PDA

View Full Version : NDSU BISON SPRING BALL!

JBB
April 14th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I havent seen any updates on the BISON, one of the nations most intriguing teams.

Things have been happening in Fargo and Bisonator is on the scene. Hopefully he will bring his perspective. In the meantime this is what I see:

Talk from the lavish NDSU Football Practice Compound is all about Quarterback. Brock Jensen is the #1 guy and Dante Perez is working out with wide receivers so he appears to be out of the picture.

The rap on Jensen right now is the completion average. It is not high enough. The coaches want to see 60-65%. To keep things interesting the rumor is, the starting QB is not on campus. That means we have someone in the wings unknown to the public or its true freshman Carson Wentz who passed up SIU for NDSU (good choice if he wants a national title). On the other hand we are hearing from reliable sources its Ryan Stanford our new QB recruit from AZ, with the caveat: if the rumor is true that is.

We will have to wait and see.

With a strong running game and a defense that is uncovering new talent all the time - latest to emerge is Kyle Emanuel freshman D end who is now working with the first team - predictions of some BISON fans that a Freshman QB is the downfall can be discounted.

The idea NDSU cant make it with a freshman QB flies in the face of reality. It's nonsense. The BISON are simply too strong in other areas and clearly better than last year to buy into that.

We had problems at QB last season with a freshman at the helm but still got as far as the bill fette bowl in the quarter finals and beat Charter Big 12 member the Kansas Jayhawks, solidly knocking the stuffing out of them. Of course we were sharing the duties between Jose Mohler and Brock Jensen but both players are still there and both have another year of experience behind them.
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23023&p=470817#p470817

TheBisonator
April 14th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I havent seen any updates on the BISON, one of the nations most intriguing teams.

Things have been happening in Fargo and Bisonator is on the scene.

Um, I'm not in Fargo, I live 1,250 miles away. Haven't even been in Fargo in almost 11 months.

JBB
April 16th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Sorry Bisonator, I must have you confused with someone else. Im not in Fargo either. I prepare my reports from press releases and phone in reports from other Bison fans. I was hoping to add you to that list. I try and stay on theme with local media.

These reports are important. After last years remarkable season, which started with the defeat of Big 12 Charter member, the Kansas Jayhawks, The BISON will be among the nations most watched FCS teams as they continue their ascent toward a MVFC title and of course the National Championship.

This seasons excitement will build to the third week. After two challenging home games the BISON will be in TCF stadium to meet Big 10 Charter Member, The Minnesota Golden Gophers, coached by former SIU head coach Jerry Kill. It has become a heated rivalry and tickets for this contest are already in short supply with prices topping $300 for choice seats.

No practice today (Friday). I dont know if its the weather or what but there is a scrimmage scheduled for tomorrow morning.

NDSUs recruiting is sure making an impact. Last season there were a number of true freshman that made an impact and this year will be no different. The freshman will once again make significant contributions. We will see them contribute on the offensive line, receiving corps, D line, and d backs. Its a credit to a coaching staff headed up by Craig Bohl. They have an eye for talent and they present the program well winning most of the recruiting battles, often with FBS schools.

Having a coach that comes from one of the greatest football programs in college ball, the Nebraska Cornhuskers, has a lot to do with it.

If the BISON scrimmage today it will be outside. The Fabulous Fargo Dome is booked for another event.

Right now Fargo has 32 degrees and light winds and snow flurries. Conditions are expected to remain the same at least through noon. As far as we know the scrimmage was scheduled for 10:30. Humidity is high so it will be chilly. Dress warm if you plan on heading up to the luxurious practice facilities on campus at NDSU.