PDA

View Full Version : I really hate to bring this up...

eaglewraith
January 20th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I really do, cause it's pretty ridiculous...but I have to ask out of pure curiosity.

Did EWU get any warnings for rushing the field for either the NC game or the semifinal?

It's stupid that GSU got a warning in the first place, but if the NCAA is going to make a point to warn us for rushing the field before the cool off period is over, then it's only fair to enforce the rule evenly. I'd like to see how they'd justify saying Georgia Southern is the only one not allowed to do it.

The Eagle's Cliff
January 21st, 2011, 12:03 AM
The difference is we rushed the field at Gibbs Stadium and Wofford complained. The warning was in response to the complaint. I don't blame Wofford. I'd be pretty upset if visitors filled up the entire visiting section and 1/3 of the the home side of Paulson, beat us with a bunch of freshman and sophomores and a first year coach, then rushed the field to celebrate with the team.

GSU has a reputation for having obnoxious and unruly fans, and deservedly so, because it's true. Though I have to admit even our fans wouldn't scream and cuss at visitors who just lost while they were trying to sing their Alma Mater. Nor could I see any of our fans attacking cheerleaders, but some of those Yankees in Delaware must take lessons from the nearby Philadelphia fans, because they were just ridiculous.

Sure was nice to see their faces at the end of regulation in Frisco, though xbawlingx xlolx

Reign of Terrier
January 21st, 2011, 05:42 AM
The difference is we rushed the field at Gibbs Stadium and Wofford complained. The warning was in response to the complaint. I don't blame Wofford. I'd be pretty upset if visitors filled up the entire visiting section and 1/3 of the the home side of Paulson, beat us with a bunch of freshman and sophomores and a first year coach, then rushed the field to celebrate with the team.

GSU has a reputation for having obnoxious and unruly fans, and deservedly so, because it's true. Though I have to admit even our fans wouldn't scream and cuss at visitors who just lost while they were trying to sing their Alma Mater. Nor could I see any of our fans attacking cheerleaders, but some of those Yankees in Delaware must take lessons from the nearby Philadelphia fans, because they were just ridiculous.

Sure was nice to see their faces at the end of regulation in Frisco, though xbawlingx xlolx
ok, you guys probably filled 1/5 or 1/4 of our side not 1/3 :)

PaladinFan
January 21st, 2011, 08:19 AM

For whatever reason, GSU fans always complain about other fanbases. What they don't realize is that their fans are such poor guests (and hosts), that it makes their opponent's blood boil.

The best analogy I can make is when a football player smacks another one after the play, and the other guy pushes the first, and the first throws his hands up and goes to cry foul to the official.

Redhawk2010
January 21st, 2011, 08:58 AM
SEMO "rushes the field" after every game regardless. ;) Our fans take over the field after a game. The kids go out and run around throwing a football, etc. The fans all stand around and players come out of the lockerroom.

EdubAlum
January 21st, 2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=399

Baldy
January 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
For whatever reason, GSU fans always complain about other fanbases. What they don't realize is that their fans are such poor guests (and hosts), that it makes their opponent's blood boil.

The best analogy I can make is when a football player smacks another one after the play, and the other guy pushes the first, and the first throws his hands up and goes to cry foul to the official.
Excuse me, but there's a little bit of a difference between being an a-hole fan and a "fan" attacking a cheerleader. Besides, I've seen some pretty inexcusable behavior from Furman fans over the years, too, so be careful throwing rocks from your glass house. xrotatehx

PaladinFan
January 21st, 2011, 12:50 PM
Excuse me, but there's a little bit of a difference between being an a-hole fan and a "fan" attacking a cheerleader. Besides, I've seen some pretty inexcusable behavior from Furman fans over the years, too, so be careful throwing rocks from your glass house. xrotatehx

Not criticizing the fanbase. I think most Eagle fans are pretty happy with how they are percieved by others. If someone attacked a cheerleader, obviously there is no condoning that. Every fanbase has idiots. My point is to say that it is very common to hear Joe Eaglefan point the finger at someone's actions after they have done nothing but provoke them the entire afternoon.

