PDA

View Full Version : UND Suspends Top Running Back From Team

JBB
February 4th, 2011, 08:18 AM
UND announced Josh Murray, their top running back has been kicked off the team for undisclosed rule violations. This is on the heels of a UND hockey player suffering severe frostbite to his feet in an unexplained incident Sunday night.

Josh Murray’s return to University of North Dakota football in 2010 was a feel-good story for the Sioux.

The running back from Pepin, Wis., missed the 2009 season because of academics. But he got his grades in order and received a second chance with the Sioux.

Murray, however, was dismissed from the UND football team Thursday because of a violation of team rules, according to Sioux coach Chris Mussman.

The reason for the dismissal was not revealed.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/307365/group/Sports/

JSUBison
February 4th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I read on siouxsports that Murray fought Danny "Cold Toes" Kristo and knocked him into the snow. Must have just left him there. I guess maybe that's why Murray got booted. xconfusedx

JBB
February 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
That would explain Murray, certainly with their sports hierarchy a hockey player trumps a football player but who left "Cold Toes" in the snowbank? It was disclosed on SS.com that Cold Toes has 2 alcohol infractions in the past 12 months.

Besides that, the post was obviously a joke:

don't wanna speculate but I heard Josh and Mr. Kristo were at the same party, Josh threw Kristo head first into a snowbank and booked it for the hills. My niece's friend heard this from Bob Iwabuchi's illegitmate third cousin so don't quote me.

lionsrking2
February 4th, 2011, 04:57 PM
This is on the heels of a UND hockey player suffering severe frostbite to his feet in an unexplained incident Sunday night.

Now that's a new one for the injury report...don't see many folks going on the DL for frostbite in our neck of the woods!xrotatehxxrotatehx

darell1976
February 4th, 2011, 05:24 PM
That would explain Murray, certainly with their sports hierarchy a hockey player trumps a football player but who left "Cold Toes" in the snowbank? It was disclosed on SS.com that Cold Toes has 2 alcohol infractions in the past 12 months.

Besides that, the post was obviously a joke:

Nice to see Bison fans mock a guy who almost lost his foot due to frostbite. That's low.

JBB
February 5th, 2011, 01:51 AM
too bad about the kid that has 2 alcohol infractions in the past 12 months and now is found frozen in a snow bank. It would be interesting to know what Murray did if cold toes is home free wouldnt you say?

nms1987
February 5th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I've never been there but I feel like "Player kicked off team for giving hockey player frostbite after fight" has to be the most North Dakota sports story I could ever think of.

FargoBison
February 5th, 2011, 03:00 AM
The player wasn't kicked off the team for that. Who knows what caused that, that player has had a bit of a checkered history.

But the hockey player got frostbite because he wasn't wearing shoes when it was -10 with -30 wind chill. Why he wasn't wearing shoes, nobody seems to know...

Twentysix
February 5th, 2011, 04:01 AM
The player wasn't kicked off the team for that. Who knows what caused that, that player has had a bit of a checkered history.

But the hockey player got frostbite because he wasn't wearing shoes when it was -10 with -30 wind chill. Why he wasn't wearing shoes, nobody seems to know...

You just arent badass enough to know why.

Twentysix
February 5th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I read on siouxsports that Murray fought Danny "Cold Toes" Kristo and knocked him into the snow. Must have just left him there. I guess maybe that's why Murray got booted. xconfusedx

Is there a google translator for that?

darell1976
February 5th, 2011, 08:14 AM
too bad about the kid that has 2 alcohol infractions in the past 12 months and now is found frozen in a snow bank. It would be interesting to know what Murray did if cold toes is home free wouldnt you say?

JBB you aren't the brightest Bison in the herd are you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 5th, 2011, 11:12 AM
JBB you aren't the brightest Bison in the herd are you.

Come on darell.

He was out walking around in -20 weather with no shoes........he probably was drunk or drinking. Plus he has had 2 prior alcohol offenses in the last year. Where were his hockey buddies when he was on his arctic mission???

Every school has these problems.

I give coach Bohl much more credit with dealing with these things. Hakstol is a joke when it comes to this.

100%GRIZ
February 5th, 2011, 12:15 PM

Being from Montana seams like there is a North Dakota joke lurking to be said!

SDFS
February 5th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Come on darell.

He was out walking around in -20 weather with no shoes........he probably was drunk or drinking. Plus he has had 2 prior alcohol offenses in the last year. Where were his dumbass hockey buddies when he was on his arctic mission???

Every school has these problems.

I give coach Bohl much more credit with dealing with these things. Hakstol is a joke when it comes to this.

