PDA

View Full Version : Former Wildcat Azumah may retire

UNHWildCats
March 3rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Bears cornerback Jerry Azumah may be forced into retirement because of injuries, according to several sources. Azumah re-injured his neck in the playoff loss to Carolina, and that injury might be more damaging to his NFL future than his hip problem. Azumah had neck surgery in 2004.
-- Chicago Sun-Times

SunCoastBlueHen
March 3rd, 2006, 12:01 PM
That's a shame. I always root for I-AA alums in the NFL, particularly those that came from the A-10. Azumah had a very respectable NFL career, here hoping he has as much success in his future endeavors.

UNHWildCats
March 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
It came as a surprise to me when i read that today, I had read before New England was interested in signing him.

blukeys
March 3rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
Sad news. He was a very dangerous back and one could see his potential the first time he touched the ball. Omar Cuff reminds me of Azumah.

Kill'em
March 8th, 2006, 09:27 PM
It was pretty cool that Azumah held the I-AA career rushing record until it was broken by current teammate, Adrian Peterson.

WMTribe90
March 8th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Azumah was a very classy guy from what I could tell. I know he gave back to UNH. He had a successful NFL carrer if in fact it is concluded. Best of luck to him going forward. I enjoyed watching him on Sundays.

March 9th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Anyone know where I can get his college jersey? I'd like to get it autographed by him.

UNH 40
March 9th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Anyone know where I can get his college jersey? I'd like to get it autographed by him.

Ones hanging on the wall in the coaches office and one is on the wall of the Jerry Azumah Performance Center at UNH. You might be out of luck.