PDA

View Full Version : TSN: FCS Top 10 LBs

smallcollegefbfan
May 6th, 2011, 09:39 AM
What do you think of Haley's list?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/index.htm

tribefan40
May 6th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Glad Cook got some love for last year's efforts, and look for senior MLB Jake Trantin to quickly retake his place on this list after a season away from the game. Should be one of the best groups in the country.xtwocentsx

AppAlum2003
May 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Wow, feels weird to not have an ASU LB on that list. I'm not saying one should be - we've been spoiled for YEARS with Roman, Smith, Banks, etc.

Wildcat80
May 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Weirder still....UNH's Evans is the ONLY CAA LB on the list! Totally deserving too!!

WMTribe90
May 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Weirder still....UNH's Evans is the ONLY CAA LB on the list! Totally deserving too!!

The first have of the article is about UMass LB Holmes and he is included in the list of Top 10 FCS LBers. Had WM's Trantin played last year he would also would likely appear on this list, as an honorable mention in the very least.

Evans is certainyl deserving of his top 10 status.

GlassOnion
May 6th, 2011, 01:17 PM
The first have of the article is about UMass LB Holmes and he is included in the list of Top 10 FCS LBers. Had WM's Trantin played last year he would also would likely appear on this list, as an honorable mention in the very least.

Evans is certainyl deserving of his top 10 status.

I like Justin Wray from App, of course, he's everywhere, and hits like a ton of bricks time after time. He is young though...

If Apps 3-4 clicks, the LB spot will be hoppin this year in the stats.

smallcollegefbfan
May 6th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I like Justin Wray from App, of course, he's everywhere, and hits like a ton of bricks time after time. He is young though...

If he named the top 30 LBs I could have seen Wray or Jeremy Kimbrough or both ranked. They both have a chance to be very good.

The SoCon has a lot of solid LBs this year. There is only one major star in Kadarron Anderson but lots of solid guys with Wray, Kimbrough, Josh Rowe, Ryan Consiglio, Gunner Miller, Joshua Jones, Chris Wiley, Darion Sutton, and Tolu Akindele.

SU DOG
May 6th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks for mentioning Darion Sutton SmallCollegeFBFan. This guy will be a force in the SoCon this year. Samford is loaded at the LB position, even though Bryce Smith will be missed. The Dogs have 6 returning that have extensive playing time and have at least 3 other VERY good LBs that will be pushing those for PT.

Brad82
May 6th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Zocco from URI merits attention.

Mountaineer
May 6th, 2011, 03:52 PM

xnodx App has always had good linebackers. I could see any one of Kimbrough, Wray, Lloyd, Grier and/or Brewer showing up on some lists at season's end.

GlassOnion
May 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM
xnodx App has always had good linebackers. I could see any one of Kimbrough, Wray, Lloyd, Grier and/or Brewer showing up on some lists at season's end.

We also may be overlooking someone who may turn out to be a monster at LB, John Rizor will be moving from End back to OLB in the 3-4. I like his speed better when he isnt being held by a big ugly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Does Groome have a chance to get drafted? If he can improve upon last year i have to be believe he has the tools needed to play at the next level. He's an absolute beast that happens to be extremely athletic.

#43, His awesome goalline stand against Lafayette this past year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h06_RCoM51o

achrist70
May 6th, 2011, 11:19 PM
UNI's LB's are studs with a very good D-Line in front of them.

seantaylor
May 7th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Josh Rowe not on this list? How does Appy have a guy on this list that didn't even play last year?

GlassOnion
May 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Josh Rowe not on this list? How does Appy have a guy on this list that didn't even play last year?

Uh, thats our All-American DE, who is now an OLB in the 3-4. And hes not "on the list" he on the "cusp." Whatever thats worth.

seantaylor
May 9th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Uh, thats our All-American DE, who is now an OLB in the 3-4. And hes not "on the list" he on the "cusp." Whatever thats worth.

All American? When? Didn't play last year. Has no business on this list. Just like fat boy Fletcher over Russell last year.

bluehenbillk
May 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
OK I know they try to spread the love around on these lists but how does a guy from Lehigh get on there? I didn't think LU had a defensive guy that couldve started for UD last year in the playoff game. Sorry

GlassOnion
May 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM
All American? When? Didn't play last year. Has no business on this list. Just like fat boy Fletcher over Russell last year.

Honorable mention AA In 09, the year we went to Montana. He missed the Montana game due to knee injury in practice. 75 tackles, 16 for loss of 77, 5 sacks for loss of 69, 2 passes defended, 1 FF, 7 QB rushes as a So. RS year last year due to that knee.

And Fat Boy Fletcher ended his career with 56 TFL of 238 yards, 27 Sacks for a loss of 167 yards, 9 passes defended, 6 FF and 29 QB hurries. Not bad for a fat boy.

biggie
May 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM
^ Actually thought it was foot/toe surgery that got him RS last year. But I'm getting old.

GlassOnion
May 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
^ Actually thought it was foot/toe surgery that got him RS last year. But I'm getting old.

Youre right. I was thinking Robertson toe/foot.