PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Schedule Update - 2013 + Beyond

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Charlotte just announced a home-and-home with NC Central...

2013 at Charlotte
2014 at NC Central

The rest...

During the inaugural 2013 season, Charlotte will play its first football game at home, Aug. 31, 2013 vs. Campbell and also host Gardner Webb Oct. 5. The 49ers also have road games slated at Old Dominion, Sept. 21, Charleston Southern, Oct. 26, Coastal Carolina, Nov. 2 and Morehead State, Nov. 23. In 2014, the sites switch as the 49ers head to Campbell, Sept. 20 and Gardner Webb, Oct. 4, while Old Dominion (Sept. 6), Charleston Southern (Sept. 27), Coastal Carolina (Nov. 8) and Morehead State (Nov. 22) come to Charlotte.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=590213&SPID=72735&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=205036840

49RFootballNow
January 13th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Actually that was about 2 months ago. We still have 5 spots open (12 total games) thanks to the scheduling quirk in 13 and 14.

2013 SCHEDULE:

Aug. 31, 2013 - CAMPBELL (H)

Sept. 14, 2013 - NC CENTRAL (H)

Sept. 21, 2013 - at Old Dominon (A)

Oct. 5, 2013 - GARDNER WEBB (H)

Oct. 26, 2013 - at Charleston Southern (A)

Nov. 2, 2013 - at Coastal Carolina (A)

Nov. 23, 2013 - at Morehead State (A)

2014 SCHEDULE:

Sept. 6, 2014 - OLD DOMINION (H)

Sept. 13, 2013 - at NC Central (A)

Sept. 20, 2014 - at Campbell (A)

Sept. 27, 2014 - CHARLESTON SOUTHERN (H)

Oct. 4, 2014 - at Gardner Webb (A)

Nov. 8, 2014 - COASTAL CAROLINA (H)

Nov. 22, 2014 - MOREHEAD STATE (H)

Seawolf97
January 13th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Hopefully we will see you guys on our schedule one of the days. Would be good home and away for both teams. GOOD LUCK !

49RFootballNow
January 14th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Stadium and Football Center renderings. We break group in late April on construction:

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=12976

Sly Fox
January 14th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Hopefully the 49ers & Flames wind up in the same league somewhere down the line. Because it is doesn't look like you guys are choosing deals with G-W & NCCU over us.

49RFootballNow
January 24th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Not sure how much credance to give this but rumor is out there that we will be annoucing our Head Coach Friday and that Chuck Amato made a second visit to campus recently. Stay tuned.

TexasTerror
January 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Not sure how much credance to give this but rumor is out there that we will be annoucing our Head Coach Friday and that Chuck Amato made a second visit to campus recently. Stay tuned.

Announcing a coach is another step in the right direction! Not much longer 49ers... ;)

moss2k
January 25th, 2011, 08:15 AM
False hope on the announcement this Friday. I think Amato and Tommy Bowden are the early leaders and it's Bowden's if he wants it. Appears that a decision will be final at the end of February or early March.

AppAlum2003
January 25th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I heard Don Shula is coming out of retirement to coach the '9ers... said it was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

moss2k
January 25th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I heard Don Shula is coming out of retirement to coach the '9ers... said it was too good of an opportunity to pass up.wow, imagine that. An App fan taking a shot at Charlotte. Why so angry?

49RFootballNow
January 25th, 2011, 01:34 PM
wow, imagine that. An App fan taking a shot at Charlotte. Why so angry?

Perhaps he has post playoff loss constipation?

moss2k
January 25th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Not sure. Many App fans seem to have negative feelings towards Charlotte starting a football team, would love to know why.

AppAlum2003
January 25th, 2011, 03:22 PM
See: Georgia State fans.

AppAlum2003
January 25th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Is that similar to "Never Even Played A Football Game But Think We're #1 In The Rankings And Should Be BCS #1 Immediately Diarrhea"?

boonedocks
January 25th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Is that similar to "Never Even Played A Football Game But Think We're #1 In The Rankings And Should Be BCS #1 Immediately Diarrhea"?

I don't think so, my diagnosis would be: "We're better than you because our campus is between Charlotte and Concord, and Charlotte has a NFL Team-itis"

AppAlum2003
January 25th, 2011, 03:28 PM
OK, OK, I'm sorry. I really should not have derailed this thread. Sorry UNC-C fans, I'll butt out.

49RFootballNow
January 25th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Oh good!

