PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Gardner-Webb Coach Ron Dickerson, Jr.

elcid83
January 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Today is a big day in the continuing history of Gardner-Webb's football program. Coach Ron Dickerson was introduced by Dr. Bonner as the next head coach for Gardner-Webb.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs762.ash1/165310_1632200238886_1053041569_31433391_7397578_n .jpg

After being introduced, Coach Dickerson addressed the standing room only crowd and talked about his family and football history. Although he is only 39 years old, he is a very mature individual and he has a very clear purpose in mind for the Gardner-Webb football team. His last three years were spent coaching WRs at Ole Miss under Coach Houston Nutt. He has been involved in football all of his life and has coached at all levels of football. He did not yet know what kind of offensive scheme he would be running, but answered the reporter's question by saying he first had to evaluate the on-hand talent and he would then run a scheme to suit the available talent.

He would be meeting with the coaching staff today and then later with the team at 4:00. No news yet on what the coaching staff will look like although I believe there is a feeling that several of the existing staff will be retained. We have several recruits scheduled to be on campus this coming weekend for the first weekend of official visits.

I was impressed by the fact that Coach Dickerson easily discussed his plans and vision for the GW football program. It was apparent that he was speaking from the heart and had not memorized a speech. He will be a very vocal leader for our team and I suspect that our team is going to react very favorably to Coach Dickerson. I will look forward to the news that should be coming out of Boiling Springs soon - ie. coaching hires, recruiting news, 2011 football schedule, new uniforms, and lots of other good stuff. It's a great day to be a Runnin' Bulldog!

Thank you for accepting this challenge Coach Dickerson.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs276.snc6/180443_1632202318938_1053041569_31433395_4582905_n .jpg

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!