PDA

View Full Version : Coulson to Pen App State Book

TexasTerror
February 28th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Dave Coulson made a big announcement on I-AA Waves...he's signed a contract to write a book on Appy State's run to the championship...pretty neat. It's HOT HOT HOT!

Says he'll get it out before the 2006 season. Parkway Publishing is the ones who is getting with Coulson to make it happen...

February 28th, 2006, 10:30 PM
I-AA.org Senior Columnist David Coulson archives:
http://i-aa.org/carchive.asp?oby=d&event=search&arttypes=561

dungeonjoe
March 1st, 2006, 05:27 AM
I missed his interview, but wasn't he working on a baseball book lately? Any idea when and if it will be released?

MYTAPPY
March 1st, 2006, 08:21 AM
Coulson is like an App homer....and I will probably buy the book. App also has a 2 disc DVD coming out at the end of March about the 2005 season.

Proud Griz Man
March 1st, 2006, 09:05 AM
Coulson is like an App homer....

Ya think ???????? :eyebrow:

SoCon48
March 5th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Coulson is like an App homer....and I will probably buy the book. App also has a 2 disc DVD coming out at the end of March about the 2005 season.
Coulson is not always an App homer. He blasted the ASU coach after a certain incident a couple years back. You know the coach that has now won us an NC?

WUTNDITWAA
March 6th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Coulson is not an App homer, just a journalist who covers Appalachian. If ASU does well, sure he does better as a freelance, but if he needs to bust bad on ASU, he'll do that too. I'm looking forward to the book. Wonder if it will read like a John Feinstein book?

Pards Rule
March 6th, 2006, 12:48 PM
yes I will be interested to see how he treats the Pards

ASU Kep
March 6th, 2006, 02:06 PM
yes I will be interested to see how he treats the Pards

I'm sure he won't be able to say anything bad about you guys. I was of course at that game, and was extremely nervous for most of it (which I didn't really expect to be...no offense). The Pards played their hearts out, at a place where a lot of teams get intimidated and don't even bother to show up (see CCU) and absolutely never win, often times in amazing fashion (see Furman). :smiley_wi It was clear your guys wern't "just happy to be in." Ya'll came at us with all you had, and thats all you can ask. Come to think of it, outside of Furman in the semi's, you guys put up the biggest fight we encountered at KBS this year. (Chatty played us close, but I don't think we were ever down by 11 like we were to you guys, if I'm rememberin' right). I don't know all that much about who you guys lost, but if you still have some of those core players, you'll be a team to be reckoned with this year.

TexasTerror
March 11th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Ralph got a blurb about it up on I-AA.org...

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=76763

SoCon48
March 11th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Dave Coulson made a big announcement on I-AA Waves...he's signed a contract to write a book on Appy State's run to the championship...pretty neat. It's HOT HOT HOT!

Says he'll get it out before the 2006 season. Parkway Publishing is the ones who is getting with Coulson to make it happen...

I would have sworn that his book was about APPALACHIAN State.

bodoyle
March 12th, 2006, 10:33 AM
There's a surprise. A homer writing a book about his team.

Sincerely Sam Smith and The Michael Jordan Rules

blueballs
March 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I wonder how well it will sell in Statesboro... perhaps if it is published on really soft pages and really cheap...

EagleCrusade
March 12th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I wonder how well it will sell in Statesboro... perhaps if it is published on really soft pages and really cheap...

I wouldnt buy it even if it was used for what you're implying. I have too much self-respect for that.

March 12th, 2006, 09:49 PM
I wouldnt buy it even if it was used for what you're implying. I have too much self-respect for that.Wow, posting smack on the discussion board is not below bodoyle, EagleCrusade and blueballs... interesting.

Tod
March 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I think most journalists who eventually decide to be a non-fiction author have to have a reason, something that grabs their attention, strikes a chord, to make it all happen. Dave Coulson is no exception. He's been fair (some GSU fans may disagree), and his time has come. Good for Mr. C. I'll bet it's a great book. :nod: :nod: :nod:

blueballs
March 13th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Wow, posting smack on the discussion board is not below bodoyle, EagleCrusade and blueballs... interesting.

What I do know is that Sam Baker is the one of the most despicable men...

...but Sam the Axe Man is a recidivist.

It seems that Baker couldn't even do this dirty, little deed face-to-face.

...Johnson hit the road for Navy before Baker had a chance to sharpen his axe.

Motis Operandi for Sam The Axe Man.

I guarantee you that there are many people around I-AA, whether they be opposing coaches, players, media personnel, or fans than will be cheering if the next Eagle coach crash lands.

And there will be few tears shed when its Baker's head on the chopping block.

...and the above tirade printed on I-AA.org under the auspices of "journalism" is NOT????????

Sorry, Ralph, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Your boy burned the bridge, now he can deal with it.

bodoyle
March 13th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Ralph: Calling someone a homer is smack? :rolleyes: :eyebrow:

I think everyone on here is a homer. I'm a CCU homer, ASU Kep is an App. St. homer etc etc etc.

89Hen
March 13th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Coulson is not an App homer, just a journalist who covers Appalachian. If ASU does well, sure he does better as a freelance, but if he needs to bust bad on ASU, he'll do that too.
Homers bust on their own team too. :twocents:

rokamortis
March 13th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Ralph: Calling someone a homer is smack? :rolleyes: :eyebrow:

I think everyone on here is a homer. I'm a CCU homer, ASU Kep is an App. St. homer etc etc etc.

I haven't seen anything on this thread that is blatant smack - or at least more than is generally accepted, rather tame.

SoCon48
March 13th, 2006, 03:17 PM

..and third grade vocab...