PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Composite Schedule, Organized by Conference

Lehigh Football Nation
February 14th, 2011, 03:28 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?429-Conference-Schedules

Want to see your conference's entire composite schedule, up-to-date with all the known kickoff times? Visit the page above and click the links to your favorite conference!

All pages are up-to-date with known opponents. If they haven't announced their schedule, they are listed with OPEN dates in the gaps in their schedule.

See anything wrong? Does a schedule need updating? Post a reply to this thread, and I'll do my best to fix it.

Some notes:

* Though both schools' sites don't list an opponent, I have listed the Atlanta Classic as being Florida A&M vs. Southern, and I basically consider that a confirmation that they're both playing in the game (and have officially announced their schedule).

* UTSA's site lists Northwestern State as an opponent, but I don't have it listed since it would give the Demons 12 games and it is not listed on their website. So I have 10 games, currently, for UTSA.

Enjoy!

GeauxLions94
February 14th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Here's Southeastern Louisiana's Tentative 2011 Schedule

Sept. 1 - at Tulane (Thursday) ... possible move to Saturday depending on Saints Preseason game
Sept. 10 - Savannah State
Sept. 17 - at Southern Miss
Sept. 24 - at McNeese State *
Oct. 1 - Lamar *
Oct. 8 - OPEN
Oct. 15 - at Northwestern State *
Oct. 22 - Texas State
Oct. 29 - at Central Arkansas *
Nov. 5 - Sam Houston State *
Nov. 12 - at Stephen F. Austin *
Nov. 17 - Nicholls *

DFW HOYA
February 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Correction:

Georgetown at Wagner, Oct. 15
http://www.wagnerathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&

Lehigh Football Nation
February 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks! The correction/additions have been applied. Keep them coming!

superman7515
February 14th, 2011, 04:40 PM
FAMU hasn't signed the contract to agree to play in the Atlantic Classic yet, hence it not being on their schedule. Delaware State 10-15-11 @ North Carolina A&T

nwFL Griz
February 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM
* UTSA's site lists Northwestern State as an opponent, but I don't have it listed since it would give the Demons 12 games and it is not listed on their website. So I have 10 games, currently, for UTSA.

Enjoy!

Uh, no it doesn't:

http://www.goutsa.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13100&SPID=34919&SPSID=601025

etiger
February 14th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Here is Towson Univeristy schedule:

The Towson University Football schedule had to be changed due to U of Maryland having an ESPN ACC game out on them for Sept 3. The game was moved to Oct 1, the game with Costal Carolina was dropped and we added Morgan State at home to open on Sept 3. Here is the new schedule:

Sept. 3 MORGAN STATE Unitas Stadium 7 p.m. Spirit of Baltimore Night
Sept. 10 VILLANOVA * Unitas Stadium 7 p.m. Night of Champions/Band Night
Sept. 17 Bye Week
Sept. 24 COLGATE Unitas Stadium 7 p.m. Homecoming/Tiger Club Reunion
Oct. 1 at Maryland College Park, Md.
Oct. 8 RICHMOND * Unitas Stadium 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 15 at Old Dominion * Norfolk, Va.
Oct. 22 at William & Mary * Williamsburg, Va.
Oct. 29 DELAWARE * Unitas Stadium 6 p.m. Tiger Club Night/Hall of Fame Night
Nov. 5 at Maine * Orono, Maine
Nov. 12 NEW HAMPSHIRE * Unitas Stadium TBA Senior Day
Nov. 19 at Rhode Island * Kingston, R.I.

I like opening with 3 straight home games, and adding Morgan State again for the Battle of Baltimore.

JSUBison
February 14th, 2011, 05:26 PM
NDSU: 9/17 This is an open date, GSU bought the game out. I think GSU will play Presbyterian.

SDSU: They play @Illinois 9/10.

I Bleed Purple
February 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Who does Montana State play on 9/1? Text says Utah State, but the logo is Utah.

Bogus Megapardus
February 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Ivy still with three open dates? It can't possibly be. Teams clamor for these games years in advance.

nwFL Griz
February 14th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Ivy still with three open dates? It can't possibly be. Teams clamor for these games years in advance.

Can't access the site linked by LFN, but if he has open dates for any of the Ivies, that's wrong. They are all full up.

Montana St plays at Utah.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all the help! I've made all the changes and fixes.

I think with some brain power I can probably figure out other games in the schedule as well. For example, I believe Villanova will play Game 1 at Temple and their October "open date" with New Hampshire. Next up, I'll review all the schedules and see if I can "fill in the blanks".

The Ivies are indeed filled up, but they haven't all announced their schedules, so if I don't know their complete schedule I have it listed as "OPEN". It's there where I think "filling in the blanks" will be helpful. Ivy conference games basically do not change from year to year, so it should not be difficult to plug those gaps (I think).

DJKyR0
February 15th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I could be wrong but a fellow Bison fan raised the possibility of NDSU's bye week getting moved from Week 3 to later on depending on what happened with conference play. No idea if that's at all possible (I was under the impression conference games are locked in?) but might come up somehow.

Libertine
February 15th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Dude, please update your Liberty logo. The one you're using was discontinued in 2004 (for obvious reasons). The correct logo can be viewed here: http://www.libertyflames.com/media/1912/media_relations/Liberty%20Flames%20TM%20Logo.jpg

EDIT: Please excuse my tone. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just hate that logo so very much.

Tuscon
February 15th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Also, you might want to take a look at South Alabama's team name. Try as they might, they aren't the Panthers.

darell1976
February 15th, 2011, 08:49 AM
UND @ Northern Colorado 3:35pm ET
UND @ UC Davis 5:05pm ET

Also even though we are the Fighting Sioux not the Fightin' Sioux this fall (August 15th to be exact) we will no longer have a nickname and Indian logo. We will be known as North Dakota with the UND logo (see my avatar).

Lehigh Football Nation
February 15th, 2011, 09:19 AM
OK, I made these other fixes. The Liberty logo will be changing soon, and I fixed USA's mascot and the UND game times.

About the UND Logo/nickname change: I'm keeping it with the current configuration (Fighting Sioux) and the Indian logo until it starts appearing elsewhere with the interlocking ND.

texcap
February 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I just read that Presbyterian will play at Cal- Berkley on 9/17 and Gardner Webb will play at Wake Forest, also on 9/17

Seawolf97
February 15th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Good job ! StonyBrooks schedule is 100% on. Thanks for the work put into thisxbowx

unialum95
February 15th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Northern Iowa's Updated Schedule:

2011:
Sept. 3 at Iowa State
Sept. 10 at Stephen F. Austin
Sept. 17 Open
Sept. 24 vs Western Illinois

Oct. 1 at Missouri State
Oct. 8 vs. Indiana State (Homecoming)
Oct. 15 at South Dakota State
Oct. 22 vs. Southern Illinois
Oct. 29 at North Dakota State

Nov. 5 vs. Youngstown State
Nov. 12 Open
Nov. 19 at Illinois State

kdinva
February 15th, 2011, 11:49 AM
VMI's

http://www.vmikeydets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9800&ATCLID=205095976

Presbyterian Coll.

http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89737&SPID=10734&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205096041&DB_OEM_ID=18100

Lehigh Football Nation
February 15th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Updated! The UNI, VMI and Presbyterian schedules really answered a lot of questions. It allowed me to finish the Big South conference schedule, for starters.

hebmskebm
February 15th, 2011, 01:25 PM
A couple of PFL Schedules:

Drake:

Sept 1: @ North Dakota
Sept 10: GRAND VIEW
Sept 17: MISSOURI S&T
Sept 24: @ Butler
Oct 1: CAMPBELL
Oct 8: @ Morehead State
Oct 15: @ San Diego
Oct 22: VALPARAISO
Oct 29: @ Marist
Nov 5: JACKSONVILLE
Nov 12: DAYTON

Morehead State:

9/1/2011 KENTUCKY CHRISTIAN
9/10/2011 at Illinois State
9/17/2011 at St. Francis (PA)
9/24/2011 SAN DIEGO
10/1/2011 at Valparaiso
10/8/2011 DRAKE
10/15/2011 at Jacksonville
10/22/2011 DAYTON
11/5/2011 at Campbell
11/12/2011 at Davidson
11/19/2011 BUTLER

Butler:

