Sept 3 - @ Virginia Tech
Sept 10 - vs North Carolina A&T
Sept 17 – vs Savannah State
Sept 24 – vs Chattanooga
Oct 1 – @ Wofford*
Oct 8 – BYE
Oct 15 - @ The Citadel
Oct 22 - vs Samford (Homecoming)
Oct 29 – vs Georgia Southern (Black Saturday)
Nov 5 - @ Furman
Nov 12 – vs WCU*
Nov 19 –@ Elon*

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205087144&DB_OEM_ID=21500

PaladinFan
January 31st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Nice schedule, but about as easy a home schedule as you could ask for. Nice pace though, no real lenghty periods of tough games right in a row. No back to back road games. Real trouble spots seem to be UTC/Wofford back to back, and GSU/Furman back to back.

T-Dog
January 31st, 2011, 04:41 PM
I'm convinced we're on a mission to beat the entire MEAC in a decade.

Good thing is that the farthest away game is The Citadel which is a 300-mile drive.

Saint3333
January 31st, 2011, 07:05 PM
Dislike the three home games in a row, historically we've had a home then away, etc. schedule which helps with the travel.

First time since the early 90's ASU doesn't face murderer's row with Marshall/Wofford, Furman, GSU back to back to back.

I do like that the three most "attractive" home games are the last three games on the season, should help with attendance.

appstate38
January 31st, 2011, 08:15 PM
I do like ending the regular season with the Phoenix....

Saint3333
January 31st, 2011, 08:35 PM
I'd rather end it with WCU.

soccerguy315
January 31st, 2011, 08:54 PM
please squash the hokies

HailSzczur
January 31st, 2011, 09:16 PM
VTech looking to get beat back to back years by FCS or what?

tractorapp
February 1st, 2011, 06:07 AM
I hope that this is the last "FCS-playoff friendly" schedule we ever have. In '11 with Montana on the schedule, we will hopefully have a yet to be announce FBS team and then one other OOC easy FCS teams at home for a one and done deal. I think it's asking a lot of our fanbase to have them fork over hard earned money to watch NC A & T and Savannah State in back to back weeks. Also, we have three home games in a row and then go almost a whole month without a home game. Terrible! Those were two of the weekest teams in all of FCS last year. I guess they figure our folks will come out to watch anybody those first weeks of the season. Hopefully, at least one of those games will be at night which will create a buzz.

whoanellie
February 1st, 2011, 08:42 AM
I am sure glad WE do not have you all coming down the hill after a bye. We must be playing @ the 'Whee earlier in the fall which is a sweet place to visit. [ QUOTE=Saint3333;1609782]I'd rather end it with WCU.[/QUOTE]

mikebigg
February 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM
I really would like to see Grambling play App State...

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
February 1st, 2011, 11:25 AM
My early take on the schedule:

Sept 3 - @ Virginia Tech - Lean Virginia Tech
Sept 10 - vs North Carolina A&T - Solid ASU
Sept 17 – vs Savannah State - Solid ASU
Sept 24 – vs Chattanooga - Lean ASU (epic matchup)
Oct 1 – @ Wofford* - Lean ASU (epic matchup)
Oct 8 – BYE
Oct 15 - @ The Citadel - Solid ASU
Oct 22 - vs Samford (Homecoming) - Solid ASU
Oct 29 – vs Georgia Southern (Black Saturday) - Lean ASU (epic matchup)
Nov 5 - @ Furman - Solid ASU
Nov 12 – vs WCU* - Solid ASU
Nov 19 –@ Elon* - Solid ASU

Best case scenario: ASU goes undefeated, deep playoff run and possible national title.
Worst case scenario: ASU loses to VT, Georgia Southern, Wofford and Chattanooga
Most likely: ASU loses to VT and possibly one SoCon game (either GSU, Wofford or Chattanooga) but win conference title.

It's possible ASU could go undefeated, but I don't see that happening. But then again, Virginia Tech didn't themselves losing to JMU and we all know how that turned out.

StorminASU
February 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
The only reason I wouldn't consider GSU/Furman to be a trouble spot is this schedule is the first time since I can remember we don't have GSU/Furman AND Wofford back to back to back, so two of those back to back should actually be easier...hopefully. Of course ElonforRealz sees our last game as our toughest so who knows.

GaSouthern
February 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
All games are winnable, not much else you can ask for.

SpeedkingATL
February 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Not the best schedule with A&T and SavST back to back but VA Tech makes up for one of those. Just wish we had a top 25 type program for the second OOC this year.

WestCoastAggie
February 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM
Did Va. Tech and App. State play back in the day?

SpeedkingATL
February 1st, 2011, 07:19 PM
VA Tech has beaten ASU all three times thay have met, the last a 34-0 beating in 1983.

darell1976
February 2nd, 2011, 06:42 AM
Any chance of App State playing teams out here?? We would sell out our dome if App State came to town for sure.

AppTrex77
February 2nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
We are playing McNeese and Montana over the next several years(home and away series)...... don't see why we couldn't line up something with you guys. It would be a good one. Have your AD get in touch with ours. xnodx