Only one incident for Kristo has been reported and he was suspended for a game. If he has had another please provide a link. Last year Frattin was suspended for a game with his first alcohol related offense. When he received his second offense he lost his scholarship and was kicked off the team. He has since returned to the team but only after meeting the coach’s requirements. It looks like his general policy is one time - one game and second time - loss of scholarship and off the team until you have proven yourself. By the way I would like to thank both JBB and Bison NW MN for your interest is Sioux hockey. I knew you would come around eventually - don't fight it, just embrace it!! See you at the Ralph soon!

FargoBison
February 5th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Only one incident for Kristo has been reported and he was suspended for a game. If he has had another please provide a link. Last year Frattin was suspended for a game with his first alcohol related offense. When he received his second offense he lost his scholarship and was kicked off the team. He has since returned to the team but only after meeting the coach’s requirements. It looks like his general policy is one time - one game and second time - loss of scholarship and off the team until you have proven yourself. By the way I would like to thank both JBB and Bison NW MN for your interest is Sioux hockey. I knew you would come around eventually - don't fight it, just embrace it!! See you at the Ralph soon!

I don't want to air dirty laundry but you did ask so here it is...

18-10-K-00882

Kristo, Daniel Mark

05/05/2010
-- Grand Forks County
Braaten, Karen

Misdemeanor
Closed

MINOR IN CONSUMPTION
18-10-K-01801

Kristo, Daniel Mark

09/27/2010
-- Grand Forks County
Braaten, Karen

Misdemeanor
Closed

MINOR IN POSSESSION OR CONSUMPTION

http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/Search.aspx?ID=100&NodeID=110%2c1118%2c1132&NodeDesc=Northeast+Central+District

bisonguy
February 5th, 2011, 02:54 PM

Aren't open records just grand?- http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/Search.aspx?ID=100&NodeID=110,1118,1132&NodeDesc=Northeast%20Central%20District

10-K-00882

Kristo, Daniel Mark

05/05/2010
-- Grand Forks County
Braaten, Karen

Misdemeanor
Closed

MINOR IN CONSUMPTION

18-10-K-01801

Kristo, Daniel Mark

09/27/2010
-- Grand Forks County
Braaten, Karen

Misdemeanor
Closed

MINOR IN POSSESSION OR CONSUMPTION

darell1976
February 5th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I found no links about him getting arrested on the one in May, but the one in Sept. Kristo was suspended against Manitoba. Also there are reports now that Kristo may have been wearing sandals but its all rumors. The only important thing is he is getting better and can move his frostbite toes. Funny how talk about a UND hockey player who gets rushed to a medical center in St. Paul for severe frostbite is under a thread about a UND football player getting booted off the team.

SDFS
February 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Aren't open records just grand?- http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/Search.aspx?ID=100&NodeID=110,1118,1132&NodeDesc=Northeast%20Central%20District

Yes, they are - I completed a search via google and only found one - thanks for the post FargoBison good work. I hope Mr. Kristo has a full recovery.

da_Bison
February 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Kind of Ironic huh Darell, just yesterday you posted how our QB was charged with MIP.

darell1976
February 5th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Kind of Ironic huh Darell, just yesterday you posted how our QB was charged with MIP.

In response to JBB's post of a UND football player getting booted off the team more like kinda ironic for him. His thread came before mine. I love all the Bison fans commenting on this thread. You can just feel the love.

da_Bison
February 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
My bad Darell, I didn't notice the UND running back thread yesterday and didn't bother to check dates, my apology.. Darell I know deep down you're a Bison fan after your Sue, its ok Darell, no shame cause alot of us are Sioux Hockey fans, arguably the most dominant College Hockey program there is! They put on a show last Saturday night down here in the Springs.

darell1976
February 5th, 2011, 06:12 PM
My bad Darell, I didn't notice the UND running back thread yesterday and didn't bother to check dates, my apology.. Darell I know deep down you're a Bison fan after your Sue, its ok Darell, no shame

With all the Bison fans posting on a UND football player I would think a lot of them are bleeding green and white and not green and yellow. I know a lot of Bison fans are Sioux hockey fans but Sioux football....WOW!!! We thank you for your support.

DJKyR0
February 5th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I've never been there but I feel like "Player kicked off team for giving hockey player frostbite after fight" has to be the most North Dakota sports story I could ever think of.

This life-long ND resident just laughed his *** off. Good work.

da_Bison
February 5th, 2011, 06:25 PM
With all the Bison fans posting on a UND football player I would think a lot of them are bleeding green and white and not green and yellow. I know a lot of Bison fans are Sioux hockey fans but Sioux football....WOW!!! We thank you for your support.

You guys have a Football team??? No way! When did this happen??? Im callin BS on this one

JBB
February 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM
In response to JBB's post of a UND football player getting booted off the team more like kinda ironic for him. His thread came before mine. I love all the Bison fans commenting on this thread. You can just feel the love.

A UND football player, top notched guy too if you believe "The Screwdriver", was kicked off the team. A UND football player.