PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Champs to the White House?

thirdgendin
February 23rd, 2006, 09:17 PM
Some App fans have been wondering which (if any) I-AA champions had been invited to the White House. If you know yes or no for your school, please respond.

1988 - Furman, YES

App_State_Guy
February 23rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
Go ASU hasn'tsaid anything yet, and their GLEANNER is pretty good. I would check www.goasu.com periodically for updates. I hope someone gets invited, it would be well deserved.

HiHiYikas
February 24th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Some App fans have been wondering which (if any) I-AA champions had been invited to the White House. If you know yes or no for your school, please respond.

1988 - Furman, YES
Furman is a poly-sci school, right? Isn't the current SC governor a Furman grad? If Furman's white-house trip is out-of-the-ordinary for I-AA champs, I wonder if it happened because you guys tend to have plenty of alum's that are in politics?

It's good to have connections, right?

TheValleyRaider
February 24th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I believe you have to be invited by a Congressman to visit the White House like that. In that case, if Furman has grads in Congress, they've got a good shot of going should they win the Title. Without ASU grads in Congress, the Mountaineers best hope would be to get the representative who's district contains ASU to invite them, but I though I remember people saying back in December that he/she didn't have a great relationship with the school.