PDA

View Full Version : Fmr Dusquene OC Brings Fmr Player to af2 Team

TexasTerror
February 24th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Got to love when an I-AA coach is in the pros and brings one of his former players, an I-AA player with them. Best of luck to Yardon Brantley in af2...

Wilkes-Barre, PA - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers are excited to announce the arenafootball2 league has assigned Yardon Brantley, former Duquesne University player to the 2006 training camp roster.

Yardon Brantley was a part of four Duquesne University MAAC Football League championship teams. He helped lead the Dukes to the 2003 Sports Network I-AA Mid-Major National Championship. Brantley, 6'0 195 pounds OS, was a four-year starter at Duquesne. Brantley was named MAAC Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2000. In his sophomore and junior year, Yardon earned Second Team All-MAAC honors and First Team All-MAAC honors as a senior.

The Reading, PA native finished his career ranked second all-time in career yardage with 2,550. He also finished third in receptions with 152 and tied for fourth with 22 TD catches.

"I had the privilege of coaching Yardon when I was the Offensive Coordinator at Duquesne University in 2000. He is a very special player," said Head Coach Rich Ingold. "He had an outstanding college career and his future in professional football is very bright. The sky is the limit for this guy."

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3273313