I was worried no one would step up to the smack plate for App.

I don't think so, my diagnosis would be: "We're better than you because our campus is between Charlotte and Concord, and Charlotte has a NFL Team-itis"

That's the disease we have! But it don't make ya poop.

moss2k
January 26th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Yes, we're going to dominate immediately! /sarcasm. I think with our location we have a chance to latch on to a major conference down the line, please see USF. You don't have to be #1 FCS to get a call to a BCS conference. I don't think we go BCS, IF we do, it's 15-20 years away and things have to fall perfectly in place for us. I do see us having a shot to go to CUSA in 5-7 years after we've started.

Saint3333
January 26th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I agree UNCC is in a good market. I'd say the best comparison would be UCF. I wonder how closely UNCC is watching ASU's FBS study as this will also have an impact on your program. If ASU decides not to try and make the move that would be great news for UNCC fans I'd imagine.

49RFootballNow
January 26th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I agree UNC Charlotte is in a good market. I'd say the best comparison would be UCF. I wonder how closely UNC Charlotte is watching ASU's FBS study as this will also have an impact on your program. If ASU decides not to try and make the move that would be great news for UNC Charlotte fans I'd imagine.

I don't see it having a major impact on us if App moves up now. I don't really think moving to the Sun Belt would change recruiting a whole lot in western NC.

AppAlum2003
January 26th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I don't see it having a major impact on us if App moves up now. I don't really think moving to the Sun Belt would change recruiting a whole lot in western NC.

I think you'd be surprised a little bit. Read through articles about recruits and whenever a kid is being recruited by mainly FCS schools, inevitably we see the quote "well, I'm holding out for some offers from Division 1 schools before I make a decision." If the recruits don't even recognize FCS as "Division 1," then clearly just being in something like the Sunbelt would make a difference.

49RFootballNow
January 26th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I think you'd be surprised a little bit. Read through articles about recruits and whenever a kid is being recruited by mainly FCS schools, inevitably we see the quote "well, I'm holding out for some offers from Division 1 schools before I make a decision." If the recruits don't even recognize FCS as "Division 1," then clearly just being in something like the Sunbelt would make a difference.

I suppose so. I still don't see the Sun Belt really turning the head of an average recruit one would consider significantly "better" than what App get's now. Plus, App probably will take a significant winning percentage hit (al la Marshall) with the move up, so it will be a bit before you tap into the middle market of FBS level recruits. And all that for the Sun Belt?

I see the Committee coming back with this recommendation:

App should move to FBS, when and if conditions a, b, c, d........ect, ect, ect are met. Schools love committees! If a good door opens for App then Peacock will jump at it and he won't bother with a committee to tell him to do so; but there aren't any good doors open right now.

AppAlum2003
January 26th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I agree - I don't want Sunbelt and I really don't think many App fans do. I'm just saying I think it would improve recruiting just a little bit. Plus, the jump automatically allows for more scholarships, which will definitely improve recruiting.

Saint3333
January 26th, 2011, 12:07 PM

Posts like this are why some ASU fans dislike UNCC. You assume the Sun Belt in the only option.

49RFootballNow
January 26th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Posts like this are why some ASU fans dislike UNC Charlotte. You assume the Sun Belt in the only option.

WAC? MAC? who?

AppAlum2003
January 26th, 2011, 01:15 PM
WAC? MAC? who?

Conf USA is a VERY outside possibility, but would work with some natural rivals (ECU, Marshall)

49RFootballNow
January 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Conf USA is a VERY outside possibility, but would work with some natural rivals (ECU, Marshall)

Not trying to piss anyone off but that's not going to happen. CUSA is a feeder conference for BCS conferences. Even if CUSA split there are still 15 schools already playing FBS ball ahead of App and Charlotte on CUSA's shopping list.

Appfan_in_CAAland
January 26th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Not trying to piss anyone off but that's not going to happen. CUSA is a feeder conference for BCS conferences. Even if CUSA split there are still 15 schools already playing FBS ball ahead of App and Charlotte on CUSA's shopping list.

And in '09, App State, missing its star QB, lost by 5 to the eventual CUSA champ East Carolina. In 2009, App was ahead of all but 11 non-BCS AQ FBS programs in attendance (I couldn't find '10s numbers). Why would the CUSA rather have a Troy or Louisiana Tech? Trying asking ECU AD Terry Holland would he'd like to see in the CUSA - he'd tell you the Mountaineers.