9/3-Albion College
9/10-@ Indiana State University
9/17- @Taylor University
9/24-Drake
10/1-@Dayton
10/8-@Campbell
10/15-Valpo
10/22-Marist
10/29-Open
11/5-Davidson
11/12-@ Jacksonville
11/19-@ Morehead

Campbell:

September 3 at Old Dominion Monarchs
SEPTEMBER 10 APPRENTICE SCHOOL BUILDERS
SEPTEMBER 24 JACKSONVILLE DOLPHINS
October 1 at Drake Bulldogs
OCTOBER 8 BUTLER BULLDOGS
October 15 at Marist Red Foxes
OCTOBER 22 SAN DIEGO TOREROS
October 29 at Davidson Wildcats
November 5 MOREHEAD STATE EAGLES
November 12 at Valparaiso Crusaders
November 19 at Georgia State Panthers

Bison_Kent
February 16th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Here is South Dakota State's schedule:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=64624&SPID=7153&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205096734&DB_OEM_ID=15000

Here is Lamar's (which interupts what South Dakota released for their Sept. 17 contest):

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021411aac.html

Lehigh Football Nation
February 16th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Here is South Dakota State's schedule:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=64624&SPID=7153&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205096734&DB_OEM_ID=15000

Here is Lamar's (which interupts what South Dakota released for their Sept. 17 contest):

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021411aac.html

Thanks - everyone has been added. I removed South Dakota from Lamar's schedule and added Incarnate Word.

Model Citizen
February 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM
San Diego at Azusa Pacific, Sept 3--6pm
Jacksonville at Western Illinois, Sept 10--TBA

Lehigh Football Nation
February 17th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Added these, and also removed Coastal Carolina/Georgia Southern from the schedule. The scheduling situation right now is still surprisingly fluid, with Georgia Southern having to scrap two games and South Dakota/Lamar disappearing from the schedule as well.

Not sure if there are any more FBS games to report, or openings. I think CCU@UGA was the last one.

Bogus Megapardus
February 17th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Just a minor tweak here - the October 1 Lafayette vs. Harvard game will be at home for the Leopards. This was announced by Tavani during signing day and is a change from the previous schedule, which had it at Harvard.

aceinthehole
February 17th, 2011, 11:50 AM

Want to see your conference's entire composite schedule, up-to-date with all the known kickoff times? Visit the page above and click the links to your favorite conference!

All pages are up-to-date with known opponents. If they haven't announced their schedule, they are listed with OPEN dates in the gaps in their schedule.

See anything wrong? Does a schedule need updating? Post a reply to this thread, and I'll do my best to fix it.

Where did you get the CCSU/UMass date? The game has been strongly rumored on both sides, but I haven't seen a date published.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 17th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Where did you get the CCSU/UMass date? The game has been strongly rumored on both sides, but I haven't seen a date published.

I've taken that "strongly rumored" as a "yes", with that particular date being the only one, I think, that works for UMass.

hebmskebm
February 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Great job on all of this LFN, just a quick heads up; the Lafayette and Harvard schedules are messed up at the moment, with Lafayette's logo replaced by Harvard's logo on Harvard's schedule and Harvard not on Lafayette's schedule at all! Again, thanks for all your hard work, us FCS diehards really appreciate it.

UAalum72
February 19th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Bryant releases 2011 schedule in the NEC http://bryantbulldogs.com/sports/fball/2011-12/schedule

Also the Albany logo was updated six years ago http://www.northeastconference.org/images/general/2004/8/4/Albany_web.jpg

nwFL Griz
February 19th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Can't access LFN's schedules, but maybe he has some info regarding a conflict. Both Lamar and UAPB have released schedules showing Langston as their opponent for Sep 3. Lamar hosts Langston in Beaumont, while UAPB is playing in the Delta Classic 4 Literacy in Little Rock against Langston.

Any info there LFN? Who's right here?

CoastalFan2005
February 19th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Coastal has added a home game vs. D2 Catawba on 09/10 as a replacement for the postponed trip to GSU. Further updates to our schedule will be posted here (http://www.coastalfans.com/?p=699), I'm keeping a blog updated with news as it becomes available.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 19th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I've added all of this information to the schedule. Try as I may, I have been unable to discover why Langston University has two games scheduled for the same day. I've left them both on the schedule for the moment, trying to figure out the problem. Even Langston's "website" (if you can call it that) is unhelpful in clearing up the matter.

If you put a gun to my head, I'd say Langston will be playing at Lamar. But I haven't verified it as of yet.

I've also added Alabama A&M to the mix, who just announced their schedule this Friday.

cmaxwellgsu
February 20th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Georgia Southern will be playing Tusculum (D2) on Sept 10. Thanks for all the hard work!

R3TRO
February 20th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Where did the HC @ UNH game come from? Neither school has posted their schedule. Can this be confirmed anywhere?

nwFL Griz
February 20th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I've added all of this information to the schedule. Try as I may, I have been unable to discover why Langston University has two games scheduled for the same day. I've left them both on the schedule for the moment, trying to figure out the problem. Even Langston's "website" (if you can call it that) is unhelpful in clearing up the matter.

If you put a gun to my head, I'd say Langston will be playing at Lamar. But I haven't verified it as of yet.

I've also added Alabama A&M to the mix, who just announced their schedule this Friday.

I disagree, if pressed, I would say Langston would be in the Classic vs. UAPB. just my opinion, though.

BEAR
February 21st, 2011, 03:42 PM
UCA new schedule as of 2-21. Dropped Murray State and UA-monticello and now we have this:

Thu. 9/1/2011 Henderson State Conway, Ark. 7 p.m. Details
Sat. 9/10/2011 Louisiana Tech Ruston, La. Details
Sat. 9/17/2011 Sam Houston State* Huntsville, Texas Details
Sat. 9/24/2011 Arkansas State Jonesboro, Ark. Details
Sat. 10/1/2011 Stephen F. Austin* Conway, Ark. Details
Sat. 10/8/2011 Nicholls* Thibodaux, La. Details
Sat. 10/15/2011 McNeese State* Conway, Ark. Details
Sat. 10/22/2011 Lamar* Beaumont, Texas Details
Sat. 10/29/2011 Southeastern Louisiana* Conway, Ark. Details
Sat. 11/5/2011 Northwestern State* Natchitoches, La. Details
Sat. 11/12/2011 Texas State Conway, Ark. Details
Sat. 11/26/2011 NCAA FCS Playoffs Details

McNeese75
February 21st, 2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.mcneesesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=205076094

Here is the final McNeese schedule for 2011

All home games will be at 7:00 PM

Lehigh Football Nation
February 21st, 2011, 11:10 PM
UCA's update now gives me two conflicts:

* Henderson State plays both UCA and Northwestern State on 9/3

* Langston plays Lamar and UAPB on 9/3

Which are correct?

Again, the schedules are still surprisingly fluid at this point.

nwFL Griz
February 22nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
UCA's update now gives me two conflicts:

* Henderson State plays both UCA and Northwestern State on 9/3

* Langston plays Lamar and UAPB on 9/3

Which are correct?

Again, the schedules are still surprisingly fluid at this point.

Well, Henderson St says that UCA is correct:

http://www.hsu.edu/unofficial.aspx?id=5984

At least, for now.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 22nd, 2011, 10:38 PM
Added Marist and Tennessee State's announced schedules, as well as the unofficial announcement of Coastal Carolina vs. Western Carolina (I smell rivalry! xlolx )

Jackson State also announced, and I added them as well.

aceinthehole
February 24th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Where did the HC @ UNH game come from? Neither school has posted their schedule. Can this be confirmed anywhere?

Yeah, I haven't seen or heard that either.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 24th, 2011, 09:32 AM
UNI announced their schedule - announcing their final game, a home game against Southern Utah on Nov. 12th.

The MVFC is, in effect, complete now.

I'll come up with a list of schools which I don't have a complete schedule for. The NEC and Pioneer have quite a few that have not announced yet, and (of course) there's still those issues with Langston and Henderson State playing multiple teams on the same weekend.

UNHWILDCATS05
February 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
UNH schedule needs to be updated: No Holy Cross on 10/1... that turned out to be a false rumor. Instead DII Central State University (Ohio)... awesome...

