PDA

View Full Version : UCA BOT approves Turf, Skyboxes, Training Facility

BEAR
February 25th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Breaking news from Conway:

UCA Board of Trustees have approved at least 3 athletic related improvements:

UCA plays football on natural grass but has decided to install turf for a change. The cost of painting lines, mowing, staff to maintain it all and other factors had to play a part in the decision. Some options that will be advertised are

Gray field with purple accents (not vibrant purple and gray but toned down)
Green with accenting school colors.
Vibrant purple and gray. (BOT member didn't really like that idea)
Those three ideas may be put up for public scrutiny to see what the community wants. Great idea.

Training facility for all sports. Weight rooms etc...

Skyboxes on BEAR HALL. All funded by contracts to parties willing to buy them. I think there might be only 2 left out of the dozen or so. With that option they are already paid for and since they will be on top of a college dorm that is being built already, the cost is minimal.

It seems the student body is enjoying and supporting the changes! xhurrayx
Here's a quote from "old bear" on the UCAFANS website:

Skyboxes, weight training facility, new turf all got approved along with many other meaningful projects. The campus and the meeting had a buzz about it which is great. Our balance sheet is in the best shape ever, student leaders are smiling and cooperative, it was a good day. I think loud purple would be a little too much. Gray with purple accents would be different, not too out there, and identify UCA well. Traditional green with purple accents just doesn't do it for me. I suggested to Brad to set up a vote on this site with three options. We need a lot of input, this new look will be great for the fans, the students, and the team. I want a classy, 3000 to 3500 seat arena, with awesome dressing rooms, coaches offices, and administrative offices, and training facilities for basketball. I would like to get that done before my swan song. The emphasis should be on a smaller but boisterous atmosphere and all the dressing rooms and training rooms be first class, as good as they get. Put the money in those areas instead of too many seats. Wouldn't a winning program and 3000 sold out seats be a great problem to have? A long term goal, but it can happen. BRAD TEAGUE IS THE BEST. I WANT HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN TO KEEP FALLING IN LOVE WITH CONWAY. THAT IS OUR BEST CHANCE OF KEEPING HIM LONG TERM!

superman7515
February 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM

UCA plays football on natural grass but has decided to install turf for a change. The cost of painting lines, mowing, staff to maintain it all and other factors had to play a part in the decision. Some options that will be advertised are

Those three ideas may be put up for public scrutiny to see what the community wants. Great idea.

Skyboxes on BEAR HALL. All funded by contracts to parties willing to buy them. I think there might be only 2 left out of the dozen or so. With that option they are already paid for and since they will be on top of a college dorm that is being built already, the cost is minimal.

So we have a red field, a blue field, and now possibly a "vibrant purple" field? xnonono2x

Are the skyboxes being built on top of a women's dorm? If so, we'd like to purchase the remaining two. xnodx

FormerPokeCenter
February 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM

Great news. If ever a place needed turf, it's Conway. The grass on that field is ankle deep every time we play there! The stadium is little, but first class otherwise...I think if you guys build the sky boxes on the dorm, etc. that'll be a really cool addition.

But, really...about that grape and slate color scheme??? Think about the poor souls in the pressbox trying to chart plays and figure down and distance!

BEAR
February 26th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Yeah, if the officials mess up the spot, who will know. xlolx I think everyone should remember that UCA is fresh out of division II, and I don't mean years-wise, but rather funding, athletic facilities etc. These improvements are a long time coming and every UCA fan is greatful to those who are funding them. xsmileyclapx The grass may have been deep, but when you fell down the only pain you felt was from the hits by Jacob Ford, Larry Hart or one of our new defensive stars. xnodx xlolx I bet this spring time the stadium is going to look like a wreck with all the construction going on! But, I won't complain..I'll grab a shovel. xthumbsupx

P.S. The head of the education system in Arkansas has left and is now over the Louisiana system....you are in for a treat....xsmhx