PDA

View Full Version : Elon opens their New Field House & Football Training Facility

whoanellie
January 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM
link to the move-in weekend 1-14-11

xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

xsmileyclapx http://www.elon.edu/e-web/news/photo_galleries/alumni_field_house_movein.xhtml

phoenix3
January 14th, 2011, 04:56 PM
OUTSTANDING!

whoanellie
January 14th, 2011, 05:40 PM
this looks like the facilities that should attract the best recruits as it is a student/athletic facility and frames the North end of Rhodes Stadium. It is a much better use of land than the hammerthrow pit/screen. unless your a hammerthrower.
OUTSTANDING!

CFBfan
January 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
very nice, job well done. it kind of reminds me of Lafayette's (any Pard fans agree?)
what is your stadiums capacity?

gophoenix
January 14th, 2011, 08:20 PM
very nice, job well done. it kind of reminds me of Lafayette's (any Pard fans agree?)

Ask AppMan. He went over there to count the seats (even though seating and capacity are two separate issues) and any answer here is only going to cause another Elon vs App thread nightmare.

CFBfan
January 14th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Ask AppMan. He went over there to count the seats (even though seating and capacity are two separate issues) and any answer here is only going to cause another Elon vs App thread nightmare.
thanks, i can't tell you how helpful you were here

DFW HOYA
January 14th, 2011, 10:11 PM

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/visit/map/rhodesstadium.xhtml

Accelerati Incredibilus
January 14th, 2011, 10:41 PM

Nice building. Having been to Rhodes Stadium several times there is no way it "seats" 11,000, so I am assuming that number is total capacity including the banks, so what is actual seating capacity?

whoanellie
January 14th, 2011, 11:27 PM
We had nearly 14k in '09 for the App Game
Nice building. Having been to Rhodes Stadium several times there is no way it "seats" 11,000, so I am assuming that number is total capacity including the banks, so what is actual seating capacity?

Accelerati Incredibilus
January 15th, 2011, 09:28 AM
We had nearly 14k in '09 for the App Game

I understand that, but what is the actual seating capacity, not total capacity. ASU's actual seating capacity is 21,500 yet they have put more than 31,000 in the place

CFBfan
January 15th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I understand that, but what is the actual seating capacity, not total capacity. ASU's actual seating capacity is 21,500 yet they have put more than 31,000 in the place

from DFW's link:

Rhodes Stadium

Opened: 2001

Named for: Trustee Warren “Dusty” and Peggy Rhodes and their family

Rhodes Stadium is the home of Phoenix football. The stadium seats 11,250 spectators.

phoenix3
January 15th, 2011, 04:25 PM

8,450 in the stands 11,250 total but the record was against App in 2009 which was 14,167. I'm not sure how they come up with these numbers but since 2008 the tickets are scanned so the attendance numbers are actual.

AppMan
January 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
8,450 in the stands 11,250 total but the record was against App in 2009 which was 14,167. I'm not sure how they come up with these numbers but since 2008 the tickets are scanned so the attendance numbers are actual.

Thanks for being honest about the seating capacity of Rhodes Stadium. It seems as though some of your fellow Phoenix mates are incapable of doing so. One reason for the seemingly exaggerated numbers probably has to do with the students. At ASU those kids cram a lot more bodies into the student section than the “official” count of 4250 seats.

gophoenix
January 15th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks for being honest about the seating capacity of Rhodes Stadium. It seems as though some of your fellow Phoenix mates are incapable of doing so. One reason for the seemingly exaggerated numbers probably has to do with the students. At ASU those kids cram a lot more bodies into the student section than the “official” count of 4250 seats.

I see Mr. Seat Counter Himself couldn't go without posting in the thread. And I didn't lie about the seating of Rhodes Mr. Exaggeration; I simply told you what I did here. You were the one that went out there, counted them yourself and gloated about it as some victory, even when you counted wrong for yourself and your number matches nether the official number nor the number that Phoenix3 posted.

No one cares nor asked about App's seating. Another prime example of an Elon thread always having to have someone from App talk about App in it. The actual seating for purchasable tickets is 8,250.

phoenixphanatic21
January 16th, 2011, 07:21 AM
A good year for Swepson to take over. Man that looks beautiful. Can't wait to see Elon take the field for the first time with that in the background.

Saint3333
January 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I see Mr. Seat Counter Himself couldn't go without posting in the thread. And I didn't lie about the seating of Rhodes Mr. Exaggeration; I simply told you what I did here. You were the one that went out there, counted them yourself and gloated about it as some victory, even when you counted wrong for yourself and your number matches nether the official number nor the number that Phoenix3 posted.

No one cares nor asked about App's seating. Another prime example of an Elon thread always having to have someone from App talk about App in it. The actual seating for purchasable tickets is 8,250.

You do realize you baited Appman, and the first mention of ASU was brought up by you...