2011 UNH FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (caps/bold = home)
Thursday, Sept. 1 at Toledo
Saturday, Sept. 10 at Lehigh
Saturday, Sept. 17 CENTRAL STATE
Saturday, Sept. 24 at Richmond
Saturday, Oct. 1 Bye
Saturday, Oct. 8 VILLANOVA
Saturday, Oct. 15 at William & Mary
Saturday, Oct. 22 at UMass (at Gillette Stadium)
Saturday, Oct. 29 RHODE ISLAND
Saturday, Nov. 5 JAMES MADISON
Saturday, Nov. 12 at Towson
Saturday, Nov. 19 MAINE

Lehigh Football Nation
February 24th, 2011, 03:18 PM
* Fixed UNH's schedule.
* Added Southern Utah.
* Added Bethune-Cookman.

Here's who I don't have yet officially (well, I have more than half of their games, but I don't have complete schedules for them yet):

Alabama State
Albany
Alcorn State
Austin Peay
CCSU
Delaware State
Duquesne
Grambling State
Hampton
Holy Cross
Howard
Mississippi Valley State
Murray State
Morgan State
North Carolina A&T
Portland State
Prairie View A&M
Robert Morris
Rhode Island
Sacred Heart
SEMO
South Dakota (replacement for 9/17 game)
Southern
St. Francis (PA)
Tennessee Tech
Texas Southern
UT Martin

Also, no word on the Henderson State/Langston situations on 9/3.

nwFL Griz
February 24th, 2011, 04:05 PM
* Fixed UNH's schedule.
* Added Southern Utah.
* Added Bethune-Cookman.

Here's who I don't have yet officially (well, I have more than half of their games, but I don't have complete schedules for them yet):

Alabama State
Albany
Alcorn State
Austin Peay
CCSU
Delaware State
Duquesne
Grambling State
Hampton
Holy Cross
Howard
Mississippi Valley State
Murray State
Morgan State
North Carolina A&T
Portland State
Prairie View A&M
Robert Morris
Rhode Island
Sacred Heart
SEMO
South Dakota (replacement for 9/17 game)
Southern
St. Francis (PA)
Tennessee Tech
Texas Southern
UT Martin

Also, no word on the Henderson State/Langston situations on 9/3.

Southern has already announced their schedule:

http://http://gojagsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021111aaa.html

I have a lot of games for the rest, but don't want to take up the space here. Send a pm if you want and we can exchange.

Ivytalk
February 26th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Only change to Harvard's 2011 schedule from 2010 is the substitution of Bucknell for Lehigh as a PL opponent.

McNeeserocket
March 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM

Some notes:

* Though both schools' sites don't list an opponent, I have listed the Atlanta Classic as being Florida A&M vs. Southern, and I basically consider that a confirmation that they're both playing in the game (and have officially announced their schedule).

Enjoy!

The Southland link is not working. The page pulls up but nothing is on it.

Tribal
March 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM
UNH schedule needs to be updated: No Holy Cross on 10/1... that turned out to be a false rumor. Instead DII Central State University (Ohio)... awesome...

2011 UNH FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (caps/bold = home)
Thursday, Sept. 1 at Toledo
Saturday, Sept. 10 at Lehigh
Saturday, Sept. 17 CENTRAL STATE
Saturday, Sept. 24 at Richmond
Saturday, Oct. 1 Bye
Saturday, Oct. 8 VILLANOVA
Saturday, Oct. 15 at William & Mary
Saturday, Oct. 22 at UMass (at Gillette Stadium)
Saturday, Oct. 29 RHODE ISLAND
Saturday, Nov. 5 JAMES MADISON
Saturday, Nov. 12 at Towson
Saturday, Nov. 19 MAINE

Wow, with this schedule, anything short of a 9-3 record will be a disappointment.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Made a bunch of changes. Added/confirmed URI's and Morgan State's schedules, and added a bunch of game times.

Last night the Southland schedule was not working, but today it seems to be working (?). I am baffled, but it's working now.

kdinva
March 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Delaware St. 2011----

(scroll down, 2010 & 2011 sked on same page, for now)

http://www.dsuhornets.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=82272&SPID=5798&DB_OEM_ID=12900&Q_SEASON=2010

Bison_Kent
March 4th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Sept. 24 Portland State @ Texas Christian

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030311aab.html

Lehigh Football Nation
March 8th, 2011, 04:38 PM
With Portland State and Coastal Carolina/NCAT announcing their schedules, the final pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

The MEAC is very close to being complete as well. By process of elimination it is possible to determine a couple more conference games involving Howard, Hampton and NCAT.

hebmskebm
March 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM
With Portland State and Coastal Carolina/NCAT announcing their schedules, the final pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

The MEAC is very close to being complete as well. By process of elimination it is possible to determine a couple more conference games involving Howard, Hampton and NCAT.

Apparently, Howard has had their 2011 schedule up for months:

http://www.howard-bison.com/sports/fball/2010-11/releases/2011030349ix44

September

3 at Eastern Michigan, TBA

10 vs Morehouse# 3:30 pm

17 vs NORFOLK STATE, 1 pm

24 vs Morgan State&, 4 pm

October

1 at Savannah State, TBA

8 at Florida A&M, TBA

15 vs Georgetown, 1 pm

22 vs NORTH CAROLINA A&T@, 1 pm

29 vs SC STATE, 1 pm

November

5 at Hampton, TBA

19 at Delaware State, 12 pm

hebmskebm
March 9th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Also, in addition to playing Howard on 9/3, Eastern Mich is playing Alabama State on 9/10

http://www.emueagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Lehigh Football Nation
March 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks! Howard's missing schedule means I have the entire MEAC conference schedule in there. The only MEAC team missing at this point is North Carolina A&T, who either has only 10 games this year or has one more game to announce - either an FBS game or an Aggie-Eagle classic against D-II Winston-Salem State.

Nice catch on Alabama State, too. I added Mississippi Valley State (who announced in there somewhere) and added the Turkey Day Classic as well.

The SWAC is taking shape, though I'm still missing a bunch of schedules.

hebmskebm
March 18th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Robert Morris

http://www.rmucolonials.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=59580&SPID=6527&DB_OEM_ID=13900&Q_SEASON=2011

hebmskebm
March 19th, 2011, 12:20 AM
South Dakota rounds out their schedule with a home game against Northwestern Oklahoma State on 9/17. http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/schedule.asp

Captain
March 19th, 2011, 06:32 AM
UT Martin's schedule is now complete. There may be some more games moved to Thursday night, but these are the right weeks and opponents.

9/1 at Jacksonville State
9/15 Union(KY) College
9/24 Murray State
10/1 Tennessee Tech
10/8 Austin Peay
10/15 at South Alabama
10/22 at Eastern Illinois
10/29 SEMO
11/5 at Mississippi State
11/12 at Tennessee State
11/19 at Eastern KY

kdinva
March 19th, 2011, 08:07 AM
The SWAC is taking shape, though I'm still missing a bunch of schedules.
shocking.... xchinscratchx

hebmskebm
March 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM
shocking.... xchinscratchx

The SWAC, Pioneer, NEC, and OVC are notorious stragglers when it comes to releasing schedules!

hebmskebm
March 21st, 2011, 11:31 PM
St. Francis

http://www.sfuathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

9/3/2011 Wagner Staten Island, NY
9/10/2011 North Dakota State Fargo, ND
9/17/2011 Morehead State Loretto, PA
9/24/2011 Duquesne Loretto, PA
10/1/2011 Albany Loretto, PA
10/8/2011 Robert Morris Moon Township, PA
10/15/2011 Sacred Heart Fairfield, Conn.
10/22/2011 Youngstown State Youngstown, Ohio
10/29/2011 Central Connecticut State Loretto, PA
11/5/2011 Monmouth Loretto, PA
11/12/2011 Bryant Smithfield, RI

Lehigh Football Nation
March 22nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
I just want to say for the record three things:

1) The composite schedules continue to take shape with the latest additions (thanks everyone),
2) the Pioneer, NEC, and SWAC schedules are indeed taking shape, and
3) I really, really, really like St. Francis (PA)'s new website. xnodx xlolx

Libertine
March 22nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
3) I really, really, really like St. Francis (PA)'s new website. xnodx xlolx

Hmm. Flash Player for Flash players.

hebmskebm
March 22nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
San Diego. (cue Ron Burgundy joke)

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/usd-m-footbl-sched.html

2011 SCHEDULE

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

09/03/11 at Azusa Pacific Azusa, CA TBA
09/10/11 Western New Mexico San Diego, CA 6:00 p.m. PT
09/17/11 at UC Davis Davis, CA 6:05 p.m. PT
09/24/11 at Morehead State Morehead, KY TBA
10/01/11 vs. Davidson San Diego, CA TBA
10/08/11 at Valparaiso Valparaiso, IN 11:00 a.m. PT
10/15/11 vs. Drake University San Diego, CA TBA
10/22/11 at Campbell Buies Creek, NC 10:00 a.m. PT
11/05/11 at Dayton Dayton, OH 10:00 a.m. PT
11/12/11 vs. Marist San Diego, CA TBA
11/19/11 vs. Jacksonville San Diego, CA TBA

nwFL Griz
March 23rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
With Campbell, Drake, Marist, Morehead, San Diego, Valparaiso having some form of schedule on their website and Butler's being reported on fan sites, something interesting is happening with Pioneer schedules...J'ville, Dayton and Davidson look to only have 7 conference opponents, unless I'm missing something.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 23rd, 2011, 09:35 AM
With Campbell, Drake, Marist, Morehead, San Diego, Valparaiso having some form of schedule on their website and Butler's being reported on fan sites, something interesting is happening with Pioneer schedules...J'ville, Dayton and Davidson look to only have 7 conference opponents, unless I'm missing something.