Apphole
January 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM

Who may I ask is ahead of ASU on C-USA's list? The fact is, there is none. When UCF leaves for the Bid East we will be in there. I wouldn't expect Charlotte to get any FBS offers for ten years. Especially after going 2-9 against teams the student body has never heard of. One problem that plagued ASU until recently is student and alums allegiance to other BCS teams. You won't draw enough funding with no national exposure and a school of 22k undergrads who would rather watch UNC play FSU on TV than watch UNCC lose at home to weak FCS school. It will be interesting to see how UNCC progresses after the initial hype has subsided and the reality of a fully-saturated North Carolina football market sets in. App will be FBS in the next 2 years. That's all the state will have for a while.

49RFootballNow
January 26th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Who may I ask is ahead of ASU on C-USA's list? The fact is, there is none.

In no particular order:

La Tech
Troy
FAU
FIU
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
Temple
Arkansas St.
North Texas
South Alabama
UL Lafayette
UL Monroe
UTSA

Like I've been told by plenty of App fans on this board before, no one moves to the front of the line.

Apphole
January 26th, 2011, 10:03 PM
In no particular order:

La Tech
Troy
FAU
FIU
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
Temple
Arkansas St.
North Texas
South Alabama
UL Lafayette
UL Monroe

Like I've been told by plenty of App fans on this board before, no one moves to the front of the line.

They do if they outdo all of those programs in every way...

It seems odd to me that a team that hasn't even existed yet already has know-it-all fans with delusions of grandeur.

Appfan_in_CAAland
January 26th, 2011, 10:07 PM
In no particular order:

La Tech
Troy
FAU
FIU
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
Temple
Arkansas St.
North Texas
South Alabama
UL Lafayette
UL Monroe
UTSA

I'll give you a couple of those schools, but there is no way the CUSA would rather have Arkansas State or UL Monroe than App State.

moss2k
January 26th, 2011, 10:12 PM
there is no way to know where App will be in 2 year, just like there is no way of knowing when Charlotte's jump to FBS will happen. We already have slotted $60,000,000 in the 6 year Non-General Fund Capital Improvements Plan budget for Football expansions in 2014-2015 (page 46), which is interesting to say the least...

https://www.northcarolina.edu/bog/doc.php?code=bog&id=21512

49RFootballNow
January 26th, 2011, 10:13 PM
They do if they outdo all of those programs in every way...

It seems odd to me that a team that hasn't even existed yet already has know-it-all fans with delusions of grandeur.

You didn't see me include Charlotte in there, now did you? No one in FBS is impressed with FCS Championships, ask Marshall fans if you don't believe it from me. Their two championships didn't buy them more than the MAC for nearly a decade BEFORE they got a CUSA invite; and even that invite was under extreme circumstances. There is no room at the CUSA inn and if one comes open ALL FCS schools are behind any east coast/texas school in the Sun Belt, MAC and WAC. That's just a reality.

Apphole
January 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I'll give you a couple of those schools, but there is no way the CUSA would rather have Arkansas State or UL Monroe than App State.

Well-hold-on-nah! How many of those schools have beaten a #5 ranked BCS team? What are those schools attendance numbers? How nice are their facilities? Could any create a rivalry as juicy as ECU-App State? What are their records? You'll find the Sunbelt not ranked much higher than the SoCon in SOS. We have a VERY productive chancellor/AD. We are at the front of the "line"

Appfan_in_CAAland
January 26th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Well-hold-on-nah! How many of those schools have beaten a #5 ranked BCS team? What are those schools attendance numbers? How nice are their facilities? Could any create a rivalry as juicy as ECU-App State? What are their records? You'll find the Sunbelt not ranked much higher than the SoCon in SOS. We have a VERY productive chancellor/AD. We are at the front of the "line"

Don't get me wrong, I'd put App ahead of every one of those schools and I think we are at least towards the front of the line; but unfortunately can see someone else choosing FAU or North Texas over App. The potential App-ECU rivalry is probably the best card App has in this game.

Saint3333
January 27th, 2011, 07:44 AM
In no particular order:

La Tech
Troy
FAU
FIU
Middle Tennessee
Western Kentucky
Temple
Arkansas St.
North Texas
South Alabama
UL Lafayette
UL Monroe
UTSA

How many of those teams have a higher average attendance than ASU?

AppAlum2003
January 27th, 2011, 08:16 AM

Don't forget, attendance at ASU will plummet to 10,000 a game as soon as they stop winning National Championships.