Building looks good, the color looks weird on the lockers, probably just the photo.

AppMan
January 16th, 2011, 09:02 AM

Ease up cowboy, I was simply using an example to help explain how 14,000+ could have attended that game. It is good to see you have reached the point in life where you are able to admit what the actual seating capacity of Rhodes is, but it is obvious you've got some work to do with those anger issues concerning ASU. My question is why does Elon insist on listing capacity based on an estimated number of people who can sit on the banks? Nobody else does that. Suppose Wofford should begin listing Gibbs Stadium at 15,000. Rhodes is a very nice facility and I'm sure the field house adds to it. Since you have come around to admitting the actual seating number, I have no issues with you. Peace!

Wildcat80
January 16th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Wow...very nice....the arms race is alive & well in the SoCon! Appy setting the pace still....

DFW HOYA
January 16th, 2011, 09:20 AM
How many schools have these facilities?

AppMan
January 16th, 2011, 09:49 AM
You do realize you baited Appman, and the first mention of ASU was brought up by you...

Building looks good, the color looks weird on the lockers, probably just the photo.

That's OK Saint, time to bury the hatchet and move on. Life is too short for holding on to such trivial issues. I'm just happy gophoenix has reached the point where he can accept the truth. In all fairness, I did use the example of students packing more bodies than the official number of seats says into student section at ASU as a possible reason to how 14,000 people could have been counted for that game. The funny thing is I actually liked Elon back in the Red Wilson and Jerry Tolley days. Heck, I even made it to their national championship games back 1980 & 81. One thing I will never understand is how a church affiliated school could cower to political correctness and dump the Fighting Christians name. Guess that what happens when you admit so many Yankees.

elonforrealz
January 16th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I really don't see the point in talking about our seating capacity. We don't fill it anyway, so why does it matter?

gophoenix
January 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I really don't see the point in talking about our seating capacity. We don't fill it anyway, so why does it matter?

You've got some real issues. We've averaged more than the seating capacity since 2007. Are you sure you are affiliated with the Elon program???

gophoenix
January 16th, 2011, 05:22 PM

If you want to be specific Saint, I baited AppMan, but I did not talk about App.

HailSzczur
January 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM
wow, those facilities are unbelievable, rival to that of many FBS schools. Nova just re-did their basketball training facility in a similar way and theres rumors of a similar facility for football, which would be needed to make a possible upgrade

whoanellie
January 16th, 2011, 06:16 PM
these facilities are the football only as the whole athletic program shares some awefully nice training places but the old football field house will give baseball and soccer/track folks a lot more elbow room...it is an arms race and thanks to a philanthropic Phan Base.
wow, those facilities are unbelievable, rival to that of many FBS schools. Nova just re-did their basketball training facility in a similar way and theres rumors of a similar facility for football, which would be needed to make a possible upgrade

whoanellie
January 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
He has a point Elon does have some stretches where students and locals jut did not come out but it is better than 6 years ago... for a 5k student body a lot of attendance has to be based on visitors and who travels well.
You've got some real issues. We've averaged more than the seating capacity since 2007. Are you sure you are affiliated with the Elon program???

elonforrealz
January 16th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I'm not even really talking about the amount of people that enter the game. How many fans even stay for the second half??? The majority don't and it's really sad.

glsjunior
January 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM
these facilities are the football only as the whole athletic program shares some awefully nice training places but the old football field house will give baseball and soccer/track folks a lot more elbow room...it is an arms race and thanks to a philanthropic Phan Base.

Nice facility. Can't wait til they finish GSU's. I hoping it is just as nice.

ElonPride
January 17th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Great place!

.....and we have Pete Lembo to thank for getting this project off the ground!

elonforrealz
January 17th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Great place!

.....and we have Pete Lembo to thank for getting this project off the ground!

oh good lord

gophoenix
January 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I'm not even really talking about the amount of people that enter the game. How many fans even stay for the second half??? The majority don't and it's really sad.

Then what are you talking about. You said we never even fill it. Now you are saying you are but they leave early. It's like you've never even been to games before. You do realize the majority of who comes to games are either locals, families or alumni. The students are by far not the majority and of the students only the Greeks leave early unless we are getting spanked. I mean, seriously, it is like you have never been to a game before.

gophoenix
January 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM
oh good lord

Lemob did most of the leg work and fund raising for it. Kind of like what Kennedy did for the baseball upgrades.

ElonPride
January 17th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Lemob did most of the leg work and fund raising for it. Kind of like what Kennedy did for the baseball upgrades.

Again, this person probably isn't affiliated with Elon......just another one of those imposters we saw a while back.

ngineer
January 17th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Very nice job. Makes the stadium look ....'elon'gated (;-)

AshevilleApp2
January 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Nice improvements Elon!

dakotadan
January 18th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Looks like a very nice facility!

AppTrex77
January 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM
The new facilities look sharp! Congratulations!!!