Pioneer schedules should all have 8 conference opponents, with 3 OOC games and one conference opponent not played. Last year, Jacksonville didn't play Dayton, meaning that the Flyers and Dolphins were "co-champs".

The missing PFL games through process of elimination are:

Dayton vs. Jacksonville 10/8/2011
Jacksonville vs. Davidsion 10/22/2011
Dayton vs. Davidson 9/10/2011 or 9/24/2011

I can't report them yet since I don't know who is home and who is away. Normally they're alternating, but since Dayton and Jacksonville didn't play each other last year I'm really unsure who plays where.

Unofficially, Duquesne is rumored to be playing Dayton. If so, that you put Dayton/Duquense on 9/10 and Dayton/Davidson on 9/24.

That leaves one OOC game for Dayton on either 10/8 (likely) or 11/20 (unlikely), and two OOC games for Davidson. It seems logical that a local sub-D-I teams be the final games for both Davidson and Dayton, unless there are more Pioneer/NEC or Pioneer/Big South pairings (Gardner-Webb is the only Big South team that hasn't announced) that haven't been reported. Jacksonville's two Pioneer games gives them an 11-game schedule.

nwFL Griz
March 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Pioneer schedules should all have 8 conference opponents, with 3 OOC games and one conference opponent not played. Last year, Jacksonville didn't play Dayton, meaning that the Flyers and Dolphins were "co-champs".

The missing PFL games through process of elimination are:

Dayton vs. Jacksonville 10/8/2011
Jacksonville vs. Davidsion 10/22/2011
Dayton vs. Davidson 9/10/2011 or 9/24/2011

I can't report them yet since I don't know who is home and who is away. Normally they're alternating, but since Dayton and Jacksonville didn't play each other last year I'm really unsure who plays where.

Unofficially, Duquesne is rumored to be playing Dayton. If so, that you put Dayton/Duquense on 9/10 and Dayton/Davidson on 9/24.

That leaves one OOC game for Dayton on either 10/8 (likely) or 11/20 (unlikely), and two OOC games for Davidson. It seems logical that a local sub-D-I teams be the final games for both Davidson and Dayton, unless there are more Pioneer/NEC or Pioneer/Big South pairings (Gardner-Webb is the only Big South team that hasn't announced) that haven't been reported. Jacksonville's two Pioneer games gives them an 11-game schedule.

I'm a moron. I found my mistake...fixed.

Jacksonville has to be hosting both Davidson and Dayton as that would make 4 home/4 away pioneer games for the Dolphins. That would make Davidson at Dayton for the last game. However, I have both 9/24 and 10/15 as common open dates for both Dayton and Davidson...you got anything for either of them on those dates?

Davidson is hosting Lenoir-Rhyne on 9/10, so that's one OOC for them. And I believe Dayton hosts Central St for their final OOC, just don't have a date yet.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
I'm a moron. I found my mistake...fixed.

Jacksonville has to be hosting both Davidson and Dayton as that would make 4 home/4 away pioneer games for the Dolphins. That would make Davidson at Dayton for the last game. However, I have both 9/24 and 10/15 as common open dates for both Dayton and Davidson...you got anything for either of them on those dates?

Davidson is hosting Lenoir-Rhyne on 9/10, so that's one OOC for them. And I believe Dayton hosts Central St for their final OOC, just don't have a date yet.

Nice catch. With your information, I added Lenoir-Rhyne at Davidson 9/10, Dayton at Jacksonville 10/8, and Davidson at Jacksonville 10/22. It seems reasonable that it's a 4 and 4 home/away Pioneer schedule. Plus, it gives Jacksonville 5 home games.

Also nice catch on the two open dates in common with Davidson and Dayton. Since it's still up in the air, I'll hold off on adding the final PFL game until that's sorted out by an announcement from either school.

Funny, I was trolling around Central State's site looking for a date with Dayton, but I couldn't find anything.

If Dayton vs. Duquesne is happening, it could happen on either 9/10 or 10/8 since I have open dates for both on both days. I think Dayton's schedule is probably some combination of Duquesne, Central State (OH) and Davidson, and it's just a matter of which in what dates.

Also in play is Davidson's 11th game, if they're having one. Last year it was Presbyterian, but not this year. If it's not a member of the NEC, it's probably going to be a sub-D-I team.

hebmskebm
March 24th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Austin Peay

http://www.apsugovernors.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16900&SPID=10147&SPSID=85871

Sat, Sep 03 Cincinnati at Cincinnati, Ohio TBA
Sat, Sep 17 Memphis at Memphis, Tenn. TBA
Sat, Sep 24 Eastern Kentucky * Clarksville, Tenn. TBA
Sat, Oct 01 Tennessee State * Clarksville, Tenn. TBA
Sat, Oct 08 UT Martin * at Martin, Tenn. TBA
Sat, Oct 15 Jacksonville State * Clarksville, Tenn. TBA
Sat, Oct 22 Southeast Missouri * at Cape Girardeau, Mo. TBA
Sat, Oct 29 Eastern Illinois * Clarksville, Tenn. TBA
Sat, Nov 05 Central State Clarksville, Tenn. TBA
Sat, Nov 12 Murray State * at Murray, Ky. TBA
Sat, Nov 19 Tennessee Tech * at Cookeville, Tenn. TBA

UAalum72
March 25th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Duquesne announces schedule today http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032511aab.html
2011 DUQUESNE FOOTBALL
additional game times to be announced

Date Opponent Time
Sept. 3 at Bucknell 6:00 pm
Sept. 10 at Dayton TBA
Sept. 17 VALPARAISO TBA
Sept. 24 at Saint Francis, Pa.* TBA
Oct. 1 BRYANT (HC)* TBA
Oct. 8 at Albany* TBA
Oct. 15 CENTRAL CONN. STATE* TBA
Oct. 22 WAGNER* TBA
Oct. 29 at Monmouth* TBA
Nov. 12 at Sacred Heart* TBA
Nov. 19 ROBERT MORRIS* TBA
* - indicates Northeast Conference (NEC) games
HC - Homecoming game vs. Bryant
TV games to be released by the NEC at a later date

UAalum72
March 26th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Sports Network reports Sacred Heart's schedule (though I can't find it on SHU's website yet)
http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx? ... id=4391625 (http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4391625)

2011 Sacred Heart Football Schedule
All Times ET

Sept. 3, Marist, TBA
Sept. 17, Bryant*, TBA
Sept. 24, Dartmouth, TBA
Oct. 1, at Central Connecticut State*, TBA
Oct. 8, at Columbia, 12:30 p.m.
Oct. 15, Saint Francis (Pa.)*, TBA
Oct. 22, Monmouth*, TBA
Oct. 29, at Robert Morris*, noon
Nov. 5, at Wagner*, 1 p.m.
Nov. 12, Duquesne*, TBA
Nov. 19, at Albany*, TBA

*-Northeast Conference game

Lehigh Football Nation
March 27th, 2011, 05:30 PM
With the two schedules from Sacred Heart and Duquesne, it is now possible to figure out the final NEC conference game (Albany vs. CCSU) and all the NEC schools' schedules are complete, with only one OOC game (CCSU vs. ? on 9/3 or 11/12) to go.