Oh wait, haven't won the NC in 3 years and led attendance last year :)

49RFootballNow
January 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM

Don't know, but seeing how most of these schools including App have rarely broken the 25,000 attendance mark I seriously doubt attendance below 35,000 would be a major concern for any conference looking at a school with a seating capacity below that mark in the first place.

Apphole
January 27th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Don't know, but seeing how most of these schools including App have rarely broken the 25,000 attendance mark I seriously doubt attendance below 35,000 would be a major concern for any conference looking at a school with a seating capacity below that mark in the first place.

That's funny. We haven't dipped below 25k during the reg season in 3 years... You have removed all doubt that you have no idea what you're talking about.

49RFootballNow
January 27th, 2011, 11:29 AM
That's funny. We haven't dipped below 25k during the reg season in 3 years... You have removed all doubt that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Congratulations, you got me on 1 year. But your attendance doesn't mean a thing to CUSA. They have enough schools that struggle to get to 25,000. App has done a great job, at the FCS level, in attendance. That doen't translate in FBS.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Stats/Football/Attendance/index.html

2009:

average attendance: 24,004

2008:

average attendance: 25,161

2007:

average attendance: 24,218

2006:

average attendance: 20,546

2005:

average attendance: 17,917

glsjunior
January 27th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Interesting that Morehead St., UNCC, and Campbell seem always to be fodder for start up teams. And ODU seems to like to break them in as well.

glsjunior
January 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Don't forget, attendance at ASU will plummet to 10,000 a game as soon as they stop winning National Championships.

Oh wait, haven't won the NC in 3 years and led attendance last year :)

They were still having the Armanti hangover. What did you draw the years before he got there?

Apphole
January 27th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Congratulations, you got me on 1 year. But your attendance doesn't mean a thing to CUSA. They have enough schools that struggle to get to 25,000. App has done a great job, at the FCS level, in attendance. That doen't translate in FBS.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Stats/Football/Attendance/index.html

2009:

average attendance: 24,004

2008:

average attendance: 25,161

2007:

average attendance: 24,218

2006:

average attendance: 20,546

2005:

average attendance: 17,917

Way to conveniently leave out 2010.

Apphole
January 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM
You continue to make excuses, while we continue to lead the nation in attendence. It makes absolutly no sence that our highest attended year ever is the year after he graduated. Not to mention when we start to play decent competition the interest will skyrocket.

49RFootballNow
January 27th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Way to conveniently leave out 2010.

Please post your 2010 figures with sources. Don't forget to include those home playoff games.

You continue to make excuses, while we continue to lead the nation in attendence. It makes absolutly no sence that our highest attended year ever is the year after he graduated. Not to mention when we start to play decent competition the interest will skyrocket.

I'm sure your attendance figures impress the Sun Belt officials. CUSA officials are more interested in TV markets to help get that $7 mil per team payout higher.

Apphole
January 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Please post your 2010 figures with sources. Don't forget to include those home playoff games.

Why would playoff attendence be a factor? I don't know if you know this, but the FBS doesn't have a playoff.

Saint3333
January 27th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Playoffs games don't really translate to FBS schedules as they don't exist at that level, thought you newbies to college football might need educating. (apphole beat me to it).

Since 2005 ASU has had one season in which the regular season attendance has been below 25,000 and that was 2005 at 23,000.

ASU's TV market includes Winston, Greensboro, Tri Cities in TN, Hickory, and yes Charlotte. If you live in Charlotte you may know this as ASU is regularly in the Observer, on News 14, and even has a strong AM radio home in 730AM based just west of Charlotte.

Saint3333
January 27th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'm certainly not going there. UNCC will have a successful football program and I welcome a rivalry, unlike how UNCC has treated ASU in the past.

49RFootballNow
January 27th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Why would playoff attendence be a factor? I don't know if you know this, but the FBS doesn't have a playoff.

They were home games for you, were they not?

I'm certainly not going there. UNC Charlotte will have a successful football program and I welcome a rivalry, unlike how UNC Charlotte has treated ASU in the past.

Not really sure how we've "treated ASU" in the past but you get on our schedule at least twice a decade so we're not ignoring you by any means. I think it will be a good rivalry if it develops.

moss2k
January 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I'm certainly not going there. UNCC will have a successful football program and I welcome a rivalry, unlike how UNCC has treated ASU in the past.
I think a rivalry would be great for both programs. We haven't played App enough in the past to develop a rivalry. ECU is a different story since we were with them in CUSA for a while.

