February 9th, 2011, 01:50 PM
2011 GEORGIA STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Thursday, Sept. 1st vs. CLARK ATLANTA
Saturday, Sept. 10th vs. OLD DOMINION
Saturday, Sept. 17th at Jacksonville State
Saturday, Sept. 24th at Houston
Saturday, Oct. 8th vs. MURRAY STATE
Saturday, Oct. 15th at South Carolina State
Saturday, Oct. 22nd vs. SOUTH ALABAMA (Homecoming)
Saturday, Oct. 29th at UTSA
Saturday, Nov. 5th vs. LAMBUTH
Saturday, Nov. 12th at West Alabama
Saturday, Nov. 19th vs. CAMPBELL

About time. I like the mix though I'm not excited about 2 div II schools. We owe Lambuth so I have no problem with that. Excited about Jax St and SC St.

SpeedkingATL
February 9th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Good second year schedule. Pretty tough from ODU thru SoAla.

glsjunior
February 9th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks. You would have thought that they would try to sprinkle West Ala, Campbell, and Lambuth in between some of that stretch. But we gotta get ready for that type of schedule in the CAA.

VBR_Productions
February 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
At a certain point I thought I had read that you entered into a home-and-home with Coast Carolina. If so, did that deal fall through? If not maybe I'm thinking of another program. I pose this question on AGS rather than PantherTalk because we may get input from CC fans.

Blueandwhitefightfight
February 9th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Lambuth.. lol xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

glsjunior
February 9th, 2011, 02:54 PM
We were in discussions with Coastal Carolina but it fell through. That's probably why we are playing West Alabama on the road which makes no sense at all.

DSUrocks07
February 9th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Saturday, Sept. 10th vs. OLD DOMINION
Saturday, Sept. 17th at Jacksonville State
Saturday, Sept. 24th at Houston
Saturday, Oct. 8th vs. MURRAY STATE
Saturday, Oct. 15th at South Carolina State
Saturday, Oct. 22nd vs. SOUTH ALABAMA (Homecoming)
Saturday, Oct. 29th at UTSA
Saturday, Nov. 19th vs. CAMPBELL

About time. I like the mix though I'm not excited about 2 div II schools. We owe Lambuth so I have no problem with that. Excited about Jax St and SC St.

I would say that the first game against CAU is for the potential attendance. Georgia State could potentially make a lot of money off of that game.

glsjunior
February 9th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I think we could surpass the 30 k we put up against Shorter. CAU avgs about 9k per game, and that doesn't also take into account the other schools in the AUC (Morehouse, Spelman) that will probably come to that game. The only downer is that Ga Tech opens on the same day against Western Carolina.

glsjunior
February 9th, 2011, 03:20 PM
At a certain point I thought I had read that you entered into a home-and-home with Coast Carolina. If so, did that deal fall through? If not maybe I'm thinking of another program. I pose this question on AGS rather than PantherTalk because we may get input from CC fans.

The AJC beat writer just blogged that we bought out Coastal Carolina when we got the game with Houston.

1andDone
February 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Lambuth.. lol xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

The actually lost Lambuth last year.
Again why pick us for homecoming? I would pick a easy win, but then again you want to go for attendance.

glsjunior
February 9th, 2011, 04:04 PM
The actually lost Lambuth last year.
Again why pick us for homecoming? I would pick a easy win, but then again you want to go for attendance.

Because we don't want to play a schedule of club football teams.

JSU02
February 9th, 2011, 04:32 PM

AW SNAP! HE WENT THERE! LOL! xpopcornx

glsjunior
February 9th, 2011, 04:44 PM
AW SNAP! HE WENT THERE! LOL! xpopcornx

Hey they beat us fair and square but no one can justify the schedule they've played the last 2 years.

Line Judge
February 9th, 2011, 04:53 PM
C'mon, how many Georgia State threads do we really need to move to Smack? Lets at least TRY to play nice, k kids?

For what it's worth, you're both start-ups and you've both got some pretty weak schools on your schedule. Do you REALLY think either one of you is in a position to smack about strength of schedule?

I mean, really.....c'mon. I don't need this today. I cracked a rib last week and you guys are gonna make me start laughing if you keep this up.

Who needs that kinda pain? ;)

1andDone
February 9th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Well at least we beat the teams we are supposed to beat. Com'mon freaking Lambuth a D2 team slaughtered them, but in retrorespective, GA St almost beat JSU.

Redbirdz
February 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM
hmmm, it will be fun welcoming you to our house at JSU.

Blueandwhitefightfight
February 9th, 2011, 09:03 PM

So you play Shorter instead? The Georgia Southern football club team would whoop Shorter (or any NAIA school) in football.

Jackman
February 10th, 2011, 12:51 AM

About time. I like the mix though I'm not excited about 2 div II schools.

I count 3 D2s including Lambuth (transitional). And one is a road game. WTF is that about?

FormerPokeCenter
February 10th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I count 3 D2s including Lambuth (transitional). And one is a road game. WTF is that about?

Well, to be fair, Lambuth was pretty impressive last year. We had a very long-running thread about the efficacy of having Lambuth move to FCS.