If Holy Cross' final game this year is against a D-I school, it seems like will be vs. either Dayton or Davidson, one of the two FCS teams left with a potential open date on the Crusaders' open date (9/24). Dayton/Davidson would then have a conference game on 10/15, and would leave one OOC game for either Dayton or Davidson.

My thought is that Davidson will be Holy Cross' final game since that way Dayton and Davidson would only have one sub-D-I OOC game apiece.

That completes a lot of schedules, with the OVC, and SWAC the only conferences with a lot of voids at this point. All the others are only missing an OOC game or two here and there.

aceinthehole
March 27th, 2011, 07:51 PM
With the two schedules from Sacred Heart and Duquesne, it is now possible to figure out the final NEC conference game (Albany vs. CCSU) and all the NEC schools' schedules are complete, with only one OOC game (CCSU vs. ? on 9/3 or 11/12) to go.

That completes a lot of schedules, with the OVC, and SWAC the only conferences with a lot of voids at this point. All the others are only missing an OOC game or two here and there.

Murray State is opening at Louisviille.
http://www.racerfans.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11139

Alcorn State announced their schedule.
http://www.alcornsports.com/news/2011/3/21/FB_0321112902.aspx

Any other FCS teams available on CCSU's 2 open dates?

9/2 - Texas Southern (SWAC)
11/12 - South Alabama (Indy)

It's looking to me that Central will likely have a D-II home game. :(

hebmskebm
March 27th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Portland State plays Southern Oregon on 9/3

nwFL Griz
March 28th, 2011, 08:02 AM
If Holy Cross' final game this year is against a D-I school, it seems like will be vs. either Dayton or Davidson, one of the two FCS teams left with a potential open date on the Crusaders' open date (9/24). Dayton/Davidson would then have a conference game on 10/15, and would leave one OOC game for either Dayton or Davidson.

My thought is that Davidson will be Holy Cross' final game since that way Dayton and Davidson would only have one sub-D-I OOC game apiece.

That's a nice thought, but we are talking about a Pioneer team here...and one that has a history of sub-par scheduling.

Davidson's 11th game is against Johnson C. Smith.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 28th, 2011, 02:54 PM
That's a nice thought, but we are talking about a Pioneer team here...and one that has a history of sub-par scheduling.

Davidson's 11th game is against Johnson C. Smith.

I added all the changes, including Alcorn State's schedule (like MVSU a 10 game schedule... xsmhx )

I can't find Johnson C. Smith vs. Davidson anywhere, but I'll keep looking.

With North Carolina A&T announcing their 2011 schedule, that leaves only a handful of stragglers left.

hebmskebm
March 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
What's the deal with DII Central State? They're likely playing a whopping FOUR FCS games next season! UNH, Austin Peay, NC Central, and (probably) Dayton. Has a non-transitioning DII ever played that many games against DI schools before?

Lehigh Football Nation
March 28th, 2011, 03:54 PM
You might want to take a peek at NAIA Concordia (AL), who is playing three SWAC schools this year (Jackson State, Grambling, Alcorn State). Tuskegee also plays two SWAC teams, though one is the "Turkey Day Classic", the Alabama State Thanksgiving game that's played yearly.

nwFL Griz
March 28th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I added all the changes, including Alcorn State's schedule (like MVSU a 10 game schedule... xsmhx )

I can't find Johnson C. Smith vs. Davidson anywhere, but I'll keep looking.

With North Carolina A&T announcing their 2011 schedule, that leaves only a handful of stragglers left.

http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=13404&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Second to last post on page 1.

hebmskebm
March 28th, 2011, 11:26 PM
SEMO

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

09/03/11 vs. Southern Illinois Cape Girardeau, Mo. 6:00 p.m. CT
09/17/11 at Purdue West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
09/24/11 at Tennessee Tech * Cookeville, Tenn. TBA
10/01/11 vs. Eastern Illinois (Family Weekend) * Cape Girardeau, Mo. 6:00 p.m. CT
10/08/11 at Tennessee State * Nashville, Tenn. TBA
10/15/11 at Eastern Kentucky * Richmond, Ky. TBA
10/22/11 vs. Austin Peay (Homecoming) * Cape Girardeau, Mo. 1:00 p.m. CT
10/29/11 at UT Martin * Martin, Tenn. TBA
11/05/11 vs. Central Methodist Cape Girardeau, Mo. 1:00 p.m. CT
11/12/11 vs. Jacksonville State * Cape Girardeau, Mo. 1:00 p.m. CT
11/19/11 vs. Murray State * Cape Girardeau, Mo. 1:00 p.m. CT

UAalum72
March 29th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Albany 2011 Schedule (http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205125400&DB_OEM_ID=15800) released. As expected, but now we have game times.
2011 University at Albany Football Schedule
September --
3 (Sat.), at Colgate, 6:00;
17 (Sat.), Maine, 6:00;
24 (Sat.), at Columbia, 12:30.
October --
1 (Sat.), at Saint Francis, Pa.*, 1:00;
8 (Sat.), Duquesne*, 1:00;
15 (Sat.), Robert Morris* (HC), 1:00;
22 (Sat.), at Central Connecticut State*, 12:00;
29 (Sat.), at Wagner*, 1:00.
November --
5 (Sat.), Bryant*, 1:00;
12 (Sat), at Monmouth*, 12:00;
19 (Sat.), Sacred Heart*, 1:00.
*Northeast Conference Opponent (HC) - Homecoming/Fall Festival Weekend All Times Eastern

hebmskebm
March 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Portland State

http://www.goviks.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

3/2011 Southern Oregon H Jeld-Wen Field 5:05 p.m. Details
9/17/2011 Northern Arizona H * Jeld-Wen Field 5:05 p.m. Details
9/24/2011 TCU A Forth Worth, TX TBA Details
10/1/2011 Idaho State A * Pocatello, ID TBA Details
10/8/2011 Montana State H * Jeld-Wen Field 1:05 p.m. Details
10/15/2011 Montana A * Missoula, MT 12:05 p.m. PT Details
10/22/2011 Willamette H Jeld-Wen Field 5:05 p.m. Details
10/29/2011 Eastern Washington A * Cheney, WA 1:05 p.m. Details
11/5/2011 Sacramento State H * Jeld-Wen Field 1:05 p.m. Details
11/12/2011 Northern Colorado A * Greeley, CO 11:05 a.m. PT Details
11/19/2011 Weber State H * Jeld-Wen Field 1:05 p.m. Details

Willamette is a DIII school.

nwFL Griz
April 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM
http://www.nsudemons.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93049&SPID=11371&ATCLID=205128150&DB_OEM_ID=20000

Sep 1 Delta St @ Northwestern St

Lehigh Football Nation
April 5th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Made all these updates!

hebmskebm
April 5th, 2011, 10:49 PM
'Bama State

http://bamastatesports.com/documents/2011/4/3/2011_ALABAMA_STATE_FOOTBALL_SCHEDULE.pdf

hebmskebm
April 5th, 2011, 11:10 PM
The remaining 2010 stragglers (may their SIDs hang their heads in shame):

CCSU
Davidson
Dayton
Holy Cross
Murray State
Tennessee Tech
Texas Southern

Also, no word on the Langston situation on 9/3 (are they playing UAPB or Lamar?).

Lehigh Football Nation
April 5th, 2011, 11:26 PM
The remaining 2010 stragglers (may their SIDs hang their heads in shame):

CCSU
Davidson
Dayton
Holy Cross
Murray State
Tennessee Tech
Texas Southern

Also, no word on the Langston situation on 9/3 (are they playing UAPB or Lamar?).

My gut feeling on the final teams:

* Murray State & TTU are finalizing 11th game against D-IIs or NAIA's
* CCSU is finalizing a season-opening 11th game against a D-II, most likely Southern Connecticut
* Davidson, Dayton and Holy Cross are working out a swap for that final 9/24 slot (guessing Davidson at HC), giving all three 11 games
* Texas Southern is finalizing a game vs. one or two SIAC teams (and maybe playing a 10 game schedule)
* I think Langston is playing Lamar, putting both UAPB's season opener and the Delta Classic 4 Literacy up in the air

aceinthehole
April 6th, 2011, 06:53 AM

* CCSU is finalizing a season-opening 11th game against a D-II, most likely Southern Connecticut

I expect CCSU to announce their schedule any day now. We will likely open up at home with a D-II, NE-10 team. If we do, I hope it is Southern Conn.

