PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Eastern Washington Eagles 2011 FCS Champions!

GreatAppSt
January 7th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Great comeback win.xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

GrizBowl
January 7th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Unbelievable! u guys have earned it. Finally the CAA reign of terror is over xsmileyclapx

EWU518
January 7th, 2011, 09:38 PM
YUP!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
January 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

semobison
January 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Congrats EWU! You were a team of destiny! Two improbable comebacks in the playoffs including the championship game!

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Congrats EWU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eaglesrus
January 7th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Great comeback, congratulations to the other Eagles!

goyotes
January 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Congrats to the Eagles on a great comeback and to both teams on an entertaining championship game. Way to represent the FCS brand of football.

TheRevSFA
January 7th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Congrats EWU!

AppAlum2003
January 7th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Heck of a game! Congrats Eagles!

Tod
January 7th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah, baby!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

WyomingGrizFan
A great game played by EWU!!! Big Sky Conference is back on top again!!!

Nebuta
Congrats EWU! You were a team of destiny! Two improbable comebacks in the playoffs including the championship game!
Amen, Grats EWU, you were definately a team of destiny. Alot of breaks your guys way, on route to a NC.

mtbigdog
January 7th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Congrats Eastern!

Jackman
January 7th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Congrats, EWU. Apparently it's a bad strategy to put EWU down by multiple scores.

App-a-latch-un
January 7th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Congrats to EW and Big Sky!

CrazyCat
January 7th, 2011, 10:01 PM
xnodx xsmileyclapx

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Congrats, EWU. Apparently it's a bad strategy to put EWU down by multiple scores.

I almost wish we had been dominated from the beginning, it would have given more time to mentally prepare for the loss. EWU came out of nowhere on fire that second half. Great job EWU, welcome to the championship club.

AppMAN04
January 7th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Congrats EWU!!! Its good to finally see a team from the west take the crown and also to knock the CAA off of their high horse... Good game, the better team won..xnodx

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Congrats EWU!!! Its good to finally see a team from the west take the crown and also to knock the CAA off of their high horse... Good game, the better team won..xnodx

There's nothing wrong with our horse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUl9_5kK9ts). 2nd place may be first loser, but I'll take that over a DNQ.

Tod
January 7th, 2011, 10:14 PM
There's nothing wrong with our horse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUl9_5kK9ts). 2nd place may be first loser, but I'll take that over a DNQ.

From a Montana fan, I'll agree with this! :)

Keeper
January 7th, 2011, 10:18 PM
WATCH OUT THIS SEPTEMBER IN SEATTLE YOU DAWGS

UMass922
January 7th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Congrats EWU! Welcome to the winner's circle. xthumbsupx

paul1978
January 7th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Congrats EWU, nice come back.

mikebigg
January 7th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Congratulatoins EWU

Screamin_Eagle174
January 7th, 2011, 10:45 PM
WATCH OUT THIS SEPTEMBER IN SEATTLE YOU DAWGS

xthumbsupx

ngineer
January 7th, 2011, 10:54 PM
That was one exciting finish! Great game. Clearly, EWU made great adjustments in the second half, and Delaware made no counter. Congrats to the Eagles. They earned it.

Anovafan
January 7th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Congrats EWU, as you no doubt saw this year, the edge for a NC is razor thin. When you got it, you got it, when you don't, you don't. Way to go tonight, it was a heck of a game.

100%GRIZ
January 7th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Congrats Eagles - You earned my respect many years ago but solidified it today! You made all the Big Sky Proud!

TheValleyRaider
January 7th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Congrats Eastern Washington Eagles! xhurrayx

A comeback for the ages for the national title. Enjoy every minute of it xthumbsupx xnodx xsmileyclapx

GSUwinsagain
January 7th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Congrats to EWU Eagles !!! Great game, you earned it.

dudeitsaid
January 7th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Congrats to EWU Football! What a great season, filled with games that were exciting, intense, and competitive. What a heck of a National Championship.

And congrats to Delaware on a great season. The Hens truly are a very talented and balanced team. Both teams represented their respective conferences and the FCS well. What a great game!

jmufan999
January 8th, 2011, 12:06 AM
congrats eagles! you guys are really, really impressive. it was just clutch play after clutch play in big moments. very fun to watch.

MountaineerMania54
January 8th, 2011, 12:09 AM

Awww don't be a sore loser... :)

Dallas Demon
January 8th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Congrats Eagles, I was at the game and your team has a lot of heart to comeback like that for the championship win!

