Walkon79
March 31st, 2011, 09:43 AM
http://www.msubobcats.com/sports/2011/1/25/FB_0125115243.aspx?id=84

andy7171
March 31st, 2011, 10:25 AM
Very cool.

Twentysix
March 31st, 2011, 12:22 PM
lunch break in montana must be primetime webcam usage, this thing cant load.

Get off your lunchbreak so i can look at it!!!

Twentysix
March 31st, 2011, 12:23 PM
ok i got the snapshot feature to work, either your cams on Pacific time or the shots an hour old. Either way you gotta some tough looking guys doing city work over there :P

*Construction joke.....

(it means there standing around watching a hole be dug...)

Walkon79
April 1st, 2011, 04:32 PM
I know. I apologize for how slow it is. I hesitated to put it out there for that reason. Some days are better than others.

TheBisonator
April 1st, 2011, 04:34 PM
You should have someone regularly take some pics of the progress like at JMU's renovation.

Webcam doesn't work on my computer.

blaw0203
April 4th, 2011, 12:55 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=543877402635085850&hl=en#

Here is a link that shows a video of the six phases of construction for the stadium. It looks like it is going to be really nice. Well done Montana - im jealous!!!

appfan2008
April 4th, 2011, 12:30 PM
wow very nice... i had fun playing with your webcam!

th0m
April 5th, 2011, 08:22 AM
So if I'm reading this right Phases I and II are being built right now - upper and lower deck endzone - adding 7200 seats? Or also the suites on the other sidelines and the endzone? The video shows different phases, is why I'm asking...

Either way cool stuff and I cant wait to see the finished product.

CrazyCat
April 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
So if I'm reading this right Phases I and II are being built right now - upper and lower deck endzone - adding 7200 seats? Or also the suites on the other sidelines and the endzone? The video shows different phases, is why I'm asking...

Either way cool stuff and I cant wait to see the finished product.

The video still shows all of what they want to get done, just not in the original order. The new endzone will add 5,200 seats and have no suites and have a new videoboard . The eastside stand renovation and skysuites would probably be next . I also think an indoor practice facility has risen to the top of the wish list.

This is a drawing of what the south endzone will look like (except the scoreboard will be much larger).

TheBisonator
April 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
The video still shows all of what they want to get done, just not in the original order. The new endzone will add 5,200 seats and have no suites and have a new videoboard . The eastside stand renovation and skysuites would probably be next . I also think an indoor practice facility has risen to the top of the wish list.

This is a drawing of what the south endzone will look like (except the scoreboard will be much larger).

Looks yummy.

You and the Griz to the WAC wouldn't seem like such a bad idea after all.

Twentysix
April 5th, 2011, 02:57 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=543877402635085850&hl=en#

Here is a link that shows a video of the six phases of construction for the stadium. It looks like it is going to be really nice. Well done Montana State - im jealous!!!

Just fixing a terrible oversight.

MSU's new additions turning the stadium into a bowl a is really nice. One thing you guys need more than new(not more seats) seats is a better video board, that thing was crap :( Very nice stadium already other than the video board.

What will the new capacity be around 19,000?

th0m
April 5th, 2011, 03:11 PM
That rendering looks very nice. It only adds 5200 seats?? Seems a lot more. Is that small section of seats below the current grandstand also new along the entire length of the stadium? Or is that also just an extention to the bowl. Seems to be so seamless in its transition from the sideline to the endzone that it looks like it would be constructed as one piece.

CrazyCat
April 5th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Just fixing a terrible oversight.

MSU's new additions turning the stadium into a bowl a is really nice. One thing you guys need more than new(not more seats) seats is a better video board, that thing was crap :( Very nice stadium already other than the video board.

What will the new capacity be around 19,000?

A new state of the art videoboard is part of this expansion. It will be in the North endzone . I'm still not sure what "official" capacity will be.

kittiekop
April 6th, 2011, 11:23 PM
The two phases of the endzone contain a total of about 7,200 seats, but also subtracts about 2,000 seats removed when the old endzone seating was removed - a net of about 5,200. Depending on what "official" capacity you believe for Bobcat Stadium (which range from 13,500 to 15,000), the new seats should put us at about 19,000. For most games the past couple years, we've had supplemental seating on the sidelines and the north endzone, adding 1,000-1,100 seats. Should have no problems setting attendance records this year - and topping 20,000 for MSU-UM at the end of the regular season.

The designers and architects were trying to match up the endzone bowl to the existing sidelines, but the sidelines and the endzone will have different pitches, and are not planning to match up; there will be small separations between the EZ and the sidelines. I imagine the plan is to address that as the east sideline is redone in one of the future phases. The great part of this whole project is the MSU Foundation raised $6mil + in private funds (from just over 700 donors total) in about 100 days to make this happen. That is coupled with $4 in bonding, for a total of about $10mil for the expansion. The EZ includes new visiting locker rooms, officials locker rooms, a ton of new restrooms, concessions and a gameday merchandise store. Rumor is the new videoboard is being put together by MSU alums in the "board" business - LED and on-par with the best football boards in the country. We are all very excited for fall to get here.