Here's a post from the D2 messageboard:

By Northeast01 (3-29): But Central Connecticut is releasing theirs later this week and almost certainly are going to play one on their open date on Sep. 3. The three NE-10 teams with no announced games for the week of Sep. 3 are SCSU, AIC, and Merrimack.

nwFL Griz
April 6th, 2011, 07:45 AM

* Davidson, Dayton and Holy Cross are working out a swap for that final 9/24 slot (guessing Davidson at HC), giving all three 11 games
* Texas Southern is finalizing a game vs. one or two SIAC teams (and maybe playing a 10 game schedule)
* I think Langston is playing Lamar, putting both UAPB's season opener and the Delta Classic 4 Literacy up in the air

I think you are wrong about Langston. I think they are playing UAPB.

What's funny is that there are quite a few shared open dates among these teams, and with a little communication/cooperation, all could have games against D-I opponents.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 6th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I expect CCSU to announce their schedule any day now. We will likely open up at home with a D-II, NE-10 team. If we do, I hope it is Southern Conn.

My gut tells me SCSU since 1) they're an old-time rival of CCSU, and 2) AIC is already "playing up" against Bryant on 9/10, so they're unlikely to have two FCS games. It's not very scientific, but I think when three teams are waiting to announce, that means that they're trying to rearrange the schedules to make it work.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 6th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Very interestingly, there are two teams with 10-game schedules that match up perfectly with the OVC's last OOC games:

9/10 Mississippi Valley State, Murray State
10/8 Tennessee Tech, Alcorn State

Certainly these games would be better for all four teams that CIAA/SIAC/NAIA contests (or 10-game schedules)?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Another interesting possibility:

9/3 Texas Southern at Lamar

That clears up the Delta Classic 4 Literacy, finalizes Lamar's schedule (with an FCS team), and would mean all that Texas Southern would need to do is solidify one SIAC opponent on 9/17 or 10/22.

I wonder if all this will happen, or... ?

TTUEagles
April 6th, 2011, 11:04 AM

Of course, this was about 1 month ago, but talking with some of the football staff - they said they wanted 1 FBS game (Iowa this year), 1 home lower division game (D-III Maryville) and a home or away FCS opponent (TBA)...I guess it's not looking good for the FCS opponent this year...I'd rather play another FBS and take the $$ than a D-II or NAIA.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Alcorn State has a 10-game schedule and an opening that weekend... Maybe your ADs can contact one another!

It's a 9 hour trip. Not an easy trip, but barely doable by bus.

TN TECH
April 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I actually heard TTU might play Grambling St. Their schedule looks full, but with Alcorn's schedule matching up there may be something to this. Right conference, wrong team??

Lehigh Football Nation
April 8th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I actually heard TTU might play Grambling St. Their schedule looks full, but with Alcorn's schedule matching up there may be something to this. Right conference, wrong team??

Very interesting. It is possible for TTU to play Grambling if Grambling bags out of their game vs. Concordia 10/15, but Concordia is already playing Alcorn on 10/22 so it wouldn't fill any holes in their schedule.

Texas Southern has a 10/22 opening on my schedule, so it's possible for the following to happen:

10/8 Grambling State vs. Tennessee Tech, bag out of game with Concordia (AL) 10/15
10/15 Concordia (AL) hosted by Texas Southerm
10/22 Texas Southern @ Alabama A&M

Lot of teams involved, though. Would be a lot easier for Alcorn to fill the void for TTU with two known matching open dates.

hebmskebm
April 9th, 2011, 02:20 PM
DII Johnson C. Smith confirms game against Davidson on 9/24.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 10th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Message board chatter is claiming that New Hampshire may very well be changing their game against D-II Central State with a game vs. Holy Cross. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
With the announcement of Texas Southern's 11-game schedule, CCSU's 11-game schedule, Holy Cross @ UNH and Johnson C. Smith @ Davidson, it's possible to surmise the final Pioneer League game (Davidson @ Dayton on 10/8) and to mention the final teams with schedule openings at the moment:

Alcorn State (10/8 or 10/15)
Dayton (9/24 or 11/19)
Mississippi Valley State (9/10 or 11/19)
Murray State (9/10, 10/22 or 11/5)*
Tennessee Tech (10/8, 10/22 or 11/5)*

* Murray State and TTU will play each other on either 10/22 or 11/5.

There are also doubts whether Lambuth will compete in 2011, considering their financial problems. If they do decide to fold their football program, two FCS programs are affected:

Gardner-Webb (9/24)
Georgia State (11/5)

Lehigh Football Nation
April 12th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Intriguing FCS possibilities:

Scenario 1: Lambuth drops football
Dayton at Gardner-Webb (9/24)
Mississippi Valley State at Murray State (9/10)
Murray State at Tennessee Tech (10/22)
Tennessee Tech at Georgia State (11/5)

Scenario 2: Lambuth does not drop football
Non-D-I school (Central State (OH)?) at Dayton (9/24)
Alcorn State at Tennessee Tech (10/8)
Murray State at Tennessee Tech (10/22 or 11/5)

nwFL Griz
April 12th, 2011, 12:55 PM
With the announcement of Texas Southern's 11-game schedule, CCSU's 11-game schedule, Holy Cross @ UNH and Johnson C. Smith @ Davidson, it's possible to surmise the final Pioneer League game (Davidson @ Dayton on 10/8) and to mention the final teams with schedule openings at the moment:

Alcorn State (10/8 or 10/15)
Dayton (9/24 or 11/19)
Mississippi Valley State (9/10 or 11/19)
Murray State (9/10, 10/22 or 11/5)*
Tennessee Tech (10/8, 10/22 or 11/5)*

* Murray State and TTU will play each other on either 10/22 or 11/5.

There are also doubts whether Lambuth will compete in 2011, considering their financial problems. If they do decide to fold their football program, two FCS programs are affected:

Gardner-Webb (9/24)
Georgia State (11/5)

There are two other programs that have available dates:

UTSA (10/22, 11/5)
South Alabama (10/1, 11/12)

Also, Lamar filled the vacancy left by Langston playing UAPB with Texas College.

By the way, I'm fairly certain Dayton is playing at Central St (or at a nuetral site) on 9/24.

hebmskebm
April 14th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Found Dayton's schedule. No surprises, but another final piece of the puzzle.

http://www.oddsandnews.com/football/ncfaa/news/2011-03-25/dayton-to-play-five-at-home,-visit-jacksonville-122598

All Times ET

Sept. 3, at Robert Morris, noon

Sept. 10, Duquesne, TBA

Sept. 17, Marist*, TBA

Sept. 24, at Central State, TBA

Oct. 1, Butler*, TBA

Oct. 8, at Jacksonville*, TBA

Oct. 15, Davidson*, TBA

Oct. 22, at Morehead State*, TBA

Oct. 29, at Valparaiso*, 2 p.m.

Nov. 5, San Diego*, TBA

Nov. 12, at Drake*, 2 p.m.

*-Pioneer Football League game

Lehigh Football Nation
April 16th, 2011, 02:48 PM
THe other thread has confirmed that Lambuth is closing its doors, and will be abandoning its football program.

Also, taken from the other thread:

I have now heard (3rd hand) that TTU has in fact talked with Gardner Webb and Georgia State about filling an open date on TECH's schedule. Also, they've been working with Murray State on rearranging each other's schedule to fit the extra game in...To my knowledge, Murray and TECH only have 10 games and haven't officially scheduled the TTU win over Murray in 2011.

That means that we're in the following scenario:

Intriguing FCS possibilities:

Scenario 1: Lambuth drops football
Dayton at Gardner-Webb (9/24)
Murray State at Tennessee Tech (10/22)
Tennessee Tech at Georgia State (11/5)

This implies that TTU and Murray State originally had their game scheduled for 11/5, but are trying to move it to 10/22.

Also, as mentioned, Dayton has announced their schedule with them traveling to Central State (OH). So Dayton @ Gardner-Webb seems like a very remote possibility at best.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 16th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Update:

11/5 Gardner-Webb @ Georgia State would fix the problem too, as they have an open date on 11/5. Then they would have a bye week on 9/24, the date of the vacated Lambuth game. So it could work like this, too:

Murray State at Tennessee Tech (10/22 OR 11/5)
Gardner-Webb at Georgia State (11/5)

That gives EVERY team 11 games with FCS teams.

nwFL Griz
April 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Update:

11/5 Gardner-Webb @ Georgia State would fix the problem too, as they have an open date on 11/5. Then they would have a bye week on 9/24, the date of the vacated Lambuth game. So it could work like this, too:

Murray State at Tennessee Tech (10/22 OR 11/5)
Gardner-Webb at Georgia State (11/5)

That gives EVERY team 11 games with FCS teams.