The Eagle's Cliff
January 8th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Congrats to EWU!

OL FU
January 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Congratulations to the Eagles. Tough loss for the Hens. Thanks to both teams for a great game.xsmileyclapx

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2011, 08:49 AM
congrats to EWU, you kept your composure when all appeared lost, in the end you just had better players on the field, your WR's are playmakers, very impressed with #3 and he's only a sophmore, when you put the pressure on Devlin, your guys found a way to hit him and rattle him a bit, Delaware had no answer when the pendelum swung the other way and i really dont blame the Delaware coaches, EWU just stepped up. Delawares has receivers that are good in the system (#19 excluded as he is actually good) but they dont have EWU type receivers and i think that hurt us in the end

SpeedkingATL
January 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
The EWU team has the hearts of Champions! Great comeback win and National Championship.

darell1976
January 8th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Congrats Eagles!!!!! Its nice to see another national title go to the Big Sky!! Makes us Sioux fans even more excited to be joining!!!!!!!!!!! GO BIG SKY!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 8th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Great run by the Eagles this year. Nice to have a "western" team win it all.

Hope the Bison get a rematch next year!!

panther84
January 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Nice job EWU

srgrizizen
January 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM
As a Griz fan, I probably shouldn't enjoy EWUs win as much as I did, but I loved it. Congrats Eagles! And the poster who said there is no shame in 2nd place is absolutely right. You beat a great team in Delaware.

VUCats02
January 8th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Wow what a game! Couldn't watch it last night but DVR'd it and just watched it. Congrats EWU! After a very boring first half, the 2nd half was very entertaining. What a game!

Tribe07
January 8th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Honestly EWU, I am impressed. Beating 'Nova and then UD is no easy task. In fact, I do believe W&M is the only other team in the nation to accomplish that same feat this year. Congratulations on a well-earned title!

wofford92
January 8th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Great Game, Congratulations to EWU. They are a deserving team. Hens also great team... Two quality representatives of FCS.

WileECoyote06
January 8th, 2011, 11:04 AM
That was a great game. At least the patrons in my bar thought so!

Congrats to Eastern Washington; what a gutty performance throughout the playoffs! xsmileyclapx

silvertipgriz
January 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Congratz Eagles! And thank you for proving to the CAA and The Sports Network writers that there are other teams that can play football.

bojeta
January 8th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Had me totally convinced you were going down after that first half!! Congratulations on the amazing comeback and thanks for an EXCITING evening!!! We had a blast! The look on the VP's face at the end of the game alone was worth it!! lol.

Go Cal Poly Mustangs in 2011!!!!

bulldog
January 8th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Congrats EWU, as you no doubt saw this year, the edge for a NC is razor thin. When you got it, you got it, when you don't, you don't. Way to go tonight, it was a heck of a game.

Yeah, what he said!

Way to go, Eagles. You never panicked, made great halftime adjustments, and just came out and did what you had to do to win, which was pressure Devlin.... which puzzled me as to why Keeler didn't go with Pierce more. He was having a great game and EWU was leaving those incredible running lanes open up the middle.

Now, if you'll excuse me it's time for breakfast. My wife has prepared a scrumptious offering of crow and pancakes.

GABison
January 8th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Congrats EWU. Well done!!! I like how your offense played to win, especially during the playoffs. You earned the NC.

Small comfort to know we took the National Champs into overtime at their field.

Rekdiver
January 8th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I love the way everyone congrats EWU and then finds a way to make their team look better. Gentlemen, we are all in the rear view mirror no matter how you want to color it.

EWU, enjoy your reign as King for the year!

OrygunBison
January 8th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I love the way everyone congrats EWU and then finds a way to make their team look better. Gentlemen, we are all in the rear view mirror no matter how you want to color it.

EWU, enjoy your reign as King for the year!

Well said. I humbly bow to EWU. Nice work on a great season!

Ivytalk
January 8th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Congrats to EWU on a stirring comeback and an excellent season.

SalukiJim
January 8th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Is it over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??? Noooo!
Fantastically entertaining game, glad EWU made it to the top. Congrats!

McNeese75
January 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Congrats to the Eagles, The new CAA Killer xnodx

spdram
January 8th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Congrats to EWU -- welcome to the crowd that can claim a National Crown. Well done!