PDA

View Full Version : UND has their QB problem solved...I hope!!

darell1976
January 19th, 2011, 02:14 PM
http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

The Sioux have signed Junior College QB Joey Bradley of Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill, CA. The Diablo Valley College Football website confirms it. Bradley is a 4 for 3 player, meaning he can redshirt and still have 3 years left to play. However, we do not anticipate him redshirting. Bradley is enrolled at UND for the spring semester and should be eligible for spring practices. He originally hails from Issaquah, WA where he attended Issaquah High School.

He also led the entire California Community College Association in passing yards (3,636) and passing TD’s (33). He had 26 INT’s to go with that, which will need to be taken care of. Bradley played in the pistol offense at DVC meaning he will be familiar with the scheme from day one. They liked to throw the ball with Bradley (458 attempts) so he should bring decent experience with him. He seems to have very good pocket presence, can throw on the run and consistently shows a very nice deep ball.

Something that was not there in 2010 for the Sioux. This could be a good turnaround year for UND in 2011 and a great inaugural year in the Big Sky for 2012.xhurrayx

THE HERD
January 19th, 2011, 03:55 PM
26 int's in juco.......that would make me a little nervous, but ya never know.

Professor Chaos
January 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to annoint a JUCO QB a savior. NDSU brought in a similar JUCO QB from California 2 years ago in Dante Perez who threw for 5000 yards and 50 TDs in his 2 year stint at junior college. He saw the field for 1 game last year and redshirted in '09 when our QBs were awful.

Then again Terrell Rennie (?sp) was 2nd team all-MVFC for UNI his first year out of junior college. I think it's really hit or miss with JUCO QBs, I'd rather see my team develop kids out of high school than try to catch JUCO lightning in a bottle but we'll see how it works out.

darell1976
January 19th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I like the fact he threw 458 passes he knows how to throw the ball unlike Landry who just plain sucked. Landry couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. So I hope this guy is the answer if not they find the answer man fast and within a year 2012 is coming!!

DJKyR0
January 20th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Didn't Landry look great in high school? How'd that turn out? Take a page from the schools who have been there - stay level on JUCO QBs. This should be an interesting thread in a year's time.

JBB
January 20th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Good get.

darell1976
January 20th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Didn't Landry look great in high school? How'd that turn out? Take a page from the schools who have been there - stay level on JUCO QBs. This should be an interesting thread in a year's time.

He wasn't too bad at Central...he was no Brooks Bollinger. Landry was extremely inaccurate and not very mobile. Maybe this new offense made him worse than he was. Hard to say.

bincitysioux
January 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I wasn't a huge Landry lover...............but things really went to hell after he went down. He was by far the best QB on the team last season.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up about the new JUCO QB......................I can't remember the last time a Juco player at any position made a significant impact for UND.

Hopefully he is better than the alternatives that we saw from Landry's two replacements.

darell1976
January 20th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I wasn't a huge Landry lover...............but things really went to hell after he went down. He was by far the best QB on the team last season.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up about the new JUCO QB......................I can't remember the last time a Juco player at any position made a significant impact for UND.

Hopefully he is better than the alternatives that we saw from Landry's two replacements.

At least they are looking at the JUCO route for players too. I think Mussman knows that if we don't have a QB ready by 2012 we are going to get slaughtered in the Big Sky.