PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Recruit Video

colgate13
February 27th, 2006, 12:14 PM
I just blogged about two videos on recruits of ours, and one in particular looks outstanding.

Tony Watts is a running back from Florida. Check out his highlights (http://sunshinepreps.net/oldclips/Tony%20Watts.wmv). That is some nice depth behind Jordan Scott...

LBPop
February 27th, 2006, 07:43 PM
That is some nice depth behind Jordan Scott...

For some perspective, how was Jordan Scott rated when he was first signed? If I recall correctly, he may not have been the #1 RB at his high school. Of course, he came from a monster program.

Bub
February 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Nice runner, good speed. Nice line to run behind.

chrebet87
February 28th, 2006, 12:19 AM
He looks great but it will be interesting to see if he gets any time behind Jordan.
As for the WR, he looked like a great blocker which could definately come in handy.

nlwwln
February 28th, 2006, 12:53 AM
yea that kid sure looks like hes got it,looks like he probably had some options, how did they convince him to come up to cold hamilton NY from sunny FL. nice job colgate coaches

colgate13
February 28th, 2006, 09:00 AM
For some perspective, how was Jordan Scott rated when he was first signed? If I recall correctly, he may not have been the #1 RB at his high school. Of course, he came from a monster program.

Nationally? No idea.

Internally? Very high. We thought he had plenty of potential and luckily for him his chance to prove it came sooner than later.

colgate13
February 28th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Nice runner, good speed. Nice line to run behind.

My thoughts EXACTLY. You could tell Watts has some speed and some moves, but man, he also had some NICE holes. I want to know where that offensive line is going!

colgate13
February 28th, 2006, 09:05 AM
He looks great but it will be interesting to see if he gets any time behind Jordan.

Besides the obvious desire for depth in general in case of injury, we are a little light on running backs to begin with. Right now we've basically got two freshman coming back (Scott and Hansen) and the transfer Bennett who I think we all know will mostly be a third down/change of pace/shifty type back.

Getting another good tailback (this class looks to have 3 good ones - I've heard of another 'stud' (in high school at least!) who has not verballed yet but is coming) is really important I think given how much we run the ball. If Scott is injured or having a bad game, Watts or someone else could be just what we need. Also, Scott carries the ball for 30-40+ times a game! Some fresh legs might be nice for 10 carries a game.

As for the WR, he looked like a great blocker which could definately come in handy.
That video definitely highlighted his blocking skill. I liked how he appeared to always look downfield and get there for the block.

Fordham
February 28th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Congrats, gate(s). The kid looks very good. Speed like that will find its way onto the field somehow and in some position ... not to mention that the depth it provides is excellent (at least for you guys).

Bub
February 28th, 2006, 09:37 AM
My thoughts EXACTLY. You could tell Watts has some speed and some moves, but man, he also had some NICE holes. I want to know where that offensive line is going!

You can be the greatest RB ever, but without a line you are going nowhere. I really liked the reverse where the lineman were running downfield with him leading the way.

chrebet87
February 28th, 2006, 11:30 AM
colgate13 have you heard anything about a new scoreboard being added to Andy Kerr with a video screen? I thought i heard it someone but i am not positive about it.

colgate13
February 28th, 2006, 12:13 PM
colgate13 have you heard anything about a new scoreboard being added to Andy Kerr with a video screen? I thought i heard it someone but i am not positive about it.

Yes, 100% positive we are getting a new scoreboard with all the bells and whistles including instant replay. It's much like this one at South Dakota.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/9390.jpg

I believe we didn't get the flanking score boards and it's a shade smaller on the video, but it's legit and will be the best in the PL (unless the new Lafayette stadium calls for something better).