PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Gardner Webb Alumni & Fans

WestCoastAggie
February 24th, 2011, 11:37 PM
How do you all feel about Joe Pizzo?

How was his offense at GW?

elcid83
February 26th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Coach Pizzo is a great coach and a great guy. I suspect that he was the Head Coach at GW for the last few years without the title or the pay.He is a good pickup for you guys and I am pleased to see that he landed a good gig. Based on what you are paying Coach Broadway, I assume he also got a raise. He ran a spread option at GW with undersized RBs. When we got inside the 10 yd line, we had great difficulty scoring a TD. I believe he wants to run more of a pro style O if he has the right personnel. Congratulations to Coach Pizzo and good luck.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

WestCoastAggie
February 27th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Coach Pizzo is a great coach and a great guy. I suspect that he was the Head Coach at GW for the last few years without the title or the pay.He is a good pickup for you guys and I am pleased to see that he landed a good gig. Based on what you are paying Coach Broadway, I assume he also got a raise. He ran a spread option at GW with undersized RBs. When we got inside the 10 yd line, we had great difficulty scoring a TD. I believe he wants to run more of a pro style O if he has the right personnel. Congratulations to Coach Pizzo and good luck.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

Thanks for the info on Coach Pizzo.