Which means it is extremely unlikely that it will happen this way.

TN TECH
April 20th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Hope they get this worked out. Rumor in Cookeville now is that Tennessee Tech is trying to schedule with Gardner-Webb now but no deal is done.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 20th, 2011, 11:27 PM
With Murray State announcing their (all-D-I xhurrayx ) schedule, that leaves Tennessee Tech and Gardner-Webb/Georgia State (thanks to Lambuth) the only schools with openings. Alcorn State, UTSA and South Alabama also have openings.

Alcorn State (10/8, 10/15)
Gardner-Webb (9/24, 11/5)
Georgia State (10/1, 11/5)
South Alabama (10/1, 11/12)
UTSA (10/22, 11/5)
Tennessee Tech (10/8, 10/22)

The only way Tennessee Tech and Gardner-Webb play each other is through a shuffle. They could drop Brevard (9/3) and schedule two games on 9/24 and 11/5, but it seems unlikely as TTU has two conference games (now) on those two dates. Alcorn on 10/8 is the only clean fit for TTU that I can see.

The other option is TTU could schedule UTSA on 10/22. They might not even mind a road game, since they already have six.

It seems likely that the last two games are Gardner-Webb at Georgia State (11/5) and either Alcorn State or UTSA at Tennessee Tech on 10/8 or 10/22. South Alabama is pretty much locked at 10 games unless they get a NAIA team to fill out the schedule.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Bumping this back up, as I'm updating some of the updated game times.

Oh yeah, something else has been added, too. If you click on the links on certain game times, you'll be able to purchase TICKETS for the event thanks to the fine people at Select-a-Ticket.

Look for brand new schedule and scoreboard pages up soon at the College Sporting News!

TN TECH
May 3rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
I was wondering if any of the other schools without completed schedules have heard anything. I have heard nothing from Tennessee Tech other than they hope to have their schedule done in a week or two. It really shouldn't be that difficult.

Professor
May 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Do any schools that you know of have an opening for Labor Day weekend

nwFL Griz
May 4th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I was wondering if any of the other schools without completed schedules have heard anything. I have heard nothing from Tennessee Tech other than they hope to have their schedule done in a week or two. It really shouldn't be that difficult.

At this point Tech and GWU are the only ones left.

nwFL Griz
May 4th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Do any schools that you know of have an opening for Labor Day weekend

Georgia St, South Alabama, UTSA and Alcorn St have 10 games scheduled, but none of them are open on Labor Day. Neither are TTU or GWU, who haven't released schedules yet.

TTUEagles
May 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Tennessee Tech had it's 11th opponent verbally agree to a game, but dropped them on Saturday - as I am told. No word on whether or not it was another FCS school. I've been told that TTU "will take whoever we can get, now" (for the 11th game in 2011). Does anyone know of another FCS school than can play on 10-8 or 10 22?...From ealier in this thread, Alcorn St has only 10 games and an open date on 10-8-2011 - but they even refused a game with TTU - home or on the road

Lehigh Football Nation
May 9th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Tennessee Tech had it's 11th opponent verbally agree to a game, but dropped them on Saturday - as I am told. No word on whether or not it was another FCS school. I've been told that TTU "will take whoever we can get, now" (for the 11th game in 2011). Does anyone know of another FCS school than can play on 10-8 or 10 22?...From ealier in this thread, Alcorn St has only 10 games and an open date on 10-8-2011 - but they even refused a game with TTU - home or on the road

I think the only school left with an opening is UTSA on 10/22.

Sucks that Alcorn won't consider a home game against TTU. I cannot comprehend why.

TTUEagles
May 9th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I think the only school left with an opening is UTSA on 10/22.

Sucks that Alcorn won't consider a home game against TTU. I cannot comprehend why.

According to this, UTSA plays at N'western St on 10-22: http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13100&ATCLID=204907410

Lehigh Football Nation
May 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM
That game is no longer on their official schedule:

http://www.goutsa.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13100&SPID=34919&SPSID=601025

Northwestern State, I think, opted out so they could play SMU:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?424-Southland-Conference-2011-Football-Schedule

My schedule is the most up-to-date (I believe), and it has 10 games for UTSA.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?427-FCS-Independents-2011-Football-Schedule

nwFL Griz
May 9th, 2011, 03:16 PM
A possible scenario for you guys. Work with Murray St to get your game with them moved to 10/22. That would then free up a date for you guys to play Georgia State on 11/5.

Or UTSA on 10/22.

TTUEagles
May 9th, 2011, 03:32 PM
A possible scenario for you guys. Work with Murray St to get your game with them moved to 10/22. That would then free up a date for you guys to play Georgia State on 11/5.

Or UTSA on 10/22.

UTSA won't happen unless they agree to 1) pay TTU's flight to San Antone, or 2) come to Cookeville with virtually no extra money in return
I don't know how eager Murray St. would be to do this...but, I'll ask the AD; Apparently this past Saturday wasn't the first school for 2011 to back out on TTU at the last minute (karma for us dropping Gardner-Webb for Kansas State in '09?)

blackbeard
May 9th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Schedule has been out a while but now a press release:

http://www.sacredheartpioneers.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/releases/20110509o3p45d

GA St. MBB Fan
May 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM
TN Tech's 2011 Schedule:

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/2011-12/schedule

Sep. 3 at Iowa
Sep. 8 Maryville (Tenn.) Thursday Nigh
Sep. 17 at Eastern Ill.
Sep. 24 Southeast Mo. St.
Oct. 1 at Tenn.-Martin
Oct. 15 Tennessee St.
Oct. 29 at Jacksonville St.
Nov. 5 Murray St.
Nov. 12 at Eastern Ky.
Nov. 19 Austin Peay
_____

So it seems unless G-W and GA State can work something out, they'll be scheduling non-Div. Is on their respective open dates. Is that correct?

hebmskebm
May 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
TN Tech's 2011 Schedule:

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/2011-12/schedule

Sep. 3 at Iowa
Sep. 8 Maryville (Tenn.) Thursday Nigh
Sep. 17 at Eastern Ill.
Sep. 24 Southeast Mo. St.
Oct. 1 at Tenn.-Martin
Oct. 15 Tennessee St.
Oct. 29 at Jacksonville St.
Nov. 5 Murray St.
Nov. 12 at Eastern Ky.
Nov. 19 Austin Peay
_____

So it seems unless G-W and GA State can work something out, they'll be scheduling non-Div. Is on their respective open dates. Is that correct?

If they schedule anybody at all. :(

TTUEagles
May 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM
TTU has only 10 games this year. Very disappointing.

GA St. MBB Fan
May 15th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah I have a feeling that GA State is going to schedule a non-Div. I that is of some local or regional interest. I suppose it'll be nice for the fan base to have some sort of recognizable name. But, I was hoping for a FCS opponent.

Keeper
May 16th, 2011, 02:32 AM
another 10 game schedule which calls out the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0VGcbnOaQ4&feature=related

Lehigh Football Nation
May 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM
A possible solution to NCA&T and TnTU's scheduling issues:

1) NCA&T and Bethune-Cookman reschedule their 10/8 game to 9/17. This can be done because NCA&T is the HOME team. B-CU's open date now becomes 10/8 instead of 9/17.

2) NCA&T hosts TnTU on 10/8, replacing their home game vs. St. Paul's College on 9/3. This gives NCA&T the same number of home games. They would have a bye week in Week One and would have to play eleven straight weeks, but they'd have a full schedule.

I think this could happen. It makes a lot of sense, as long as B-CU is willing.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 19th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I've updated all the times of all the schedules. Post here if there are any obvious errors. Thanks!

TTUEagles
May 25th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I hate to keep bringing this up, but I do mainly because it affects my school and I cannot find anything out there regarding schedules. There are still 6-7 FCS schools with only 10 games...Does anybody have any updated info. on what's going on with that? Thanks!

TTUEagles
June 7th, 2011, 04:02 PM
NC A&T added Virginia-Lynchburg to open 2011...A D-II first-year-playing football school. What's the count on numbnut schools only playing 10 games now?

