PDA

View Full Version : Maryland OOC

89Hen
May 12th, 2005, 11:44 AM
OK, it's not a I-AA team, but we were talking about I-AA's getting a shot against I-A's.

HOLY S! Word on the street is that FIU will play at Maryland in 2006 and then Maryland will return the favor in 2007 in Miami! WTF is Maryland's problem?! They're scheduling like they were San Jose State. Here's what they have so far...

2006: FIU, Middle Tennessee, @ West Virginia
2007:@FIU, @ MTSU, WVU
2008: Delaware, California, @WVU
2009: MTSU, @ Cal, WVU
2010: Eastern Michigan, @WVU

putter
May 12th, 2005, 11:45 AM
:confused: ;) Think they would come to Missoula?

ChickenMan
May 12th, 2005, 11:48 AM
:confused: ;) Think they would come to Missoula?

They'd have to come to Newark first... ;)

FightinBluHen51
May 12th, 2005, 12:15 PM
They'd have to come to Newark first... ;)

Exactly. Is FIU I-A or I-AA, I'm drawing a blank right now. :confused:

blueballs
May 12th, 2005, 12:20 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I may be able to see, in a stretch, Maryland going to Murphreesboro, but there ain't no way in Hades they're going to FIU.

Here is a link to a picture (since I don't know how to x-fer pictures onto this page) of FIU's homecoming crowd on the home side as the "Mighty Panthers" took the field to be whipped by GSU.

http://www.eaglewarwagon.com/FIU088.jpg

GannonFan
May 12th, 2005, 12:25 PM
OK, it's not a I-AA team, but we were talking about I-AA's getting a shot against I-A's.

HOLY S! Word on the street is that FIU will play at Maryland in 2006 and then Maryland will return the favor in 2007 in Miami! WTF is Maryland's problem?! They're scheduling like they were San Jose State. Here's what they have so far...

2006: FIU, Middle Tennessee, @ West Virginia
2007:@FIU, @ MTSU, WVU
2008: Delaware, California, @WVU
2009: MTSU, @ Cal, WVU
2010: Eastern Michigan, @WVU

Maybe they figure going to FIU is like Colgate opting to play the semifinal game at Fla Atlantic back in the 2003 playoffs - it's a chance to go to Florida and bask in some nice weather while not really facing anything resembling a formidable home field advantage.

89Hen
May 12th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I may be able to see, in a stretch, Maryland going to Murphreesboro, but there ain't no way in Hades they're going to FIU.
Game would probably be at the Orange Bowl.

TexasTerror
May 12th, 2005, 12:46 PM
FIU and MTSU are getting away with highway robbery! What's Maryland thinking? They that worried about Miami and the Big East boys coming into the ACC as it relates to football, that they want some wins?

Eagle_77
May 12th, 2005, 12:55 PM

Here is a link to a picture (since I don't know how to x-fer pictures onto this page) of FIU's homecoming crowd on the home side as the "Mighty Panthers" took the field to be whipped by GSU.

http://www.eaglewarwagon.com/FIU088.jpg

My HS stadium was nicer than this and bigger to.

blueballs
May 12th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Game would probably be at the Orange Bowl.

Do you think the 'Canes, who use the Orange Bowl as their home yard, would go for that???

89Hen
May 12th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Do you think the 'Canes, who use the Orange Bowl as their home yard, would go for that???
Not their choice. It's owned by the City of Miami, not the U of M.

FightinBluHen51
May 12th, 2005, 02:53 PM

Nope, ain't happening there. I could see it played at Pro Player's Stadium though. My money would be that more canes fans showed up than the MD travelers and the FIU fans to make it a hostile environment for the Terps (that is of course if the canes are out of town).

FightinBluHen51
May 12th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Not their choice. It's owned by the City of Miami, not the U of M.

Then I bet more 'Canes fans show up than MD and or FIU combined. It would be more important to them since they'd like to see a MD loss and if the canes are out of town, might as well make it a hostile environment for the Terps and measure them up for later in the year.

RadMann
May 12th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Maryland is scheduled to play Villanova in the next few years as well as Navy and Temple.

DHS22P
May 12th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Maryland is really stupid.

FightinBluHen51
May 12th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Maryland is really stupid.

I agree with that one! Yes they are set to play Navy and Temple here in the next few years. Hell, they even play @ Temple, so goes to show why they may play @ FIU.

89Hen
May 13th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, Maryland is scheduled to play Villanova in the next few years as well as Navy and Temple.
Nova is off for right now. Navy in Baltimore and @ Temple are both this year.