PDA

View Full Version : How do you buy tickets for FCS and FBS games?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM
When you buy tickets for games at FCS or FBS venues, how do you buy them?

Do you buy a season-ticket package?

Do you buy individual games?

Do you go through a broker online, e.g., StubHub?

Do you buy them in advance, or do you just walk up the day of the game and buy them?

What about for FBS games? Do you buy them through your school? Online? Through the other school?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Season ticket holder.

Buy tickets to road games and FBS games through UNH.

bkrownd
April 29th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Cable TV bill comes monthly in the mail. ;)

Eaglesrus
April 29th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Season ticket holder.

Buy tickets to road games and FBS games through UNH.

My answer is the same as the above, except for substituting GA Southern for UNH.

StorminASU
April 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Season ticket holder, but since road game tickets aren't exactly hard to come by in the Socon (GSU obvious exclusion) I usually buy them from our opponent. However, I do buy FBS tickets through ASU

darell1976
April 29th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Individual tickets from a broker online. Me and Ticketmaster got to be good friends for Sioux football games.

bluehenbillk
April 29th, 2011, 02:59 PM
FCS: I'm a season ticket holder, for road games most places you can buy walk-up, some places I order either through UD (my school) as STH privileges or throught TicketMaster depending on where the game is.

FBS: Normally through TicketMaster, have only done StubHub once for a college game (Nebraska) was well worth it.

The Eagle's Cliff
April 29th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Season Tickets; Pre-Season for App and FBS; walk-up/our ticket office for rest of SoCon.

Seawolf97
April 29th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Season ticket holder. Last year for the USF Game StonyBrook offered tickets at $35 a piece and included a pre game tailgate . You had to find your own way to Tampa. Not sure about this season with games at UTEP and Buffalo. Buffalo is an hour flight
from Long Island so maybe another package deal is in the works.

Hammerhead
May 2nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
We try to get tickets directly from the school or team as soon as they are available for any college or NFL game. If that doesn't work or we don't have time to plan before the season, we look at stubhub or ticketmaster's reselling site.

Appaholic
May 4th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Buy single-game online from both App & the host school...

clenz
May 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
FCS: Season tickets to UNI, and for road games it depends on the school. Some schools are easy to get good seats/GA walk-up. Other teams it's best to order through the school.

FBS: For UNI vs. Iowa/Iowa St. I go through UNI's allotment, but for this years Iowa St. game I may try going through Iowa St or online as I'm sick of getting stuck in the crappy sections that ISU gives UNI. For other FBS games I'd go to I buy online.

Pard4Life
May 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Lafayette sends out a season ticket renewal form in July. For away games, walk-up. No crowds at places like Yale or Bucknell. For regular season Lehigh games, I just ask for tickets from the drunks in the parking lot, keep my eyes out for some on the ground or if it comes to it, use my saved Disney Dollars.

How hard is it to get NDSU tickets? Thinking of going and I'm not crazy about the location for visitor fans.