PDA

View Full Version : Former PFL Player Hits It Big!

DetroitFlyer
January 25th, 2011, 07:30 AM
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/01/23/reports-cundiff-agrees-to-5-year-deal/

Great story about a guy who never game up his dream! Billy is the first former PFL player to earn NFL All-Pro honors and now he gets to enjoy all of the hard work over the years!

heath
January 25th, 2011, 07:38 PM
kicker?Nicexlolx.Maybe a long snapper in the next 5-6 years

Big Al
January 26th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Not to be a forum nazi but doesn't this belong on the Pro Board?

Having said that, good for him. However, I wonder how much of that money is guaranteed. The first axiom of college football is you don't give the kicker a scholarship and the first axiom of pro football is you don't sign your kicker to a big-money contract.

401ks
January 26th, 2011, 11:47 AM
The first axiom of college football is you don't give the kicker a scholarship and the first axiom of pro football is you don't sign your kicker to a big-money contract.

Those axioms have been biting college and pro coaches in the *** over the years. I believe that they are finally learning their lessons.

CFBfan
January 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Those axioms have been biting college and pro coaches in the *** over the years. I believe that they are finally learning their lessons.
I think that Bobby Bowden would agree with you

Franks Tanks
January 26th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I think that Bobby Bowden would agree with you

I read an article about USC today on CNNSI, and despite limited schoalrships due to probation Kiffin signed a kicker, punter, and long snapper to scholarships in this year's class. Interesting strategy.

CFBfan
January 26th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I read an article about USC today on CNNSI, and despite limited schoalrships due to probation Kiffin signed a kicker, punter, and long snapper to scholarships in this year's class. Interesting strategy.

IMO field position and giving your D long fields to defend is so important and we see all the time how 3 points or less can decide a game, especialy the big ones

superman7515
January 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM

That's because he's delaying his limited scholarships with appeals and will sign a full class this year. Depending on the appeals he will lose 5 or 10 scholarships a year 2012-2013-2014 because of this delay.

Franks Tanks
January 26th, 2011, 09:47 PM
That doesnt make his scholarships less precious. He still devoted limited resources to players many coaches expect to walk on.

cmaxwellgsu
January 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Good for him. It's easy to knock on kickers, but keep in mind they score points and win games. Punters, on the other hand, don't deserve names on the back of their uniforms......;)

glsjunior
January 27th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Good for him. It's easy to knock on kickers, but keep in mind they score points and win games. Punters, on the other hand, don't deserve names on the back of their uniforms......;)

Unless your name is Drew Butler. That dude can kick his azz off!