PDA

View Full Version : March Madness: CSULB, CSUF, and CSUN are attempting to Reinstate Div. 1AA Football by

bringback49erfootball
March 4th, 2011, 10:42 AM
(http://bringback49erfootball.blogspot.com/2011/03/back-to-inbox-archive-report-spam.html)

Check out the story here! It is time to come out and help if you interests in so cal football!

Lehigh Football Nation
March 4th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Nice work. It is my understanding that Pacific also has a group interested in reinstating football there are well?

Three Cal State schools (Long Beach, Northridge, Fullerton) + Pacific + Cal Poly + UC Davis = a new FCS conference called the Big West...

A lot needs to happen, obviously, but it's great to see the wheels in motion!

401ks
March 4th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Question...

I've seen a similar statement posted before, asked about it, but got no response.

Re: "and urge schools such as UC Irvine ... to reinstate suspended football programs in the future."

"Reinstate"?

Could someone tell me when UC Irvine had a football program? I live walking distance from the campus and I've never heard of an Anteater football program.

Mr. C
March 4th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Question...

I've seen a similar statement posted before, asked about it, but got no response.

Re: "and urge schools such as UC Irvine ... to reinstate suspended football programs in the future."

"Reinstate"?

Could someone tell me when UC Irvine had a football program? I live walking distance from the campus and I've never heard of an Anteater football program.
There never has been football at UCI.

bringback49erfootball
March 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM
UCI needs to pick up the pace have not heard anything down there.

401ks
March 5th, 2011, 01:59 PM
UCI needs to pick up the pace have not heard anything down there.

And never will.

Football is not in UCI's DNA. There is zero alumni support and zero student support for football.

bojeta
March 7th, 2011, 12:49 AM
And never will.

Football is not in UCI's DNA. There is zero alumni support and zero student support for football.

You might be right on this, but it sure seems odd given that they are surrounded by some of the best high school programs in the nation: Mater Dei, Orange Luthern, Norco etc.

daneboy
March 7th, 2011, 06:09 AM
How sweet it would be to see these schools bring it back. I know, that as a long time Poly fan I would travel to see Poly play at these schools. What a great shot in the arm to the lackluster Big West Conference if they played football. But, it ain't gonna happen. Remember, they are in California where politically correctness prevails and Title 9 rules the day. How sad, how sad...it is nice to dream...

Let's hear it for the Big Sky!!!!! I can't wait!!
xhurrayxxnodxxhurrayxxnodxxhurrayxxnodxxhurrayxxno dxxhurrayxxnodxxhurrayxxnodx

Jackman
March 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM
But... where would these Cal State teams play? The Great West is kaput, and the Big Sky is looking rather full.