PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross' Tom Gilmore gets Contract Extension

Lehigh Football Nation
January 21st, 2011, 09:34 AM
http://www.telegram.com/article/20110121/NEWS/101210574/1009/sports

Holy Cross announced last night that it has agreed to a three-year contract extension with football coach Tom Gilmore. The new deal will keep Gilmore as head of the HC team through the 2015 season.

“I am very excited about the progress we have made in returning Holy Cross to the top of the Patriot League,” said Gilmore, who will enter his eighth season with the Crusaders, “but there is always more work to be done. I am very appreciative of the commitment and support that Holy Cross has shown me, and I look forward to many more successful seasons of Crusader football.”

Gilmore, 46, has guided the Crusaders to six straight winning seasons, including a 6-5 mark in 2010, and is 45-33 at HC. The 2009 team won the Patriot League title and advanced to the NCAA playoffs. Gilmore is a two-time PL Coach of the Year.

“There are a number of things you need in place to have a successful football program,” Holy Cross director of athletics Dick Regan said, “but nothing is more important than the head coach. I think that Tom is one of the best coaches in America, and we are very happy to have him at Holy Cross.”

xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
January 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM
What is the contract status of the other PL coaches?

Franks Tanks
January 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM
What is the contract status of the other PL coaches?

Frank was locked up for 10 years about 5 years ago. I believe he will be a shade over 60 when his current contrcat ends, and that may be it for him unless we get scholarships.