Ninerballin
January 27th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Playoffs games don't really translate to FBS schedules as they don't exist at that level, thought you newbies to college football might need educating. (apphole beat me to it).

Since 2005 ASU has had one season in which the regular season attendance has been below 25,000 and that was 2005 at 23,000.

ASU's TV market includes Winston, Greensboro, Tri Cities in TN, Hickory, and yes Charlotte. If you live in Charlotte you may know this as ASU is regularly in the Observer, on News 14, and even has a strong AM radio home in 730AM based just west of Charlotte.

App's TV Market doesn't include Charlotte, just a FYI. Just because you are on the radio in a market doesn't make that part of your TV market. If that was the case, there's a ton of teams who can claim Charlotte as a TV market, but it doesn't necessarily make it true.

Unless Boone has the same local stations as Charlotte subscribers, then they aren't included in Charlotte's TV market.

cmaxwellgsu
January 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM

I have this disgusting taste in my mouth while posting this, but wouldn't App's attendance be a plus to CUSA if they have schools struggling to get to 25,000!?! Good Lord are all these fans of startups unbelievable........

Saint3333
January 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I think a rivalry would be great for both programs. We haven't played App enough in the past to develop a rivalry. ECU is a different story since we were with them in CUSA for a while.

I agree with this, two mid-majors programs within 100 miles of each other should play much more often than we do in basketball as well as other sports.

As for the poster claiming Charlotte isn't included in ASU's "TV market". Raleigh is considered to be in ECU's TV market, which is 85 miles away, Charlotte is 100 miles from ASU. The Charlotte metro area also has more than 14,000 ASU alumni. Does ASU dominate the sports media in Charlotte, no way, that is UNC-CH, Duke, and to some extent NCSU, that isn't going to change.

As you'll see here this tv market map includes Watagua in the Charlotte TV market.

http://www.echostaruser.com/TVMarkets/City%20Maps/Charlotte.gif

moss2k
January 27th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Excuse us Charlotte fans, we don't know what a TV or Radio market is. Maybe football will bring us some airtime, right now we have horrible coverage.

Appfan_in_CAAland
January 27th, 2011, 07:35 PM

I know, I know!!! None of them! App would lead the Sun Belt, MAC, and the remaining WAC in attendance - and they'd be in the top half in the Mountain West and Conference USA - and finish ahead of at least one school in every BCS AQ conference except the SEC and Big 12.

Appfan_in_CAAland
January 27th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Unless Boone has the same local stations as Charlotte subscribers, then they aren't included in Charlotte's TV market.

???????????xsmhxxlolxxsmhxxlolxxsmhx?????????

So its settled, Boone is in the Charlotte TV market then.

Mountaineer
January 27th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Do WBTV, WSOC, WCCB, WCNC, WTVI, WJZY and WMYT count? xlolx

49RFootballNow
January 27th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Do WBTV, WSOC, WCCB, WCNC, WTVI, WJZY and WMYT count? xlolx

Good luck with that.

Mountaineer
January 27th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Good luck with that.

He was asking if Boone has the same local stations as Charlotte. Being a resident of Boone I felt I was qualified to mention that, yes, we do in fact have Charlotte stations.

Appreciate the well wishes though. I don't know how I'd survive without seeing non-stop weather coverage when it sprinkles in the Queen City. xeyebrowx

tractorapp
January 28th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Good luck with that.

wow, just wow....

gwu1977
January 30th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I can't wait for this game against the 49ers. Hopefully we can start an in-state rivalry.

49RFootballNow
February 2nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
More on The Chest and 49er Football

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2011/02/amato-would-love-to-coach-49ers.html

49RFootballNow
April 6th, 2011, 12:04 PM
http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1208577

Adding a little SoCon in in 2014. In addition to playing at Furman we will play at The Citadel and Georgia Southern will visit our new stadium. Western Carolina also makes the 2014 schedule.

Aug. 30, 2014 -
Sept. 6, 2014 - OLD DOMINION (H)
Sept. 13, 2014 - at NC Central (A)
Sept. 20, 2014 - at Campbell (A)
Sept. 27, 2014 - CHARLESTON SOUTHERN (H)
Oct. 4, 2014 - at Gardner Webb (A)
Oct. 11, 2014 - at The Citadel (A)
Oct. 18, 2014 -
Oct. 25, 2014 - GEORGIA SOUTHERN (H)
Nov. 1, 2014 - at Western Carolina (A)
Nov. 8, 2014 - COASTAL CAROLINA (H)
Nov. 15, 2014 - at Furman (A)
Nov. 22, 2014 - MOREHEAD STATE (H)

Looks like we've locked up the 2014 schedule with these 3 additions.

