PDA

View Full Version : FCS Stock Report

smallcollegefbfan
January 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Based on what my sources at the Shrine and my own film evaluations here are the players whose stock is changing over the last couple weeks:

RISING

OT/OG Will Rackley, Lehigh- He is showing what most figured that he is not a tackle at the next level but could be a very good guard. He bends well and is strong. Should be a solid 4th-5th round pick.

CB Justin Rogers, Richmond- He is really impressing people at the Shrine and looks more like a 5th round pick than a 7th round or PFA like many have him.

CB Korey Lindsey, Southern Illinois- Lindsey has looked pretty good out at the Shrine and should solidify himself in the 4th-5th round. A lot of folks abandoned his ranking when he didn't get an early combine invite but I won't. He is a legit mid round guy who will surprise some folks.

TE Julius Thomas, Portland State- He is raw but has so much potential and could be a shocking 4th-5th round pick and if he falls past that he will be a huge steal. His size, hands, speed, and athletic ability make him an ideal developmental project. Once he really learns the game and improves as a blocker the former basketball star could be a starter in the NFL.

FALLING

QB Pat Devlin, Delaware- Has struggled with making the throws needed in the NFL. Not impressing the folks I talked to. They like some things about him but his inconsistency at the Shrine practices and inability to win the NC game after being ahead has him more in the mid 5th to late 6th round range than the 3rd-4th like most media outlets have him.

DE Christian Anthony, Grambling State- I hate this for him. He went from a 4th-6th round prospect to someone who now likely won't even get into a camp. Teams know he had a heart attack and are concerned about the higher risk he could have another, the insurance settlement they would face if he had one while in camp, and the fact even if okay he would likely have a shorter career. No matter what he does in the postseason it would be surprising to see him even get a tryout based on what teams are telling me.

TOUGH TO GAUGE

CB Cortez Allen, The Citadel- He has flashed some athletic ability but struggles in coverage at the Shrine practices. He is smooth and fluid just like on his college tape but struggled in one on one drills and even had some reps where he would have been called for holding in games. There are things about him that make me say he is a tryout player at best and then traits that make him look like a 3rd round pick. He likely is looking at the average of the two as a 6th-PFA prospect.