PDA

View Full Version : Hofstra's Colston Moving Up Board

TexasTerror
March 1st, 2006, 07:50 PM
That's what I'd like to hear, an I-AA guy delievered! I don't like the whole "albeit Division I-AA numbers" bit, but that's what you expect from the media, right? Best of luck to Hofstra's top reciever!

Colston climbing charts
Susquehanna Twp. grad impresses scouts at combine
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
BY BOB FLOUNDERS
Of The Patriot-News

Marques Colston's college numbers, albeit Division I-AA numbers, piqued the curiosity of NFL scouts from south Florida to northwest Washington.

The East-West Shrine Game in late January, a contest in which Colston used his 6-5, 225-pound frame to abuse cornerbacks, left them wanting even more.

And during last weekend's National Football League scouting combine in Indianapolis, Colston delivered.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1141208870183110.xml&coll=1

Uncle Buck
March 2nd, 2006, 06:25 AM
TT, thanks for posting that link, I never got the chance. It's great to see that a lot of 1AA'ers are making their mark. There's a hell of a lot of talent on this level and they can definitely compete with their 1A peers

GannonFan
March 2nd, 2006, 08:09 AM
Colston always had a huge amount of raw talent - not surprising to see that he would get a shot at the NFL - he'll have to improve once he gets there, and he won't have Hofstra's offense to excel in, but there's no question that from size and speed and hands he can compete for a spot at the next level. Whether he has enough to get onto the field at the NFL level is another thing entirely, but one thing at a time.

blukeys
March 2nd, 2006, 09:38 AM
I'm glad he will be the NFL's headache next year. Best of luck to the Pride of the Pride!

OL FU
March 2nd, 2006, 10:16 AM
I'm glad he will be the NFL's headache next year. Best of luck to the Pride of the Pride!

Since we have them again in 2007, I agree totally.

I am not an NFL fan so I don't know the answer to this, but when is the draft?

GannonFan
March 2nd, 2006, 10:52 AM
The NFL Draft is April 29th and April 30th.