McNeese State 6-1 SLC (8-3)
Sam Houston State 5-2 SLC (7-4)
Stephen F. Austin 3-4 SLC (6-5)
Central Arkansas 3-4 SLC (4-7)
Nicholls 2-5 SLC (3-8)
Southeastern Louisiana 1-6 (2-9)
Lamar 1-6 SLC (3-8)

Just a shot in the dark...

I do not think the Demons are going to end up 7-0 this year, but will favor them in each of their games heading into the season. BDP's squad has a lot of quality talent returning... McNeese and SHSU should both be strong... SHSU has to go to McNeese, so the Pokes get the edge (though they'd probably get the edge in my books if the game was in Huntsville)

SFA will see a drop off... UCA is the dark horse... not convinced Lamar will have the success they are seeking and as much as Lucas is a respected head coach, I have a bad feeling that this may be his last year... Stubbs needs one more year at Nicholls to get the ship in the right direction.

DG Cowboy
February 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM
So you have McNeese losses to NW, and 2 out of Kansas, Sioux Falls, TX St and UTSA? Kansas obviously should win, but I'd be more wary of some other SLC teams than TxSt and UTSA, even though TX St has proven capable of winning in LC. Who knows what will trot on the field for UTSA, like Lamar last year. Like you said, a February "shot in the dark".

Last year I didn't have a good feeeling about the Cowpokes, but I'm feeling very optimistic this season.

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2011, 10:06 AM
So you have McNeese losses to NW, and 2 out of Kansas, Sioux Falls, TX St and UTSA? Kansas obviously should win, but I'd be more wary of some other SLC teams than TxSt and UTSA, even though TX St has proven capable of winning in LC. Who knows what will trot on the field for UTSA, like Lamar last year. Like you said, a February "shot in the dark".

Correct...

Figure there's a split of UTSA, TXST games. Not sure how that will fall in the slightest bit, but both games are at home. Figure it was 'safer' to go with a split. That's what I did for SHSU too - split UTSA, TXST games plus a loss to FBS out of conference.

McNeese75
February 16th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Gotta disagree with you Terror on the split thing with UTSA and Tx State. Both of those games will go in the W column at home. NW State will probably be a win as well. Kansas, probably not expecially after the bushwacking NDSU put on them last year. The SFA game there will probably be a challenge but we owe em so who knows. Anyway, that is my guess which is worth about as much as the othersxlolx

UCABEARS75
February 22nd, 2011, 02:04 PM
I attempt to be as objective as possible but, of course, can not be fully as I am a UCA fan. With this being said, we may not win a game as we did not really blow anybody out last year (except Texas State) and the conference does figure to be stronger. However, we have 17 starters returning and about 50 lettermen with 25 or so of them having started at one time or another. We have holes to fill (d-line) and we need to get better at other positions (O-line).

I am going to go out on a limb and say we will be 5-2 conference and 7-4 overall.