Let's put it this way. Every other team in the country seems to have an easy enough time going to the game, watching the game, and going home without some inexcusable conduct occuring. It just seems to always involve Georgia Southern. In all honesty, the only abhorrent conduct that I can recall that does not involve Georgia Southern was Citadel's run-in with the Princeton Band.

Not saying that it makes GSU a bunch of clowns. I think your fanbase loves to come in and intimidate opposing players and fans. Just don't act shocked when it ticks off folks. Especially in their home park.

Side Judge
January 21st, 2011, 12:55 PM
So just to be clear, GSU fans were happy at Wofford, even though the Wofford fans weren't happy, but the GSU fans weren't happy at Delaware, even though the Delaware fans were happy.

Baldy
January 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Not criticizing the fanbase. I think most Eagle fans are pretty happy with how they are percieved by others. If someone attacked a cheerleader, obviously there is no condoning that. Every fanbase has idiots. My point is to say that it is very common to hear Joe Eaglefan point the finger at someone's actions after they have done nothing but provoke them the entire afternoon.
Well, I'm not sure how a cheerleader is going to provoke an opposing fan in their own stadium, but I digress.

Let's put it this way. Every other team in the country seems to have an easy enough time going to the game, watching the game, and going home without some inexcusable conduct occuring. It just seems to always involve Georgia Southern. In all honesty, the only abhorrent conduct that I can recall that does not involve Georgia Southern was Citadel's run-in with the Princeton Band.
You need to get out more, PalFan. Incidents like that are more common than you think. The Knobs fighting with the VMI cheerleaders, App fans running their goalposts throuh the GSU bus, Furman fans almost instigating a fight with the GSU football team after the Paladins playoff victory in 2001. All inexcusable, and not all involving the GSU fan base.

Not saying that it makes GSU a bunch of clowns. I think your fanbase loves to come in and intimidate opposing players and fans. Just don't act shocked when it ticks off folks. Especially in their home park.
Of course it ticks folks off, that's why they complain to the NCAA and whine about it on football messageboards. There's nothing shocking about it. What's less shocking is having a Furman fan be the first to chime in saying GSU fan's don't have a right to comment. xlolx

PaladinFan
January 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Well, I'm not sure how a cheerleader is going to provoke an opposing fan in their own stadium, but I digress.

You need to get out more, PalFan. Incidents like that are more common than you think. The Knobs fighting with the VMI cheerleaders, App fans running their goalposts throuh the GSU bus, Furman fans almost instigating a fight with the GSU football team after the Paladins playoff victory in 2001. All inexcusable, and not all involving the GSU fan base.

Of course it ticks folks off, that's why they complain to the NCAA and whine about it on football messageboards. There's nothing shocking about it. What's less shocking is having a Furman fan be the first to chime in saying GSU fan's don't have a right to comment. xlolx

Comment all you'd like. All I am saying is that this type of occurrence follows the Eagle football program around. I'm not debating there aren't other such occurrences around the country. In fact, I admit to such. It just seems every season there is some altercation involving either A) the GSU team and opposing fans, or B) the GSU fans and the opposing team.

Not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere. It just happens to that particular program and fanbase a lot.

LouiseBFree
January 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM
Yawn!!!!

OL FU
January 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM
On the other hand I love it when a post starts, I really hate to bring this up butxlolx

Of course I have used it a few times myself:o:p

eaglewraith
January 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM
On the other hand I love it when a post starts, I really hate to bring this up butxlolx

Of course I have used it a few times myself:o:p

Well I was curious, and also worried that I would get flamed for bringing it up. But I was honestly curious.

eaglewraith
January 21st, 2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=399

That sucks if you are indeed getting a fine. I was just expecting a warning to equal what was said to us :(

Haters just don't like Eagles I guess.

OL FU
January 21st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Well I was curious, and also worried that I would get flamed for bringing it up. But I was honestly curious.

I usually don't have that excuse