PDA

View Full Version : Fmr SWT QB, Now CFLer Works To Finish Degree

TexasTerror
March 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM
This is what I like to hear. A professional player who did not finish their degree and had a professional career (or still in the process), going back and taking care of his or her business. Great job Spergon Wynn!

Spergon Wynn: Chronicles of a journeyman
Posted: Saturday, Mar 04, 2006 - 04:00:22 pm CST
BART ISLEY - Daily Record Sports

Journeyman, veteran, professional vagabond. Even at the young age of 27, all three of those terms apply to quarterback Spergon Wynn.

Wynn, who played the final two years of his college career at Texas State, has bounced around professional football since being drafted by the Cleveland Browns in 2000. His journey through the professional ranks includes stints with the Browns and the Minnesota Vikings, as well as time with the CFL's British Columbia Lions and Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Wynn's newest team is the Toronto Argonauts, who dealt running back Mike Crumb and a second rounder to Winnipeg for Wynn's services.

Again, Wynn is just 27.

The Argonauts' newest acquisition is back in San Marcos this spring, continuing his course work towards his diploma.

“The number one reason I'm back is to get my degree,” Wynn said, fulfilling the promise he made while playing at Texas State. “One of the lessons that all the coaches I've been around have stressed is that you're here for football, but you're also here to get your education. I made a couple of promises to (current) Coach (David) Bailiff and (former) Coach (Bob) DeBesse.”

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/articles/2006/03/05/sports/sports1.txt

Freightliner
March 5th, 2006, 08:20 PM
He's also helping out the Bobcats during their spring training throwing to the receivers and coaching up the QB's, while also keeping himself in shape for the upcoming CFL season

Great guy with a cannon for an arm.