GA St. MBB Fan
April 6th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Heard anything about Georgia State being added? I believe it was stated in our AJC blog that there was some interest, but I can't recall if I've heard there were actual discussions.

49RFootballNow
April 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Heard anything about Georgia State being added? I believe it was stated in our AJC blog that there was some interest, but I can't recall if I've heard there were actual discussions.

Nothing yet. I was a bit surprised to see Georgia Southern before Georgia St. on the schedule; simply because we're both startups and we have ODU already, similar circumstances and all. I know '13 and '14 are 12 games seasons, but our AD has said we have one more game to schedule for '13 (11 total) and as we're already at 11 games for '14 I don't know if we'll have a 12th game in that year either. Furman is already a return game in '15. No idea if GSo, WCU or Cit will expect return games in '15 or beyond at this point but if all 4 are in 2015 (assuming we're in a conference then other than the SoCon) we're almost booked up for the first 3 years.

T-Dog
April 6th, 2011, 03:57 PM
(its a 12 game season in 14 as well as 13, right?)

Yes. 2013 and 2014 are optional 12-game seasons in FCS due to the calendar (13 games in FBS). You can either do 11 games and have two bye weeks or 12 games and have one bye week. 2008 was the last time it happened and ASU played 12 games including a trip to JMU.

We already are @ Montana in 2013 and @ McNeese St in 2014 so we can still play an FBS and have 6 home games (pending on what the future holds).

seantaylor
April 6th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Sammy Baker giving a start up a home and home. Guy is an absolute fool.

Sly Fox
April 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM
It would appear the 49ers are leaving their 2014 schedule setup for a Big South or SoCon membership. Should they somehow come to an agreement with the CAA, I wonder how many fo these games would need to be moved.

eaglewraith
April 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM

Yea I'm surprised by this. At least it isn't in the Dakotas this time. Wanna lay bets on that next game getting "bought out" by Charlotte? And by bought out I mean that they'll at least offer us some lube before Sam lets them bend us over.

The Eagle's Cliff
April 6th, 2011, 07:55 PM
At least it takes care of a D1 win for '14 and '15. Some of the younger Ga Southern fans weren't around when established winners (at the time) Chattanooga, Middle Tennessee, Fla A&M were giving a Statesboro, Ga start-up home-home deals which we desperately needed. Geographically, Charlotte makes a lot of sense. Ga St also makes sense.

eaglewraith
April 6th, 2011, 09:41 PM
At least it takes care of a D1 win for '14 and '15. Some of the younger Ga Southern fans weren't around when established winners (at the time) Chattanooga, Middle Tennessee, Fla A&M were giving a Statesboro, Ga start-up home-home deals which we desperately needed. Geographically, Charlotte makes a lot of sense. Ga St also makes sense.

The problem is that none of those programs have come close to equaling what we've done.

GA St. MBB Fan
April 6th, 2011, 10:15 PM

Yea I'm surprised by this. At least it isn't in the Dakotas this time. Wanna lay bets on that next game getting "bought out" by Charlotte? And by bought out I mean that they'll at least offer us some lube before Sam lets them bend us over.

The problem is that none of those programs have come close to equaling what we've done.

Yeah scheduling Charlotte has really given Baker a lot of credence in regard to his statements on scheduling GA St. xrolleyesx

Like when he said:

Levick [GA State's A.D.] is eager for a game with the rival GSU. Baker, would not comment on a possible GSU-GSU game beyond "I hadn't thought about it." http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-state/georgia-state-or-georgia-611233.html

Or the idea that GA Southern is "scheduled out." http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2011/02/15/gsu-2011-schedule-notes-pt-2/ If GA Southern was so scheduled out, then how did they find a place to schedule a home and home with Charlotte? xliarx

49RFootballNow
April 6th, 2011, 11:10 PM
It would appear the 49ers are leaving their 2014 schedule setup for a Big South or SoCon membership. Should they somehow come to an agreement with the CAA, I wonder how many fo these games would need to be moved.

We won't be joining a conference in 2014 so I doubt we'll vacate any games that year. The earliest we'd join a conference is 2015.

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2011/04/socon-football-opponents-added.html