson that will force defensives to now respect the run a little more.

Axe'Em Jacks!

lionsrking2
June 2nd, 2011, 06:42 PM
WR: #80 CORDELL ROBERSON 6-3; 200 (JR.) REC:61;YDS:1,011;TD:16
WR: #19 ANTHONY FOSTER 6-2; 200 (JR.) REC:52;YDS:528;TD:4
WR: #17 GRALYN CRAWFORD 5-11; 175 (JR.) REC:74;YDS:981;TD:5
WR: #3 KRIS LOTT 6-1; 195 (SO.) REC:43;YDS:616;TD:5

REC:230;YDS:3,136;TD:30

I know it's 4 receivers, but SFA runs their offense out of a 4 receiver set.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how a new QB runs the offense, but with this offensive system you can pretty much plug in any QB. (ex. Texas Tech) If Moses, with limited athletic ability could do it, just imagine what a 6-4; 230 (Jr.) QB like Dalton Williams could do.

New OC Mike Nesbitt is coming over from West Texas A&M where they ran pretty much the same offense where they lead Div. II in offense. Nesbitt's knowledge of the Texas Tech style offense is pretty much the reason why coach Harper hired him, so that there would be as little transition as possible.

What is scary now, is that the Jacks will have some studs at RB coming in for the up coming season in Ford and Johnson that will force defensives to now respect the run a little more.

Axe'Em Jacks!

While I agree with you to an extent, any time you change QBs and playcallers, there's bound to be a difference, even though the offense is essentially the same...we ran the Air Raid under Hal Mumme and continued to run it for two years after he left...we never could duplicate the same success even though the new OC at the time, coached with Mumme and Mike Leach at Kentucky...he just didn't have the same imagination or vision and our QBs weren't as good at making decisions...not saying that will necessarily be the case with you guys, but I don't think you'll know for sure until you have a few games under your belt.