Tuscon
June 7th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Update

Sept. 2 CLARK ATLANTA GEORGIA DOME
Sept. 10 OLD DOMINION GEORGIA DOME
Sept. 17 at Jacksonville State Jacksonville, Ala.
Sept. 24 at Houston Houston, Texas
Oct. 8 MURRAY STATE GEORGIA DOME
Oct. 15 at South Carolina State Orangeburg, S.C.
Oct. 22 SOUTH ALABAMA (HOMECOMING) GEORGIA DOME
Oct. 29 at UTSA San Antonio, Texas
Nov. 5 ST. FRANCIS GEORGIA DOME
Nov. 12 at West Alabama Livingston, Ala.
Nov. 19 CAMPBELL GEORGIA DOME

hebmskebm
June 7th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Update

Sept. 2 CLARK ATLANTA GEORGIA DOME
Sept. 10 OLD DOMINION GEORGIA DOME
Sept. 17 at Jacksonville State Jacksonville, Ala.
Sept. 24 at Houston Houston, Texas
Oct. 8 MURRAY STATE GEORGIA DOME
Oct. 15 at South Carolina State Orangeburg, S.C.
Oct. 22 SOUTH ALABAMA (HOMECOMING) GEORGIA DOME
Oct. 29 at UTSA San Antonio, Texas
Nov. 5 ST. FRANCIS GEORGIA DOME
Nov. 12 at West Alabama Livingston, Ala.
Nov. 19 CAMPBELL GEORGIA DOME

BTW that's the NAIA St. Francis from Illinois

SFA 93
June 7th, 2011, 08:17 PM
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE UNIVERSITY LUMBERJACKS 2011 SCHEDULE

09/01/11 McMurry (Home) 6:00 P.M.
09/10/11 Northern Iowa (Home) 6:00 P.M.
09/17/11 Baylor (Away) 6:00 P.M.
09/24/11 Texas State (Home) 6:00 P.M.
10/01/11 Central Arkansas (Away) 6:00 P.M.
10/08/11 Sam Houston State (Houston, Texas) Relient Stadium TBA
10/22/11 Nicholls State (Away) 5:30 P.M.
10/29/11 McNeese State (Home) 3:00 P.M.
11/05/11 Lamar (Away) 6:00 P.M.
11/12/11 Southern Louisiana (Home) 6:00 P.M.
11/19/11 Northwestern State (Away) 2:00 P.M.

HOME:5 AWAY:5 NEUTRAL:1

Killer stretch UNI, @BU, TSU, @C. ARK., SAM

kdinva
June 7th, 2011, 09:31 PM
NC A&T added Virginia-Lynchburg to open 2011...A D-II first-year-playing football school.

I'll take A&T and give 74 pts.........

Lehigh Football Nation
June 7th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Great. Two new team logos I have to find now. xlolx Seriously, these will be added.

DFW HOYA
June 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
NC A&T added Virginia-Lynchburg to open 2011...A D-II first-year-playing football school. What's the count on numbnut schools only playing 10 games now?

According to the Greensboro News & Record, Lynchburg had as few as 250 students three years ago and are hoping for 800 by September. Writes the paper:

"The Dragons play as an independent and have applied for membership in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association. They are in the process of reapplying for NCAA Division II athletics status, but this year's schedule features a hodge-podge of opponents including Fork Union Academy's postgrad team, Coppin State's club team and a scrimmage against Guilford College."

http://www.news-record.com/content/2011/06/07/article/aggies_find_opponent_for_football_opener

TTUEagles
June 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Man, I am REALLY frustrated that TTU cannot get 11 games - absolutely freaking pathetic. I can understand having a team that dropped football leave you with 10 (not in TTU's case) - but other schools (GA State & A&T) can get it done, why in the hell cannot TTU? Sorry - just venting, thanks.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 8th, 2011, 03:10 PM
NCA&T is fixed:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?417-Mid-Eastern-Athletic-Conference-2011-Football-Schedule

And so is Georgia State:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?458-FCS-Independents-2011-Football-Schedule

Keeper
June 8th, 2011, 05:16 PM
"The Dragons play as an independent and have applied for membership in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association. They are in the process of reapplying for NCAA Division II athletics status, but this year's schedule features a hodge-podge of opponents including Fork Union Academy's postgrad team, Coppin State's club team and a scrimmage against Guilford College."

REALLY NOW, how am I supposed to attach a power rating to that???

DFW HOYA
June 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM
REALLY NOW, how am I supposed to attach a power rating to that???

Start with the lowest rating given to a D-III school. They're playing the "B" team at Longwood, which is in itself a club team!

Outside of A&T, Div. III Guilford is only scrimmaging them, and even that could be a blowout (Guilford was 0-10 last year).

It's a disservice to a school that doesn't yet have an active roster to go up against a scholarship school in its opening game. And here's their web site, with the reminder to prospects that...[spell check apparently not enforced by the school:]

"students attending the May 9 session will beat the deadline for the new more "stringent" grade requirements that will start in the fall!!!! Those who wait......may loose their opportunity for finacial aid!"

http://applyvul.com/all_football_players

Keeper
June 8th, 2011, 07:12 PM
NCA&T schedule-strength rating could be the downfall of my system. Would be best to just disregard the contest. xrolleyesx

Lehigh Football Nation
June 8th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Exactly what was wrong with my proposal to reschedule NCA&T and B-CU, and plug in Tennessee Tech for the 11th game? I have to believe that it was better than this solution, although NCA&T will get a guaranteed win out of the deal.

WestCoastAggie
June 8th, 2011, 09:13 PM
NCA&T schedule-strength rating could be the downfall of my system. Would be best to just disregard the contest. xrolleyesx

Now that is hilarious yet sad.

WestCoastAggie
June 8th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Exactly what was wrong with my proposal to reschedule NCA&T and B-CU, and plug in Tennessee Tech for the 11th game? I have to believe that it was better than this solution, although NCA&T will get a guaranteed win out of the deal.

The MEAC Office + Coach Broadway wanting to schedule a cup cake game + Season Tickets already sold on the premise of a game on 9/3 = Your plan was DOA

Tuscon
June 8th, 2011, 09:20 PM
By the way, our season opener is on 9/2 now.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 8th, 2011, 10:53 PM
The MEAC Office + Coach Broadway wanting to schedule a cup cake game + Season Tickets already sold on the premise of a game on 9/3 = Your plan was DOA

Makes sense, sadly. I appreciate the explanation.

TTUEagles
June 9th, 2011, 08:32 AM
It still doesn't give me an answer to why Alcorn State turned down a potential home game in October with Tennessee Tech...Why in the H*LL is a university at the D-1 level (or more than 1 school) ONLY playing 10 games..????

kdinva
June 28th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Gardner-Webb DOES find game #11: Virginia State on Nov. 3rd

http://www.gwusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=46166&SPID=4160&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=10300&Q_SEASON=2011

hebmskebm
July 1st, 2011, 10:43 AM
So in the end, barring any last minute changes, only four teams are playing 10-game schedules this year: TN Tech, Alcorn St., UTSA, and South Alabama. I think that's about the same as last year, so considering all the hectic scheduling changes that had to be made, that's really not that bad.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 1st, 2011, 11:49 AM
So in the end, barring any last minute changes, only four teams are playing 10-game schedules this year: TN Tech, Alcorn St., UTSA, and South Alabama. I think that's about the same as last year, so considering all the hectic scheduling changes that had to be made, that's really not that bad.

It could have been only 1 or 2, had some schools had some creativity or flexibility, but considering that two opponents closed up shop and created something like eight vacancies, it's not too bad, I agree.

Now we just need all the game times... ;)

TTUEagles
July 1st, 2011, 12:25 PM
It could have been only 1 or 2, had some schools had some creativity or flexibility, but considering that two opponents closed up shop and created something like eight vacancies, it's not too bad, I agree.

Now we just need all the game times... ;)

The bad part is that TTU had NO excuse to schedule only 10 games...No one on their schedule dropped out, or dropped football. TTU's AD wanted an FCS school as the other OOC game but, got "picky." UNA and Virginia Union (D-II) turned TTU down as TTU wanted a home game plus a small $$ payout to those schools. Alcorn St. turned them down, and NC A &T didn't want to make it work (or couldn't, I guess). An unnamed FCS school dropped them at the 11th hour earlier in the spring and supposedly an FCS school dropped them back in the winter. That's all the info. I know about it.
P*sses me off (the fact that "we" only have 10 games).