I, for one, think they'd be a valuable asset to this division. It's not just any NAIA school transitioning to Division II that could come in and silence the Panthers in the Georgia Dome.

I don't care who you are, that's the stuff that legends are made of....;)

The Eagle's Cliff
February 10th, 2011, 06:40 AM
It's not easy to come up with a football schedule for start-ups/independents. Not a bad schedule. When does the CAA schedule start....'12?....'13?

Tuscon
February 10th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I'm pretty happy about our second year schedule. We are going to have a rough time with another winning season. We start CAA play in 2012.

GaSouthern
February 10th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Thursday, Sept. 1st vs. CLARK ATLANTA Easy Win
Saturday, Sept. 10th vs. OLD DOMINION Loss
Saturday, Sept. 17th at Jacksonville State Loss
Saturday, Sept. 24th at Houston Blowout Loss
Saturday, Oct. 8th vs. MURRAY STATE Loss
Saturday, Oct. 15th at South Carolina State Loss
Saturday, Oct. 22nd vs. SOUTH ALABAMA (Homecoming) Not Sure
Saturday, Oct. 29th at UTSA Not Sure
Saturday, Nov. 5th vs. LAMBUTH Easy Win
Saturday, Nov. 12th at West Alabama Easy Win
Saturday, Nov. 19th vs. CAMPBELL Not Sure

6-5 Record at best, they will be lucky to win 4 games against the CAA.

Tuscon
February 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM
6-5 Record at best, they will be lucky to win 4 games against the CAA.

1) Hard to win 4 CAA games when we're only playing 1....

2) That 7 game streak between 9/10 and 10/29 is going to be a tough time for sure. I think the only one you can go ahead and pencil us in for a L is Houston though. We have one more year of experience under our belt and one of our big problems with 2010 was our inability to play 4 quarters (It seemed like we only showed up for 1 and 4). With 1 more year of experience I'm hoping to see some of that inconsistency go away and you will see good competitive games with everyone on our schedule.

3) Looking forward to seeing GS on there in the future. You guys need to drop a line to your AD in favor of it.

GSUhooligan
February 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM

I think he meant when ya'll get a full CAA schedule it will be hard to win 4 conference games.

Tuscon
February 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I think he meant when ya'll get a full CAA schedule it will be hard to win 4 conference games.

That's not immediately obvious when he quotes our 2011 schedule right there in the post. Anywho, I'd be extremely happy to go 4-4 in the CAA in our first year.

I-16Bandit
February 10th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Finally your schedule is released!

3) Looking forward to seeing GS on there in the future. You guys need to drop a line to your AD in favor of it.

Agreed.

JDC325
February 10th, 2011, 12:55 PM

2) That 7 game streak between 9/10 and 10/29 is going to be a tough time for sure. I think the only one you can go ahead and pencil us in for a L is Houston though. We have one more year of experience under our belt and one of our big problems with 2010 was our inability to play 4 quarters (It seemed like we only showed up for 1 and 4). With 1 more year of experience I'm hoping to see some of that inconsistency go away and you will see good competitive games with everyone on our schedule.

Hopefully you mean our next AD. GaState best weapon in catching GSU on the football field is our chicken little AD.

Not a bad second year schedule. If you lose to Lambuth again you will never live it down.

Tuscon
February 10th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Hopefully you mean our next AD. GaState best weapon in catching GSU on the football field is our chicken little AD.

Not a bad second year schedule. If you lose to Lambuth again you will never live it down.

It's the only reason I'm happy we're playing them again. Have to show you guys last year was a fluke.

eaglewraith
February 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
It's going to be hilarious (at least to me) if Murray State drops 50+ in the Dome. The way Hatcher had the offense going last year the potential is there. They just need to work on the defense a little bit.

glsjunior
February 10th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Didn't realize that Murray State was really the Alabama players in disguise. No one will drop 50 on us and that includes U of H.xnonox

eaglemachine
February 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Didn't realize that Murray State was really the Alabama players in disguise. No one will drop 50 on us and that includes U of H.xnonox

Missouri State and Austin Peay thought that too:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=302820093
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303172046

seantaylor
February 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM
If State has any kind of a DC, they should shut Murray State down. Hatcher runs three plays. Zone read, Bubble screen, jailbreak screen.

parr90
February 10th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I remember when Georgia Southern started a football team in 1981. We played some big time teams. Fort Benning Doe Boys, Jax fla police dept ( Magnum Force). Tough to get people to play you in those first start up years. Ga state has more money and more media and the facilites to make this easier though. We had to borrow equipement from Fla State and buy a football from K-Mart.

Tuscon
February 10th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Missouri State and Austin Peay thought that too:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=302820093
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303172046

Holy Moley those are some big numbers. Talk about shootouts!

seantaylor
February 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I remember when Georgia Southern started a football team in 1981. We played some big time teams. Fort Benning Doe Boys, Jax fla police dept ( Magnum Force). Tough to get people to play you in those first start up years. Ga state has more money and more media and the facilites to make this easier though. We had to borrow equipement from Fla State and buy a football from K-Mart.

We weren't an NCAA team then. Just a club team.