PDA

View Full Version : It was 30 years ago today...

blueballs
May 23rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
That Georgia Southern held the press conference announcing the hiring of Erk Russell and the resurrection of the football program that had been dormant since 1941.

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18700&ATCLID=205153873

Tribe4SF
May 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Here, here!!!

Eaglesrus
May 23rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
I wonder what I did for entertainment for the 30 years before that? Too long ago to remember (or I'm too old to remember, but I'd rather not think of it in those terms).

seantaylor
May 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
One of the top 5 greatest college coaches of all time.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 23rd, 2011, 01:30 PM

Yes he is.

Grizo406
May 23rd, 2011, 03:43 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Russell.jpg

LegalGaSouthernEagle
May 23rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
Great day in history. Too bad GSU A.D. has alienated the entire Russell family from the program. How tragic is it that Baker didn't get off his a$$ before Erk passed, so he could have been honored in life. Instead, we've got some independent entity, not offcially affiliated with GSU, building a statue for Erk. I'm thankful that the statue of Erk is finally being built, but how sad is it that the Athletic Department couldn't have done this themselves? Derek Sills, and his fundraising campaign have put Sam Baker to shame on this one.
It's time to make things right with Erk, the Russells, and the universe in general. First step is for Sam Baker's head to roll. xrotatehx

LeadBolt
May 23rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Great day in history. Too bad GSU A.D. has alienated the entire Russell family from the program. How tragic is it that Baker didn't get off his a$$ before Erk passed, so he could have been honored in life. Instead, we've got some independent entity, not offcially affiliated with GSU, building a statue for Erk. I'm thankful that the statue of Erk is finally being built, but how sad is it that the Athletic Department couldn't have done this themselves? Derek Sills, and his fundraising campaign have put Sam Baker to shame on this one.
It's time to make things right with Erk, the Russells, and the universe in general. First step is for Sam Baker's head to roll. xrotatehx

You make a lot of sense.